What if the Q Continuum invaded the Marvel U?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who short of TOAA could stop them?

Bentley
Reed with prep

Stoic
So the Secret Wars all over again. Doom finds a way.

deft
Hulk without his pants.

Sin I AM
He'd probably fangirl over cap and really not do anything

BruceSkywalker
Q would stomp

Sin I AM
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Q would stomp

Naw

leonidas
anyone even know what exactly the Q are? has it ever been revealed in a comic somewhere?

lawest9
Originally posted by leonidas
anyone even know what exactly the Q are? has it ever been revealed in a comic somewhere? It's been revealed on a ST:TNG episode that they are a race of nigh omnipotent beings.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Naw

Yah

they are nigh omnipotent beings
anyone even know what exactly the Q are? has it ever been revealed in a comic somewhere?

Sin I AM

Just another highly evolved race. They have weaknesses hence the "nigh". There are many characters in marvel that could give them pause. Since Marvel has many "nigh" omnipotent beings.

Diesldude

Diesldude

Sin I AM

Adam Grimes
Just another highly evolved race. They have weaknesses hence the "nigh". There are many characters in marvel that could give them pause. Since Marvel has many "nigh" omnipotent beings. In Marvel not even TOAA is completely omnipotent. Not sure I see this point.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
In Marvel not even TOAA is completely omnipotent. Not sure I see this point.

My point is since the q aren't omnipotent and have limitations they would be wrecked just as easily as the dozens of other not quite omnipotent beings who roll thru. Inna feat contest it's no contest.

Adam Grimes
My point is since the q aren't omnipotent and have limitations they would be wrecked just as easily as the dozens of other not quite omnipotent beings who roll thru. Inna feat contest it's no contest. But, are all nigh omnipotent beings equally powerful?

Diesldude

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
But, are all nigh omnipotent beings equally powerful?

No. There are tiers just like at lower levels. Mxy is nigh omni so is LT but noone would place them as equals. It all boils down to feats. So when someone says Q stomps I immediately question it because in their limited appearances they've not done anything beyond universal level. But I could be wrong although I doubt it. The biggest detractors for them are they can die, they are intimidated/curious about human development and they're are weapons that can harm them thatare outside their power to defend against.

lawest9
Good evening Sin, what are these weapons that can harm the Q?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by lawest9
Good evening Sin, what are these weapons that can harm the Q? q weapons dear, please keep up

lawest9
q weapons dear, please keep up Please be more specific, what good would these weapons be for this battle if only the Q could create them?

cdtm

Voyager established they were a race with highly advanced science.

The voyager crew even participated in a Q war, were given Q weapons that essentially spit out suns but looked like muskets to their limited senses.

Sin I AM
Please be more specific, what good would these weapons be for this battle if only the Q could create them?

I wasn't referring to the battle. Only their limitations and the misconception of their status

lawest9
I wasn't referring to the battle. Only their limitations and the misconception of their status So what level of power would you place them?

Sin I AM
So what level of power would you place them?

Cosmic cube.

Diesldude
Cosmic cube. we agree on this. thumb up

Stoic
Yeah in Marvel they'd be roughly as powerful as Cube beings, which is pretty powerful, but they'd be below the LT.

Astner
Didn't Q mention that he could change the gravitational constant at whim. If he can do that then he should be able to alter Planck's contant too, which makes it possible for him to subatomically disrupt all matter in the universe.

Maybe some of the Abstracts would be able to endure it, but given their history against characters composed of matter I doubt it.

Astner
Originally posted by cdtm
The voyager crew even participated in a Q war, were given Q weapons that essentially spit out suns but looked like muskets to their limited senses.
Wasn't it that the Civil War caused ripples in the fabric of the universe causing stars to go nova?

The muskets themselves was just how the limited senses of the crew percieved the weapons. Granted, it was stupid, but it didn't suggest that the weapons could only destroy stars.

lawest9
Originally posted by Astner
Wasn't it that the Civil War caused ripples in the fabric of the universe causing stars to go nova?

The muskets themselves was just how the limited senses of the crew percieved the weapons. Granted, it was stupid, but it didn't suggest that the weapons could only destroy stars. Exactly.

