MCU: Hela vs. Agatha Harkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
No BFR
Who wins

Robtard
Haven't seen today's QandaVision, but unless Agatha got a massive power increase, Hella would kill her via thrown sword rather quickly.

She's also hotter:

https://i2.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Thor-Ragnarok03.jpg

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't seen today's QandaVision, but unless Agatha got a massive power increase, Hella would kill her via thrown sword rather quickly.

She's also hotter:

https://i2.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Thor-Ragnarok03.jpg Meh, Agatha seems to have better assets.

Robtard
T*Ts?

Adam Grimes
Yeah. Bottom too?

TheVaultDweller
Agatha is decently powerful and surprisingly durable. She's also way more versatile in what she can do compared to Hela. That being said, the main reason she did as well as she did against Scarlet Witch was due to Wanda's lack of experience. Once she really tapped into her potential, Agatha was completely overwhelmed.

I'd give Hela the win a lot more often than not. Agatha might be able to do a teleport/mind magic trick, but I think she'd much more likely get skewered before that can actually happen. Because I don't think Agatha's projectile attacks are strong enough to do any actual damage to Hela. They might be able to knock her around a bit, but that's it IMO. And we have yet to see her use magic to bind anyone nearly as physically strong as Hela is.

riv6672
Hela FTW.

9jaboy
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Agatha is decently powerful and surprisingly durable. She's also way more versatile in what she can do compared to Hela. That being said, the main reason she did as well as she did against Scarlet Witch was due to Wanda's lack of experience. Once she really tapped into her potential, Agatha was completely overwhelmed.

I agree Wanda is clearly more powerful. But I don't think their confrontation in the show would determine how a fight between them would go.
First off Agatha wasn't fighting Wanda . She just wanted Wanda's powers.
Second When Wanda disappeared She didn't even bother to look for her and then she snuck up on Agatha with the mind trick, Agatha wasn't bothered, that's when she said Wanda's problem wasn't power but knowledge.

I'm not saying Agatha will beat Wanda or not. I'm saying a real fight would have showed what Agatha was truly capable of. The car thrown at her didn't seem to harm her.

Hela probably wins though.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by 9jaboy
I agree Wanda is clearly more powerful. But I don't think their confrontation in the show would determine how a fight between them would go.
First off Agatha wasn't fighting Wanda . She just wanted Wanda's powers.
Second When Wanda disappeared She didn't even bother to look for her and then she snuck up on Agatha with the mind trick, Agatha wasn't bothered, that's when she said Wanda's problem wasn't power but knowledge.

I'm not saying Agatha will beat Wanda or not. I'm saying a real fight would have showed what Agatha was truly capable of. The car thrown at her didn't seem to harm her.

Hela probably wins though.

Agatha's main weapon against Wanda was eating her magic. But by the end of the fight, Wanda had learned to do the same. And she'd overpowered the mental illusion after it turned on her despite her lack of knowledge. So, Wanda has a counter to the magic absorption and the greater skill and knowledge Agatha possessed. I just don't see Agatha winning without resorting to more underhanded tricks, using others to manipulate Wanda etc. And especially now, with Wanda studying the Darkhold to expand her actual magical knowledge and skill to go with her raw power. As mentioned in another thread, Dr Strange is going to need a serious amp not to get overshadowed by her in his next film

And maybe Agatha could do more here. But all we have to go on are her actual screen feats. Anything else is speculation. And based on the feats, Hela killing her is the most likely outcome here.

FrothByte
Agatha was a difficult opponent for Wanda because she could absorb her magic. Outside of that, I can't seem to remember too many impressive feats she did without prep. Throwing a few magical balls and creating magical strings to strangle the kids. That won't be enough to hang with Hela.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Agatha was a difficult opponent for Wanda because she could absorb her magic. Outside of that, I can't seem to remember too many impressive feats she did without prep. Throwing a few magical balls and creating magical strings to strangle the kids. That won't be enough to hang with Hela.

Well, she did also teleport and had some skill with mental illusions and transmutation. But yeah, Hela kills her IMO.

FrothByte
Well, she did also teleport and had some skill with mental illusions and transmutation. But yeah, Hela kills her IMO.

IIRC, the transmutation and mental illusions were done when she was in her prepped magical basement. Though she did take over Wanda's mental dream attack... but it was still Wanda who initiated that.

But then again, I only watched it once so might be misremembering stuff.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
IIRC, the transmutation and mental illusions were done when she was in her prepped magical basement. Though she did take over Wanda's mental dream attack... but it was still Wanda who initiated that.

But then again, I only watched it once so might be misremembering stuff.

IIRC, it was just the runes that were prepped beforehand. She did the transmutation spell after Wanda was already there, as well as the mind trip spell. Though, as already mentioned, I think the chances of her pulling off a mind spell before Hela can gut her is extremely slim, and I don't think the transmutation spell she showcased there is powerful enough to actually be useful here, as it was a rather small effect. Agatha has greater overall versatility (telekinesis, mind magic, transmutation, teleportation, magic bolts, magic absorption, flight) but Hela's powerset (super human physical stats, healing factor, mystical weapon creation and projection) is pretty much tailor made for combat.

riv6672
Agatha has greater overall versatility (telekinesis, mind magic, transmutation, teleportation, magic bolts, magic absorption, flight) but Hela's powerset (super human physical stats, healing factor, mystical weapon creation and projection) is pretty much tailor made for combat.
Makes sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.