Superman/Doomsday vs Apocalypse/Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's getting the edge here? Thanos have his weapons, no power gems.

StiltmanFTW
Weapons, plural?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Weapons, plural?

He has his sword and his soup pot from EG.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Weapons, plural? Carver doesn't have time to read a seventeen page comic. You're crazy if you think he has enough time to watch teo two plus hour movies.

9jaboy
Originally posted by NemeBro
Carver doesn't have time to read a seventeen page comic. You're crazy if you think he has enough time to watch teo two plus hour movies. laughing out loud So you're saying Carver hasn't really seen Endgame? That's cruel.

carthage

Adam Grimes
Either on T1 solo.

Arachnid1
Supes solos

McNasty996
Team 1, speed kills them

KingD19
Originally posted by McNasty996
Team 1, speed kills them

Speed doesn't work on Apocalypse. He's already adapted to Quicksilver, who is by feats very much faster than Clark. As Flash is faster than Superman, and Quicksilver is waaaaaay faster than Barry.

ShadowFyre
Quicksilver is leagues faster than Clark but Clark isn't going to punch him 20 feet away, I mean he is going to land on the other side of town.

I also think T1 wins 7/10. I would like to point out that if Thanos gets a good shot in with that sword though, its a wrap for whoever gets hjt.

McNasty996
Originally posted by KingD19
Speed doesn't work on Apocalypse. He's already adapted to Quicksilver, who is by feats very much faster than Clark. As Flash is faster than Superman, and Quicksilver is waaaaaay faster than Barry.

I actually completely spaced on that. Yeah I do think Team 2 wins but it'll be rough. Apocalypse versatility will be the game changer here imo

ShadowFyre
but what Apoc did to QS wouldn't work on this team. I mean, it might slow them down for a split second (doubtful on DD) but I dknt think he is just gonna walk up and kick Supermans leg in half (I wish tho)

Apoc-defense
Thanos-offense

Those two would make a kick ass team working together

KingD19
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Quicksilver is leagues faster than Clark but Clark isn't going to punch him 20 feet away, I mean he is going to land on the other side of town.

I also think T1 wins 7/10. I would like to point out that if Thanos gets a good shot in with that sword though, its a wrap for whoever gets hjt.

That's not the point. The point is that Apocalypse has already adapted to Quicksilver's speed, meaning that he is more than fast enough to easily react to and avoid Clark's attacks, like he did with QS. He'll be doing to Supes, what Supes did to Steppenwolf.

The reason being Quicksilver is so much faster than Flash that it's ridiculous. And Flash is still a lot faster than Clark. Which means, Apocalypse won't have any problems reacting to anything Superman does.

9jaboy
Do you know how long it took for him to actually start noticing Quicksilver?
But what's he going to do against Superman , trap his leg in the mud? That wouldn't even slow him down.
That's assuming he can take more than two hits.

KingD19
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Do you know how long it took for him to actually start noticing Quicksilver?
But what's he going to do against Superman , trap his leg in the mud? That wouldn't even slow him down.
That's assuming he can take more than two hits.

I remember perfectly. Took a good while. But the thing is, he already adapted to it. He doesn't need to adapt anymore.

9jaboy
That's not the point. The point is that Apocalypse has already adapted to Quicksilver's speed, meaning that he is more than fast enough to easily react to and avoid Clark's attacks, like he did with QS. He'll be doing to Supes, what Supes did to Steppenwolf.

The reason being Quicksilver is so much faster than Flash that it's ridiculous. And Flash is still a lot faster than Clark. Which means, Apocalypse won't have any problems reacting to anything Superman does.
So Apoc is a Speedster now? Why didn't he dodge Jean's blasts? If he became that fast,They'd be too slow for him.

carthage

KingD19
So Apoc is a Speedster now? Why didn't he dodge Jean's blasts? If he became that fast,They'd be too slow for him.

He's fast enough to react to the fastest speedster in live action. Superman likes to use his speed, which is much slower than the person Apocalypse reacted to.

Blasts? You mean Jean going Phoenix and using her telekinesis, the invisible energy that just touches you without regards to speed or distance and just started ripping his armor off? Can't really dodge that.

Why did Flash get hit by an energy blast from a Parademon rifle?
Why does CW Flash constantly get hit by things much slower than him?
Why does FOX Quicksilver who is several thousand times faster than the speed of sound fall victim to a sonic attack?

