The relationship thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Where do you guys take a girl on the first date, and do you pay?

Quincy
First date depends on comfort level, sometimes something low pressure like coffee and a walk through downtown.

Otherwise I will take my date to dinner, where I typically will pay. I try to have my dinner dates in a location that allows us to walk around a bit and explore, and in doing so leaves us open to stop in a little bakery or get tea or something. At this point my dates more often than not offer to pick up the tab on something extra like that, which I find very generous and I'm sure to be thankful.

But there isn't a specific date place I always go. In fact, if I kept taking girls to the same place on a first date, I'd feel kinda gross about it. I try to customize or tailor make each date depending on person. Make sure to know their dietary restrictions too.

Klaw
That makes sense about where to take her.

I don't believe on paying for the first date myself.

Blakemore
Usually a meal, coffee or a film... We always just pay for ourselves, even when I offer to pay for her

Robtard
Originally posted by Klaw
That makes sense about where to take her.

I don't believe on paying for the first date myself.

Quincy gave you good advice and do at least offer to pay, it's just polite. She may offer to split the bill or pay for it herself and that's fine too.

Newjak
Dinner and some type of activity like axe throwing or going for a walk.

I always let them know before hand that I want to have each person pay for themselves so I'm up front about it.

Klaw
Originally posted by Robtard
Quincy gave you good advice and do at least offer to pay, it's just polite. She may offer to split the bill or pay for it herself and that's fine too.

Why is it polite for one person to offer to pay?

Robtard

Just polite to offer first. Did you also not see the end where i said your date may offer to pay instead and that is fine too.

As a general rule, the person who asks for the date, offers to pay. If she asked you, then she should offer first.

edit: Also, kudos for thinking about dating thumb up

Scribble
Why is it polite for one person to offer to pay? See, the way it works is that men have to pay on a first date. It's the reason why gay men don't go on dates: they both have to pay, making the entire meal cost 100% extra. It's also the reason why lesbians date so many different girls, because neither has to pay and they get the meal for free. That's just how the world works. It's just polite Klaw, Quincy gave you good advice, now agree with him.

Klaw
I wouldn't pay for anyone on a date and I would not want her to pay for me.

Robtard
I wouldn't pay for anyone on a date and I would not want her to pay for me.

Like Newjak's post above then, which he is upfront about to his date with his comfort level when it comes to money, it's fine too. There's no "this is the only way" to first dates.

You can ask for separate checks, to avoid any confusion.

jaden_2.0
I wrack up a huge food and drink bill then go to the bar and order the "safe" drink.

Quincy
Originally posted by Scribble
See, the way it works is that men have to pay on a first date. It's the reason why gay men don't go on dates: they both have to pay, making the entire meal cost 100% extra. It's also the reason why lesbians date so many different girls, because neither has to pay and they get the meal for free. That's just how the world works. It's just polite Klaw, Quincy gave you good advice, now agree with him.

This science checks out

Quincy

I don't know about politeness, or some kind of chivalry, but I think it's the gentleman thing to do.

If I ask someone on a date, I'm asking someone for their time, the least I could do is pay for their alaska roll. Dating is tricky, and gender politics probably come into play when it comes to what's proper and what's not. I think it's polite for a man to open a door for a woman.

Honestly I think once things get more comfortable or additional dates happen, splitting the checks is more common. Or taking turns taking care of each other's meals.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Newjak
Dinner and some type of activity like axe throwing or going for a walk.

I always let them know before hand that I want to have each person pay for themselves so I'm up front about it.

Agreed. Each person should pay his own way. And the date should be an activity that you can do together. I do not like meal dates.

ilikecomics
I took my gf on a date to a book store.
It sent the signal that I care about literacy and we had a great time looking around. It also removed the paying problem. We go back there quite a bit and I always think about how we met there.

rudester
Whaaaat is this dayte?

Klaw
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Agreed. Each person should pay his own way. And the date should be an activity that you can do together. I do not like meal dates.

