Wanda vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

9jaboy
Thanos has the Reality Stone.
Wanda gets all her feats from Wandavision.
Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
Wanda has way better reality warping feats than Thanos using the Reality Stone. Not to mention a lot of the effects he created were temporary and only lasted a few minutes. Plus she also has telepathy, TK strong enough to restrain him and potentially stop him from even being able to close his fist to use the Stone, and arguably even has better speed/reflex feats after being shown quick enough to catch her son by the arm while he was zipping around at super speed.

It's Wanda's fight to lose IMO.

KingD19
She does the same thing she did during Endgame. Except he doesn't have his army to interrupt her this time.

carthage
Wanda turns him into a couch

9jaboy
Originally posted by KingD19
She does the same thing she did during Endgame. Except he doesn't have his army to interrupt her this time.
Not the same way though, Thanos tried to fight her physically there. Here he won't. So not the same. Unless you meant the outcome.

KingD19
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Not the same way though, Thanos tried to fight her physically there. Here he won't. So not the same. Unless you meant the outcome.

I meant that she could envelop him in an energy wave that immobilizes him like she did before, and the gauntlet won't help because as we've seen multiple times, he has to clench his hand, gestures, etc..., do something to show he's using the gauntlet. If she keeps him still, he won't be able to use the glove.

9jaboy
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Wanda has way better reality warping feats than Thanos using the Reality Stone. Not to mention a lot of the effects he created were temporary and only lasted a few minutes. Plus she also has telepathy, TK strong enough to restrain him and potentially stop him from even being able to close his fist to use the Stone, and arguably even has better speed/reflex feats after being shown quick enough to catch her son by the arm while he was zipping around at super speed.

It's Wanda's fight to lose IMO.
They were temporary because he wanted them to be. You know that right?
As he did say "Reality can be whatever I want it to be". to gamora and friends as he manipulted that entire area in Knowhere including the collector.
While I agree Wanda has more reality warping feats, Thanos performed his with absolutely ease and in combact, skillfully against Strange,Starlord , mantis. I believe he can replicate Wanda's Reality Warps. He warped Titan pretty easily.
You're probably right about the Reflex thing. Reality gem is OP, Malekeith must be very dumb.

9jaboy
I meant that she could envelop him in an energy wave that immobilizes him like she did before, and the gauntlet won't help because as we've seen multiple times, he has to clench his hand, gestures, etc..., do something to show he's using the gauntlet. If she keeps him still, he won't be able to use the glove.
On the contrary his hands were clenched as Wanda enveloped him or maybe the energy didn't reach his fists, either way he'd be able to use the stone if she tried that.

TheVaultDweller
They were temporary because he wanted them to be. You know that right?
As he did say "Reality can be whatever I want it to be". to gamora and friends as he manipulted that entire area in Knowhere including the collector.
While I agree Wanda has more reality warping feats, Thanos performed his with absolutely ease and in combact, skillfully against Strange,Starlord , mantis. I believe he can replicate Wanda's Reality Warps. He warped Titan pretty easily.
You're probably right about the Reflex thing. Reality gem is OP, Malekeith must be very dumb.

So, it was his intent to allow Drax and Mantis to reform even though there was no benefit for him to do so at all? Even though he was willing to kill people like Loki or even Gamora herself to achieve his goals?

And he appears to have created illusions on Titan and Knowhere. If he could actually restore Titan, why wouldn't he? If he was as powerful with the Reality Stone as you claim, he could have easily restored it and then taken control of it to prevent history from repeating itself.

Wanda warped and controlled an entire town filled with thousands of people over an extended period without even knowing what she was doing, then expanded the warp's borders when she needed to (and even froze everyone inside the warp when she did it), altered and manipulated its inhabitants (multiple times, depending on which sitcom era she was in) to do what she wanted and actually created multiple superpowered beings (Tommy, Billy, a version of Vision). You are free to disagree, but I personally don't see Thanos replicating what she did based on his handful of showings.

Adam Grimes
Wanda turns him into white paint.