It should never happen but stuff like that happens all the time. Call it PIS if you want. Also, maybe Apocalypse can only react to a Speedster moving at high speeds. Meaning he is still canonically able to react to speeds much higher than Superman, nullifying any speed moves he wants to use against Apocalypse, which is what I originally said.

TheVaultDweller
I remember perfectly. Took a good while. But the thing is, he already adapted to it. He doesn't need to adapt anymore.

Technically, it actually didn't. It was like 17 seconds from Quicksilver's POV IIRC. Which means it was actually within a fraction of a second in real time.

Though I don't know whether it's something he then sustains permanently or whether he has to specifically adapt to those instances whenever they happen/whenever he encounters a speedster opponent.

If it's something he has to actively focus on to do in those instances then Clark would punch his head off before he manages to adapt.

h1a8
Speed doesn't work on Apocalypse. He's already adapted to Quicksilver, who is by feats very much faster than Clark. As Flash is faster than Superman, and Quicksilver is waaaaaay faster than Barry. You are confusing Fox quicksilver with Marvel quicksilver.

That quicksilver was at least a magnitude slower.

Also, some here have argued that WW can see rifle bullets (super sonic) in slow motion and Superman statued her.

Also we see Superman and Flash moving in relation to lightning (which is 1/3rd the speed of light).

In summary

1. That quicksilver was slow
2. Superman and Flash are faster than you think

h1a8
He's fast enough to react to the fastest speedster in live action. Superman likes to use his speed, which is much slower than the person Apocalypse reacted to.

Blasts? You mean Jean going Phoenix and using her telekinesis, the invisible energy that just touches you without regards to speed or distance and just started ripping his armor off? Can't really dodge that.

Why did Flash get hit by an energy blast from a Parademon rifle?
Why does CW Flash constantly get hit by things much slower than him?
Why does FOX Quicksilver who is several thousand times faster than the speed of sound fall victim to a sonic attack?

It should never happen but stuff like that happens all the time. Call it PIS if you want. Also, maybe Apocalypse can only react to a Speedster moving at high speeds. Meaning he is still canonically able to react to speeds much higher than Superman, nullifying any speed moves he wants to use against Apocalypse, which is what I originally said.

You are making stuff up. Apocalypse didnt automatically become a speedster after than confrontation. That wasn't the writer's intention nor do we have any evidence of that being true (Apoc acted and moved slowly in all his later appearances). For your point to be valid, Apoc has to at least perform 1 speed feat afterwards, giving evidence to the writer's intention.

KingD19
Originally posted by h1a8
You are confusing Fox quicksilver with Marvel quicksilver.

That quicksilver was at least a magnitude slower.

Also, some here have argued that WW can see rifle bullets (super sonic) in slow motion and Superman statued her.

Also we see Superman and Flash moving in relation to lightning (which is 1/3rd the speed of light).

In summary

1. That quicksilver was slow
2. Superman and Flash are faster than you think

I most certainly didn't. FOX Quicksilver played by Evan Peters is the one who fought Apocalypse.

Marvel Quicksilver played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson was the one who fought the Avengers, then got killed in Sokovia.

Yes, MCU Quicksilver is relatively slow as he saw bullets in slow motion and couldn't dodge the bullets from the vulcan cannon.

FOX Quicksilver on the other hand has been calced somewhere near lightspeed and has feats that far surpass anyone in DCEU.

You wanna talk about DCEU Flash, he saw a Batarang moving across a room in a few seconds. Quicksilver had an explosion frozen in place for several minutes.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

h1a8
I most certainly didn't. FOX Quicksilver played by Evan Peters is the one who fought Apocalypse.

Marvel Quicksilver played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson was the one who fought the Avengers, then got killed in Sokovia.

Yes, MCU Quicksilver is relatively slow as he saw bullets in slow motion and couldn't dodge the bullets from the vulcan cannon.

FOX Quicksilver on the other hand has been calced somewhere near lightspeed and has feats that far surpass anyone in DCEU.

You wanna talk about DCEU Flash, he saw a Batarang moving across a room in a few seconds. Quicksilver had an explosion frozen in place for several minutes.

My mistake. You are right.

Superman only needs one hit to ko or kill Apoc. Aooc will not adapt in time. Even if he did then trying to trap Superman in the ground is meaningless.

Silent Master
Since the OP didn't specify what he means as weapons, that should mean that Thanos' spaceships count. after all. they belong to him and have weapons installed. plus they've been used in combat.

After all, you know if this was a Batman thread where he was stated to have his weapons. certain people would be arguing for the Bat-mobile and plane etc etc.

carthage
Thanos isn't needed here Apocalypse waves his hand and kills them both with telekinesis

9jaboy

Nope Wrong. Not frozen in place.

