Ronnie Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
everyone agrees supes is #1 in dc, unquestionably. #2 is a better question. how does ronnie fare against the other near-top dogs in dc? he battles each 10 times, all to a ko. deserted city setting, 5km sq. how many out of 10 does he take from each?

1. wonder woman
2. j'onn
3. hal
4. shazam/billy
5. supergirl
6. orion

Philosophía
1. wonder woman - Funnily enough, he'd take almost every fight -- if not for the lasso. That's something he can't escape due to intangibility, since it ensnares souls and such. Remove the lasso, and he'd eventually put her down with energy projection/intangibility. The lasso is essentially a 10/10 for Diana assuming it works and it's not just a glorified rope while without it FS'd probably beat her 10/10, which is kind of funny.

2. j'onn - a much harder match-up for him. J'onn can probably take him with TP in almost every match that does not involve fire . I'd say J'onn 7/10 at least.

3. hal - I'd say Hal pretty much all matches. He has a counter for everything.

4. shazam/billy - Hm, this is pretty interesting. Lightning/magic would be pretty decisive in countering intangibility and speed to do so before he manages to do it. It has affected Deadman. But if that wouldn't work, it'd just be a matter of fs hitting him until he falls. it wouldn't be the first time firestorm beats a marvel character heh.

5. supergirl - can he make kryptonite? assuming he can get off intangibility, supergirl can go intangible, too Assuming he manages to go intangible and she doesn't blitz him, he'd be able to spam red sun/kryptonite/bombs for the KO. But that pesky speed as always is a deal breaker imo. Supergirl doesn't have the HV/Speed/Voice etc. raw power and versatility of her cousin which makes her a bit of an underdog otherwise. She's closer to Gladiator or Power Girl in terms of versatility which is...not good to be against Firestorm.

6. orion - ronnie has outperformed him pretty badly when they met. the motherbox and astro force should be able to pull something here theoretically, but it's very feasible ronnie could take him.

leonidas
nice. thumb up

i agree with most of that. i'd give jonn a sweep i think because of the tp. fs's showings v tp are...not good. i'd give fs a few against hal--maybe 3-just based on output. hal has higher highs, obviously, but if we look at standard depictions, i don't think it's unreasonable to say fs could take him for a couple. the shazam match was the most interesting to me too. really unsure about that one. i wanted to say split, just because i didn't know what else to say. lol

i'd give him 6-7 against kara and orion. though this new orion should maybe kill him.... no expression

stick out tongue

oh, did anything come from the terrible revelation in doomsday clock regarding ronnie's origin? can't believe they tried to paint stein as a...villain? wondered if that avenue was ever followed up on.

Galan007
1. Dianna more times than not due to lasso shenanigans.
2. J'onn more times than not due to TP shenanigans.
3. Hal, solidly.
4. FS, unless Billy blitzes at the onset.
5. FS, unless Supergirl blitzes at the onset.
6. FS.

Philosophía
Leave it to Galan to essentially tl;dr my own responses.

Galan007
Yw. smile

DarkSaint85
Strange that Flash wasn't part of the list.

Even though Wally was specifically tapped to be the saviour of the Multiverse mad

leonidas
that's because fs beats wally 100/100. everyone knows that so there was no point adding him. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I'm not sure.

Ronnie has to run, does he not??

leonidas
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
everyone agrees supes is #1 in dc, unquestionably. #2 is a better question. how does ronnie fare against the other near-top dogs in dc? he battles each 10 times, all to a ko. deserted city setting, 5km sq. how many out of 10 does he take from each?

1. wonder woman
2. j'onn
3. hal
4. shazam/billy
5. supergirl
6. orion
1. Turned into salt
2. Turned into salt
3. Turned into salt
4. Turned into salt
5. Turned into salt
6. Turned into salt

There you go thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.