Why do you think it's okay to mock people for being stupid or naive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Topic.

jaden_2.0
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-31-2015/rTty1G.gif

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Topic.

Because their stupidity should be painful for them for a change instead of just the rest of us.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Because their stupidity should be painful for them for a change instead of just the rest of us. Dicks should change, not stupid people.

The world would be better if we had more stupid and tolerant people rather then intelligent but dickish people.

Adam_PoE
Dicks should change, not stupid people.

The world would be better if we had more stupid and tolerant people rather then intelligent but dickish people.

No.

gold slorg
tolerance towards people being dumb and naive provided us with antivaxers

i'll go back to naming idiots idiots, thx

Jmanghan
Originally posted by gold slorg
tolerance towards people being dumb and naive provided us with antivaxers

i'll go back to naming idiots idiots, thx i mean im mainly talking harmless idiots.

ares834
There is no such thing as a "harmless idiot".

NewGuy01
I can't believe you're still making these threads.

ilikecomics
Mocking people is wrong. IQ is genetic.

furafot
You will make fun of someone and they will make fun of you.

Blakemore
Stupidity should be mocked?

Artol
Topic.

Yeah, I get what you mean, like a blanket mockery of people who are not that smart, or even ignorant in some ways just isn't good. If they do something harmful or malicious that's the real problem. I think a lot of people feel validation if they can insult others for their intelligence, like it makes them feel better about themselves and also it is sort of a group strengthening behavior.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I can't believe you're still making these threads. I can't believe that you aren't.

Jmanghan
LETS ALL BAND TOGETHER, UNICORNS, CUDDLES, HUGS FOR ALL.

Klaw
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Mocking people is wrong. IQ is genetic.

IQ has nothing to do with being stupid.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Klaw
IQ has nothing to do with being stupid.

incorrect, not-eon. iq measures human intelligence. stupid is the opposite of intelligent.

Klaw
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
incorrect, not-eon. iq measures human intelligence. stupid is the opposite of intelligent.

That's definitely not true.

There's plenty of intelligent people that are stupid.

And plenty of people with low iqs that are more intelligent than their iqs suggest.

Stealth Moose
Dicks should change, not stupid people.

It depends on the context. If you just treat all stupid people as rudely as possible, that's not a way to behave unless you're super rich or Cartman. If you treat stupid people who think they know it all rudely, they earned it.

Thanks to modern internet, stupid people can remain blissfully ignorant and in echo chambers of confirmation bias with little effort. So in those cases, those stupid people need to be taught their idiocy has consequences.

It's one thing if someone is naive or just ignorant and wants to learn or develop; I have no issue with those people, because we all started there. But when people are just stupid beyond reason, unyielding to logic, and won't learn anything... They made their cake and they must lie in it.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Klaw
That's definitely not true.

There's plenty of intelligent people that are stupid.

And plenty of people with low iqs that are more intelligent than their iqs suggest.

so basically you're incorrectly redefining "intelligent" and "stupid" to fit you 100% incorrect assertion.

truejedi
If people are ignorant by choice, and when presented with facts refuse to accept them, they deserve mockery. Just being low iq (maybe bad at their job or school or something) isn't reason for mockery.

For instance, anyone saying the election was stolen from Trump at this stage, is willfully ignorant and ripe for ridicule.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by truejedi
If people are ignorant by choice, and when presented with facts refuse to accept them, they deserve mockery. Just being low iq (maybe bad at their job or school or something) isn't reason for mockery.

For instance, anyone saying the election was stolen from Trump at this stage, is willfully ignorant and ripe for ridicule.

How dare you question the wisdom and mental acuity of greats like Gina and the MyPillow guy?

Those are verified experts, just like Jenny McCarthy.

Impediment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.