Why don't you like meal dates?

Originally posted by ilikecomics
I took my gf on a date to a book store.
It sent the signal that I care about literacy and we had a great time looking around. It also removed the paying problem. We go back there quite a bit and I always think about how we met there.

Book store sounds very cool.

Although for me, it would a comic book store.

Newjak

Although for me, it would a comic book store. I don't know his specific reasons but for me just having a date that is meal just doesn't work.

It's very boring and most people are too nervous to be able to be open.

I think this has been proven through studies, although it's been awhile since I looked it up, that having some type of activity that actually engages your focus allows the people involved to more relaxed.

Creating a better dating experience.

Quincy
I don't know his specific reasons but for me just having a date that is meal just doesn't work.

I think this has been proven through studies, although it's been awhile since I looked it up, that having some type of activity that actually engages your focus allows the people involved to more relaxed.

You pretty much nailed it. Having something to do invites engagement, and can distract from the anxiety that comes with the pressure of a date. Plus doing things is fun. So many fun fun things fun things.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Scribble
See, the way it works is that men have to pay on a first date. not necessarily. My 2nd gf payed for the coffee because she asked me out. I declined, she insisted. I think the notion of offering to pay for a date is the responsibility of the one who asks.

Scribble
Originally posted by Blakemore
not necessarily. My 2nd gf payed for the coffee because she asked me out. I declined, she insisted. I think the notion of offering to pay for a date is the responsibility of the one who asks. Yeah, that's a fair point.

Newjak
not necessarily. My 2nd gf payed for the coffee because she asked me out. I declined, she insisted. I think the notion of offering to pay for a date is the responsibility of the one who asks. I think some of this is kind of going away though. Like it still happens this way but not as much.

It's less you have one person explicitly asking another to go on a date and rather you have two people interested in dating meeting through some type of social device ie dating website.

Newjak
Also I'm not against the idea of one person paying for a date I just hate the expected social construct that the guy has to pay for it.

To me if we both want to go on this date then no should have to pay for the other one's time.

If there is a money issue involved where someone suggests something unaffordable to other person then it gets more grey for me. That's why I also try to work with other person to pick a date that works for both of us.

Blakemore
I think some of this is kind of going away though. Like it still happens this way but not as much.

It's less you have one person explicitly asking another to go on a date and rather you have two people interested in dating meeting through some type of social device ie dating website. that would be a mutual agreement, though, so pay for yourselves. wink

Newjak
that would be a mutual agreement, though, so pay for yourselves. wink Shouldn't any date be a mutual agreement stick out tongue

Stealth Moose
Chloroform removes the need for any payment disputes. Less chance of public COVID nonsense too in some crowded coffee shop or pizza parlor.

Blakemore
Shouldn't any date be a mutual agreement stick out tongue if I was asked out, they're in charge. If I had a good time, then we split it. If it was a shit time, they can pay for wasting My time.

ilikecomics

Although for me, it would a comic book store.

It was second and charles, they have comics and games ! Fun place.

Klaw
Honestly, if a woman expects me to pay, I would nope real fast.

It would seem like she's using me for a free date, and yes there are women that do that.

Adam_PoE
I don't know his specific reasons but for me just having a date that is meal just doesn't work.

^ This.

And men communicate better side-by-side than face-to-face, especially if their hands are engaged in some kind of activity. Guys will open up more on a car ride than across a dinner table.

And if you hit it off, and things get physical, you do not have to worry about hygeine or digestion.

Klaw
What do you guys think of marriage today?

truejedi

I'm married. I think it's great. Two incomes working together is a completely unemotional reason why to do it. One income doesn't cut it anymore. Much higher quality of life when two people combine.

Klaw
Originally posted by truejedi
I'm married. I think it's great. Two incomes working together is a completely unemotional reason why to do it. One income doesn't cut it anymore. Much higher quality of life when two people combine.

I think the income thing is a good point and has really become one of the main driving factors if you will for cohabitation and marriage.

I have to say, I will never get married by choice.