Where was he shown to be near lightspeed? Not doubting it. But I'd like to know.

9jaboy

KingD19

KingD19
Also, as Apocalypse's TK is powerful enough for him to easily create pyramids and cause earthquakes in Egypt that can be felt as far away as Germany and Poland, and his matter manipulation lets him convert a city into raw material, he should definitely be able to hurt both Clark and Doomsday as he can move millions of tons with no stress at all.

tkitna
Over 8,202 x's the speed of sound. Dang

Robtard
Apocalypse is a kinda a glass cannon here. Superman or Dooms could take him out with heat vision. Could he regenerate having his head and half his chest disintegrated? This is of course of the grounds his shields wouldn't stop the HV.

h1a8
Also, as Apocalypse's TK is powerful enough for him to easily create pyramids and cause earthquakes in Egypt that can be felt as far away as Germany and Poland, and his matter manipulation lets him convert a city into raw material, he should definitely be able to hurt both Clark and Doomsday as he can move millions of tons with no stress at all. It took him a long time to build that pyramid.

h1a8
Apoc only adapted after getting hit. Not before.
After that scene he was back to normal speed

9jaboy
Also, as Apocalypse's TK is powerful enough for him to easily create pyramids and cause earthquakes in Egypt that can be felt as far away as Germany and Poland, and his matter manipulation lets him convert a city into raw material, he should definitely be able to hurt both Clark and Doomsday as he can move millions of tons with no stress at all.
I seem to have gotten myself a bit of an X-Men freak.
Okay let's do this.
Lemme start with a question
What's the speed of lightning?

KingD19
I seem to have gotten myself a bit of an X-Men freak.
Okay let's do this.
Lemme start with a question
What's the speed of lightning?

Seems I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why is lightning being brought up? Lightning isn't involved in this conversation as the only "lightning" Flash interacts with is the electricity he creates when running. Which has been a staple of the Flash for years.

But true lightning is around 200kmph.

Again ot doesn't really matter. The calculations are right there. But we can make it simpler. Flash saw a Batarang moving across his vision when thrown by Batman fairly quickly. It took a few seconds in Flash vision for it to pass by him and Bruce was fairly close.

During the white house kitchen scene before his upgrade, it took 2 minutes for bullets to cross from one side of the kitchen to impacting the door where Xavier and Magneto had been before Quicksilver moved them.

So who's faster? The guy who watches a batarang slowly fly past him? Or the guy who had 2 minutes to jog around a kitchen and moved so fast that things only got affected when he stopped running and time continued for everyone else?

Like you could still see Bruce moving fairly slowly in Flash's perception but the people around Quicksilver are frozen solid.

Its not a hard thing to figure out. Quicksilver>>>>>>>Flash>Superman.

9jaboy
Seems I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why is lightning being brought up? Lightning isn't involved in this conversation as the only "lightning" Flash interacts with is the electricity he creates when running. Which has been a staple of the Flash for years.

But true lightning is around 200kmph.

Again ot doesn't really matter. The calculations are right there. But we can make it simpler. Flash saw a Batarang moving across his vision when thrown by Batman fairly quickly. It took a few seconds in Flash vision for it to pass by him and Bruce was fairly close.

During the white house kitchen scene before his upgrade, it took 2 minutes for bullets to cross from one side of the kitchen to impacting the door where Xavier and Magneto had been before Quicksilver moved them.

So who's faster? The guy who watches a batarang slowly fly past him? Or the guy who had 2 minutes to jog around a kitchen and moved so fast that things only got affected when he stopped running and time continued for everyone else?

Like you could still see Bruce moving fairly slowly in Flash's perception but the people around Quicksilver are frozen solid.

Its not a hard thing to figure out. Quicksilver>>>>>>>Flash>Superman.
Flash moved faster than the batarang scene , when he fought Superman and statued even Wonderwoman who is fast herself.
You know this.
Wonderwoman is fast enough to see and block bullets but she was unaware of Flash and Supes' entire fight , that is akin to moving at superspeed when bullets/explosions are paused.

The lightning flash generates was slowed down as well comparing to Storm's lightning moving slowly when Quicksilver was trying to attack Jean.
They are definitely in the same speed range.
It took Apoc about a long while to stop Qs with mud(lol) after Qs' several punches and even joking around,. With Superman here , only one punch is needed and his head will be splattered all over the place.
Superman can take this team by himself easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.