The Secrets of the Sith (2021)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
https://i.ibb.co/drNTm64/secrets-of-the-sith-cover-9452772.jpg

Release date slated for August, 2021.

Could be interesting...

Total Warrior
Could definitely be interesting. Learning from Sidious himself is such a great honor

Eli Vanto
Canon version of Book of the Sith it sounds like.

Should be a fun read. May also expand on the essence transfer ability that's been heavily debated. Along with Snoke.

ozz81
Awesome Galan reckon it will mention the powers and abilities of each sith and their rank etc ?

xPRIMEx
This looks interesting I might have to buy

Stealth Moose
Oh cool, Nu Canon with an unreliable narrator.

I can't wait.

Galan007
^ That's the only real 'problem' with this guide. Palpatine is the storyteller, which effectively makes most of the information provided... dubious.

Zenwolf
I'm curious...

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Galan007
^ That's the only real 'problem' with this guide. Palpatine is the storyteller, which effectively makes most of the information provided... dubious.

SW has a long history of in-universe sources for things like encyclopedias and such. It's been a point of contention on this very sub-forum because of absolute quotes taken absolutely when they're presented from in-universe, fallible, and possibly biased sources.

This book is likely to add to the fire, but since Disney canon is a mess anyways, who cares?

Galan007
A few preview pages:
https://i.ibb.co/hFML9HT/secrets-of-the-sith-spread-1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/s3bdb46/secrets-of-the-sith-spread-2.jpg

Also sounds like the release date has been pushed back to October 5th.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Galan007
There are a handful of preview pages floating around, but that's all I personally know of.

ozz81
Awsome Galan when does it come out exactly?

Galan007
October 5th.

ozz81
October 5th.

Great awesome! Sorry i take it its Cannon?

qwertyuiop1998
The book is definitely canon. But the content of it is questionable since it is written by Palpatine

juggernaut74
Palpatine seemed like a trustworthy guy.

Total Warrior

ozz81
where would you recommend the best place to buy it from ? Amazon etc?

juggernaut74
Most people are going to download it illegally here including the mods.

Me? I go through Amazon.

Tzeentch
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT ABOUT MY HECKIN PRIMARY SOURCERINOS??

WHY ISNT DISNEY CATERING TO ME, THE VS THREAD DEBATE TURBO-AUTIST? THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

ares834
You seem to have forgotten to post a wojak.

juggernaut74
So when this book comes out are we going to accept the statements as canon facts or are we going to take them with a grain of salt?

Galan007
As with any material written by characters from an in-universe POV, much of the content presented here should be taken with a grain of salt, imo... Especially since Palpatine is the storyteller, and he isn't the most reliable of narrators.

That being said, I do think at least *some* of the information provided will be factual.

juggernaut74
I can almost guarantee people are going to be citing quotes from this book in debates as canon facts.

NewGuy01
what debates? who's debating this shit?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^ Who dis

NewGuy01
a new guy.

ozz81
is this now being released on the 12th of october ?

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by ozz81
is this now being released on the 12th of october ?
Yep! Next week.

The_Tempest
Got my hands on a copy of the book. A few months back, we had a discussion about whether Snoke hails from Sheev's genes and whether Snoke was strong enough to serve as a vessel for Sheev's powers.

The recent StarWars.com Contingency article and the Secrets of the Sith confirm Snoke (1) is a Sheev duplicate and (2) is too weak to serve as a receptacle for Sheev.

https://i.ibb.co/DVwW96G/secrets-of-sith-snoke-unworthy-1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/z2bMn51/secrets-of-sith-snoke-unworthy-2.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/86bcHg8/star-wars-databank-snoke-1.png
infiniti g37 0 60 time

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Got my hands on a copy of the book. A few months back, we had a discussion about whether Snoke hails from Sheev's genes and whether Snoke was strong enough to serve as a vessel for Sheev's powers.

The recent StarWars.com Contingency article and the Secrets of the Sith confirm Snoke (1) is a Sheev duplicate and (2) is too weak to serve as a receptacle for Sheev.

https://i.ibb.co/DVwW96G/secrets-of-sith-snoke-unworthy-1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/z2bMn51/secrets-of-sith-snoke-unworthy-2.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/86bcHg8/star-wars-databank-snoke-1.png
infiniti g37 0 60 time Thank you for posting. thumb up

Makes it abundantly clear that Snoke's defective vessel could not contain Palpatine's power... But I still have to wonder how powerful Snoke actually was?