I don't believe in it myself.

samhain
I wouldn't take a girl to a restaurant for a first date, better to be a bit more casual IMO.

Blakemore
if I was asked out, they're in charge. If I had a good time, then we split it. If it was a shit time, they can pay for wasting My time. and I'll add that that applies for when a man asks a woman out. It was your idea so you're paying, but if she or he had a good time, they'll split it with you, but not if you wasted their time. It's like an unwritten code.

ilikecomics

Marriage is a bet with the same odds as a coin flip.
Not too smart imo

Blakemore
Marriage is moreso just a legal thing now. 2 people promise to support each other when needed. It's a binding legal contract and mostly not as religious as it once was.

Old Man Whirly!
What do you guys think of marriage today? it's something that may or may not have a sell by date. My motto for marriage is the same as that of an obscure Scottish poet. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"

Newjak
I think the traditional idea of marriage in America is antiquated at best and harmfully mentally at worst. To me marriage is just a promise between committed parties as a show of faith. I don't believe there is anything super special about marriage.

I mean I'm getting married to the person I love but I think that the legally sanctioned marriage paradigm of our current model get be greatly overhauled to a more dependent based system to maximize the amount of inclusion.

Klaw
What constitutes cheating?

Adam_PoE
Any behavior you would not do with the knowledge of your partner.

Old Man Whirly!
For me a first date is anywhere with duct tape, cable ties and roofies.

Blakemore
Any behavior you would not do with the knowledge of your partner. I think some form of physical contact should occur to constitute. Lust or covenence is just thought. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Klaw

What about flirting?

I've done that with coworkers in a joking manner.

I think some form of physical contact should occur to constitute. Lust or covenence is just thought. It doesn't hurt anyone.

What about emotional cheating?

Adam_PoE
I think some form of physical contact should occur to constitute. Lust or covenence is just thought. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Emotional affairs are still cheating.

Adam_PoE
What about flirting?

I've done that with coworkers in a joking manner.

Blakemore
Hmm, you remind me of a douchebag I used to live with at university. He had a fiance but would have a bath with another woman and act all innocent about it. She then sucked off another person and they broke up. I sorta see your logic 😜

Klaw
Shower sex seems dangerous.

BackFire

Klaw
Why do you guys think divorce rates are so high?

Old Man Whirly!
Why do you guys think divorce rates are so high? people start together but end up with different goals. Relationships are by nature usually finite.

Klaw
How many people have you guys dated in your life?

Adam_PoE
Define dated.

Klaw
Define dated.

Hmm.

Anyone you've been on at least one date with.

Another question, how many sexual partners have you guys had?

Impediment

Adam_PoE
Hmm.

Anyone you've been on at least one date with.

Another question, how many sexual partners have you guys had?

That is a little broad. People go on lots of first dates.

Klaw
What's the longest you've been single?

I've been single my whole life, 37 years.

Robtard
laughing out loud

Klaw
Maybe I should "self-partner" like Emma Watson.

Blakemore
laughing out loud

Klaw
laughing out loud

Maybe you should too.

Robtard
Maybe I should "self-partner" like Emma Watson. Sounds like a silly rebranding.

Just say you're single, nothing wrong with that as long as you don't turn toxic over it like incels do.

Klaw
Sounds like a silly rebranding.

Just say you're single, nothing wrong with that as long as you don't turn toxic over it like incels do.

I'm single by choice, Incels aren't.

Robtard
Irrelevant to my point.

Blakemore
I'm single by choice, Incels aren't. sure you are roll eyes (sarcastic)

Klaw
Irrelevant to my point.

Explain.

Bashar Teg
single "by choice", on social media 24/7, spends a lot of time angrily contemplating waifu... i don't know man

Adam_PoE
I'm single by choice, Incels aren't.

https://c.tenor.com/j3pk3_7waN8AAAAM/sure-ok.gif

rudester
How do you know someone likes you more then friends?

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Blakemore
Spend time with them.