BruceSkywalker
Wanda turns Thanos into a huge purple dildo

TheVaultDweller
I will walk back what I said previously. Maybe Thanos did temporarily actually alter Knowhere and Titan and it wasn't just an illusion (even though I still personally doubt it), it's still not on the level of what Wanda has displayed if you consider everything I listed in my last post. IMO, Thanos would need the Mind Stone, Reality Stone and Time Stone to do what she's done.

KingD19
I will walk back what I said previously. Maybe Thanos did temporarily actually alter Knowhere and Titan and it wasn't just an illusion (even though I still personally doubt it), it's still not on the level of what Wanda has displayed if you consider everything I listed in my last post. IMO, Thanos would need the Mind Stone, Reality Stone and Time Stone to do what she's done.

I firmly believe Knowhere was an Illusion. And I believe Titan was as well for the same reasons as Knowhere. Because people and things still existed behind the veil of what he allowed you to see. It was like he just pulled back a curtain and showed the truth once the effects wore off. My assumption is that you can genuinely alter reality, but not on a grand scale without a similar sacrifice to the snap. If you want it past a certain size, it's just gonna look pretty but not function unless you do something extra. Because he did genuinely alter Drax and Mantis, but you can't compare 2 human sized beings to a Celestial or a planet.

TheVaultDweller
I firmly believe Knowhere was an Illusion. And I believe Titan was as well for the same reasons as Knowhere. Because people and things still existed behind the veil of what he allowed you to see. It was like he just pulled back a curtain and showed the truth once the effects wore off. My assumption is that you can genuinely alter reality, but not on a grand scale without a similar sacrifice to the snap. If you want it past a certain size, it's just gonna look pretty but not function unless you do something extra. Because he did genuinely alter Drax and Mantis, but you can't compare 2 human sized beings to a Celestial or a planet.

And if we assume the Titan warp was real, and that Thanos simply temporarily altered the scenery to show Dr Strange how it was in the past, then it probably didn't cover the whole planet. Wouldn't make sense making changes to areas Strange can't see if the entire point was to show Strange something.

KingD19
And if we assume the Titan warp was real, and that Thanos simply temporarily altered the scenery to show Dr Strange how it was in the past, then it probably didn't cover the whole planet. Wouldn't make sense making changes to areas Strange can't see if the entire point was to show Strange something.

Exactly. Nor would it make sense to not bring all of Titan back and show them how their ways were flawed and that he was right the entire time.

9jaboy
So, it was his intent to allow Drax and Mantis to reform even though there was no benefit for him to do so at all? Even though he was willing to kill people like Loki or even Gamora herself to achieve his goals?

And he appears to have created illusions on Titan and Knowhere. If he could actually restore Titan, why wouldn't he? If he was as powerful with the Reality Stone as you claim, he could have easily restored it and then taken control of it to prevent history from repeating itself.

Wanda warped and controlled an entire town filled with thousands of people over an extended period without even knowing what she was doing, then expanded the warp's borders when she needed to (and even froze everyone inside the warp when she did it), altered and manipulated its inhabitants (multiple times, depending on which sitcom era she was in) to do what she wanted and actually created multiple superpowered beings (Tommy, Billy, a version of Vision). You are free to disagree, but I personally don't see Thanos replicating what she did based on his handful of showings.

Well in the movies he chose not to kill a lot of people, Spiderman , Drax(in Titan) , Strange, every single person even Thor ... He killed gamora because it was absolutely necessary, Loki (dunno) probably because he was annoying or to prove a point.

With the entire Infinity stones he could have easily restored Titan as well but he didn't. He clearly had one single goal.

Maybe not mind control, But I think Thanos can accomplish the others , he created collector and warped superpowered beings in Drax and Mantis.
His showings might not be much but he warped reality easily and didn't seem to put any effort into it. His upper limits with the Reality stone can only be assumed , he wasn't close to it in Infinity War.
Freezing people(not time) shouldn't be difficult for a Reality warper me thinks.

