NY Gov. Cuomo accused of sexual harassment for 2nd time/Resigns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Source.

Newjak
He should be investigated and if he was shown to have abused his power he should be held accountable and forced from his position.

Quincy
Ugh gross, homeboy needs to get the boot.

Now does he go the Al Franken route and resign like a man or the all conservatives route and just be like "nooo nahhh I dunno It's fine"

But all jokes aside yeah man this guy should bounce, and with I think two different people reporting this kind of thing about him? Bad look

ilikecomics
He'll get off scott free.

Klaw
Originally posted by ilikecomics
He'll get off scott free.

You think so?

cdtm
Obvious smear campaign against Cuomo.

Klaw
Originally posted by cdtm

laughing

jaden_2.0

Aye. Smearing his muck on some poor intern's face

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Klaw
You think so?

Yes. The political class don't face symmetrical repercussions with the citizenry.

He'll probably get a job at cnn.

Klaw
Yes. The political class don't face symmetrical repercussions with the citizenry.

He'll probably get a job at cnn.

What about Al Franken?

He's done.

ilikecomics
What about Al Franken?

He's done.

Still worth 8 million dollars. He's only done, as far as legacy media's perception goes. I'm sure he could still do a podcast or something and do just fine.

Klaw
Still worth 8 million dollars. He's only done, as far as legacy media's perception goes. I'm sure he could still do a podcast or something and do just fine.

He can't run for office again, he was held accountable.

ilikecomics
He can't run for office again, he was held accountable.

Didn't he resign ? Again 8 million as a private citizen doesn't sound that bad

ilikecomics
Didn't he resign ? Again 8 million as a private citizen doesn't sound that bad

Plus he's still putting out podcasts to 71k

Klaw
Yes he did resign.

I just don't know why you think Cuomo won't be held accountable.

ilikecomics
Yes he did resign.

I just don't know why you think Cuomo won't be held accountable.

Cuomo is responsible for at the very least criminal negligence and murder with the nursing home covid debacle. If he gets anything less than felony charges, it will be ASYMMETRICAL accountability when compared to a citizen committing a similar crime.

Klaw
Cuomo is responsible for at the very least criminal negligence and murder with the nursing home covid debacle. If he gets anything less than felony charges, it will be ASYMMETRICAL accountability when compared to a citizen committing a similar crime.

That's fair.

He should be prosecuted.

ilikecomics
That's fair.

He should be prosecuted.

Consensus ! I completely agree.
Well, to the degree that evidence can show he's guilty.

BruceSkywalker
the S.O.B. is guilty

ilikecomics
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the S.O.B. is guilty

I knew he was a sick phuck when he lifted fake weights.

Robtard
Originally posted by Quincy
Ugh gross, homeboy needs to get the boot.

Now does he go the Al Franken route and resign like a man or the all conservatives route and just be like "nooo nahhh I dunno It's fine"

But all jokes aside yeah man this guy should bounce, and with I think two different people reporting this kind of thing about him? Bad look

They should investigate, but he probably is a sex pest.

The problem with the Franken issue, is after he resigned over just some shitty photos to set the standard of behavior, Conservatives did not follow along. They laughed instead that they got Franken to resign.

So I can't see Cuomo resigning.

Robtard
I knew he was a sick phuck when he lifted fake weights.

That was his brother and I'm pretty sure that was a joke?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Robtard
That was his brother and I'm pretty sure that was a joke?

Joe rogan thought it was real then after it was proven to him, he said the same thing.

Look up ego lifting on youtube, it's a trend and it's not a joke. I could definitely be wrong tho

Newjak
They should investigate, but he probably is a sex pest.

The problem with the Franken issue, is after he resigned over just some shitty photos to set the standard of behavior, Conservatives did not follow along. They laughed instead that they got Franken to resign.

So I can't see Cuomo resigning. Yeah from what I can tell there was no physical exchange that Cuomo forced and he never explicitly asked for sex.

So while in this day and age there really shouldn't be any excuse for ignorance that you as a boss should not be discussing inappropriate topics with those that work for you that's probably what Cuomo will go with. I hope he resigns though especially over the nursing home debacle.

Honestly conservatives only care because they want a gotcha on liberal 'hypocrisy'. President Trump had way worse allegations of actual sexual assaults and not harassment. He was also caught on camera specifically talking about committing sexual assault on women.

Conservatives laughed it off as locker room talk.

Meanwhile every single 'liberal' I know has been asking for an investigation into these allegations. All the 'Fake' News sites have been accurately reporting on the issue. It's almost like this liberal bias doesn't exist in the manner conservatives want.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah from what I can tell there was no physical exchange that Cuomo forced and he never explicitly asked for sex.

So while in this day and age there really shouldn't be any excuse for ignorance that you as a boss should not be discussing inappropriate topics with those that work for you that's probably what Cuomo will go with. I hope he resigns though especially over the nursing home debacle.