Klaw
I've seen Women say a coffee date is a bad idea.

$3 an hour for emotional labor.

Robtard
Explain.

Doesn't matter if someone is single by choice or because of their own shortcomings and toxicity, just don't be a bitter ******* about it, blaming others.

Blakemore

Darth Thor
I've seen Women say a coffee date is a bad idea.

$3 an hour for emotional labor.

Dont always take advice from women. They say one thing but respond to the opposite themselves.

A coffee place is nice and chillaxed for a first date.

Darth Thor

Blakemore

Blakemore
A tribute to klaw.

cVGoOBTmDA8

sophiass091
My boyfriend took me to a local restaurant and paid for me

Klaw
A tribute to klaw.

cVGoOBTmDA8

Weird Al is amazing.

Blakemore

Klaw

Klaw
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Dont always take advice from women. They say one thing but respond to the opposite themselves.

A coffee place is nice and chillaxed for a first date.

A bold statement which I agree with.

I also think a coffee date is a nice low pressure time to get to know someone.

Blakemore

Klaw
To everyone: would you date someone who does onlyfans?

Robtard
Yeah.

samhain
I wouldn't be opposed to it specifically, but as with most things it depends on how it manifests itself. Like if they go around with a serious chip on their shoulder or are constantly going on about their content, then that person is unlikely to be good relationship material.

rudester
A bold statement which I agree with.

I also think a coffee date is a nice low pressure time to get to know someone.

Ya sure if you want hot liquid thrown on your face!

Jmanghan
^

Darth Thor
Originally posted by rudester
Ya sure if you want hot liquid thrown on your face!

Dont think he was planing on calling her a whore. Though you never know with Klaw.

Blakemore

JesseHolmes8
Knock on my door and ask me to go stay at the Marriott for a transition out of this hellswamp or no cold-fusion and no tetragrammaton Shem HaMephorash coordinates to fill in my Newtonian Fractal Matrix UFT.

If you aren't the ideal woman, 👎 no Marriot and no Coords and no fusion that lasts longer than 30-1 hr

JesseHolmes8
And before you even try it yeah yeah I know

"We don't negotiate with terrorists"
&
"Beggars can't be choosers"
&&
"Only a shit deals in absolutes"

Try to come up with a more creative retort than these as an excuse for my current predicament I can always hop on a train and bounce your stupid local radar

JesseHolmes8
And if your lucky I won't bounce out of town with one of your boys as a convert ya hypocritical impersonators

JesseHolmes8
I need an extraction wife on-site

JesseHolmes8
use donations, mass penny-pocket

JesseHolmes8
7bill x .01$ = 70mill$

JesseHolmes8
Use donations for endangered chiwawas and chronic masturbators anonymous

Klaw
Yeah.

Originally posted by samhain
I wouldn't be opposed to it specifically, but as with most things it depends on how it manifests itself. Like if they go around with a serious chip on their shoulder or are constantly going on about their content, then that person is unlikely to be good relationship material.

Really?

I could never date someone who does OF.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Woman who shows off her body sexually and does sexual things for money to a bunch of random people.

Laserhacks
Really?

I could never date someone who does OF.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Woman who shows off her body sexually and does sexual things for money to a bunch of random people. The whole point is elitism. You can't actually enjoy making the film unless someone feels jealous.

But be careful, we're just waiting to show you how that feels if you commit that crime.

Yourdojosuckisu
Dhey kilt 'em

https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Morpheus-theory-matrix-resurrections-machines-program.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=480&h=300&dpr=1.5

Yourdojosuckisu
Riiip Waka Flocka

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/6/6b/Laurence_Fishburne.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190831190245

WhtPhnxCrwn
I can't ost links yet

WhtPhnxCrwn
20-6=14

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

WhtPhnxCrwn

Klaw
Men are pathetic.

StiltmanFTW
Who are you, Klaw?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/09/b7/8809b7c242093f2ecaf7d2cd20e05ede.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Men are pathetic. Oh Eon! durmask

Klaw
Any man who grovels to a Woman, is a Simp, period.

StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/6/67663/6152738-4781762075-black.jpg

Klaw
The Men of KMC.

Klaw
How to Raise a Simp.

samhain
Is this your new coping method for your loneliness? 'I'm the sane one and everybody who is in a relationship is the mad one.' It's obvious to the rest of us BTW, you're fooling absolutely nobody, probably not even yourself.

Klaw
Are you picking up Cuckold Simulator with the sale that's going on?

20% off.

samhain
Are you picking up Cuckold Simulator with the sale that's going on?

20% off.

I guess I'd need some kind of cuck simulator since I'm not one in real life. How are the lonely crywanks going?

Klaw
I would've done the same thing.

eThneoLgrRnae
It would've depended on what she looked like in my case.

Not giving away my fries for some ugly chick that's for sure.

Blakey would probably jump at the chance though lol.

samhain
I might have done the same thing as that fictitious guy in that fictitious story myself. What's even funnier is that Klaw doesn't even know that that whole 'Virginity Protected' thing is a joke aimed at virgins who lack social skills. Too funny. laughing

Klaw
I would never give my fries to that whore.

Based on the story, you can bet she uses guys for money and food.

Like the girls who go on first dates for a free night out.

samhain
LOL! It's not even a true story, do you not get that? It's a joke aimed at people like you, if she only wanted him for his fries then how did he protect his virginity if he was never in danger of losing it in the first place? You and idiots like you are the butt of jokes like this and you don't even notice. It's okay that you're an idiot, to quote Caddyshack; 'The world needs ditch diggers too.'

Klaw
samhain, how many free night outs have Women gotten out of you?

samhain
>A girl tried to flirt with me.

>I had $8 in my pocket so she was obviously after that.

>I screamed at her to fvck off.

>I later laughed as I ate my store bought sandwich and loaded up my copy of John Wick 2.

>Virginity protected!

See?

samhain
samhain, how many free night outs have Women gotten out of you?

Zero. See I know how to act with women, while I've bought a girl a drink, no girl gets a free night out. The fact that you even asked that question shows how little you grasp of relationships.

Klaw
I hope that girl bought you a drink right back.

samhain
I hope that girl bought you a drink right back.

Of course she did.

Originally posted by samhain
See I know how to act with women

Klaw
I'm not giving my money, and time, and energy to a Woman and/or a relationship.

Klaw
Women today are Masculine.

They've been taught that Femininity is something to be ashamed of.

Men don't want to date Masculine Women.

Robtard

Newjak
Women today are Masculine.

They've been taught that Femininity is something to be ashamed of.

Men don't want to date Masculine Women. laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Klaw
Newjak and Robtard like Masculine Women.

eThneoLgrRnae
Rob, you're such a jackass. If I wanted more pussy I would have no problem getting it, trust me. It's not my fault your ugly skank wifey keeps cheating on your loser cuckold ass.

eThneoLgrRnae
Newjak and Robtard like Masculine Women.

Rob is an effeminate man so yeah, he likes a woman who acts and looks like a man and cheats on him with other men.... so very sad and pathetic lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Rob, you're such a jackass. If I wanted more pussy I would have no problem getting it, trust me. It's not my fault your ugly skank wifey keeps cheating on your loser cuckold ass. Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Rob is an effeminate man so yeah, he likes a woman who acts and looks like a man and cheats on him with other men.... so very sad and pathetic lol.

Oh dear, someone is triggered

Blakemore
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Rob, you're such a jackass. If I wanted more pussy I would have no problem getting it, trust me. It's not my fault your ugly skank wifey keeps cheating on your loser cuckold ass. "IF?" Dude, go out and get laid. You were hung up because I got a few kisses, go get laid if it's that easy for you.

samhain
"IF?" Dude, go out and get laid. You were hung up because I got a few kisses, go get laid if it's that easy for you.

Not cool man, you know his sister is in jail right now.

Blakemore
haermm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>