Thing vs. Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Melee/H2H only

who wins

lawest9
They have fought before, Simon's a lot stronger but Ben have always given him a tough fight.

Booya_69
Thing gets his licks in, but ultimately goes down first.

8swords
benjamin "hulkbuster thing" grimm wins this for me, more experience fighitng other bricks

Stoic
It would be great if Marvel gave the Thing better control of his form. They should allow him to both increase his durability strength, as well well as decrease it so that he could return to looking human. Oh, and Simon wins this. The strength gap is too large imo.

leonidas
a classic:

https://imgur.com/a/nuTdqPk

"I'm much tougher than wondy...." love bengy. simon was controlled there, but the comment stands. simon seems to have become a lot more powerful, but also a...pacifist? one of the most inconsistently written and poorly used guys in marvel. i'd still take ben. thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
a classic:

https://imgur.com/a/nuTdqPk

"I'm much tougher than wondy...." love bengy. simon was controlled there, but the comment stands. simon seems to have become a lot more powerful, but also a...pacifist? one of the most inconsistently written and poorly used guys in marvel. i'd still take ben. thumb up
Yes Simon was controlled but he had help from his controller : Xemu. So it was really Thing vs Mind Controlled Simon AND Xemu and Thing was still holding his own. Poor Simon is overrated on these boards.

Thing wins the overwhelming majority.

lawest9
Originally posted by zopzop
Yes Simon was controlled but he had help from his controller : Xemu. So it was really Thing vs Mind Controlled Simon AND Xemu and Thing was still holding his own. Poor Simon is overrated on these boards.

Thing wins the overwhelming majority. I see that as the opposite here, it's because he was mind controlled that he wasn't fighting at his full capacity, Ben is not in Simon's strength class, possibly better h2h fighter.......maybe.

h1a8
WM

zopzop
Originally posted by lawest9
I see that as the opposite here, it's because he was mind controlled that he wasn't fighting at his full capacity, Ben is not in Simon's strength class, possibly better h2h fighter.......maybe.
I know he wasn't fighting at full capacity, Ben said so on panel. But the point I was making is, even though Simon wasn't fighting at 100%, Simon's master was helping him fight Ben.

Thing is definitely in Simon's league strength wise. Check out a Thing respect thread and see for yourself. Also, Thing is a MUCH better H2H fighter than Simon. Not even close.

leonidas
yup. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.