Honestly conservatives only care because they want a gotcha on liberal 'hypocrisy'. President Trump had way worse allegations of actual sexual assaults and not harassment. He was also caught on camera specifically talking about committing sexual assault on women.

Conservatives laughed it off as locker room talk.

Meanwhile every single 'liberal' I know has been asking for an investigation into these allegations. All the 'Fake' News sites have been accurately reporting on the issue. It's almost like this liberal bias doesn't exist in the manner conservatives want.

I wasn't aware of the no physical or sex aspect. Honestly, that surprises me, I would have thought he was a groper.

He's not going to resign unless overwhelming accusations come forward from the investigation, imo. Even then he's going to be hard to remove.

Conservatives don't care if Cuomo's a sex pest, it's just a political attack/angle for them. They're already back to their "but our amily values, think of the examples we're setting for our children" shtick.

Newjak
I wasn't aware of the no physical or sex aspect. Honestly, that surprises me, I would have thought he was a groper.

He's not going to resign unless overwhelming accusations come forward from the investigation, imo. Even then he's going to be hard to remove.

Conservatives don't care if Cuomo's a sex pest, it's just a political attack/angle for them. They're already back to their "but our amily values, think of the examples we're setting for our children" shtick. I'm only talking about the most recent allegation that I am aware. There may be others.

In that one all I heard was that Cuomo asked her about sex life which included if she had relations with older men. Obviously it's not hard to see that he was soliciting her for sex but I as far as I'm aware there was no groping in this instance. If there was please let me know.

There may have been in previous allegations as well that I'm not aware off.

ilikecomics
The thing most critical for justice is blackstones ratio aka innocent until proven guilty.

Team sport politics are drab.

Men and women working together will always lead to instances like this. I think it should be handled internally with an arbitration team, not blown up onto the news and thrown back in forth in the court of public opinion.

Klaw
He's a public servant, it should be on the news and in the court of public opinion.

ilikecomics
He's a public servant, it should be on the news and in the court of public opinion.

Politicians distort the very incentive structure that would make reputation a valuable currency.
In a free market, reputation becomes hyper emphasized. Think yelp+angie's list but for everything.

Klaw
Now a third woman has come forward.

Source.

Newjak
Now a third woman has come forward.

Source. There are pictures with his hands on her face and it's pretty creepy.

jaden_2.0
There are pictures with his hands on her face and it's pretty creepy.

Well he can't do a Biden cos he's utterly destroyed his nostrils due to years of cocaine abuse. So he has to resort to more tactile sexual harassment.

Klaw
There are pictures with his hands on her face and it's pretty creepy.

Here's what NJ is referring to.

Klaw
Cuomo refuses to resign.

Quincy
Cuomo refuses to resign.

what a dbag

Klaw
He says he never touched anyone inappropriately, yet we have pictures of him doing just that to one of his accusers.

Hilarious.

cdtm
Cuomo refuses to resign.

Get 'em Cuomo, show Trump how a real man acts. thumb up

Klaw
laughing

Klaw
Two more women have come forward.

That makes 5 so far iirc.

Old Man Whirly!
Two more women have come forward.

That makes 5 so far iirc. Whilst he's probably a piece of shit it's still far less than Trump. I hope we all act consistently with our opinions here. smile

Newjak
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Whilst he's probably a piece of shit it's still far less than Trump. I hope we all act consistently with our opinions here. smile Yeah I'm already seeing Fox cover this differently than say the allegations against Brett Kavanough.

Klaw
Innocent until proven guilty.

I've always been consistent.

Bashar Teg
The majority of House Democrats from New York on Friday called on Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign from office in the wake of sexual harassment allegations and his handling of Covid-19 deaths at state nursing homes.

smile

Klaw
He shouldn't have to resign unless he's found guilty of these accusations or he admits to them.

Bashar Teg
nah. wrong as always. no2

Klaw
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nah. wrong as always. no2

Why should innocent people have to resign?

Do you know what "Innocent until proven guilty" is?

Bashar Teg
he's obviously not innocent of the nursing home scandal. also his accusers are numerous and close enough to warrant enough suspicion to call for an elected officials' resignation. "you have to be wait for a conviction and pretend that the scandal doesn't exist" is willful enablement of nefarious slime bags. like that president who had 25+ rape accusations.

cdtm
Kind of surprised he isn't trying to flee the country at this point.

I mean, he'd probably get caught, but he's pretty much just waiting for the authorities to haul him away now.

eThneoLgrRnae
The sexual harassment claims are bad enough, but the much bigger crime is what he allowed to happen to nursing home residents.

Funny how no one is really focusing on that anymore.

Klaw
he's obviously not innocent of the nursing home scandal. also his accusers are numerous and close enough to warrant enough suspicion to call for an elected officials' resignation. "you have to be wait for a conviction and pretend that the scandal doesn't exist" is willful enablement of nefarious slime bags. like that president who had 25+ rape accusations.

The nursing home thing is bad, he should be investigated and prosecuted if appropriate.

And if we don't wait for convictions, then we just pressure people to resign based on accusations.