Galan007

xPRIMEx
Tempest is... Unnatural. thumb up
Is it possible to learn this power?

Eli Vanto
Not from a jew.

Sheev
Thank you for posting. thumb up

Makes it abundantly clear that Snoke's defective vessel could not contain Palpatine's power... But I still have to wonder how powerful Snoke actually was? That's the real question isn't it?

According to those images, Sidious still considered Snoke to be a "powerful puppet" and allowed him to rule in his stead.

For all we know Snoke could have been 90% of Sidious. Extremely close to his level, but not quite strong enough to contain all of his power.

Galan007
Snoke was indeed powerful, but he most definitely wasn't that close to RoS Palpatine's level, imo.

When Kylo first encountered Palpatine(who was still in his rotting clone vessel), he was borderline awestruck by his power and commented that it was beyond anything he'd ever sensed before... Which automatically scales pre-dyad!Palpatine well above the likes of Snoke and ST Luke(both of whom Kylo had obviously sensed as well.) This is important, because in Skywalker: A Family At War it is stated that Palpatine was "dying and weak" at the time.

Moreover, pretty much all material paints the picture that ST Luke was above Snoke as well.

So the scaling should be:
Post-dyad/revivified Palpatine >> pre-dyad/weakened Palpatine >> ST Luke > Snoke.

I'm still curious when Palpatine acquired the essences of all the Sith, though..? Hoping that side of things will be fleshed out at some point. /shrug

xPRIMEx

The_Tempest

Galan007
I, being a mere mortal, will not have my copy until Tuesday.

That being said, does the book allude to when Palpatine wrote it? Like, did he write the entire thing during his time in solitude on Exegol, or is it presumed that it was more of a journalistic text that was written at various points throughout his life?

I ask, because the section you posted certainly implies that he hadn't yet acquired the power/essences of all the Sith at the time he wrote that particular passage.

The_Tempest

Eli Vanto
Well if that's the case then I guess Sidious didn't have the power of all the sith during TROS.

Unless absorbing the dyad gave him insta-access to all that power.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Well if that's the case then I guess Sidious didn't have the power of all the sith during TROS.

Unless absorbing the dyad gave him insta-access to all that power. Palpatine evidently had not yet acquired the power/essences of all the Sith prior to the final confrontation with Rey and Ben, as according to that passage(which was apparently written during the events of RoS), there were still Sith spirits on Moraband that were calling to him.

That said, Rey was able to "insta-access" the power of all the Jedi in her time of need, by simply opening herself up to the Force... So I suppose a similar feat(albeit on the opposite side of the spectrum) might be in the realm of possibility for Palpatine as well. /shrug

Zenwolf
I feel like there's more contradictions within SW now than there was in the past. They can't seem to keep things straight as new material gets released..

Sheev
Nah, Legends had an abundance of contradictions also.

It's just that in Legends most of those contradictions didn't occur on the g-canon level, so they were easy enough to ignore or downgrade when they popped up.

But in new canon, all media is effectively g-canon. So when contradictions like this inevitably occur it creates more of a guessing game.

The_Tempest
Snapped off screenies of the book and dropped them in an album.

Merry Christmas, folks.

https://imgur.com/a/HWsTSto

Darth Thor

Merry Christmas, folks.

"Using Snoke as my proxy I reached into the boy's mind" - confirmation it was Sidious all along talking to Ben/Kylo.

In fact anything Snoke did could have actually been Palpatine.

Which means even IF Luke thought Snoke was Palpatine's equal, that could just be because he witnessed feats from Palpatine thinking that was all Snoke.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Seems to move forward every year hmm.

Zenwolf

Galan007

Merry Christmas, folks.

https://imgur.com/a/HWsTSto Jfc. Thanks for this!

Kinda pissed that I bought it now, but here we are...

Originally posted by Darth Thor
"Using Snoke as my proxy I reached into the boy's mind" - confirmation it was Sidious all along talking to Ben/Kylo.

In fact anything Snoke did could have actually been Palpatine.

Which means even IF Luke thought Snoke was Palpatine's equal, that could just be because he witnessed feats from Palpatine thinking that was all Snoke. Palpatine was indeed using Snoke as a puppet/proxy to seduce Kylo to the dark side(we've known this for some time now), but Snoke's displays of raw power and such should have still been his own, as he was still a sentient/independent being.

