King Thanos vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
King Thanos vs Cosmic King Thor

Insane Titan
King Thanos stomps

Adam Grimes
Thor.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Thor. How

h1a8
drain Thanos lol

celeyhyga17
Which king thor? So many versions already.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
drain Thanos lol And what proof do you have he can drain king Thanos?

Younger weaker Thanos has never been drained and he had a nearly limitless energy supply.

Insane Titan
King Thanos before he reached his peak already killed Old king Thor with ease

https://i.ibb.co/n7z8wbp/F340-DBD3-3-BDD-4-E45-B47-A-18829-C8837-B6.jpg

DantasKEdc
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Which king thor? So many versions already. Cosmic/ Herald of Thunder

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Insane Titan

https://i.ibb.co/n7z8wbp/F340-DBD3-3-BDD-4-E45-B47-A-18829-C8837-B6.jpg Alternate version in a story full of inconcistencies.

It's funny that you say weaker considering that Old Thanos was helpless against him. Same Thanos that never held a candle to regular Galactus.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
Again he sniggers at young Thanos best shots

https://i.ibb.co/gJSTWwW/B92-AEDA5-90-CD-450-E-AEBB-7-E89-D225-A75-C.jpg

Diesldude

Stoic

https://i.ibb.co/n7z8wbp/F340-DBD3-3-BDD-4-E45-B47-A-18829-C8837-B6.jpg

He did indeed, my guy.

King Thanos stomps

Adam Grimes
Again he sniggers at young Thanos best shots

https://i.ibb.co/gJSTWwW/B92-AEDA5-90-CD-450-E-AEBB-7-E89-D225-A75-C.jpg He was taunting 616 Thanos because he wanted to be killed, yes, but Old Dione going 'GRAGHHH!' and 'AGH!' repeatedly does not help your argument in the way you think it does.

What happened after that, huh?

Not to mention the plethora of inconsistencies present in the series that you always handwave when discussing this topic.

Insane Titan

h1a8
And what proof do you have he can drain king Thanos?

Younger weaker Thanos has never been drained and he had a nearly limitless energy supply.

It was a semi joke.
Basically, members are saying Cosmic Thor is impressive because of he drained an amped Galactus. The logic flows as: if Thor can drain amped Galactus then he can drain anyone equal or under him.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
It was a semi joke.
Basically, members are saying Cosmic Thor is impressive because of he drained an amped Galactus. The logic flows as: if Thor can drain amped Galactus then he can drain anyone equal or under him. King Thanos killed Galactus and every abstract.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cosmic King Thor? Like from the Black Winter arc? Thor obviously stomps.

His last appearance (Right before he destroyed the Black Winter), he was already way beyond anyone Thanos had faced, and had drained Galactus of the PC and added it to his own.

Based on stacking, he'd have easily killed Universal Eternity. Which makes sense, the BW ate Universes like Galactus ate planets.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Cosmic King Thor? Like from the Black Winter arc? Thor obviously stomps.

His last appearance (Right before he destroyed the Black Winter), he was already way beyond anyone Thanos had faced, and had drained Galactus of the PC and added it to his own.

Based on stacking, he'd have easily killed Universal Eternity. Which makes sense, the BW ate Universes like Galactus ate planets. king Thanos killed the living tribunal , Galactus and ever other abstract within the universe.

MrMind
Death looks very beautiful there

Adam Grimes

Insane Titan

Adam Grimes

DarkSaint85
It means young Thanos is >>>>>abstract level,obvs.

Insane Titan

Adam Grimes

Insane Titan
You are phucking dumb I'm done here. as I though you have nothing. Run along.

GodofNature
King Thanos seems like the obvious choice, unless i am missing some important informations?

Adam Grimes
as I though you have nothing. Run along. Nah. If someone else wants to pick up the argument from where we left, I'm all up for it. You're just too thin skinned to deal with lol.

Insane Titan
Nah. If someone else wants to pick up the argument from where we left, I'm all up for it. You're just too thin skinned to deal with lol. you use whatever excuse you need to feel safe.

