Vintians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
I want to preface this by saying I have not read any of the High Republic material myself, so I don't know how good or bad it is in general, but I have a friend who just told me about a brand new species that was in one of the novels.

They are Vintians..... from Vint.

And they are rocks.

What the f**k? I don't want to be one of those people super resistant to the new Star Wars and shit on it just because I loved Legends, but really? This is what Disney is thinking up for Star Wars? A new alien race that are f***ing rocks? Of all the possibilities, rocks.

Bizarre.

Is the High Republic bad?

Zenwolf
I saw something about that a rock being a co-pilot of a ship with the most unoriginal name ever The Vessel. I mean being fair in Legends, there were sentient mineral/rock based lifeforms....the B'rknaa come to mind.

But the Vintians just being literal rocks is...kinda weird.

Eli Vanto
Ya the Vintians are literal sentient rocks. Dunno why Disney felt the need to invent them, but whatever lol.

As a whole I think THR has been solid. Not ground breaking phenomenal or anything, but enjoyable.

ares834
The worst part is the fact that the rock character is literally named Geode and flies a ship called Vessel... These "authors" clearly don't give a shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.