Superman Reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
Its happening and by JJ Abrams:

https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-reboot-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-with-ta-nehisi-coates-writing-j-j-abrams-producing-1234701922/amp/

Bye bye Cavill.

Oh and his Superman replacement will be black. Because, you know, thats important:

https://heroichollywood.com/jj-abrams-black-superman-warner-bros-reboot/amp/

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor
his Superman replacement will be black.

https://i.imgur.com/VyDgqkP.jpg

ares834
Better be Calvin rather than Clark then.

playa1258
WB sees the money Black Panther made and wants in.

jaden_2.0
The Daily Wire saw how much money Black Panther made and are now making White Maine Coon.

BruceSkywalker
could be an elseworlds story but who knows..

so michael b jordan wall play the character of calvin ellis

playa1258
I was hoping for Mandingo

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258
WB sees the money Black Panther made and wants in.

I really want a YouTuber to do a comedy sketch of that board meeting.

Or even a realistic sketch. The comedy would come pretty naturally.

playa1258
WB management is comedy gold. Makes you think that Disney infiltrated them and is ****ing up on purpose.

In reality they are just that incompetent.

ares834
Here is the new and, more importantly, diverse Justice League:
Calvin Ellis Superman
Nubia Wonder Woman
Tim Fox Batman
John Stewart Green Lantern
Wallace West Flash
Kaldur'ahm Aquaman

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by ares834
Here is the new and, more importantly, diverse Justice League:
Calvin Ellis Superman
Nubia Wonder Woman
Tim Fox Batman
John Stewart Green Lantern
Wallace West Flash
Kaldur'ahm Aquaman

I know it doesn't have much to do with this thread but Wallace West's reason for existing is still terrible...he's terrible. That is all.

Oh and its a shame Cavill never really got a chance to be Clark/Superman in a decent movie.

Estacado
After this we need a chinese Superman...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kong_Kenan_(Prime_Earth)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Estacado

Already had a part Asain one:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0106057/

Thing is though, they never specifically went out to cast an Asain Superman. They just found a good fit, and he happened to be mixed race.

riv6672
Hard pass on all this cuh-rap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Estacado
Already had a part Asain one:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0106057/

Thing is though, they never specifically went out to cast an Asain Superman. They just found a good fit, and he happened to be mixed race.

Not chinese enough...

Someone like Donnie Yen or Chow Yun Fat...

Surtur
Its happening and by JJ Abrams:

https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-reboot-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-with-ta-nehisi-coates-writing-j-j-abrams-producing-1234701922/amp/

Bye bye Cavill.

Oh and his Superman replacement will be black. Because, you know, thats important:

https://heroichollywood.com/jj-abrams-black-superman-warner-bros-reboot/amp/

There is a black Superman(more than one actually, none named clark kent), if they go that route it is still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering.

I feel bad for how racist and humiliating it would be if they just swapped out the skin color of an existing white character for a black actor and made him Clark. This wouldn't upset me it would be amusing. Because the racism would be heralded as good. Good racism. I would want him to win an academy award I'm not kidding. Just to see it.

Plus at this point I've given up on DC making a good Superman movie so he could be a gay asian albino for all it matters now.

Estacado
Originally posted by Surtur
There is a black Superman(more than one actually, none named clark kent), if they go that route it is still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering.

I feel bad for how racist and humiliating it would be if they just swapped out the skin color of an existing white character for a black actor and made him Clark. This wouldn't upset me it would be amusing. Because the racism would be heralded as good. Good racism. I would want him to win an academy award I'm not kidding. Just to see it.

Plus at this point I've given up on DC making a good Superman movie so he could be a gay asian albino for all it matters now.

Maybe a trans Superman next....mmm

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur

Trocity
Its interesting because something is getting lost in all this talk of diversity.

Midgets.

Seriously, though. Why not a midget batman? Do studios think people wouldn't take it seriously? If so, why does that matter?

If you want to do whats right, I think you need to make midget Batman.

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
Its interesting because something is getting lost in all this talk of diversity.

Midgets.

Seriously, though. Why not a midget batman? Do studios think people wouldn't take it seriously? If so, why does that matter?

If you want to do whats right, I think you need to make midget Batman.

