Who can replicate Taskmaster's feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
contestants:

Batman
Shang Chi
Danny Rand
Cassandra Cain
Captain America
Lady Shiva
Deadshot
Deathstroke

https://i.postimg.cc/zbtn0BQH/157424552-3855211631183700-4591735230149831456-n.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9DdZs1Sh/155043013-3855284594509737-3378081421776496283-n.jpg

MrMind
deadshot can do it easily

I'd wager any marksman can

AlbertoJohnAvil
timing, accuracy, not to mention this legit is not humanly possible.
Add the fact as well, shooting freestyle one handed (EXTREMELY Difficult IRL) vs. The cops 2 hand correct grip and stance to manage recoil and maximize accuracy.

ilikecomics
Wesley from wanted

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Wesley from wanted

thumb up

You beat me to it.

Sin I AM
The Shadow, Bullseye, Both Hawkeyes, Green Arrow, Grendel, Daredevil, The Spirit, The Question, Green Hornet etc...

StiltmanFTW
Hulk

MrMind
I mean you have ozymandias catching bullet in super close range

-K-M-
Moon Knight
https://i.redd.it/7yrt2adauli31.jpg

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

The instant I saw "Today 02:28 AM by -K-M-", I knew exactly what scan you would post...

ilikecomics
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

You beat me to it.

I didn't have to set down binoculars, while balancing on a tree branch, outside carver's house.

(This is a joke)

-K-M-
laughing out loud

The instant I saw "Today 02:28 AM by -K-M-", I knew exactly what scan you would post...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BswyQl8CQAA5e67.png

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -K-M-
Moon Knight
https://i.redd.it/7yrt2adauli31.jpg

With Tasky's feat, it's like a 1 in a million shot when done in controlled conditions and given the context of how they did it makes it even more impressive.

MrMind
where did you get these stats

AlbertoJohnAvil
how much firearm training do you have?

AlbertoJohnAvil
and "One in a million" is a phrase. mechanically, that's extremely hard to setup. Add in human error, and the fact that minimal finches at the trigger press can mean inches to feet differences on target... again, MAKES THIS EXTREMELY impressive. It ain't that simple.

StyleTime
If you just mean who can do it with a gun, then I'd guess high end marksmen characters. I'd guess high end marksmen mostly, since you'd have to line the gun up exactly with the opposing gun. They fired at the same time, so it's different from a reflex feat. I'm guessing Taskmaster's copy ability had something to do with that.

If you just want bullet time reflexes, then the list opens up a bit. Taskmaster himself has done better, although again, this feat was more about aiming/timing.

AlbertoJohnAvil

StyleTime
I read that as them shooting simultaneously. That's why the "BANG!" runs through both of their panels.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by StyleTime
I read that as them shooting simultaneously. That's why the "BANG!" runs through both of their panels.

there are so many things he copied beyond just pulling the trigger at the same time.

we don't know if its same time. Call it splitting hairs but
- the ejected case is at different positions
- different barrel positions during cycling of the slide
- pictures draw one after another top down vs. Something like side by side or mirrored

AlbertoJohnAvil
- pictures draw one after another top down vs. Something like side by side or mirrored

MrMind
I'm still waiting for alberto's expert explanation

AlbertoJohnAvil
it's just a saying to express the slim probability of this happening🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

MrMind
damn, I thought you would've bust out some math equation to impress me

dissapointed

Booya_69
All of them, probably.

StyleTime
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
there are so many things he copied beyond just pulling the trigger at the same time.

I think we'd be getting into artist error vs artist choice there. The "BANG!" looks like a deliberate attempt to establish some temporal continuity between the two panels, like they fired at the same time.

The ejected case could just be a mistake, or maybe they wanted to get the full case on panel instead of getting clipped by the border by going up. It's really the only thing out to place.

The top/down vs left/right ordering seems like another artistic choice though. It doesn't always mean the actions occur at different times, especially when the same sound effect runs through both of them. Maybe they just thought it was more visually interesting to have mirrored images stacked on top of each other.

Is your view that Taskmaster turned around, the cop fired, then Taskmaster fired at the airborne bullet?

DarkSaint85
Darkseid could.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I think we'd be getting into artist error vs artist choice there. The "BANG!" looks like a deliberate attempt to establish some temporal continuity between the two panels, like they fired at the same time.

The ejected case could just be a mistake, or maybe they wanted to get the full case on panel instead of getting clipped by the border by going up. It's really the only thing out to place.

The top/down vs left/right ordering seems like another artistic choice though. It doesn't always mean the actions occur at different times, especially when the same sound effect runs through both of them. Maybe they just thought it was more visually interesting to have mirrored images stacked on top of each other.