-Pr-

The muskets themselves was just how the limited senses of the crew percieved the weapons. Granted, it was stupid, but it didn't suggest that the weapons could only destroy stars.

Yeah. Anytime the Voyager crew were in the continuum they were being shown something that their limited perceptions could process. But the weapons themselves were only destroying stars as part of "galactic crossfire". There's no telling how much damage a straight shot would actually do.

For anyone interested:

Didn't Q mention that he could change the gravitational constant at whim. If he can do that then he should be able to alter Planck's contant too, which makes it possible for him to subatomically disrupt all matter in the universe.

Maybe some of the Abstracts would be able to endure it, but given their history against characters composed of matter I doubt it.

He did, yes. And made it sound like it would be very easy.

leonidas
pr a trekkie?? damn, aren't you just a regular box of chocolates! lol i think i blocked out most of voyager. i should rewatch. janeway was just such an abomination imo... sad

q must appear in some of the novels i'd guess. maybe i'll check one out.

cdtm
Would they even have powers in the MCU?

If they could hand regular people weapons that kill Q, it stands to reason their powers may be based on tech set up in their universe.

Like the Squire of Gothos had a bunch of technology behind a mirror that enhanced his god like power.

cdtm
pr a trekkie?? damn, aren't you just a regular box of chocolates! lol i think i blocked out most of voyager. i should rewatch. janeway was just such an abomination imo... sad

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek.php

You should watch SF Debris's Voyager videos, I think you'd like his take on Janeway. smile

leonidas
thumb up

-Pr-

To an obscene degree. Voyager is not my favourite series. Nosiree.

cdtm
Read a few of the books. Metamorphosis was good, where Data becomes human.

That moment he tries to catch heavy equipment falling on someone, instead of pushing both out of the way.

lawest9
Originally posted by -Pr-
To an obscene degree. Voyager is not my favourite series. Nosiree. Funny.........it's my second favorite Trek show behind the original and before TNG or DS9.

Diesldude
Would they even have powers in the MCU?

If they could hand regular people weapons that kill Q, it stands to reason their powers may be based on tech set up in their universe.

Like the Squire of Gothos had a bunch of technology behind a mirror that enhanced his god like power. yeah that was tech based, like Apollo in the original series. The Greek gods were aliens with superior tech. But I think Q are just evolved beings.

Sin I AM
Iirc the Q we're referred to as entities. Which could either mean evolved beings or abstracts. I wonder will he make an appearance on Picard

lawest9
Iirc the Q we're referred to as entities. Which could either mean evolved beings or abstracts. I wonder will he make an appearance on Picard I read somewhere that he was slated to put in an appearance.

Sin I AM
I read somewhere that he was slated to put in an appearance. yeah I read that too, I think the issue is the narrative. Q is supposed to be immortal and he's obviously aged. I hope they don't go the CGI route and simply make his appearance how Picard and others see him now.

lawest9
yeah I read that too, I think the issue is the narrative. Q is supposed to be immortal and he's obviously aged. I hope they don't go the CGI route and simply make his appearance how Picard and others see him now. Wouldn't they have to do that if they brought a DATA clone or look a like back?

Sin I AM
Wouldn't they have to do that if they brought a DATA clone or look a like back?

Probably. I'm just not a fan of CGI in the trek universe tbh

lawest9
Probably. I'm just not a fan of CGI in the trek universe tbh I'm not a big fan of it in practically anything.

cdtm
Just say Q aged because he wants to.

He's Q, he can do what he wants.

-Pr-
Funny.........it's my second favorite Trek show behind the original and before TNG or DS9.

DS9>TNG>TOS>VOY>ENT>DIS>PIC

For me at least.

lawest9
For a long time I found DS9 boring but then when the dominion war kicked in with the arrival of Worf I picked up a wide interest in it.

Aakla
Originally posted by Stoic
So the Secret Wars all over again. Doom finds a way.

-Pr-
For a long time I found DS9 boring but then when the dominion war kicked in with the arrival of Worf I picked up a wide interest in it.

I think DS9 gets much better with age, so if you get the chance, I would definitely go back and give it a look.

cdtm
First few seasons are really slow, yeah.

Levar Burton years were gold.