No love for a 7+ foot tall Batman tho? What about the tall people?

We need a batman who can shape shift into a black albino midget or an 8 foot tall crippled asian

StiltmanFTW
Guys, guys.

Let's stay true to comics.

It's time for Batman who is a dino:

https://i0.wp.com/thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/dark-nights-death-metal-1-t-rex-batman.jpg?fit=720%2C454&ssl=1

Surtur
For real though I love Tangent Superman, gimme evil Superman with psychic powers. Harvey Dent was his name.

Well shit we can't because they'd throw a fit if the black Superman was evil. Damn.

Can we make him white?

Surtur
why not just make a frickin green lantern movie with john stewart if you need a black DC super hero movie? he's literally already black

and he's a bad ass

Ridley_Prime
lol, right? Dino Batman would be something though.

Meanwhile with what Cavill's up to now...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/henry-cavill-reportedly-cast-commander-shepard-mass-effect-movie/

I remember this diversity Superman shtick was first mentioned/rumored around the time when Cavill was first announced to play Geralt in the Witcher show, then the same thing happens again when he's announced to play another well known character. Funny deja vu.

I thought Cavill signed a contract earlier to be in more films as Superman though? Whatever the case I'd be fine with Val-Zod or Calvin for an elseworld kind of film, but not for replacing Clark. With Abrams at the helm too, not expecting too much here.

Surtur
Some folk are legit shading Cavill cuz he used to date Gina Carano.

Ridley_Prime
I saw, but doubt that is related to any of this.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I thought Cavill signed a contract earlier to be in more films as Superman though?

Well I guess hes still the DCEU Superman, so could show up elsewhere. But he obviously wont be getting another solo Superman film.

Whatever the case I'd be fine with Val-Zod or Calvin for an elseworld kind of film, but not for replacing Clark. With Abrams at the helm too, not expecting too much here.

I doubt it. They wouldnt be calling this a reboot if this was a different character.

-Pr-
If it's an alternate Superman, ie not Kal-El, then it'll be entirely up to whether the trailer looks good or not before I decide whether I want to watch it.

If it's supposed to be Kal-El... then I likely won't have any interest in it, because I don't believe for one second that Coates has any business being near a Superman story. No doubt he'll change enough that it'll be Superman in name only, and I have no interest in seeing that.

Coates and Abrams is not a dream team. It's a ****ing nightmare.

Surtur
I saw, but doubt that is related to any of this.

It kinda is, he's being shaded for not congratulating the new racist mexican supergirl

then it brought up Carano and...folk are weird

keep in mind the dude barely is on social media, but still he is evil. This is just like them going after elizabeth olsen for not publicly mourning Chadwick Boseman. As if people do not talk in private.

Kazenji

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/henry-cavill-reportedly-cast-commander-shepard-mass-effect-movie/

I wouldn't trust anything coming from that site.

Ridley_Prime
He did tease a Mass Effect project though from like his instagram.

To reiterate, I doubt the social media culture 101 has any effect on whether he remains Superman in some capacity, especially when he is barely on it as is as pointed out.

ares834
Originally posted by -Pr-

Yeah, I looked into Coates and, lol, what a dreadful choice for a writer. Dude seems borderline insane. Even fellow activists have called him out for his extreme views and for race baiting.

Kazenji
He did tease a Mass Effect project though from like his instagram.

Regardless that place is not very reliable.

Ridley_Prime
Cherrypicking.

Adam Grimes
It kinda is, he's being shaded for not congratulating the new racist mexican supergirl

then it brought up Carano and...folk are weird

keep in mind the dude barely is on social media, but still he is evil. This is just like them going after elizabeth olsen for not publicly mourning Chadwick Boseman. As if people do not talk in private. Why do you bring off topic discussion to this thread? I thought after all these years you'd be over this.

BruceSkywalker
If it's an alternate Superman, ie not Kal-El, then it'll be entirely up to whether the trailer looks good or not before I decide whether I want to watch it.

If it's supposed to be Kal-El... then I likely won't have any interest in it, because I don't believe for one second that Coates has any business being near a Superman story. No doubt he'll change enough that it'll be Superman in name only, and I have no interest in seeing that.

its calvin ellis from earth 23

Kazenji
Cherrypicking.

