Vaapad in canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
I know Vaapad is a canon saber form. But my question is if it still has the "meta" quality of being able to tap into an opponents darkness and whatnot?

Galan007
It's just stated to be a Juyo variant. No 'meta' qualities have been alluded to.

Darth Thor
^ But it still skirts the dark side.

ozz81
Basically it counteracts the dark side users like an antidote to it etc I take it to a certain extent ..

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ But it still skirts the dark side. Yes, definitely. It is still a highly aggressive form and whatnot.

Pretty sure Mace is the only confirmed user of form VII in canon.

Stealth Moose
Vaapad without Shatterpoint though is kind of hard to differentiate from basic Juyo.

Freedon Nadd
I thought the difference between Juyo and Vaapad is that both are just mental "forms". And when it comes to Vaapad you are channeling your own dark side whereas Juyo channels the enemy's dark side into yourself.

juyomaster34
They are more than just mental forms .
Both are still very dangerous.
Juyo has its own techniques,so does Vaapad.
Opposites of same the coin Juyo is within Vaapad is without.
Both feed on the dark side,but only one can create a superconducting loop.

Both Forms empower the user,yes only one doesn't let the dark side touch you.
Both requires mastery of control and not the loss of it.
Vaapad,to Mace and his fellow Jedi Master Depa Billaba is more than just a light saber style,its
a state of mind.
I guess what I'm trying to say is No two masters or practitioners weild Juyo the same way.The same could be said about Vaapad. Disney canon is confused on Form VII practitioners anyway.

Depa was a master of Vaapad.
If her base style was Soresu, then Soresu's defense is most definitely tied in with her mastery,well submastery of her version of Vaapad.

And before I say this I know its going to be an agrument and debate.
So how many blades do you see?
The other difference between Juyo and Vaapad is Vaapad has defense and Juyo does not.
And Vaapad shares NONE of Juyo's weaknesses.

ozz81
Originally posted by juyomaster34
They are more than just mental forms .
Both are still very dangerous.
Juyo has its own techniques,so does Vaapad.
Opposites of same the coin Juyo is within Vaapad is without.
Both feed on the dark side,but only one can create a superconducting loop.

Both Forms empower the user,yes only one doesn't let the dark side touch you.
Both requires mastery of control and not the loss of it.
Vaapad,to Mace and his fellow Jedi Master Depa Billaba is more than just a light saber style,its
a state of mind.
I guess what I'm trying to say is No two masters or practitioners weild Juyo the same way.The same could be said about Vaapad. Disney canon is confused on Form VII practitioners anyway.

Depa was a master of Vaapad.
If her base style was Soresu, then Soresu's defense is most definitely tied in with her mastery,well submastery of her version of Vaapad.

And before I say this I know its going to be an agrument and debate.
So how many blades do you see?
The other difference between Juyo and Vaapad is Vaapad has defense and Juyo does not.
And Vaapad shares NONE of Juyo's weaknesses.

Cool like how you said it, but do the Sith learn both Vaapad and Juyo or just Juyo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.