MCU - Secret Invasion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Early details:

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/03/01/secret-invasion-3-characters/? fbclid=IwAR2gjyuP14W8UZ2FAChFOHNQ6rza6aDYC9LueWS89
sA037WxUDpY2elDNu8

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
how truthful is that site

-Pr-

riv6672
Time was, I believed everything I read on the internet was true... huh

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Same.

No idea, but other sites like screenrant, cbr and nerdist are reporting it.

Then again, they could all have the same source so who knows.

i do think that Secret Invasion is coming though in light of Captain Marvel 2 possibly having Veranke as the villain

Originally posted by riv6672
Time was, I believed everything I read on the internet was true... huh

well hell yea everything we read on the internet is always true lololololol

riv6672
^^^so true!

tkitna
Any chance they bring in the Sentry?

riv6672
Man I hope not.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Any chance they bring in the Sentry?

Sentry is coming

tkitna
Man I hope not.

Awww, come on man. big grin

riv6672
Awww, come on man. big grin
No!

BruceSkywalker
Sentry is coming guys although im not sure if it will be in secret invasion

BruceSkywalker
Olivia Colman and Emilia Clarke have joined..

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/emilia-clarke-secret-invasion-marvel-1234955746/

cdtm
Sentry sucks!

tkitna
Originally posted by cdtm
Sentry sucks!

Your mean

jaden_2.0
qZVTkn2NjS0

ares834
This actually looks like it might be good.

Pretty shocking considering how bad most of their other shows have been.

BruceSkywalker
looks pretty good so hopefully it will be

jaden_2.0
Yeah looks like much more in line with Winter Soldier in terms of it being a spy thriller type of thing and Winter Soldier is easily in my top 5 favourite MCU movies so I'll probably give this a go.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
qZVTkn2NjS0

It barely looks like a Marvel show.

And that's probably the best thing it has going for it.

tkitna
So its pretty much a Fury solo flick. Ehhh

Patient_Leech
No!

That sig image is win. thumb up

Darth Thor
Kinda looks good tbh.

TheVaultDweller
The MCU really needs something that takes itself a bit more seriously at this point. They've leaned so hard into the quips and jokes in recent times that they're falling into self-parody.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That sig image is win. thumb up

Ty, so is yours, the background color really makes that Dino pop!

Jaden_3.0
Tp_YZNqNBhw

cdtm
Oh joy a shitty comic book arc made into a woke af disney abomination.

Jaden_3.0
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/U2_in_Auckland_%2849041710751%29.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Like most comic TV and film stuff, it will be watchable, pointless and forgettable. Am I the only one who kind of has all this rubbish melding into one load of shite in my memory, yes, that makes me a dc/mcu shit head, no doubt.

Jaden_3.0

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Like most comic TV and film stuff, it will be watchable, pointless and forgettable. Am I the only one who kind of has all this rubbish melding into one load of shite in my memory, yes, that makes me a dc/mcu shit head, no doubt.

Have you read the comic event? It was awful imo.

A lot of comic book events tend to be though, MCU actually did make better shows from bad material.

Except for Iron Fist sadly, not sure how it could have been better. Fact is Finn Jones was a good Danny characterization wise, he nailed the "spiritual flake" that embodies his comic book counterpart. Perhaps the truth is the movie audience simply would not like an Iron Fist, no matter how well made.

tkitna
Originally posted by cdtm

Except for Iron Fist sadly, not sure how it could have been better. Fact is Finn Jones was a good Danny characterization wise, he nailed the "spiritual flake" that embodies his comic book counterpart. Perhaps the truth is the movie audience simply would not like an Iron Fist, no matter how well made.

Shang-Chi was accepted and he's basically a more boring version of Iron Fist. Iron Fist failed because Finn Jones was awful playing the character and the writing and story sucked.

cdtm
Finn acting was spot on, the casting was perfect there. Read Immortal Iron Fist or anything since Matt Fraction and Ed Brewbakers run, he's as devil may care as Finn made him.

BruceSkywalker
Shang-Chi was accepted and he's basically a more boring version of Iron Fist. Iron Fist failed because Finn Jones was awful playing the character and the writing and story sucked.

finn jones, i believe is not returning like a few others are

Old Man Whirly!

BruceSkywalker
wednesaday, LET'S GOOOOOOOO

cdtm
Spot on, although I enjoy Mando even now more than most mcu drivel.

Shows these days don't compare to what came past.

They have a lot of classics on Archive.org, introduce your kids to AI upscaled Gargoyles or Invader Zim...🥰

Even an AI upscale Xmen animated series.

BruceSkywalker
first episode was surprisingly wondrous. that is coining from someone who hardly ever watches espionage stuff...

tkitna
I enjoyed the first episode.

Robtard
Not bad for a 1st ep.

BruceSkywalker
2nd ep was impressive..

enjoying kingsley ben-adir as the heel

didn't know chrlayne woodward's character was going to be a skrull

also i suspect the super skrull might be hinted at by the 6th and final episode

tkitna
2nd episode was even better than the 1st. Glad to see Fury finally getting out of the gate.

carthage
This show is boring as ****

Robtard
Show focuses more on plot than spandex. Probably why.

Anyhow, ep2 was better than one.

BruceSkywalker
i just wish this show was gonna be longer than 6 eps but I've enjoyed it..

also Gravik might be the Super Skrull

tkitna
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i just wish this show was gonna be longer than 6 eps but I've enjoyed it..

also Gravik might be the Super Skrull

I believe he is after the restaurant scene.

