People who are anti-work want you to do all the work while they benefit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Anti-workers believe work should not have to be done and people should be free to live their lives.

What they don't tell you is that someone has to do work in order for society to function: food, products, services.

So what they really mean is "You do all the work, while I sit down and relax all day."

Blakemore
The upper class keep all of the money and do none of the work, the middle class do all of the work, keep none of the moneys... The poor are there to scare the shit outta the middle class!

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Klaw
Anti-workers believe work should not have to be done and people should be free to live their lives.

What they don't tell you is that someone has to do work in order for society to function: food, products, services.

So what they really mean is "You do all the work, while I sit down and relax all day."

Everything is work and you don't get paid for most of it. I didn't ask to have an a**hole but it sure costs me money to wipe it.

Stealth Moose

Typically the rank and file or lower-middle class individual does the lion's share of hard/tedious/difficult work in most businesses, while the higher up it goes that's less true. From a workers' perspective, grunts do the heavy lifting and bigwigs pretend to have super-human work ethic and be self-made while benefitting from those below them.

If you're speaking about the general population, then yeah - there's plenty of lazy fools and free-loaders. Is it an economic or social crisis? Not really. A bigger issue is wealth hoarding, not hand outs for people who make barely a living wage. Every society will have people less inclined to do their part or rely on social safety nets. People abuse privileges and so on. That doesn't invalidate the need for those privileges by a greater whole. Drunk drivers are dangerous; that doesn't mean I want all driving to stop.

rudester
You sound like a capitalist pig!

Scribble

So what they really mean is "You do all the work, while I sit down and relax all day." I don't think many people think like this. The serious political left is entirely based around the fact of work, and making sure people aren't having their labour exploited.

However, automation is fast making 'work' as we see it (which is still through a Fordian lens in the West) irrelevant, and more jobs are invented to sustain the population. These jobs tend to be useless bullshit, which disincentivises people from working at all. I believe if they were doing something meaningful then there would be few people unwilling to work if they could. Either way, the Capitalist model will soon become entirely unsustainable (heavily due to automation and freedom of technology) and will eventually collapse or transform into something else, where our approach to work and labour will (have to) change.

Remember, even anarchism is based around mutual cooperation; everyone has to pull their share to keep the community sustained. Perhaps there is a certain small class of people who think they'll be the local commune spiritual guide or tea-maker instead of performing necessary labour, but very few people who are worth their salt think that "people should be free to live their lives" in such an absolute sense. Those that do have negligent influence on general discourse and ideological / social development.

Newjak
Originally posted by Scribble
I don't think many people think like this. The serious political left is entirely based around the fact of work, and making sure people aren't having their labour exploited.

However, automation is fast making 'work' as we see it (which is still through a Fordian lens in the West) irrelevant, and more jobs are invented to sustain the population. These jobs tend to be useless bullshit, which disincentivises people from working at all. I believe if they were doing something meaningful then there would be few people unwilling to work if they could. Either way, the Capitalist model will soon become entirely unsustainable (heavily due to automation and freedom of technology) and will eventually collapse or transform into something else, where our approach to work and labour will (have to) change.

Remember, even anarchism is based around mutual cooperation; everyone has to pull their share to keep the community sustained. Perhaps there is a certain small class of people who think they'll be the local commune spiritual guide or tea-maker instead of performing necessary labour, but very few people who are worth their salt think that "people should be free to live their lives" in such an absolute sense. Those that do have negligent influence on general discourse and ideological / social development. ^^^This.

I was going to mention automation as well and how we may already be artificially creating jobs now just to sustain a model that probably is old and outdated.

Also how many of the 'non-workers' aren't necessarily asking to not work. They just want to make sure the work they get will actually sustain their lives and it's not just feeding into the corporate machine while they struggle to barely survive.

Gods Reckoning
Leftists are all anti work. It's why they hate the bible. Nothing worked hard to build the Ark. Non Christians don't work hard. Muslims are very lazy.

Blakemore
Noah was a mistranslated story of a flood in mesopotamia over 6,000 years ago.. to think the entire Earth flooded defies physics! How can anyone think something so dumb 😂

Darth Thor
Who the heck are these anti-workers ?

Klaw
There's a subreddit I saw about it.

r/antiwork

Jmanghan
who is actually anti-work?

even people who make money from the state accept on some level that getting paid means you should be doing hard work of some sort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.