Far from it, We got this covered.com is as reliable as a anti vaxxer claims.

Ridley_Prime
Okay cherrypicker. smile

At any rate, concerns for how this film will be executed aside, is also too soon to try bringing in another Superman. Would be like if we got Miles Morales (and rebooted) after Peter Parker just had one film. With how experimental WB is though along with not knowing much what to do with anyone besides Batman, you get used to it. shrug

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
its calvin ellis from earth 23

I'd heard that rumoured, but is there any actual confirmation?

BruceSkywalker
I'd heard that rumoured, but is there any actual confirmation?

not really but since michael b jordan wants to bring him to life i'm just putting it all together but im sure it will become clear at some point.

Kazenji
I have no problem with them bringing any of the other version's of Superman to the screen, But "if" it is Calvin Ellis, I just feel like they're doing it because Marvel had success with Black Panther.

Surtur
because I don't believe for one second that Coates has any business being near a Superman story. No doubt he'll change enough that it'll be Superman in name only, and I have no interest in seeing that.

Yup the guy himself is sort of racist too. And if this movie isn't received well by audiences, but is lauded by critics I'm sure there will be gaslighting and blaming racism just like when people didn't like the last jedi and sexism was blamed.

Darth Thor
If this doesnt make money, WB will be totally done with Superman.

If it does make money, WB will never use a White Superman again.

So basically a lose-lose situation for Cavill.

Surtur
That's a lose lose for everyone not just Cavill.

Darth Thor
Well yeah might be a lose lose for Kal-El as well.

Surtur
In the end I just feel like this is pandering. And unnecessary. But even with that they could have gone the standard route without bringing Coates in. I mean you didn't see The Flash asking Cornel West to write episodes.

Just give us evil psychic superman.

playa1258
WB just wants to try to recreate the cultural event of Black Panther by destroying Superman.

Maybe this can blow up in their face and Superman gets sold to Disney.

Surtur
They gave us a legit reason to hope it bombs. Too funny.

playa1258
They will just blame racism and toxic white males.

You just know Blackman will be plowing a little white girl in the film.

Got to get that BBC action.

Darth Thor
They gave us a legit reason to hope it bombs. Too funny.

I really doubt a Superman movie without Kal-El will be some sort of big hit.

Surtur
I really doubt a Superman movie without Kal-El will be some sort of big hit.

IMO you could find a lot more success with a mini series on a streaming network. Make it more adult like Titans and Doom Patrol.

They could do a psychic Superman story and could even tweak it so he isn't full out an evil dictator. Or do Calvin Ellis.

Though I will admit we are more likely to see the Harvey Dent Supes show up in an animated movie than anything else.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/VyDgqkP.jpg

"You can't make an alien have Black skin, his skins has to be White!!11!!"

Though MoS should have had a sequel with Cavill and a new director/writer

ares834
https://blacklabellogic-files-wordpress-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/blacklabellogic.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/strawman.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
"You can't make an alien have Black skin, his skins has to be White!!11!!"

Though MoS should have had a sequel with Cavill and a new director/writer

A wakandan king doesn't need to be black either, but there would be a fit thrown.

don't go down this road thumb up

ares834

Robtard
A wakandan king doesn't need to be black either, but there would be a fit thrown.

don't go down this road thumb up

This is where you're wrong, sport. T'Challa being a Black African is integral to the character's story. Superman's skin color isn't, he just has to be an alien that can pass for human and was raised by loving human parent who instilled a strong sense of right and wrong into his being.

Now if you wanted to pick another Black character where their skin color wasn't really important to the character and their story, sure. Or you can continue to gripe about the imagined affront to your personal delicate Whiteness, either will be fine with me.

Surtur

Surtur
This is where you're wrong, sport. T'Challa being a Black African is integral to the character's story. Superman's skin color isn't, he just has to be an alien that can pass for human and was raised by loving human parent who instilled a strong sense of right and wrong into his being.

Now if you wanted to pick another Black character where their skin color wasn't really important to the character and their story, sure. Or you can continue to gripe about the imagined affront to your personal delicate Whiteness, either will be fine with me.