Is your view that Taskmaster turned around, the cop fired, then Taskmaster fired at the airborne bullet?

either. Those are unknowns due to amount of assumptions I'd have to make either way.

DarkSaint85
So completely unquantifiable as we don't know what happened exactly there, just like with Orion.

This Feat is DeBuNKed, Period, And I don't want To Ever SeE it again laughing out loud

When I get back later I will post scaNS DEBUnking this.

Parmaniac

Smurph
laughing out loud

Philosophía
Masterbruce.

h1a8
contestants:

Batman
Shang Chi
Danny Rand
Cassandra Cain
Captain America
Lady Shiva
Deadshot
Deathstroke

https://i.postimg.cc/zbtn0BQH/157424552-3855211631183700-4591735230149831456-n.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9DdZs1Sh/155043013-3855284594509737-3378081421776496283-n.jpg No one.
tbh, that feat is virtually IMPOSSIBLE due to all the quantum and physical factors that play a role in bullet trajectory. One has to have NEXT powers ( some form of trial and error and reverse time and try again) to achieve this feat. The chances to do it by accident is insanely small.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by h1a8
No one.
tbh, that feat is virtually IMPOSSIBLE due to all the quantum and physical factors that play a role in bullet trajectory. One has to have NEXT powers ( some form of trial and error and reverse time and try again) to achieve this feat. The chances to do it by accident is insanely small.

👍

StiltmanFTW
Only James McAvoy, fully erect thanks to Angelina Jolie, was able to perform this feat in Wanted, as ilikecomics already mentioned.

Smurph

9jaboy
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So completely unquantifiable as we don't know what happened exactly there, just like with Orion.

This Feat is DeBuNKed, Period, And I don't want To Ever SeE it again laughing out loud

When I get back later I will post scaNS DEBUnking this. laughing

StiltmanFTW
@ Style, Smurph

Tasky specifically mentioned he didn't need to aim, lol.

Philosophía
@ Style, Smurph

Tasky specifically mentioned he didn't need to aim, lol.

https://i.imgur.com/NPXMkRD.png

Why did Taskmaster ignore the hands up and instead of don't shoot, shot?

DarkSaint85

His victim looks quite....tanned there

StiltmanFTW
Beats me.

He's never been a bloodthirsty villain and now he's arguably even less so, after the whole SHIELD agent reveal/retcon, afaik.

Smurph

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Wesley from wanted

Plus The Shooter from Luthor Strode.

https://m.imgur.com/a/qhaghAh

StiltmanFTW
@Smurph, Saint

thumb up

Yeah, it wasn't an accident, but he didn't need to consciously do anything, just rely on his photographic reflexes (and perhaps the limited short burst of super-speed, to make sure the security guy wouldn't fire first).

Nobody can really replicate that - at least not in the same fashion.

Well, maybe Cassandra and Shiva, if we assume their body-reading abilities are basically the same thing as Tasky's photo-reflexes "condition".

DarkSaint85
@Smurph, Saint

thumb up

Yeah, it wasn't an accident, but he didn't need to consciously do anything, just rely on his photographic reflexes (and perhaps the limited short burst of super-speed, to make sure the security guy wouldn't fire first).

Nobody can really replicate that - at least not in the same fashion.

Well, maybe Cassandra and Shiva, if we assume their body-reading abilities are basically the same thing as Tasky's photo-reflexes "condition".

Didn't Tasky's alleged daughter Finesse have the same abilities? And I was pretty sure Echo had the same copying thing....

Magnon

His victim looks quite....tanned there
Indeed. Taskmaster was literally mimicking police moves in that scan. His photographic reflexes simply took over, he couldn't help it.

StiltmanFTW
Didn't Tasky's alleged daughter Finesse have the same abilities? And I was pretty sure Echo had the same copying thing....

Yes and yes.

But they're not listed in the OP as the official contestants.

DarkSaint85
After the X-Men thread fiasco, I don't bother reading Albert's OPs anymore lol.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Plus The Shooter from Luthor Strode.

https://m.imgur.com/a/qhaghAh

I'm beginning to see why Sharivan was such a huge fanboy of that guy thumb up

abhilegend

When I get back later I will post scaNS DEBUnking this.
laughing out loud

Its not up for debate.

Adam Grimes
Rick Grimes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Rick Grimes.

Andrea was the sharpshooter.

Rick was the mad hatchetman wink

Adam Grimes
Andrea was the sharpshooter.

