The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Take to the skies and discover the origins of Hyrule In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, reborn on #NintendoSwitch​! Draw your sword in this high-flying adventure with Joy-Con controllers or the newly added button-only controls.

Available July 16. Pre-order today! https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-switch/

X27t1VEU4d0

ares834
The absolute worst mainline Zelda game. Disappointing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
The absolute worst mainline Zelda game. Disappointing. Yeah I wouldn't have minded as much if it was like Super Mario 3D All-Stars where it's 3-4 extra games.

Smasandian
I hated this game with a passion. I couldn't even get past the first dungeon.

It is the worst Zelda game...but I would argue one of the worst that year (compared to similar games made by legit developers).

It wasn't just the annoying Wii controls...but the game treated you like a ****ing idiot. Every single time I had to do something...that stupid helper kept on talking to me.....like..."hi..you need to pick up 5 fruit nuts...."..."oh you picked 1 out 5 fruit nuts....".

cdtm
Nintendo continues its downward spiral into mediocrity.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I hated this game with a passion. I couldn't even get past the first dungeon.

It is the worst Zelda game...but I would argue one of the worst that year (compared to similar games made by legit developers).

It wasn't just the annoying Wii controls...but the game treated you like a ****ing idiot. Every single time I had to do something...that stupid helper kept on talking to me.....like..."hi..you need to pick up 5 fruit nuts...."..."oh you picked 1 out 5 fruit nuts....". I liked some of the story bits, game had some interesting villains, they built up Demise pretty well too.

ares834
The worst thing is I will still buy it....

**** me. I am part of the problem.

Jmanghan
Zelda is still Zelda.

Smasandian
It did sell poorly compared to other Zelda games.

ScreamPaste
You're all plebs with no coordination. I'm glad we're getting it in HD, the game deserves it, it was very pretty.

It will also give me all of the things that BotW lacked to hold me over until Zelda comes back to a more middleground between the two extremes. SS traded away openness for engagement by making every part of the overworld like an extended dungeon, and that was excellent.

Also I never wanted to go back to button controls and it was always a sore spot about BotW for me. I'm stoked to have SS back.

Jmanghan
^ Respect your opinion but you're in the minority of SS being one of the better 3D Zeldas, it's almost universally agreed upon as the worst.

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Zelda is still Zelda.

Exactly.

Mediocrity is mediocre.

Zelda is nothing more then a long running copy-paste, long since surpassed by many other games.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Jmanghan
^ Respect your opinion but you're in the minority of SS being one of the better 3D Zeldas, it's almost universally agreed upon as the worst. It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did.

It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one.Originally posted by cdtm
Exactly.

Mediocrity is mediocre.

Zelda is nothing more then a long running copy-paste, long since surpassed by many other games. I bet you play Fortnite.

cdtm
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did.

It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one. I bet you play Fortnite.

laughing

Even I wouldn't stoop that low to accuse anyone here of playing that.

Bad enough people play Rocket League. 😣

Trocity
laughing out loud

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did. It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one. I definitely think it's a good game, but I think it's too linear, Fi is F-A-R more annoying then Navi, there's way too much hand-holding, and the stamina meter in the game is far too punishing ESPECIALLY when compared to Breath of the Wild's stamina meter.

You can run for a collective 2 seconds before the game is like "nah, take a breather, buddy."

The game should not even have a stamina meter in the first place, and it's particularly embarrassing when compared to BoTW's meter which lets you run for quite a bit and climb f*cking mountains before noping out.

What I do like about it is the setting, music, villains, and characters. Ghirahim and Groose were awesome. Skyloft is awesome. The story is very well-done, and the Link you play as in SS is a bad-ass in ways that a lot of other Link's aren't. His staredown with Demise was sick.

Motion Control can get ****ed but I think it worked fine for this particular game.

ares834
So I just beat it and enjoyed it quite a bit. The QOL improvements were great and fixed many of my biggest issues. They make the game a hell of a lot better despite most of them being minor things like being able to make the text move faster or removing most of Fi's interruptions.

Unlike a lot of others, I never had an issues with the motion controls and didn't really have any here either. I never bothered with the non-motion control scheme so no clue how well that works.

Another thing is that I think I've come to better appreciate the more linear and concentrated design of the game. I've gotten tired of the constant deluge of open world games so it is nice to play a game with, relatively, little filler. Visually the game looks pretty good. The art style was great and because of this, like WW, it still looks good.

All in all, even with improvements, I still think it's probably the worst of the 3D Zeldas but, considering how good the rest of the franchise is, that's not a damning statement. The game is still very good.

Klaw
I've never played SS before.

But I've heard it's more linear (which is what I like).

Thinking of picking it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.