Badabing
I think DS9 gets much better with age, so if you get the chance, I would definitely go back and give it a look. Just rewatched DS9. I like it better this time around than when it first aired. There were a few cringe worthy episodes though. I still think Avery Books is creepy with his close talking, awkward smiling and gazing into people's eyes. That did get better after the first few seasons.

Sin I AM
DS9>TNG>TOS>VOY>ENT>DIS>PIC

For me at least.

Picard that low huh? Care to say y

lawest9
Originally posted by Badabing
Just rewatched DS9. I like it better this time around than when it first aired. There were a few cringe worthy episodes though. I still think Avery Books is creepy with his close talking, awkward smiling and gazing into people's eyes. That did get better after the first few seasons. As a black man I appreciated Gene Roddenberrys idea of making a black man in charge of a Starfleet space station, but some of my friends felt that Avery Brooks ( who is an talented actor ) was the wrong actor for Capt. Sisko, Brooks made his mark playing a man called Hawk on Spenser for Hire, he and Bob Urich played well off of each other, other black actors would have been a better Sisko, Brooks persona gave off too much of an air militancy

Sin I AM
Wasn't that the whole point of Sisko? I always considered him an anti-picard

lawest9
Wasn't that the whole point of Sisko? I always considered him an anti-picard He may have been anti Picard because Picard was responsible for his wife's death at the Borg battle of wolf 357, when Picard was controlled by the Borg.

Sin I AM
He may have been anti Picard because Picard was responsible for his wife's death at the Borg battle of wolf 357, when Picard was controlled by the Borg.

Not just that though. I mean overall. Sisko didn't play with Q like Picard did. He wasn't above cheating and playing dirty. I would love to see them interact more

lawest9
Not just that though. I mean overall. Sisko didn't play with Q like Picard did. He wasn't above cheating and playing dirty. I would love to see them interact more True.

cdtm
Avery Brooks definitely overacted.

But when you think about it, that's more true to William Shatner legacy then a broadway actor like Patrick Stewart.

lawest9
Avery Brooks definitely overacted.

But when you think about it, that's more true to William Shatner legacy then a broadway actor like Patrick Stewart. I don't think anyone over did it like Bill Shatner honestly, often to the point where it became almost comical.

Badabing
As a black man I appreciated Gene Roddenberrys idea of making a black man in charge of a Starfleet space station, but some of my friends felt that Avery Brooks ( who is an talented actor ) was the wrong actor for Capt. Sisko, Brooks made his mark playing a man called Hawk on Spenser for Hire, he and Bob Urich played well off of each other, other black actors would have been a better Sisko, Brooks persona gave off too much of an air militancy I'm almost 50, so I remember Spenser for Hire. thumb up

I should have been clearer with my post. I know Avery Brooks is a good actor. And I didn't mind him as Sisko from season 4 and on. Just the first few seasons his character portrayal just seemed off to me with the creepy laughing/smiling, gazing into people's eyes and jerky head movement.

He's still better than Janeway, and everyone on Discovery.

lawest9
I'm almost 50, so I remember Spenser for Hire. thumb up

I should have been clearer with my post. I know Avery Brooks is a good actor. And I didn't mind him as Sisko from season 4 and on. Just the first few seasons his character portrayal just seemed off to me with the creepy laughing/smiling, gazing into people's eyes and jerky head movement.

He's still better than Janeway, and everyone on Discovery. I agree, but if you are 50 then I got ya by 10 years😊

Old Man Whirly!
I don't think anyone over did it like Bill Shatner honestly, often to the point where it became almost comical. I think Shatner and John de Lancie on the same screen would have shattered the q continuum and broken the final frontier. Epic! I would love a crisis/five doctors deep fake where all the captains across all screen media teamed up. Who can imagine that?

lawest9
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I think Shatner and John de Lancie on the same screen would have shattered the q continuum and broken the final frontier. Epic! I would love a crisis/five doctors deep fake where all the captains across all screen media teamed up. Who can imagine that? That would be incredible.

Old Man Whirly!
That would be incredible. imagine kirk and picard in their Prime vs Ricardo Khan and Law.