Seems like Palpatine's influence over Snoke was more on the TP side of things.

Darth Thor

Palpatine was indeed using Snoke as a puppet/proxy to seduce Kylo to the dark side(we've known this for some time now), but Snoke's displays of raw power and such should have still been his own, as he was still a sentient/independent being.

Seems like Palpatine's influence over Snoke was more on the TP side of things.

Just confirms it, as the whole independent being could still apply to Snoke's TP communications with Kylo.

Yeah I mean there's the visibly obvious, like Lightning coming from Snoke's fingers, or Snoke raising his hand to choke Rey. That's obviously all Snoke.

Point being though, Palpatine was hiding his existence and acting via Snoke as a proxy. So for any huge displays of power where the source isn't so obvious or confirmed, but everyone just thinks/assume it was Snoke, there's literally no way to know what exactly was done by Snoke himself and what was done by Palpatine. And there's no reason to think Luke would know either. As he only suspected Palpatine was still alive, but didn't know for sure.

In fact maybe part of the reason he suspected Palpatine was still alive was because Snoke's power seemed so familiar to him.

xPRIMEx

Merry Christmas, folks.

Nice, thanks! My books coming tomorrow but I cant help myself Im gonna take a look haha

xPRIMEx

Merry Christmas, folks.

If you have a chance could you post the rest of the page with the Dark Disciples on it? And if there’s any others as well, it looked like there were some gaps.

Darth Thor
"And Kylo Ren is too torn between the dark and the light to pose a threat to my reign. The menace of the Skywalker bloodline is no longer a concern. Only the scavenger, Rey, exhibits the potential to prove my equal in the Force."

xPRIMEx
"And Kylo Ren is too torn between the dark and the light to pose a threat to my reign. The menace of the Skywalker bloodline is no longer a concern. Only the scavenger, Rey, exhibits the potential to prove my equal in the Force."
Explains why he chose Rey as a vessel instead of Kylo.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

ozz81
Can this be bought in digital format? I ordered the hard copy but sadly i wont be able to get it till november the 18th

qwertyuiop1998
Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format

Darth Thor

Galan007
One thing I found noteworthy is that Palpatine considered Luke to be such a potential rival that most of his post-RotJ machinations(from the creation of Snoke, to painstakingly attempting to create a suitable host, to creating the First Order, to creating the Sith Fleet/Final Order, etc.) seemed to be put in place because of the threat Luke posed:

" exile allowed me to set in motion the plans for my return. Yet, if not for Luke Skywalker, perhaps none of my efforts would have been necessary."

Anyway, this was a fun read. Lots of interesting little tidbits, and top-notch artwork. thumb up

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format I skimmed through the album Tempest posted, and nearly everything seems to be there.

I can upload anything that might've slipped through the cracks later this week.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
Luke should be Palpatines rival regardless. Bar that whole I Am All The Sith power up.

qwertyuiop1998

I skimmed through the album Tempest posted, and nearly everything seems to be there.

I can upload anything that might've slipped through the cracks later this week.
Thank you Galan and Tempest.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Lord Stark
Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat.

Total Warrior

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

The_Tempest

The_Tempest
should be *dookusheev does know about vod and lists him"***

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat. Yes imo.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Zenwolf
So does this book have anything NEW? Cause what I'm getting from it, it's just rehashing stuff that we kinda already knew about.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
should be *dookusheev does know about vod and lists him"***

Or Ventress could be > Vos despite the latter defeating Dooku. Such is canon powerscaling written by Christie Golden.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Or Ventress could be > Vos despite the latter defeating Dooku. Such is canon powerscaling written by Christie Golden.
Vos gave Ventress a beatdown at one point too, as I recall.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Nah.

Galan007
Originally posted by ozz81
Can this be bought in digital format? I ordered the hard copy but sadly i wont be able to get it till november the 18th Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format So yeah, pretty much all the content from this guide was posted by Tempest here. That said, I still went ahead and uploaded the entire thing from front to back, just in case anything slipped through the cracks.

Secrets of the Sith (2021):
https://imgur.com/a/SrjISaX

**Backup link/album:
https://ibb.co/album/0VhD1y

Darth Thor
Oh confirmation that Snoke wasn't powerful enough to act as Palpatine's host:

"Although his body proved unworthy of containing my dark essence, Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

And:

"Snoke was a temporary measure at best. My faithful followers in the Unknown Regions still sought to produce a body worthy of my infinite might."