Nope wrong, don't die on this hill kid. White baby could embrace african culture. No reason it can't. Unless you're a racist.

Robtard
Nope wrong, don't die on this hill kid. White baby could embrace african culture. No reason it can't. Unless you're a racist.

Not wrong, you've made another faulty analogy.

While you're griping, I'll wait and see what they do here. Dunno, this could be great or it could be dirty ass. If it's dirty ass, it's not the first time we've had a shitty Superman film.

Surtur
But fine, there will be no "you couldn't do a white luke cage in harlem" comments from anyone, correct?

And yet a fit would be thrown.

Type out a fit wouldn't be thrown?

Robtard
You keep picking Black characters where their race/color is an important aspect of the character.

This reminds me of the "but my Whiteness!" rants when it came out years ago they were considering casting a Black person for the next Spider-man. Because a dorky orphaned kid who gains powers can't be Black.

Surtur
You could do a white guy fighting for Harlem named Luke Cage.

The point is quit your bullshit, a fit would be thrown if any black character was changed. Blue Marvel was told by JFK to stop being a hero cuz of his race, it would fit with a mexican hero too but a fit would be thrown if they made him mexican in a movie or tv show.

Just stop.

Surtur
Hell even making the psychic Superman white would see outrage.

Robtard
You could do a white guy fighting for Harlem named Luke Cage.

The point is quit your bullshit, a fit would be thrown if any black character was changed. Blue Marvel was told by JFK to stop being a hero cuz of his race, it would fit with a mexican hero too but a fit would be thrown if they made him mexican in a movie or tv show.

Just stop.

facepalm

There has been many instances and not that long ago where White actors played non-White characters and no on cared much:

Batman Begins
Noah
Prince of Persia
The Last Airbender
Argo
Drive
edit: Joseph Fiennes played Michael f**king Jackson

Go back decades and it's par for the course.

Surtur
Yeah bro that was before. And Dr. Seuss used to not offend sad souls either, but fruitcakes now crying like simps over him.

These days, in this pathetic woke culture, a fit would be thrown if they made Luke Cage or even the black psychic superman white. Deal with that fact.

EDIT: And there was a HUGE fit over perceived white washing in Airbender. Why lie?

Robtard
Those movie are not that old.

Because Luke Cage being Black is integral to the character. I don't know much about 'black psychic superman", so can't comment. Are you not capable of picking a Black character where their skin color is overall irrelevant to the character?

So 1 out of 7 I listed? Lolz. Do continue to gripe though, it's amusing. I'm going to wait and see what they put forth first, like a calm normal person.

Surtur
Nah he doesn't have to be black, they could make it work it they wanted.

Well I saw you lied once so I ignored the rest. Maybe don't lie.

Robtard
Who, what, work?

You choose to ignore them after the fact, because they prove you wrong.

jaden_2.0
I'd consider myself part of the "general audience" with regards to comic book movies because I have read 1 comic in my life and have no interest in reading any more. If they go down the black superman route and I wasn't aware there even is a black superman in the comic books I'd be confused up to the part where they mention he has a different name.

Then I'd not care about it after that and base my opinion of the film on whether it was good or not.

Because a shit superman movie with a white superman would still be shit if it was a black superman.

Am I alone in remembering all the frantic frothing that happened after the casting announcements with The Witcher series and the supposed "wokeness" of the writers? It turned out to be f**king great and nobody gave two shits about black Fringilla Vigo.

jaden_2.0
Besides they already had a culturally accurate black superman.

He was called Hancock....

ooooOOOOOOOooooo

Surtur
But see pathetic souls won't blame a white superman movie bombing on racism. Sad souls will indeed blame a black superman bombing on racism.

You know, sad souls being sad souls.

Robtard
But see pathetic souls won't blame a white superman movie bombing on racism. Sad souls will indeed blame a black superman bombing on racism.

You're making another faulty analogy as we've already had instances of people on social media trying to make a film fail just because Black main characters.

I don't recall this happening for a previous Superman film. Do you?

Let this film succeed or fail on its own merits.

Darth Thor
If this bombs, WB will just say/think/believe that they cant make a big hit out of Superman.