Adam Grimes
you use whatever excuse you need to feel safe. Rest easy, warrior. You've already ensured your stay in Keyboard Valhalla. thumb up

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Galan007
Isn't the KT timeline given an alternate-universe designation? TRN666, I think it is.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Galan007
Isn't the KT timeline given an alternate-universe designation? TRN666, I think it is. Yup, it's earth TRN666.

Insane Titan

Adam Grimes

Galan007
But if it's an alternate reality, then all of the characters are just that: alternate versions. Not 616.

It's like adult Franklin Richards: even though he is intimately familiar with his 616 child self, and seems to know exactly how things will play out in 616, he's still from an alternate universe.

Insane Titan

Galan007
All I'm saying is that it is designated Earth-TNG666. So it's still an alternate universe/timeline, no matter how closely certain elements mirror 616.

So KT casually one-shotting the Galactus in that timeline, for example(the one with a "battle scarf" and hilariously oversized energy rifle that was running towards him, lol) is not indicative of how he'd fair against mainstream/616 Galactus. Alternate universes = alternate characters.

As mentioned: it's essentially the same thing as with adult Franklin and child Franklin.

Insane Titan

Galan007
It's still an alternate universe/timeline(hence the designation "TNG666".)

In the canon 616 timeline, for example, Galactus and Franklin are the last two beings in existence -- they survive to see all of creation come to an end, and then do the fusion dance to birth a new creation.

...But in the KT timeline, Galactus was killed by Thanos. This is possible, because it is an alternate universe. Alternate universes = alternate characters.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I think It's 616 up till a certain point and then diverges into its own timeline.

Adam Grimes

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Adam Grimes
What is the difference? Let's see if you can tell me what is so obvious about it.

That post what's obviously poking fun at the constant e-rage thingy you have going on. Do you even read bro

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
The official marvel bio for 616 Thanos that entails his history has the events of KT within it.

DarkSaint85
Then all those What If? stories are usable? Because they all start in 616, then 'branch off'.

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85

Insane Titan

abhilegend
Thor

h1a8

Insane Titan

Galan007

AlbertoJohnAvil

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
It's a probable future.

King Thanos saw him wiping out Old King Thor while they were old and separately.
But the Black Winter showed Thor dying at the hands at non-old Thanos with zombified characters behind him.
Then the events of King Thor showed him battling Gorr and ultimately sacrificing himself.
History of the Marvel Universe showed Franklin Richards being the restarter of the universe with Galactus.
And Immortal Hulk had TOBA merge with Hulk to become the Breaker of Worlds and restart the universe.
So nothing really set in stone. It's a plethora of possible futures.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil

Adam Grimes

Stoic
I see it as an alternate future of 616 characters which means that we can't allude to the idea that they're any weaker than their 616 selves of the past, unless at some point along the way they got nerfed.

AlbertoJohnAvil
It's how the 'What Ifs...?' handled it and how Thor's Reigning story diverged into Earth 3515 and back again from his Earth 616 series.
However, the diverging point isn't as neat since he was pulled into the future by CGR.

Stoic
Exactly

Insane Titan
Do you have proof this is how Earths are created in Marvel?

Or is it that Earths can be roughly similar to a certain degree(some events still taking place and whatnot) and diverge in some turning point, but never stop being two separate earths? Cates story directly follows on from Lemires Thanos story which was set in the 616. Cates KT directly references ALL the events that have happened to 616 canon Thanos from his birth to infinity gauntlet , cosmic cube saga, fighting Odin , getting killed by Drax and imprisoned by Thane.

You show any proof from any other universe where all these happened just like the it did in the 616 universe then you will have a point.

Insane Titan

Galan007
It's not about making any characters look good or bad. It's about established Marvel cosmology, which dictates that alternate universes/timelines = alternate characters.

My only point being that KT's performance against, say, TNG666 Galactus is not necessarily indicative of how a fight between KT and 616 Galactus would play out, because the Galactuses(Galacti?) are still different versions...and not all versions are created equal.

Assuming alternate universe characters get all the feats of their mainstream counterparts, simply because the alt-u in question branches from 616 is a very slippery slope. DS already mentioned this, but the same logic would apply to What-Ifs(which also branch directly from 616 events)... but of course, we never assume What-If characters are all equal to their 616 versions for the cited reasons.

I know your opinion isn't going to change, IT. Just adding my 2 cents here. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.