9jaboy
I disagree ... Was altering Drax and Mantis also an Illusion? Because they returned back when Thanos left. He specifically says "Reality can be whatever I want" as he warped Knowhere.
I didn't say he warped a planet, but I don't see why not. As Malekeith was going to use it to Warp the entire frikkin Universe iirc.

riv6672
LOL. Wanda shitstomps. laughing

9jaboy

TheVaultDweller
Well in the movies he chose not to kill a lot of people, Spiderman , Drax(in Titan) , Strange, every single person even Thor ... He killed gamora because it was absolutely necessary, Loki (dunno) probably because he was annoying or to prove a point.

There's a difference between the Titan battle and Knowhere. He actually reduced those two to a state where they would have been dead if the change had been permanent. So, he'd essentially have had to intentionally make it so they'd revive and reform to fit within your argument, which seems incredibly stupid and pointless on his part. He never struck a killing blow against any of them on Titan except possibly Tony, who might have died if not for using his suit to treat the wound.

And he literally blew up the ship Thor was in with the Power Stone. It's a testament to Thor's durability that he survived an explosion powered by an Infinity Stone.

With the entire Infinity stones he could have easily restored Titan as well but he didn't. He clearly had one single goal.

Or he could have been too weak after the toll the Snap took on him to do so, especially if he was planning to remain strong enough to eventually destroy them to prevent anyone else from undoing his work.

Maybe not mind control, But I think Thanos can accomplish the others , he created collector and warped superpowered beings in Drax and Mantis.
His showings might not be much but he warped reality easily and didn't seem to put any effort into it. His upper limits with the Reality stone can only be assumed , he wasn't close to it in Infinity War.
Freezing people(not time) shouldn't be difficult for a Reality warper me thinks.

Again, that's operating under the assumption that what he did there was even real regarding the larger effects. I mean if it was so casual and potentially permanent if left as it were, why let Titan revert back to the destroyed state at all? Why revert all of Knowhere back and not just re-emerge after Gamora killed the fake him? What is the point of doing any of that? It makes no rational sense to me. Unless we assume that Thanos had extremely poor judgment in how he made use of the Reality Stone.

We don't need to assume with Wanda though. She has onscreen feats of doing all those things I listed. And she didn't just freeze people. Everything froze, including monitors, decorations that were blowing in the wind etc. which implies she froze time inside the hex before expanding it. She also seemingly rewound time during the one episode where the beekeeper appeared in the street.

So, I stick by my initial assessment. Going by what Wanda's been shown capable of and what Thanos using the Reality Stone has been capable of onscreen, Wanda should beat him IMO. It's a character with telepathy, telekinesis, reality warping and better speed and reflex feats versus a character with just reality warping which he used badly, assuming all of the feats were legit.

TheVaultDweller
And Malekith couldn't normally warp the entire universe. He had to specifically wait for the Convergence that weakened the fabric of reality to make it possible, something that in the film was stated to only happen once every 5,000 years.

9jaboy
I didn't say Thanos can replicate every single thing Wanda did like the mind control, I also didn't say that he wins... I know Wanda is more Powerful.

Also do you think her rewinding time affected the entire planet or just the town that she warped?

carver9
She creates 3 Thanos and they stomps the real Thanos to death.

TheVaultDweller
I didn't say Thanos can replicate every single thing Wanda did like the mind control, I also didn't say that he wins... I know Wanda is more Powerful.

Also do you think her rewinding time affected the entire planet or just the town that she warped?

Going by what was shown onscreen, it was just inside the Hex (which is still impressive considering it covers an entire town), as the people outside tried fleeing from it when the Hex started expanding. I wonder how far she can actually expand it though. Monica and I think Hayward speculated that she could increase it to a much larger area, but that's just their opinion, so it doesn't count for much IMO.

Wanda is actually almost too powerful now IMO. Unless the MCU as a whole gets a power amp (which is certainly possible and I'm sure a lot of fans would love) or they find a way to gimp her power level down during the finale of the show (or during the next Dr Strange film), it's going to be hard to write good stories around her. It's the same reason why characters like the Flash often have so much PIS in their stories. Because without it very few opponents would be able to stand any real chance against them.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carver9
She creates 3 Thanos and they stomps the real Thanos to death.