As for race swapping, I dont like it. I mean if you make Peter Parker Black/Hispanic (for example), then that really does take away from Miles Morales.

And yeah Surtur chose a poor example with BP. But im sure people wouldnt be happy about making Blade or John Stewart white. Id certainly hate that.

jaden_2.0

It's an odd dynamic to predict. If it's, as rumoured, Michael B Jordan, he's generally pretty well regarded amongst audiences across the board even with his filmography of quite "woke" roles. (Just Mercy, Fruitvale Station)

They should get Denzel in as the Jonathan Kent equivalent and they'll make money. Everyone loves big Den.

Surtur
Denzel as Johnathan kent would just let a hurricane kill him to save a dog

it'd be a hurricane katrina flashback

Robtard
If this bombs, WB will just say/think/believe that they cant make a big hit out of Superman.

As for race swapping, I dont like it. I mean if you make Peter Parker Black/Hispanic (for example), then that really does take away from Miles Morales.

And yeah Surtur chose a poor example with BP. But im sure people wouldnt be happy about making Blade or John Stewart white. Id certainly hate that.

Then they're excuse slinging idiots as Superman is still the most recognizable superhero on the planet. Good writer, good director, good casting and a Superman film can break the bank.

I don't see it that way if their skin color/race isn't really integral to the character.

Can't say for Blade, really don't know a lot about the character'a deeper aspects. Martian Manhunter though it's kinda important, he's an alien who can look like anyone to fit in, but specifically chooses to be a Black man in America. There's a story and meaning behind that. Edit: Never mind, wrong "John"

jaden_2.0
That would be meta. A hurricane killing The Hurricane.

Surtur
Then they're excuse slinging idiots as Superman is still the most recognizable superhero on the planet. Good writer, good director, good casting and a Superman film can break the bank.

I don't see it that way if their skin color/race isn't really integral to the character.

Can't say for Blade, really don't know a lot about the character'a deeper aspects Martian Manhunter though it's kinda important, he's an alien who can look like anyone to fit in, but specifically chooses to be a Black man in America. There's a story and meaning behind that.

There could be a story and meaning behind him being white too. So yes J'onn falls under the "pathetic if you got mad he wasn't black" category.

That said, why you thought John Stewart the black GL was J'onn Jones the Martian is a racism I don't wanna touch. Ya racist. Bet they look alike right brah?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
That would be meta. A hurricane killing The Hurricane.

That took me a second to piece together...

Then: laughing out loud

Robtard
There could be a story and meaning behind him being white too. So yes J'onn falls under the "pathetic if you got mad he wasn't black" category.

That said, why you thought John Stewart the black GL was J'onn Jones the Martian is a racism I don't wanna touch. Ya racist. Bet they look alike right brah?

You're talking about changing the character's back story to make it something else again. Superman's skin color being different doesn't really change Superman's story. He's an alien who looks human and was sent to Earth by his parents.

Though I would laugh if they make his adoptive parents White and people rage over it.

Yeah, I brain farted there, I thought he was talking about another "John".

Surtur
I get it: changing white characters okay, but black characters nah.

Sad part is this racism will be tolerated by the "anti-racist" left.

Darth Thor
Edit: Never mind, wrong "John"

Lol. It might be part of Stewarts background too. But goes back to the Miles Morales thing, if you make Hal, Kyle and Guy black, then that kind of shits on Stewart.

Although I agree with your underlying sentiment, that if a black actor asked to audition for Superman, and nailed it, then sure why not? But this seems as if its already pre-determined that he has to be black. Which im not a fan of.

Robtard

Literally not what I'm saying, but I get it that's all you've got.

eg If they cast the Red Skull as a Black Nazi, that would be stupid, as being White (at least before the transformation) is integral to the character's story.

Why is making Superman Black racist though? Convince me with logic and reason.

Surtur
Swapping skin color is always racist.

Why not create your own black super hero? They too sad and pathetic to do so? Or just lazy and racist?

jaden_2.0
Though I would laugh if they make his adoptive parents White and people rage over it.

In that case he should have lesbian parents played by Angelina Jolie and Madonna for teh lulz

BruceSkywalker

grow the frack up and read a fracking comic book...

