Great Darkness Saga Darkseid Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc

Adam Grimes
Galactus gets turned into a cup.

Stoic

Old Man Whirly!
GDSD is still the best cosmic villain ever written.

carver9
Galactus

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
Galactus
Can you explain why, im curious

MrMind
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can you explain why, im curious

carver automatically goes with the marvel character

his brain operates at the tadpole level

beatboks
Originally posted by DantasKEdc

From when during GDS are we talking about?
I mean at the start DS was still somewhat weakened and needed to absorb the power of artefacts to build up. Part way thru he needed his minion to destract Mordru while he attacked from another direction and drained him.

Pre Mordru Drain I would say a non starving G should take it. After Mordru was absorbed its a lot closer to stalemate. By the end of GDS DS probably takes the majority.

Astner
Did GDS Darkseid do anything impressive? He controlled a few billion Daxamites, which is why he was considered powerful, but he lost control over them at the end, which ended up killing him?

Other than that it's just an old Darkseid with Mordu's and Time Trappers's powers.

No number of Daxamites should be a threat to Galactus in a direct confrontation. But starving him like Beta Ray Bill did in Stormbreaker or Godhunt is an option.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mordru and Time Trapper > Galactus.

Astner
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mordru and Time Trapper > Galactus. Since when?

beatboks

Mordru is at his peak below Odin (by a small amount) the trapper is maybe a bit above Mordru so MAYBE Odin level. Odin <<<< G so not a hope in Hell arenthey above him combined

Astner
In Dr. Strange #15 Galactus destroyed waves of heroes and gods like they were ants, first facing a bit of resistance when Dormammu showed up. It lasted for about a panel before Galactus absorbed him.

https://i.ibb.co/VVhmhxN/6984748-2.jpg https://i.ibb.co/PjbWSzv/6984749-3.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by Astner
Did GDS Darkseid do anything impressive? He controlled a few billion Daxamites, which is why he was considered powerful, but he lost control over them at the end, which ended up killing him?

Other than that it's just an old Darkseid with Mordu's and Time Trappers's powers.

No number of Daxamites should be a threat to Galactus in a direct confrontation. But starving him like Beta Ray Bill did in Stormbreaker or Godhunt is an option.
Lolwut? 3 billion pre crisis Daxamites will **** Galactus up his ass. Originally posted by Astner
Since when?
Since always. Originally posted by Astner
In Dr. Strange #15 Galactus destroyed waves of heroes and gods like they were ants, first facing a bit of resistance when Dormammu showed up. It lasted for about a panel before Galactus absorbed him.

https://i.ibb.co/VVhmhxN/6984748-2.jpg https://i.ibb.co/PjbWSzv/6984749-3.jpg
That was after Dr Strange himself restrained Galactus for pages and Galactus only got free when Strange was distracted.

Also Galactus was altered because he ate magic, not your normal Galactus.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
Mordru is at his peak below Odin (by a small amount) the trapper is maybe a bit above Mordru so MAYBE Odin level. Odin <<<< G so not a hope in Hell arenthey above him combined
Mordru would **** Odin something fierce. Lol at him being below Odin.

Astner
Morrison did an interview with Wizard Magazine where he compared Darkseid's true self to Galactus.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Astner
Morrison did an interview with Wizard Magazine where he compared Darkseid's true self to Galactus.
No, he said that new gods as a whole were gods like Galactus. I'm fine with Galactus level Kalibak and Desaad.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
No, he said that new gods as a whole were gods like Galactus. I'm fine with Galactus level Kalibak and Desaad.

Or Devilance level, amirite?

https://i.postimg.cc/cHMG9dD6/RCO020-1465447520.jpg

MrMind

lol no

GodofNature
When got Odin such an upgrade?

Glorificus
Galactus easily.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Glorificus
Galactus easily.
How

beatboks
Mordru would **** Odin something fierce. Lol at him being below Odin.

Odin absorbed Infinity, an entity that an infinity Gauntlets Thanos ranked above lord chaos and master order.

https://m.imgur.com/a/pasW7VW

Mordu my contrast needed the help of glorith to absorb Infinite man.

Infinite man is on a par with Eternity who is stated by Thanos equal to infinity so if mordru would **** Odin something fierce why does he need assistance to accomplish the same as Odin without help?

So you should have no problem at all finding a feat of Mordru that is greater than him being half of the pair that absorbed infinite mans power then heh?? ROFLMAO

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

MrMind
Odin absorbed Infinity, an entity that an infinity Gauntlets Thanos ranked above lord chaos and master order.

Infinite man is on a par with Eternity who is stated by Thanos equal to infinity so if mordru would **** Odin something fierce why does he need assistance to accomplish the same as Odin without help?

So you should have no problem at all finding a feat of Mordru that is greater than him being half of the pair that absorbed infinite mans power then heh?? ROFLMAO

tf are you on about?

your comic knowledge is literally stucked from 20 years ago

just recently mordru was manipulating comic book panels and throwing around power to split universe in half like loose change

abhilegend

Not only is that not abstract Infinity but Odin was amped there as revealed in Quasar 19.