I'm liking this show more after every episode and I didnt think I would.

BruceSkywalker

thumb up thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by carthage
This show is boring as **** thumb up

TheVaultDweller

It looked like he has Extremis. The glowy red/fiery regeneration is one of the abilities it gives you and I noticed it mentioned on the list on the pc from the scientist's lab (along with notes on Cull and some others) in a previous episode.

Galan007
Yeah, Gravik was definitely using Extremis to heal there.

The computer in episode 2 listed: Groot, the Frost Beast, Cull Obsidian, and Extremis.

My opinion:

Those traits will be used to sorta/kinda mimic the Super-Skrull's abilities from the comics.

-Extremis will glean something akin to Human Torch's flames, given the heat-based attacks we saw Killian use(and you also get the added bonus of regen.)
-Groot's genetics will glean something akin to Reed's elasticity, given that it can be used to extend/enhance limbs and whatnot.
-Cull's genetics will glean something akin to Thing's super-strength.

The only "?" is if we'll see something akin to Sue's invisibility. I guess that *could* be where the Frost Beast's genetics come into play, but I dunno... /shrug

Robtard
The others make sense, but how in the **** did they get Frost Beast DNA?

Galan007
Wasn't there one running around on earth after Thor 2?

Robtard
Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't there one running around on earth after Thor 2?

I don't recall, would make sense.

BruceSkywalker
episode 4 was nice and fast paced

Emilia Clarke being alive was not shocking at all

Talos dying was sad

said it b4 so shall again Kingsley Ben-Adir has been killing it

BruceSkywalker
episode 5..

good words between fury and olivia colman who is a hoot btw...

also great scenes with fury's wife and Gaia

BruceSkywalker
just watched series finale

i like this series a lot especially since i do not care for espionage stuff

looking forward to more of Gaia, but I;m sure when she'll return

NemeBro
Heard this series blows ass, that accurate?

Galan007
Pretty much, yeah. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by NemeBro
Heard this series blows ass, that accurate? Heard the MCU blows ass, is this accurate?

tkitna
I liked the series as a whole, but thought the finale was underwhelming.

NemeBro
Heard the MCU blows ass, is this accurate? Kinda, yeah.

Old Man Whirly!
Kinda, yeah. thumb up

tkitna
Heard the MCU blows ass, is this accurate?

Could be worse. Could be stuck watching movies like the Flash.

Old Man Whirly!
Could be worse. Could be stuck watching movies like the Flash. I think the Flash was better than most fave 5 movies. But, I don't think the Flash is a good movie. Almost all superhero movies and TV in recent years are bad imho.

tkitna
I think the Flash was better than most fave 5 movies. But, I don't think the Flash is a good movie. Almost all superhero movies and TV in recent years are bad imho.

I dont know man. There's a reason the Flash is the biggest superhero movie flop of all time and it wasnt because it was better than a lot of other movies. It was a pile of dog crap. GotG 3 was average and it was a million times better than Flash, but to each their own.

Old Man Whirly!
I dont know man. There's a reason the Flash is the biggest superhero movie flop of all time and it wasnt because it was better than a lot of other movies. It was a pile of dog crap. GotG 3 was average and it was a million times better than Flash, but to each their own. Absolutely, they are all bad films.

Old Man Whirly!
That's phase 5 not fave 5 btw.

TheVaultDweller
Heard this series blows ass, that accurate?

It showed some potential at the start IMO, but then it just fell off a cliff after a few episodes.

TheVaultDweller
Absolutely, they are all bad films.

Most of the superhero shows and films have ranged from mediocre to dog shit in the last couple of years.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Most of the superhero shows and films have ranged from mediocre to dog shit in the last couple of years. thumb up Spot on! We need a break from them imho.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Most of the superhero shows and films have ranged from mediocre to dog shit in the last couple of years.

I think its because they are now making movies about characters that not many people care about. You can only rehash the same old characters so many times, but a lot of the newer stuff have characters that are irrelevant to most people and that makes it hard.

Old Man Whirly!
I think its because they are now making movies about characters that not many people care about. You can only rehash the same old characters so many times, but a lot of the newer stuff have characters that are irrelevant to most people and that makes it hard. I'll be honest, I think they are mostly bad films and the characters barely resemble their comic counterparts.

tkitna
I'll be honest, I think they are mostly bad films and the characters barely resemble their comic counterparts.

Not arguing about the poorly written part, but honestly, the part about the characters only resonates with die hard comic fans and i'm not sure thats the intended audience anymore. I think teenagers and kids are the primary audience and thats why the majority of the films rely on goofiness and large acts of CGI.

Old Man Whirly!
Not arguing about the poorly written part, but honestly, the part about the characters only resonates with die hard comic fans and i'm not sure thats the intended audience anymore. I think teenagers and kids are the primary audience and thats why the majority of the films rely on goofiness and large acts of CGI. Exactly, they are bad kids films.

cdtm
This Skrull thing reminds me of that story where a male skrull was stuck in female form.

Wonder how that works for Skrulls. Is it purely cosmetic like our surgeries, or are they fully functional in ways the Trans community can only dream?

Nuke Nixon
They're accurate down to the DNA level. So the skrull lady playing Rhodey was trans, sneaky bit that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.