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Calvin_Ellis

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Val-Zod_(Earth_2)

michael b jordan ya know a BLACK man will be playing either one

Surtur
Aww why can't the little b*tch play john stewart? He too good to play a black character?

Surtur
Make a movie about Icon.

Boom done. No racist pandering needed.

Robtard

Why not create your own black super hero? They too sad and pathetic to do so? Or just lazy and racist?

No, don't be silly.

Their "own black super hero"? LoLz. Your emotions over this is hilarious.

Robtard
In that case he should have lesbian parents played by Angelina Jolie and Madonna for teh lulz

Would it be too much to ask for hotter lesbians? stick out tongue

Surtur
No, don't be silly.

Their "own black super hero"? LoLz. Your emotions over this is hilarious.

Yes, it is racist.

Plenty of DC heroes that are naturally black, or they can create their own.

I'd sell them the rights to my hero whose knee's grow to unimaginable lengths. His name: Kneegrow.

Robtard
Make a movie about Icon.

Boom done. No racist pandering needed.

Not a bad idea, but the name recognition isn't there.

Icon is also another character where skin color is an integral part of the character's story, as being "Black" in 1800s America shaped the character, iirc.

Surtur
Yeah that excuse is done with, so stop. Being any minority in the 1800s could shape ya, so this hill: do not die on it.

jaden_2.0
grow the frack up and read a fracking comic book...

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Calvin_Ellis

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Val-Zod_(Earth_2)

michael b jordan ya know a BLACK man will be playing either one

😂😂😂😂

Robtard
Yeah that excuse is done with, so stop. Being any minority in the 1800s could shape ya, so this hill: do not die on it. Well it's reality. Some characters skin color/race is integral to the character, some it doesn't matter.

TBH I honestly couldn't care less, I just want a really good Superman film, if that happens to be another White actor should this flop, bring it on.

But I also kinda want the studios to make other White male characters Black and/or female just to laugh at people like you smile

Surtur
Well it's reality. Some characters skin color/race is integral to the character, some it doesn't matter.

TBH I honestly couldn't care less, I just want a really good Superman film, if that happens to be another White actor should this flop, bring it on.

But I also kinda want the studios to make other White male characters Black and/or female just to laugh at people like you smile

It's not integral, it could be done with another race if need be.

And people would be just as justified whining over it as this.

And since you don't care, you'll stop digging this hole I'm sure and move on thumb up

I would also kinda be amused, I love how inferiors like you reveal themselves in this stuff so pretending victory makes me smile.

jaden_2.0
Not a bad idea, but the name recognition isn't there.

I don't think that matters all that much these days so long as the quality is there. Hardly anyone knew who the GotG were before their cinematic introduction. In fact the same can be said for most of the MCU roster with the exceptions of Spiderman and Hulk prior to Ironman being released.

Robtard
It's not integral, it could be done with another race if need be.

And people would be just as justified whining over it as this.

And since you don't care, you'll stop digging this hole I'm sure and move on thumb up

So it seems you're agreeing now? Cool?

Or maybe not.

I don't care about the skin color aspect specifically, I do care about movies I watch though. I just want a great Superman film. Don't you?

Surtur
Most MCU viewers had no idea who Captain Marvel was.

But she had a pussy. So it was all good and hey it worked.

Surtur
So it seems you're agreeing now? Cool?

Or maybe not.

I don't care about the skin color aspect specifically, I do care about movies I watch though. I just want a great Superman film. Don't you?

I do want a great film, and I know you aren't naive enough to believe Coates will bring us one. Correct?

Robtard
I don't think that matters all that much these days so long as the quality is there. Hardly anyone knew who the GotG were before their cinematic introduction. In fact the same can be said for most of the MCU roster with the exceptions of Spiderman and Hulk prior to Ironman being released.

Fair enough point

Robtard
I do want a great film, and I know you aren't naive enough to believe Coates will bring us one. Correct?

And why does this film get an automatic stinker from you because Superman will be played by a Black actor?

I don't know much about this Coates guy, did a quick Wiki and it seems he's had a best selling Black Panther series. So is he not a good writer?

Surtur
And why does this film get an automatic stinker from you because Superman will be played by a Black actor?