Uh-huh.

beatboks
Originally posted by MrMind
tf are you on about?

your comic knowledge is literally stucked from 20 years ago

just recently mordru was manipulating comic book panels and throwing around power to split universe in half like loose change

Great darkness saga was pre crisis. Any scaling of GDS DS to Mordru isn't referencing even post COIE feats let alone post Flashpoint or Rebirth. So unless I'm missing something Modern feats are irrelevant to this discussion for the DC side. Please enlightened me as to how modern feats would be relevant to pre crisis Mordru against whom GDS DS scales. The fact is I'm being hugely lenient even applying thebpost crisis draining feat to Mordru that I have. I'm only allowing it because the post COIE period its from is supposed to have pre crisis as canon.

Oh and yes my comic knowledge DC is 10 years old (not 20, not my fault DC lost the plot post flashpoint). NU52 started in 2011, its why whenever I enter any discussion re modern DC its to ask questions not make statements

beatboks
Not only is that not abstract Infinity but Odin was amped there as revealed in Quasar 19.

Uh-huh.

So how was infinity not abstract then, and how was Odin aledgedly amped?

abhilegend
So how was infinity not abstract then, and how was Odin aledgedly amped?
From Quasar 19.

https://i.postimg.cc/F76BrR7F/image.jpg

MrMind
Great darkness saga was pre crisis. Any scaling of GDS DS to Mordru isn't referencing even post COIE feats let alone post Flashpoint or Rebirth. So unless I'm missing something Modern feats are irrelevant to this discussion for the DC side. Please enlightened me as to how modern feats would be relevant to pre crisis Mordru against whom GDS DS scales. The fact is I'm being hugely lenient even applying thebpost crisis draining feat to Mordru that I have. I'm only allowing it because the post COIE period its from is supposed to have pre crisis as canon.

Oh and yes my comic knowledge DC is 10 years old (not 20, not my fault DC lost the plot post flashpoint). NU52 started in 2011, its why whenever I enter any discussion re modern DC its to ask questions not make statements

1. crisis does not affect characters like darkseid and mordru, not to mention everything is canon now

2. this is where all the topic started, regarding mordru, odin and galactus. don't backtrack now

you said odin=trapper>mordru (what a retarded statement to make), you didn't specify which era not that it matters

celeyhyga17

beatboks

beatboks
@Mr Mind For example the same post mentioned time trapper. Post crisis Time Trapper who created a pocket universe (a feat vastly above anything pre crisis) would be above Galactus so well above Odin. Clearly I wasn't referencing that version and you haven't pulled me up on that at all.

MrMind
when did that happen?

beatboks
when did that happen?

in Johns Justice Society.
the first defeat was via a novice Hector who hadn't long been aged from a newborn babe (and that was an amped Mordru that had killed and absorbed the power of several lords of order and Chaos and who had killed and absorbed the power of the previous wielder of the artifacts of Nabu - Jarred Stephens)

MrMind
recently in JLD, a tiny portion of his powers were able to contend with nabu and all the lords of orders

MrMind
in post crisis and onward

mordru was stated to be no beginning and no end, and stated to be the most powerful out of all lord of order and chaos

he oneshotted the JSA, nabu has his power absorbed by mordru

after he was free from the amulet he ripped the soul of new god arion away so he can steal his body, this is the same arion who defeated the dark world himself ( the dark world is revealed to be the great darkness in the recent JLD issue)

mordru was directly referenced as the great darkness and his dread wings would disrupt the creation itself

mordru became doctor fate by taking hector hall's power, then went on oneshotting alan scott, took the starheart

a freaking 5th dimension imp thunderbolt using all his power was only able to trap mordru for a very short moment

mordru was always > nabu and shazam,his performance against nabu and shazam was better than dov spectre

in n52, he was considered equal or more powerful than the wizard merlin, this is the same merlin who held all of space time in his hands

mordru>witchmarked wonder woman (who has only a portion of full power hecate is more powerful than any god who walked the earth)
hecate has direct influence to the dreaming and the red.

zatarra also thinks mordru is the only one who can stop the otherkind

mordru think one of the otherkind is an insult to his power, this is the same upside down man who is equal to hecate.

the otherkind was literally eating away the magic in the dc multiverse and higher realms

mordru was the one responsible for torturing hecate, forcing her to gave up her powers. mordru was the only true lord of chaos.

a small portion of his power in a gem can break all of magic in existence and overpowered to the combine might of all of lords of orders, and was used to restore the entire magic in the multiverse

yeah....fuking odin can compete with that

what a fukin joke

MrMind

what a retarded statement,

time trapper or mordru oneshots the entire skyfather pantheons in marvel main universe

MrMind

MrMind
@Mr Mind For example the same post mentioned time trapper. Post crisis Time Trapper who created a pocket universe (a feat vastly above anything pre crisis) would be above Galactus so well above Odin. Clearly I wasn't referencing that version and you haven't pulled me up on that at all.

you say that like time trapper was affected by the reboot, it's the same version

great darkness saga was written in 1989 post crisis

time trapper was already pocket universe with clone of pre-crisis earth one and krypton back in 1987

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Amped with a portion of real Infinity's power.

Scan?