This actually reminded me of a thought I had before. There are a couple of MCU characters who are disproportionately durable relative to their damage output. Like if you had three Drax's beating up a fourth the fourth one would probably just be laughing while getting kicked in the face.

KingD19
This actually reminded me of a thought I had before. There are a couple of MCU characters who are disproportionately durable relative to their damage output. Like if you had three Drax's beating up a fourth the fourth one would probably just be laughing while getting kicked in the face.

They nerfed Drax really hard. And ruined a lot of his story. Bautista saved him as a character but still. Well I should say his strength and other stats were nerfed. He's decently tough even without ever having the power stone.

TheVaultDweller
They nerfed Drax really hard. And ruined a lot of his story. Bautista saved him as a character but still. Well I should say his strength and other stats were nerfed. He's decently tough even without ever having the power stone.

Yeah, he is almost exclusively used for comic relief and proved next to useless against Thanos and even Ronan. And that's pretty much what I mean. He's extremely durable relative to his other nerfed stats to the point where I sincerely doubt someone with equal strength to him would be able to come close to KO'ing him with purely H2H attacks. I mean his physical strength isn't that weak compared to the more mid-level MCU characters (he appears to be quite a bit stronger than Gamora, being able to casually pin her with one hand). But compared to the stronger MCU characters and his comic self, he's severely nerfed in that regard.

KingD19
Yeah, he is almost exclusively used for comic relief and proved next to useless against Thanos and even Ronan. And that's pretty much what I mean. He's extremely durable relative to his other nerfed stats to the point where I sincerely doubt someone with equal strength to him would be able to come close to KO'ing him with purely H2H attacks. I mean his physical strength isn't that weak compared to the more mid-level MCU characters (he appears to be quite a bit stronger than Gamora, being able to casually pin her with one hand). But compared to the stronger MCU characters and his comic self, he's severely nerfed in that regard.

Against Ronan I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was sloshed drunk, which was true. But Ronan still crumpled him into a container then tossed him one-handed into a vat of goop. But scaling to his other movies, that just makes Ronan insanely impressive in the strength department.

My issue is that yes, technically he's stronger than Gamora, but we see more strength feats from her. At least she's got the ship cannon scene. Drax does almost nothing strengthwise after the first GotG. He tears off Korath's head circuity. Pins Gamora. Rips that prison droid apart. Etc... But a guy as tough as him is muuuuch weaker than Spidey for example, when in comics, even normal Drax would outmuscle the webhead any day.

I genuinely wish the MCU could have found a way to balance good character building and storytelling combined with giving characters a comic accurate representation. Hulk has been overwhelming disappointing for example. Rarely used, and when he does show up, he's overshadowed every single time or it's made clear he's obviously not the "STRONGEST THERE IS!!"

TheVaultDweller

Sorry, misread this in an earlier post and thought you were talking about the time stop. Regarding the instance of rewinding, I still think it was only inside the Hex. She basically pressed the rewind button on the episode she was creating. It almost seems like the Hex exists within its own dimensional bubble.

TheVaultDweller
Against Ronan I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was sloshed drunk, which was true. But Ronan still crumpled him into a container then tossed him one-handed into a vat of goop. But scaling to his other movies, that just makes Ronan insanely impressive in the strength department.

My issue is that yes, technically he's stronger than Gamora, but we see more strength feats from her. At least she's got the ship cannon scene. Drax does almost nothing strengthwise after the first GotG. He tears off Korath's head circuity. Pins Gamora. Rips that prison droid apart. Etc... But a guy as tough as him is muuuuch weaker than Spidey for example, when in comics, even normal Drax would outmuscle the webhead any day.

I genuinely wish the MCU could have found a way to balance good character building and storytelling combined with giving characters a comic accurate representation. Hulk has been overwhelming disappointing for example. Rarely used, and when he does show up, he's overshadowed every single time or it's made clear he's obviously not the "STRONGEST THERE IS!!"