How does that make sense?

Anyone can be accused by anyone of anything.

Newjak
The nursing home thing is bad, he should be investigated and prosecuted if appropriate.

And if we don't wait for convictions, then we just pressure people to resign based on accusations.

How does that make sense?

Anyone can be accused by anyone of anything. Well this also assumes all people in office should only leave early if they are criminally convicted of something.

Asking people resign is just about criminal endeavors.

Klaw
Well this also assumes all people in office should only leave early if they are criminally convicted of something.

Asking people resign is just about criminal endeavors.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Bashar Teg
yes you are.

BackFire
Mother****er needs to go.

Newjak
I'm not sure what you mean? I meant that you don't always have to wait until a conviction to tell someone to resign

Klaw
I meant that you don't always have to wait until a conviction to tell someone to resign

Oh.

Of course that's true.

I'm just saying he shouldn't resign unless he admits it and/or is found guilty.

Bashar Teg
lulz now cuomo is refusing to resign, and raging against "cancel culture". oh ffs just switch parties, so we can all be done with this. republicans don't care that your killed their grandparents with negligence over covid. Just look how they still bend the knee to trump.

cdtm
That was China's fault.

Only half joking, the Right could put a little more blame on the leader of the US, and the left could stop sucking China's cock with all the Tiktok publicity and actually call them out as the monsters they are.

Klaw
A sixth woman has now come forward.

Bashar Teg
so...how about that cuomo?

naughty, naughty!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/cuomo-ag-report-fallout-key-points/index.html

what is it with new york italian politicians? they seem to rise very high and then utterly disgrace themselves. as a half-Italian, it's personally embarrassing. rudy...

Klaw
So what's the next step?

Prosecution?

Impeachment?

The conduct they found was disturbing.

Robtard
so...how about that cuomo?

naughty, naughty!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/cuomo-ag-report-fallout-key-points/index.html

what is it with new york italian politicians? they seem to rise very high and then utterly disgrace themselves. as a half-Italian, it's personally embarrassing. rudy...

If Cuomo had any dignity, he would step down.

ShadowFyre
Cuomo just looks guilty

Bashar Teg
If Cuomo had any dignity, he would step down.

or as i suggested long ago: he could just switch parties. republican perverts ignore their subpoenas and play the victim

Robtard
or as i suggested long ago: he could just switch parties. republican perverts ignore their subpoenas and play the victim

I did legit chuckle, so true.

Speaking of, so odd seeing Trumpers who defended Trump's 20+ and decades long sexual predator accusations, attacking Cuomo over his.

Robtard
Cuomo is doing the right thing and resigning.

cdtm

Was thinking more the smart thing.

If he's impeached, doesn't he lose everything? Retirement, and whatever perks come with being a former governor.

I mean, Nixon resigned not because he was noble, he just didn't want to lose his golden parachute.

cdtm
https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/lawmakers-plan-to-introduce-bill-stripping-state-pensions-from-those-impeached

Huh.

Turns out he'd keep the pension either way.

Well, that makes it easier to laud his decision.

Bashar Teg

good thumb up

Robtard
Wonder what would have happened if Cuomo went on TV with a high level of indignant rage and ranted how he's innocent, how the accusations are affecting his family; especially his kids and noted how much he likes beer.

Klaw
Aged like milk.

I wonder if they still love him now?

Bashar Teg
Wonder what would have happened if Cuomo went on TV with a high level of indignant rage and ranted how he's innocent, how the accusations are affecting his family; especially his kids and noted how much he likes beer.

he would need an "R" next to his title to get away with that (very easily), so instead he gets the D

Robtard
Aged like milk.

I wonder if they still love him now?

TheBlaze, Eh-oh-El.

Robtard
he would need an "R" next to his title to get away with that (very easily), so instead he gets the D

https://c.tenor.com/LZhMcuxQiaUAAAAC/obama-fair-enough.gif

Bashar Teg
this morning i read that he was in a "fighting mood", which really struck me as him teetering over the edge of the anti-reality abyss that trump lives in. glad someone finally reached him

Robtard
So it's settled, when a Democrat is outed as being a sexual abuser, they're generally held accountable. When a Republican is outed, they stay in office.

cdtm
Sure.

If you're comfortable being as dirty as your hated enemy, then that's a perfectly reasonable position.

Bashar Teg
So it's settled, when a Democrat is outed as being a sexual abuser, they're generally held accountable. When a Republican is outed, they stay in office.

yup, republicunts make sure that their sex abuse victims are attacked/smeared/silenced, and indefinitely stalling or derailing the legal process all together, which of course means they're innocent. standard republicunt tactic

Robtard
Sure.

If you're comfortable being as dirty as your hated enemy, then that's a perfectly reasonable position.

I feel like you didn't understand what I actually wrote and imagined in your head that I said something else?

I'm saying there is a difference as we've seen again with Cuomo being held accountable from the Left and resigning. If the Left supported him like the Right supports their own sexual abusers, he'd have fought on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.