I thought This Infinity is just the darkness within Odin.I don't think nothing to do with the actual abstract Infinity

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Scan?

I thought This Infinity is just the darkness within Odin.I don't think nothing to do with the actual abstract Infinity

From Quasar 19.

https://i.postimg.cc/F76BrR7F/image.jpg

abhilegend
Odin was amping on infinity, not the villain infinity.

celeyhyga17
Infinity the abstract was created years after the original Infinity(Odin's portion). It's clear they wanted less confusion with the name Infinity so they retconned the original Infinity(evil Odin portion) into being connected with Infinity the abstract.

The scan clearly has Kronos glimpsing Infinity's(evil Odin portion) hand which we now know as having a portion of Infinity's(abstract) ppwer.

abhilegend
That's not what the comic says. It says Odin was channeling it's power, not Infinity the villain.

"When a tiny fraction of her power was being tapped by Earth God Odin".

Even you should be able to read that.

Diesldude
Infinity the abstract was created years after the original Infinity(Odin's portion). It's clear they wanted less confusion with the name Infinity so they retconned the original Infinity(evil Odin portion) into being connected with Infinity the abstract.

The scan clearly has Kronos glimpsing Infinity's(evil Odin portion) hand which we now know as having a portion of Infinity's(abstract) ppwer. if that was true, Odin only had a tiny fraction. If it was Odin’s the time he showed it, it was not even close to the abstract infinity level.

AlbertoJohnAvil

The scan clearly has Kronos glimpsing Infinity's(evil Odin portion) hand which we now know as having a portion of Infinity's(abstract) ppwer.

to be fair, it was tapped by hela not Odin in the Thor story.

celeyhyga17
That's not what the comic says. It says Odin was channeling it's power, not Infinity the villain.

The scan was specifically referring to Infinity's hand. The hand was Odin's evil half or evil portion. So that statement of Odin is still true.

Odin tapped into Infinity. More specifically, Odin's evil half tapped into Infinity.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
to be fair, it was tapped by hela not Odin in the Thor story.
Not necessarily. Hela influenced his other half to go bad. We now know Infinity(Odin's portion) had tapped into Infinity the abstract. Cant really say for sure she had made his evil half to draw power from Infinity.

abhilegend
The scan was specifically referring to Infinity's hand. The hand was Odin's evil half or evil portion. So that statement of Odin is still true.

Odin tapped into Infinity. More specifically, Odin's evil half tapped into Infinity.
No, that's not what the comic says.

celeyhyga17
No, that's not what the comic says.
Not sure what ure getting at.

Anyways, r u saying both Odin and Infinity(evil Odin) were amped? If so I highly doubt thats the case. I mean one is literally called Infinity and the retcon in Quasar suggests that the evil Odin was the one housing the power of Infinity the abstract. On however and whatever story Odin had tapped into Infinity(abstract) it really doesnt matter. Evil Odin weilding Infinity the abstract's power is almost a certainty.

Adam Grimes
Evil Odin weilding Infinity the abstract's power is almost a certainty. The entirety of it? Mm, not likely.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The entirety of it? Mm, not likely.
Who said entirety? Theres already a scan stating a fraction of Infinity the abstract's power.

Adam Grimes
Oh, sorry. Your wording seemed to imply it was all of it.

abhilegend
Not sure what ure getting at.

Anyways, r u saying both Odin and Infinity(evil Odin) were amped? If so I highly doubt thats the case. I mean one is literally called Infinity and the retcon in Quasar suggests that the evil Odin was the one housing the power of Infinity the abstract. On however and whatever story Odin had tapped into Infinity(abstract) it really doesnt matter. Evil Odin weilding Infinity the abstract's power is almost a certainty. Originally posted by abhilegend

celeyhyga17
Not really what I asked. Was asking for clarification. I take it u dont want to reply.. thumb up

abhilegend
I already replied what's in the comic.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Wutever

abhilegend
You still astound me with your utter stupidity

celeyhyga17
Nvm.. I got the answer.
Included in the bio are offical excerpts that confirm Infinity(Odin evil half) was housing the power of Infinity the abstract. The 2010 offical marvel index actually state that Hela drew out from Odin the Infinity(abstract) portion that he inexplicably absorbed.
So basically weakend Odin fought and later beat his evil half that had a portion of Infinity the abstract's power.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/infinityodin.htm

abhilegend
You're aware that the comic trumps handbook

AlbertoJohnAvil

celeyhyga17
You're aware that the comic trumps handbook
Unfortunate ly for u the statement from Quasar #19 about Odin channeling Infinity the abstract's power doesnt contradict evil Odin channeling said power.
And when u examine further, the same book specifically pointed out Infinity's(evil Odin) hand in connection with Infinity abstract's power. Sorry. erm

abhilegend

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

MrMind
is it weird sending your guy friend a picture of naked tranny

celeyhyga17
No. Send away

MrMind
I did, she got a huge dick

abhilegend
laughing out loud
Like I said, I'm ever astonished at your utter stupidity.

celeyhyga17
I did, she got a huge dick
thumb up

Like I said, I'm ever astonished at your utter stupidity.

abhidur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.