I don't know much about this Coates guy, did a quick Wiki and it seems he's had a best selling Black Panther series. So is he not a good writer?

Son do not lie about me again in this thread: it's about the person behind it Coates. He wouldn't be playing the character.

Again: do not utter another lie.

jaden_2.0
Most MCU viewers had no idea who Captain Marvel was.

But she had a pussy. So it was all good and hey it worked.

In fairness, the problems people had with that movie weren't really to do with the movie or the main character.

It ended up being middling as MCU movies go because there was a very noticeable lack of chemistry. A lot of talent in it that didn't click. Brie Larson, Annette Bening and Jude Law were all terrible. Ben Mendelsohn pretty much saved it from being much worse than it could've been.

Robtard
Son do not lie about me again in this thread: it's about the person behind it Coates. He wouldn't be playing the character.

Again: do not utter another lie.

You've been complaining about the skin color aspect for pages, since your first post:

Now you're saying your issues with this film is with the writer? Lol.

Surtur
Also said this fruitcake: do not lie again in this thread

Yup the guy himself is sort of racist too. And if this movie isn't received well by audiences, but is lauded by critics I'm sure there will be gaslighting and blaming racism just like when people didn't like the last jedi and sexism was blamed.

Robtard
Pages later. Your main issue is clearly a Black actor playing Superman.

Surtur
Did you want to keep going son? We can derail this. Or you can stop your lies.

Robtard
Your gripes over skin color are all over this thread, but you can do a pretend win. I don't care.

Surtur
I was welcome to a Calvin Ellis Supes even in my very first post.

Keep going or drop it? Decide now kid. Do not respond again to this in any form if your choice is to drop it.

StiltmanFTW
Get a room, you two lovebirds stick out tongue

Surtur
He'd get knocked out, so nah.

jaden_2.0
Now you're saying your issues with this film is with the writer? Lol.

It's the same thing as the CPAC stage. Nobody would've known or cared had someone not pretended to be mad about it.

Surtur
It's the same thing as the CPAC stage. Nobody would've known or cared had someone not pretended to be mad about it.

I know you aren't pathetic enough to think it was a nazi symbol, so good on you for avoiding that phaggotry.

My advice: continue to avoid it.

Robtard
I was welcome to a Calvin Ellis Supes even in my very first post.

Keep going or drop it? Decide now kid. Do not respond again to this in any form if your choice is to drop it.

You said a Calvin Ellis Superman film would be: "still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering."

Yeah, you sure were "welcome" to that idea.

Would you like to lie again?

Surtur
You said a Calvin Ellis Superman film would be: "still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering."

Yeah, you sure were "welcome" to that idea.

So you don't want to drop it?

Okay sad soul. What do you have next to add? We'll derail this thread now. Enjoy.

jaden_2.0
Yeah I don't think it was because nobody at CPAC cares about or has any knowledge of history or other countries. 😉

Surtur
Yeah I don't think it was because nobody at CPAC cares about or has any knowledge of history or other countries. 😉

Wise choice not calling it a nazi symbol, you can move on.

Robtard
So you don't want to drop it?

Okay sad soul. What do you have next to add? We'll derail this thread now. Enjoy. Maybe just pretend that you didn't know what "sad and pandering" meant when you said it, less pathetic than the flips you're doing now.

Surtur
Maybe just pretend that you didn't know what "sad and pandering" meant, less pathetic than the flips you're doing.

I've made numerous comments about how I want the psychic superman, you pathetic phag.

jaden_2.0
You can also move on from that writer you didn't know existed until Ben Shapiro and The Quartering told you to be angry about him.

Surtur
You can also move on from that writer you didn't know existed until Ben Shapiro and The Quartering told you to be angry about him.

Oh son, walk away now.

Last chance.

jaden_2.0
Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me you knew all about him before this movie was announced. I'll believe you.

Surtur
you're wrong.

tell me i'm lying: f*ck around and find out smile

Robtard
I've made numerous comments about how I want the psychic superman, you pathetic phag.

Why would you want a film that was "sad and pandering"?