Badabing
I think Shatner and John de Lancie on the same screen would have shattered the q continuum and broken the final frontier. Epic! I would love a crisis/five doctors deep fake where all the captains across all screen media teamed up. Who can imagine that? Shatner Kirk and Q on the same screen...

https://i.postimg.cc/qBZSG6BD/Antonio-Banderas.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/5NC7qPRj/Waterboy.gif

lawest9
imagine kirk and picard in their Prime vs Ricardo Khan and Law. Who is Law?

leonidas
I think Shatner and John de Lancie on the same screen would have shattered the q continuum and broken the final frontier. Epic! I would love a crisis/five doctors deep fake where all the captains across all screen media teamed up. Who can imagine that?

they wanted an original/tng crossover with the movie--why the FUKC they didn't use q to create the meeting i will NEVER know! they had the absolute perfect deux ex machina and they completely ignored it.

and bada is almost 50?? no wonder you've always been my fave mod! laughing out loud

and i'm even more pumped that lawest is older than me! thumb up thumb up

Badabing
Leo, which Bada do you like more, Fat Bada or Fit Bada? I thought you knew my almost elderly age. Lol old

My 5am Thanksgiving workout pic. Happy Thanksgiving!

https://i.postimg.cc/yN2pBvh4/Nov-2020.jpg

This is me Feb, 2018 at a Super Bowl party. About 18 months after I tore up my knee.

https://i.postimg.cc/4NhdxdRD/2018.jpg

embarrasment

lawest9
they wanted an original/tng crossover with the movie--why the FUKC they didn't use q to create the meeting i will NEVER know! they had the absolute perfect deux ex machina and they completely ignored it.

and bada is almost 50?? no wonder you've always been my fave mod! laughing out loud

and i'm even more pumped that lawest is older than me! thumb up thumb up Turned 60 in January, God is good.

Sin I AM
Fat bada seems like the guy that's about to get whacked in an Italian bar for skimming off the top of the take. Fit bada looks like the hs gym teacher who "accidentally" sent a selfie to the cheerleading squad.

Badabing
Turned 60 in January, God is good. Happy belated birthday.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Fat bada seems like the guy that's about to get whacked in an Italian bar for skimming off the top of the take. Fit bada looks like the hs gym teacher who "accidentally" sent a selfie to the cheerleading squad. What the...laughing out loud

lawest9
Happy belated birthday. What the...laughing out loud Thank you sir.

Old Man Whirly!
Shatner Kirk and Q on the same screen...

https://i.postimg.cc/qBZSG6BD/Antonio-Banderas.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/5NC7qPRj/Waterboy.gif it would be perfect.Originally posted by lawest9
Who is Law? Data's evil brother.Originally posted by leonidas

and i'm even more pumped that lawest is older than me! thumb up thumb up My plot's are simple ones, acts of vengeance Q test different csptains with each others villains and are communicating with each other zoom style via view screens while the captains are all beamed down against there wills to a game planet to find the big bad has manipulated Q and they have to individual pass a few trials as they meet and team up to put it all right. They are all deep fake in their Prime. Not original but, would be awesome.

leonidas
Leo, which Bada do you like more, Fat Bada or Fit Bada? I thought you knew my almost elderly age. Lol old

well, fit bada makes me feel like i better start getting my a** to the gym, while fat bada makes me feel like it's okay to sit around and enjoy a huge bowl of cheese puffs. you tell me which one you think i like better...? laughing out loud

lawest9
well, fit bada makes me feel like i better start getting my a** to the gym, while fat bada makes me feel like it's okay to sit around and enjoy a huge bowl of cheese puffs. you tell me which one you think i like better...? laughing out loud Depends on the laziness level, Lol!!!!!!!

Badabing
it would be perfect. Data's evil brother. My plot's are simple ones, acts of vengeance Q test different csptains with each others villains and are communicating with each other zoom style via view screens while the captains are all beamed down against there wills to a game planet to find the big bad has manipulated Q and they have to individual pass a few trials as they meet and team up to put it all right. They are all deep fake in their Prime. Not original but, would be awesome. Could Shatner Kirk snap Q out of existence if his shirt was torn? mmmOriginally posted by leonidas
well, fit bada makes me feel like i better start getting my a** to the gym, while fat bada makes me feel like it's okay to sit around and enjoy a huge bowl of cheese puffs. you tell me which one you think i like better...? laughing out loud You are a Fat Bada fan. Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.