Yeah, you could argue that Drax's coordination and skill was affeced, but his stats would have remained the same, and Ronan beat the shit out of him while tanking his blows in return.

And the Hulk has been handled terribly for the most part. He was fairly decent in his solo film and the first Avengers movie for the most part, but kinda shit in everything else.

KingD19
Yeah, you could argue that Drax's coordination and skill was affeced, but his stats would have remained the same, and Ronan beat the shit out of him while tanking his blows in return.

And the Hulk has been handled terribly for the most part. He was fairly decent in his solo film and the first Avengers movie for the most part, but kinda shit in everything else.

True. Ronan didn't even seem annoyed(more than he normally was anyway). It was like he didn't even care that Drax was slamming him with haymakers.

Hulk's issue is that his licensing rights are so screwed up and he has so many rules on him that he doesn't get a chance to do anything. Like, I don't think he's allowed a solo movie anymore. And there's a bunch more behind the scenes stuff that basically make a blanket statement that "Hulk is there to be big and green and sometimes smash things...that's it".

Adam Grimes
Wanda turns Thanos into their butler.

9jaboy
Sorry, misread this in an earlier post and thought you were talking about the time stop. Regarding the instance of rewinding, I still think it was only inside the Hex. She basically pressed the rewind button on the episode she was creating. It almost seems like the Hex exists within its own dimensional bubble.

So it's not like she can affect time in general, like say go back to the time before Thanos killed Vision.

TheVaultDweller
So it's not like she can affect time in general, like say go back to the time before Thanos killed Vision.

I honestly have no idea. I'm mostly just speculating based on what's shown in the episodes. But if I had to guess I would say that currently, no, I don't think she can. Theoretically, she might have the power to do something along those lines. But even if she does possibly have the potential, she likely lacks the skill and experience to do so. The initial casting of the Hex on the town and recreating Vision seems to have been done more on instinct than anything else. It's only after everything was in place that she started to manipulate things more consciously. I mean she literally just found out she was using chaos magic in the last episode. It's going to be really interesting to see how she ties into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Darth Thor
You would think Wanda got her powers not just from the Time Stone, but from the Reality Stone and Time Stone too.

But I guess it has been confirmed she was already a witch before the Mine stone gave her powers

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
You would think Wanda got her powers not just from the Time Stone, but from the Reality Stone and Time Stone too.

But I guess it has been confirmed she was already a witch before the Mine stone gave her powers

I always felts like it would have been more apt had she gotten her powers from the reality stone. The color of her powers would be correct (red) and the reality warping would make sense.

Adam Grimes
Wanda turns Thanos into cheap wine.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I always felts like it would have been more apt had she gotten her powers from the reality stone. The color of her powers would be correct (red) and the reality warping would make sense.

Yeah, but seems the Mind Stone was just a catalyst in this case to awaken and amplify Wanda's natural magical abilities.

Not that the other colours make any real sense anyway. I mean Quickilver got super speed and his colour was blue, which would have made more sense if it was the Space Stone (seeing as that's its colour and it can seemingly control momentum, based on some of Thanos' feats with it). And Captain Marvel got flight, super stats and energy blasts from the Space Stone and her aura colour is yellow.

riv6672
Interesting theories and observations, TheVaultDweller!

9jaboy
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I actually thought they would have explained that She got her powers from the Reality Stone ..., Cos I always wondered that it made no sense for her to get it from the Mind stone alone.

9jaboy
I honestly have no idea. I'm mostly just speculating based on what's shown in the episodes. But if I had to guess I would say that currently, no, I don't think she can. Theoretically, she might have the power to do something along those lines. But even if she does possibly have the potential, she likely lacks the skill and experience to do so. The initial casting of the Hex on the town and recreating Vision seems to have been done more on instinct than anything else. It's only after everything was in place that she started to manipulate things more consciously. I mean she literally just found out she was using chaos magic in the last episode. It's going to be really interesting to see how she ties into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
thumb up
Yeah I'm thinking they would have to amp Strange up.

riv6672
I wonder what the next artifact(s) to be introduced will be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.