Star Wars: Republic Commando

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
IMO, if this game had been longer and had some more open-ended levels, it could've been as good as Halo 1.

cdtm
Somehow even worse then the awful Jedi Outcast.

KingD19
Both of those games were awesome. What are you on about?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Somehow even worse then the awful Jedi Outcast. cdtm, you need someone to do this to you:
i97EzIOF8dQ

Jmanghan
It's all but confirmed, btw:
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/1359598349083697155

KingD19
Maybe them putting it on the Switch will give the IP enough of a kick in the pants to jumpstart the sequel we never got.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
Maybe them putting it on the Switch will give the IP enough of a kick in the pants to jumpstart the sequel we never got. Yeah I guess, I'm just happy to play this game on the go.

Jesus I can't even imagine how fun it's gonna be.

OMG, Gyro aim as well, woot!

Nemesis X
Such a criminally underrated game. It deserves a sequel with the first mission saving Sev ]:<

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Such a criminally underrated game. It deserves a sequel with the first mission saving Sev ]:< Did you play any multiplayer back in the day? How was it?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Did you play any multiplayer back in the day? How was it?

Couldn't play the multiplayer but the single player was great.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Couldn't play the multiplayer but the single player was great. I agree, just wish there was more. It was so short and just left me wanting. I played through twice on PC and once on Xbox One, I didn't get to play it in it's heyday, but I did play the Demo they had on another SW game, was so good.

I mean if we get a few less new games to focus on porting some of the really good old ones, I am a-okay with that, tbh, keep em comin, Disney.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
Both of those games were awesome. What are you on about?

Hell yeah they were and Raven Software were a good developer too.

Hate what Activision has done to them forcing them to work on CoD multiplayer maps.

Jmanghan
IT'S HERE!: rfQCuX6bwZo

Kazenji
Looks like they updated the textures for the console port.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks like they updated the textures for the console port. Yeah, very good-looking.

Edit: Oof, did not realize it was coming to PS4 and PS5, my bad:
MTi1KSZt5Jw

Trocity
Originally posted by cdtm
Somehow even worse then the awful Jedi Outcast.

laughing out loud

Just can't help himself.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, very good-looking.

I'll just play it on PC which i still own and look for a HD texture pack if one exists.

Tzeentch
Keep talking to him soon you'll exist in hell.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Keep talking to him soon you'll exist in hell. wut.

Tzeentch
Did stuttero

Jmanghan
Did stuttero okay.

Smasandian
Honestly, I didn't think much about this game when I played it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Honestly, I didn't think much about this game when I played it. It's honestly right up there with Halo, Modern Warfare, and DOOM 2016 as one of my favorite FPS games.

It's not as good as those games technically, but it really opens up the grittiness of the Clone Wars.

What it needed was just... more, of everything. The game is too short, multiplayer was rather average but very fun and definitely more "tactical" then the Battlefront series.

The game ended on a cliffhanger.

It really made you learn to respect Droids as formidable opponents.

cdtm
None of those games were good. laughing

cdtm

I know, his taste in games is horrible.

Kazenji

Whatever.. attention seeking douchbag.

Jmanghan
They took out the ****ing multiplayer: https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/24/22298085/star-wars-republic-commando-ps4-switch-release-date

Oh yeah no, short campaign, no couch co-op, and we're expected to just replay the game over and over, the like 4-7 hour campaign.

I was hoping I'd be able to play multiplayer using gyro aim, but nope.

Ridley_Prime
I don't see it mentioned in the link? That's dumb though. So all that's left for this is just the campaign? No wonder they made the game here a cheap price.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I don't see it mentioned in the link? That's dumb though. So all that's left for this is just the campaign? No wonder they made the game here a cheap price. "The revival is a single-player only experience (Republic Commando had a less-remembered multiplayer mode) with modernized controls."

Yeah, except it's going for $5 more then the PC version here. The PC version that has mods and multiplayer.

Kazenji
Glad i still own a copy of this game on PC.

Jmanghan
YDzhuVvGrLo

Jmanghan
Just wanna point out I'm so ****ing glad they re-released this on Switch because I was getting tired of my $80 used Xbox copy.

I wanted to play it on a console. -Shrugs-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.