The_Tempest
So yeah, pretty much all the content from this guide was posted by Tempest here. That said, I still went ahead and uploaded the entire thing from front to back, just in case anything slipped through the cracks.

**Backup link/album:

appreciate you taking the time to diligently scan these things more carefully than I

Oh confirmation that Snoke wasn't powerful enough to act as Palpatine's host:

"Although his body proved unworthy of containing my dark essence, Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

And:

"Snoke was a temporary measure at best. My faithful followers in the Unknown Regions still sought to produce a body worthy of my infinite might."

ya, posted those scans earlier in the thread.

this is additional affirmation that the interpretation of the secrets of the jedi quote about snoke being ~ sheev is incorrect.

we have multiple sources that suggest sheev is weaker than he's ever been after his defeat at endor and only returns to full power after slurping down that sweet dyad juice from rey and ben.

snoke, for all his power, was never at any point a credible match for his imperial majesty. sheev is supreme, forever and always. <3

Total Warrior

Darth Thor
appreciate you taking the time to diligently scan these things more carefully than I

ya, posted those scans earlier in the thread.

this is additional affirmation that the interpretation of the secrets of the jedi quote about snoke being ~ sheev is incorrect.

we have multiple sources that suggest sheev is weaker than he's ever been after his defeat at endor and only returns to full power after slurping down that sweet dyad juice from rey and ben.

snoke, for all his power, was never at any point a credible match for his imperial majesty. sheev is supreme, forever and always. <3

So given Luke didn't know Sheev was alive, he had to assume every dark side power being used to take over the Galaxy was being done by Snoke. Hence he massively overestimated Snoke's power in the dark side.

Even Leia says in TFA that it was Snoke who turned Ben to the dark side. But we know now it was Sheev all along.

Galan007
The RoS VD implies that Luke at least suspected Palpatine was still alive:
"Six years after the tragedy that befell this family, Calrissian served as a partner and guide to Luke Skywalker as the Jedi Master searched for clues to a growing darkness he detected in the Force... Whispers spoke of a resurgent enemy from the past."

But yeah, there is certainly no indication that Luke was aware of Snoke being puppeteered by Palpatine all along.

Though I do want to reiterate that Snoke was still an independent being, with his own personal power and connection to the Force -- as Palpatine himself notes in this guide:
"Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

So the power Luke sensed from Snoke was still Snoke's alone.

However, Snoke's power was still inferior to the power that Palpatine possessed in his rotting/weakened clone body, as Kylo noted in the novelization:
"But the Force itself belied any perception of frailty because a cloud of darkness and need swelled from the creature, along with power like Kylo had never before encountered. It was exhilarating."

So any way you slice it, RoS Palpatine > Snoke.

Darth Thor
Oh also this makes much more sense out of TRoS. Palpatine telling Kylo to kill Rey doesnt seem so retarded now.

Sheev
So yeah, pretty much all the content from this guide was posted by Tempest here. That said, I still went ahead and uploaded the entire thing from front to back, just in case anything slipped through the cracks.

**Backup link/album:
https://ibb.co/album/0VhD1y Thanks to Tempest and galan for uploading this! big grin

Oh also this makes much more sense out of TRoS. Palpatine telling Kylo to kill Rey doesnt seem so retarded now. How so?

Without Rey in the equation, Sidious wouldnt have been able to absorb the dyad energy and return to his full power..Or transfer his essence into Rey.

Eli Vanto
Ya, thanks indeed guys.

I like that this book talks about events from all the various media sources- the Aeon Engine from the video game lore, Lord Momin from the comics, TWBW from the animated lore, and of course events from the movies. Just a cool nod to remind us that everything is connected.

I thought it was curious that Sidious commented that dyad users could pass objects through space and TIME. The time element was never shown in TROS. confused

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
Without Rey in the equation, Sidious wouldnt have been able to absorb the dyad energy and return to his full power..Or transfer his essence into Rey.

Kylo was not strong enough because he was always stuck between the light and the dark. If Kylo killed Rey it would have proven him strong, but Palpatine didnt think he would.

qwertyuiop1998

**Backup link/album:
Much appreciated!!!

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat. After reading Dooku's entry Palpatine was worried Dooku would "claim my power". Not sure if he meant force power or political power.

But worried none the less.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
After reading Dooku's entry Palpatine was worried Dooku would "claim my power". Not sure if he meant force power or political power.