Surtur
Calvin Ellis film would be sad and pandering, but better than a black clark kent

evil black psychic supes? brave and stunning and stunning and brave

but they dont have the balls to do it, just black pandering.

jaden_2.0
you're wrong.

tell me i'm lying: f*ck around and find out smile

So who was it that told you you needed to be angry about it?

Surtur
So who was it that told you you needed to be angry about it?

Nobody told me, I love reading the black version of the daily stormer aka the root and they've covered coates in the past.

Any other questions?

jaden_2.0
I believe you...

Surtur
I know, I didnt give you another option thumb up

jaden_2.0
I know, I didnt give you another option thumb up

Oh yeah definitely. You know why I believe you?

Because

I know you aren't pathetic enough to think it was a nazi symbol, so good on you for avoiding that phaggotry.

My advice: continue to avoid it.

Is a totally rational response from someone who knows my comment didn't apply to them.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Get a room, you two lovebirds stick out tongue

You've seen me mentally rape Surt. In person I could physically rape him smile

(Not that I ever would)

-Pr-
not really but since michael b jordan wants to bring him to life i'm just putting it all together but im sure it will become clear at some point.

Hopefully.

Really not interested in seeing how much they'd change Kal-El if Coates got his hands on him.

Surtur
Hopefully.

Really not interested in seeing how much they'd change Kal-El if Coates got his hands on him.

I'm imagining a scene where he saves people and the press is interviewing him and then some elderly white male in the crowd quips "you're articulate...for an alien".

Oh and the kanye west song "jesus walks" playing while bullets bounce off his skin.

Surtur
Lex will also be racist. Its gonna be weird seeing Superman get called the N word.

jaden_2.0
Lel

Surtur
https://media.tenor.com/images/b85413b368392ba78e647438f2366d46/tenor.gif

BruceSkywalker
Lex will also be racist. Its gonna be weird seeing Superman get called the N word.

are you just dumb or dumb troll big grin big grin big grin laughing

Surtur
If you think Coates isn't gonna have a black superman get called the N word by lex luthor or some villain you have no idea who the guy is.

And if it's a black clark kent he'll have it set in the 80s with him going to africa to end apartheid

-Pr-
I'm imagining a scene where he saves people and the press is interviewing him and then some elderly white male in the crowd quips "you're articulate...for an alien".

Oh and the kanye west song "jesus walks" playing while bullets bounce off his skin.

You jest, but Lex's bigotry and that of other people has been explored in the comics before. Superman being an alien has been brought up more than once.

Of course, I doubt Coates would care about such things.

Lel

I can't even...

BruceSkywalker
If you think Coates isn't gonna have a black superman get called the N word by lex luthor or some villain you have no idea who the guy is.

And if it's a black clark kent he'll have it set in the 80s with him going to africa to end apartheid

hahahahahahahahahahahaha .. grow up and realize trump is NO LONGER PRESIDENT... HAHAHAHAHA

oh i know who Coates is but i doubt you do since you live in a false reality

Surtur
hahahahahahahahahahahaha .. grow up and realize trump is NO LONGER PRESIDENT... HAHAHAHAHA

oh i know who Coates is but i doubt you do since you live in a false reality

I didn't mention Trump bro.

He living rent free in your head? I know you guys think he inflates his wealth, and maybe he does, but I'm betting he at least has enough money for housing. Put knowledge in ya brain, not trump.

Robtard
Unlike Surtur I'm not ashamed to admit I don't know who this Coates writer guy is, why is he so bad for this?

I did a quick Wiki look and it seems he has an award selling Black Panther series.

Surtur
I have heard of him. Like I said: I read the black version of the daily stormer for the laughs. The root talks about him often.

Keep lying though and say I didn't know who he is. See how far you get kid smile

jaden_2.0
And what did they say about him?

Robtard
I have heard of him. Like I said: I read the black version of the daily stormer for the laughs. The root talks about him often.

Keep lying though and say I didn't know who he is. See how far you get kid smile

This is why when I asked you yesterday about Coates you dodged?

Surtur
And what did they say about him?

Practically sucked his dick.

Surtur
This is why when I asked you yesterday about Coates you dodged?

No, he's not a good writer.

Stephanie Meyer had best selling books, also isn't a good writer. Do not go down this path, you will not like where it ends.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>