Aliens: Fireteam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Set decades after the first movie, you & friends must survive alien waves in a class based third person cooperative shooter coming out this summer.

D1GRp19A89A

Better be real gameplay footage this time 'cause this looks good.

cdtm
Oh yeah, let me throw money at this.

Not like I can't just coop Alien Swarm Reactive Drop for free.

Smasandian
I'm less enthused. I want a sequel to Alien: Isolation, which was ****ing amazing.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm less enthused. I want a sequel to Alien: Isolation, which was ****ing amazing. Same. I don't care about horde mode trash, or whatever tis is. AI was the best horror game I've had since OG Silent Hill. No sequel is criminal.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Set decades after the first movie, you & friends must survive alien waves in a class based third person cooperative shooter coming out this summer.

D1GRp19A89A

Better be real gameplay footage this time 'cause this looks good. Do not get your hopes up.

Majority of in-game footage from Colonial Marines was great-looking, and it turned out to be shit. Don't set your expectations too high.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Same. I don't care about horde mode trash, or whatever tis is. AI was the best horror game I've had since OG Silent Hill. No sequel is criminal.

Yeah, I would agree.

I recently replayed the game and its still amazing. They knocked that game out of the ****ing park...in fact, I think I appreciated the game even more because the Alien AI is by far the best in a game...it's incredible.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Do not get your hopes up.

Majority of in-game footage from Colonial Marines was great-looking, and it turned out to be shit. Don't set your expectations too high.

Dude, I was here ranting about Colonial Marines too in the past so chill.

Smasandian
Also...different developer, different game....just because it uses the Alien franchise that people assume its going to be that dumpster fire.

Aside from the fact, the majority of Alien games are OK. You have

Alien Isolation (fantastic)
Alien VS Predator (good when it was released)
Alien VS Predator 2 (amazing game from Monolith...and forgotten)
Alien VS Predator remake (less great but not terrible)

And then you have Alien Colonial Marines......(I know I missed a few probably)

Kazenji
Colonial Marines is pretty good on PC you can at least make it playable with a Mod

as for this game When i watching the trailer, Thought it was gonna be like Left 4 Dead but with Xenomorph. but after reading the description it's like CoD zombies.

-Pr-
I've no interest in Alien Isolation type games (i recognise that it's a good game, it's just not for me), but any game where I get to be a Colonial Marine and shoot xenomorphs that isn't a dumpster fire is something I'd definitely check out.

Nemesis X
Same but I'm fine with either an Alien survival horror or an action shooter.

cdtm
Also...different developer, different game....just because it uses the Alien franchise that people assume its going to be that dumpster fire.

Aside from the fact, the majority of Alien games are OK. You have

Alien Isolation (fantastic)
Alien VS Predator (good when it was released)
Alien VS Predator 2 (amazing game from Monolith...and forgotten)
Alien VS Predator remake (less great but not terrible)

And then you have Alien Colonial Marines......(I know I missed a few probably)

Alien Isolation is good?

Left it alone on Epic Games Store because thought I heard something about Alien games being bad.

Smasandian
Well... I think it's amazing. It's done by Creative Assembly.

The Alien AI is fantastic, it can be legit scary because it's not scripted. And it nails the Alien vibe from the the original Alien movie. The design is impeccable and was able to recreate the feeling of the original movie. Which is a tall order because most Alien games rehash the sequel.

Jmanghan
Alien Isolation is fantastic.

It's not that Alien Games are bad... It's just that the last time we had an Alien FPS game, it quickly became hailed as one of the worst games of all time.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Alien Isolation is fantastic.

It's not that Alien Games are bad... It's just that the last time we had an Alien FPS game, it quickly became hailed as one of the worst games of all time.

Only 'cause Randy dumped everything on the least resourceful partner team, took Gearbox's priorities elsewhere and left publishers in the dark. One A-hole ruining an Alien shooter shouldn't bar anymore from being made.

Smasandian
And one bad doesn't taint other games made from the IP.

Alien vs Predator 2 is amazing.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
Alien Isolation is good?

Left it alone on Epic Games Store because thought I heard something about Alien games being bad. It's the best survival horror game we had all gen. Yes, over the RE games. Amazing experience

Kazenji

Alien vs Predator 2 is amazing.

That one is ****en great, How that is not on any digital stores for more people to enjoy baffles me.

cdtm
Starting Alien Isolation.

They certainly captured the look and feel of the film. Basic calculator in and crt screens in the far future. smile

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
Starting Alien Isolation. in_love

Enjoy. I legit envy you experiencing that gem for the first time

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
That one is ****en great, How that is not on any digital stores for more people to enjoy baffles me.

Probably the same reason why NOFL and NOFL are not there either. I think it's a license nightmare.

-Pr-
RZco0Da52K0

cdtm
I don't know, not feeling it.

cdtm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJFbHVc3wo

Big shoes to fill, Alien Swarm was the definitive Aliens coop experience.

-Pr-
..If you say so.

Still, I can see myself really liking Fireteam as long it has something of a narrative to it.

Colonial Marines had a terrible story on top of terrible gameplay.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
..If you say so.

Still, I can see myself really liking Fireteam as long it has something of a narrative to it.

Colonial Marines had a terrible story on top of terrible gameplay.

You never played Alien Swarm? eek!

It's free on Steam. Reactive Drop is the one to get, fan version expands gameplay with mods.

Personally, I liked Alien Breed more, but it wasn't as good for Coop.

Smasandian
This will probably be a perfect Game Pass game....

Basically, I'm assuming this will be dead a few months in...and then released on Game Pass, Epic Store (for free) and will bring back more people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.