But worried none the less.

Dooku knew he couldnt do it alone which is why he was always taking on a new apprentice.

That said, given how OP Palpatine turned out to be, I doubt even Dooku and Vos could have done it.

Palpatines bloodline is pretty much on par with (or only surpassed by) a Skywalkers now post TRoS.

Sheev
Kylo was not strong enough because he was always stuck between the light and the dark. If Kylo killed Rey it would have proven him strong, but Palpatine didnt think he would. I still don't understand, because it seems like Sidious could only transfer his spirit into Rey. So if Kylo would have actually killed her, like Sidious originally requested, I'm unsure how he would have restored his full might? Still not quite making sense to me.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
After reading Dooku's entry Palpatine was worried Dooku would "claim my power". Not sure if he meant force power or political power.

But worried none the less. He considered Maul and Savage to be rivals as well, even though they were completely insignificant when he faced them one on one. I'd imagine it was the same kind of thing with Dooku- when teamed up with a powerful apprentice, like Ventress, he was also a potential rival..even though they would have been slaughtered by Sidious in a direct confrontation.

Sidious didn't want anyone to exist who could even remotely challenge his rule. Especially when his plans were so close to being complete.

Palpatines bloodline is pretty much on par with (or only surpassed by) a Skywalkers now post TRoS. That definitely seems to be the intent. If the Skywalker bloodline surpasses Sidious's bloodline, it definitely isn't by much.

Darth Thor
I still don't understand, because it seems like Sidious could only transfer his spirit into Rey. So if Kylo would have actually killed her, like Sidious originally requested, I'm unsure how he would have restored his full might? Still not quite making sense to me.

He seems to be fine with that scenario.

So either that would make Kylo strong enough to be a host (assuming he eliminated all conflict), or hed be happy keeping Kylo as an apprentice in that scenario and find another body to transfer his spirit to.

Im guessing the former.

Sheev
I still question whether or not Sidious was capable of transferring his spirit into bodies that weren't connected to his own bloodline in some way.

Darth Thor
I still question whether or not Sidious was capable of transferring his spirit into bodies that weren't connected to his own bloodline in some way.

That doesn't seem to be the issue.

"Studying his methods, I learned how to transfer my own consciousness, through the Force, from one moral vessel to another."

^ Now it's made clear plenty of times that the host vessel has to be powerful enough to contain his spirit, but not mentioned anywhere about genetics being an issue. Which makes sense, because if it was simply about genetics he could have just possessed Rey's Father years earlier.

Darth Thor

"Studying his methods, I learned how to transfer my own consciousness, through the Force, from one moral vessel to another."

Mortal* vessel.

xPRIMEx

Sheev
Also noticed that Sidious heavily implies here that even in canon he killed Plagueis right around the time of TPM-
https://i.imgur.com/uDAKBjR.jpg

Which means that Sidious already had two living apprentices (Maul and Dooku), while he was technically still the apprentice of Plagueis.

juggernaut74
Dooku as Tyrannus hired the Pikes to kill Sifo Dyas also which would have been before the Phantom Menace.

Sheev
Yeah that's what I mean.

Even in canon Dooku and Maul were both apprentices to Sidious at the same time that Sidious was still apprentice to Plagueis.

Think it's funny that Sidious acted like the Rule of Two was gospel, even though he was breaking that rule from the start.

Eli Vanto
Pretty interesting that Sidious was able to take on 2 apprentices without Plagueis ever becoming aware.

Does make you wonder what Bane himself would have thought about Sidious's breach of the rule of two??

Total Warrior
Wasn't dooku recruited after QUi Gon's death?

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Wasn't dooku recruited after QUi Gon's death?

Not in Canon. Master & Apprentice heavily implies that Dooku is already Palpatine's apprentice about 8 years before The Phantom Menace.

ozz81
Also another thing wasnt sure about in the book is Rey considered equal to Sids or more powerful? Because i think he was sort of mentions it towards the end. because obviously they share the same blood.

Also no mention is made of the Son from mortif family etc.. i take it Sids will be on parr with the Son or less?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Not in Canon. Master & Apprentice heavily implies that Dooku is already Palpatine's apprentice about 8 years before The Phantom Menace.

Plus was confirmed in commentary for TCW Season 6. With Dooku killing Sifo Dyas whilst Valorum was still Chancellor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.