Rick was the mad hatchetman wink Yeah, it hasn't been that long since I've read it. 😠 Have you checked the new colorized ongoing?

Was thinking more about TV Rick. He shot Gareth's fingers off when he was like 30 feet away, in the middle of night, in a pitch black room AND first try. Lol

StiltmanFTW
Nope. How many issues were colorized so far?

Don't remember that... which season/episode?

Adam Grimes
Nope. How many issues were colorized so far?

Don't remember that... which season/episode? 10 as of last week.

It was in S5E9 iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Ah, so they're just beginning yes? First trade, Moore's run? They haven't got to Adlard-era of TWD yet?

Thanks.

The show is still going, yes?

Adam Grimes
Ah, so they're just beginning yes? First trade, Moore's run? They haven't got to Adlard-era of TWD yet?

Thanks.

The show is still going, yes? Yeah, of course they have. Adlard started from issue 7 onwards.

Yup, although I've stopped watching around season 8. This year's will be the last and it's going to have 24 or so episodes.

carver9
Why are people making this so complicated? Let me guess, because Alberto made the thread. He asked who could replicate the showing, not break down every bit of the showing. I'm guessing since people are dissecting the ft so much, they can't think of someone who can do it. Can someone make two bullets collide the way TM did? It's a simple question. Yay or nay.

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
Why are people making this so complicated? Let me guess, because Alberto made the thread. He asked who could replicate the showing, not break down every bit of the showing. I'm guessing since people are dissecting the ft so much, they can't think of someone who can do it. Can someone make two bullets collide the way TM did? It's a simple question. Yay or nay.

Mr Mind, you know what to do thumb up

MrMind

deadshot and deathstroke has done so in batman 28

Adam Grimes
Why are people making this so complicated? Let me guess, because Alberto made the thread. He asked who could replicate the showing, not break down every bit of the showing. I'm guessing since people are dissecting the ft so much, they can't think of someone who can do it. Can someone make two bullets collide the way TM did? It's a simple question. Yay or nay. Can you stick to the topic, please.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by MrMind
deadshot and deathstroke has done so in batman 28

What/ Slade and Deadshot had time to get set up and aim through their scopes. Tasky did it without a scope. Just eyeballed it.

StyleTime
No, it's because Alberto revealed he sees this feat in a fundamentally different way than most of the forum on the first page.

People did give suggestions though. The list in the OP doesn't feature marksmen for the most part, so it's natural people brought up folks from Wanted and such.

Out of the list, Deadshot has a remarkably similar feat, so I'd bank on him. Also, he's Deadshot so there's that. The rest probably not, although I think a writer could make them do it without seeming totally out of line.
Didn't Tasky's alleged daughter Finesse have the same abilities?
Finesse does have the same copy ability. thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
No, it's because Alberto revealed he sees this feat in a fundamentally different way than most of the forum on the first page.

People did give suggestions though. The list in the OP doesn't feature marksmen for the most part, so it's natural people brought up folks from Wanted and such.

Out of the list, Deadshot has a remarkably similar feat, so I'd bank on him. Also, he's Deadshot so there's that. The rest probably not, although I think a writer could make them do it without seeming totally out of line.

Whats the similar feat? Trying to pin point accurately hit another bullet from a hand gun at such short notice is hard than a scope that does all but shoots the bullet for you.

Slade and Floyd had time to set up, drop their bipods, aim down their scopes and fire.
Taskmaster lined up his shot, mirrored aim, matched shooting angle and fired, all while turning from the hip to shoot one-handed.

cdtm
Cassandra Cain.

Elektra.

Iron Fist.

StyleTime
Whats the similar feat? Trying to pin point accurately hit another bullet from a hand gun at such short notice is hard than a scope that does all but shoots the bullet for you.

Slade and Floyd had time to set up, drop their bipods, aim down their scopes and fire.
Taskmaster lined up his shot, mirrored aim, matched shooting angle and fired, all while turning from the hip to shoot one-handed.
I'm not talking the Slade/Deadshot meeting. Yes, they had tons of time to set that up.

I meant Deadshot alone. Similar situation. He shot the two cops in the hands before they fired, so it's not exactly the same though.
https://postimg.cc/hQF0xcVP

But he does stuff like shooting the seams of a bullet proof armor to bypass its defense in similar time frames.
https://postimg.cc/zHnFF6kw

And does silly trick shots while turned the other way.
https://postimg.cc/zySXYjxd

Just doesn't feel like a stretch for him to do this.

Other than that, yeah, Wesley from Wanted and other super-marksmen characters could do it. The list is larger if the person doesn't have to use a gun of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.