Dr. Strange vs. Avengers&JL in mirror dimension

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
They start off in Mirror Dimension. Is this completely one sided either way? Will changing the terrain even really slow beings like Clark and Thor down?

Classic Avengers
JL including Clark

Strange has full knowledge of his opponents. No prep. They know who Strange is but not where he is at (no initial blitzing)

TheVaultDweller
I don't recall any sorcerers warping time inside the Mirror Dimension, so Superman should still be way faster than him. As such, I'm inclined to back the team.

Though all Strange really has to do is leave and his opponents would be trapped there permanently. The only MCU character who actually has the onscreen feats to suggest he could escape the Mirror Dimension is Ghost Rider from AoS, who can create portals that look identical to those of the sorcerers and has used them to travel between dimensions before, but he's not here. Even current Wanda doesn't have clear cut dimension traveling feats.

But yeah, assuming everyone is fighting to their full potential, Clark could get to him before that happens.

ShadowFyre
Also, they have no idea what the mirror dimension is.

After what you said in the other thread it got me wondering how Superman and Thor would fare in it. Godzillas size would hurt him here because he could not avoid getting thrown around.

TheVaultDweller
Well, assuming Dr Strange has developed the same proficiency as the Ancient One and Kaecilius at manipulating that dimension, he could squash them between skyscrapers and such, but I don't think that will kill either of them. The Hulk also survived getting smashed down a skyscraper in AoU and getting kicked through buildings during his fight with Abomination. But it might slow them down long enough for him to get the fuk out of there, leaving them trapped inside though. But the lower tier Avengers would all get murdered under those circumstances IMO.

TheVaultDweller
It does need to be pointed out that although Dr Strange definitely can shunt others into the Mirror Dimension, we have yet to see him actually manipulate it like the Ancient One and Kaecilius did onscreen. So, it's a legitimate question whether he actually could do so. He should have the knowledge, considering he read the information from the missing pages he used the Time Stone to restore from the one book, but knowledge and practice are two very different things.

I'd argue that, based on actual feats, it would be worse fighting him inside his Sanctum where he can casually teleport people around, effortlessly transmute objects and such.

Surtur
Superman is quick enough to rip his head off before he blinks.

KingD19
Could Superman actually do that though? Godzilla is insanely tough and strong relative to his size and hasn't sustained any actual injuries from even other creatures similarly big and strong anywhere near even losing a body part.

9jaboy
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It does need to be pointed out that although Dr Strange definitely can shunt others into the Mirror Dimension, we have yet to see him actually manipulate it like the Ancient One and Kaecilius did onscreen. So, it's a legitimate question whether he actually could do so. He should have the knowledge, considering he read the information from the missing pages he used the Time Stone to restore from the one book, but knowledge and practice are two very different things.

I'd argue that, based on actual feats, it would be worse fighting him inside his Sanctum where he can casually teleport people around, effortlessly transmute objects and such.

I really liked Ancient One.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by KingD19
Could Superman actually do that though? Godzilla is insanely tough and strong relative to his size and hasn't sustained any actual injuries from even other creatures similarly big and strong anywhere near even losing a body part.

He is talking about Strange. Why I hid Strange.
Either way, this is basically what I thought as well, was just curious to what others thought he would be capable of in the mirror dimension

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.