should antivaxxers be imprisoned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gold slorg
discuss

ilikecomics
No, freedom to choose.

If they choose not to take it and die the problem takes care of itself.
If they don't take it and live, who cares ?
If they don't take it and everyone else dies, their antivaxx opinion is partially vindicated.

Impediment

Adam Grimes
They should be executed.

gold slorg
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
They should be executed. yeah, i generally think those that endanger others deserve to die, but thought it may be too radical to be voted for thumb up

Adam Grimes
Ok, person that I don't know or care for. 👍🏻

ilikecomics
Lmao

BruceSkywalker
yes they should be.. they also need to be biatch slapped

truejedi
No, but they can be mocked and their pain laughed at.

truejedi
Naw, I take that back. They are still people. People who have been lied to, but still people.

Artol

eThneoLgrRnae
This must be a troll thread. It is idiotic to suggest someone should be imprisoned or suffer any other penalties for not wanting to have some poison injected into their body, ffs.... smh.

eThneoLgrRnae
I think a much more appropriate question would be "Should people who think people should not have a choice in deciding whether or not to take a vaccine be imprisoned?" thumb up thumb up

-Pr-
Jokes about antivaxxers aside, no, I don't think they should go to prison purely for refusing to take the vaccine. We can't punish people for stupidity.

That said, if you choose not to vaccinate your child and in their classroom is a child that can't be vaccinated for medical reasons, then the child with the medical condition should take priority. Same as in the workplaces. If you choose not to vaccinate, fine, but other people shouldn't suffer for your choices.

Klaw
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ok, person that I don't know or care for. 👍🏻

laughing

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Jokes about antivaxxers aside, no, I don't think they should go to prison purely for refusing to take the vaccine. We can't punish people for stupidity.

That said, if you choose not to vaccinate your child and in their classroom is a child that can't be vaccinated for medical reasons, then the child with the medical condition should take priority. Same as in the workplaces. If you choose not to vaccinate, fine, but other people shouldn't suffer for your choices. Yeah I was going to say the problem is that at the end of the day the anti-vaxxers are putting lives at risk.

We've already know this movement has helped cause measles outbreaks.

I don't think they need to go to jail but if they're aren't going protect those in society then they shouldn't allowed every convivence society gives them where they're putting people in danger. So their children shouldn't be allowed to attend school. Things like that.

Adam Grimes
They should be relocated to live in forests, with no access to processed water or food. Within a week the issue should fix itself. thumb up

Klaw
goldslorg is a Fascist.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah I was going to say the problem is that at the end of the day the anti-vaxxers are putting lives at risk.

We've already know this movement has helped cause measles outbreaks.

I don't think they need to go to jail but if they're aren't going protect those in society then they shouldn't allowed every convivence society gives them where they're putting people in danger. So their children shouldn't be allowed to attend school. Things like that.

Essentially. You don't have the right to make someone else ill because you choose to be irresponsible.

Robtard
Imprisoned, no. But they can't complain if they're restricted from publican schools and such.

Stoic
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
This must be a troll thread. It is idiotic to suggest someone should be imprisoned or suffer any other penalties for not wanting to have some poison injected into their body, ffs.... smh.

Agreed.

Darth Thor
What do we mean by anti-vaxxers? If its simply people who dont want to take it, that should not really concern us (unless its somebody vulnerable and close to us), given its clearly a small minority, so shouldnt impact the herd immunity we are trying to get to through vaccinations.

But the ones who are spreading lies and conspiracy theories which are making whole communities scared to take it, those guys ought to be shot.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
Essentially. You don't have the right to make someone else ill because you choose to be irresponsible. Originally posted by Robtard
Imprisoned, no. But they can't complain if they're restricted from publican schools and such. this!

Originally posted by -Pr- We can't punish people for stupidity.

shifty Ethneo... cough... coughOriginally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
This must be a troll thread. It is idiotic to suggest someone should be imprisoned or suffer any other penalties for not wanting to have some poison injected into their body, ffs.... smh. dur

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh pooty.

Why are you so obsessed with me? no

Old Man Whirly!
Oh pooty.

Why are you so obsessed with me? no dur because you are an excellently crafted parody account.

Adam_PoE
They should effectively be excluded from society. No public schools. No air travel. Get your vaccine passports ready.

gold slorg
disappointed by the results, proportions should be like the reverse lmao

Smasandian
There is a legal question regarding vaccines.

If you chose to not vaccinate...and then its proven that you are responsible for infecting and killing a person with a medical condition that cannot take vaccines...then you can argue that its involuntary manslaughter (or whatever the law is)

Society punishes people who get drunk and kill somebody while driving, how is this any different (aside from that vaccinations is not legally required while drunk driving is breaking the law)

Newjak
Originally posted by Smasandian
There is a legal question regarding vaccines.

If you chose to not vaccinate...and then its proven that you are responsible for infecting and killing a person with a medical condition that cannot take vaccines...then you can argue that its involuntary manslaughter (or whatever the law is)

Society punishes people who get drunk and kill somebody while driving, how is this any different (aside from that vaccinations is not legally required while drunk driving is breaking the law) It is also fair to note at one point drunk driving wasn't illegal

Darth Thor
Like I said if people personally choose not to take it, that shouldnt be an issue in achieving herd immunity given its a minority.

So no I wouldnt compare to drink driving.

Smasandian
If we punish people for drunk driving, and then punish people for outcomes of drunk driving (for ex...killing somebody).

How can we not punish people for killing people if they chose not to take a vaccine?

Herd immunity is not part of this equation. Yes....we should have herd immunity to diseases like measles..but as proven by the ****wits who decided to stop taking the vaccine..they go to a country without herd immunity, pick it up because they like licking windows and then come back..and give it somebody who cannot have the vaccine...how is that OK (they literally killed somebody)...over somebody who drove drunk.

Darth Thor
If we punish people for drunk driving, and then punish people for outcomes of drunk driving (for ex...killing somebody).

How can we not punish people for killing people if they chose not to take a vaccine?

Herd immunity is not part of this equation. Yes....we should have herd immunity to diseases like measles..but as proven by the ****wits who decided to stop taking the vaccine..they go to a country without herd immunity, pick it up because they like licking windows and then come back..and give it somebody who cannot have the vaccine...how is that OK (they literally killed somebody)...over somebody who drove drunk

Well vaccine passports will surely be a thing.

So the punishment will be they wont get all the freedoms we do.

But being capable of passing on a virus is very different to drink driving.

Blakemore
This must be a troll thread. It is idiotic to suggest someone should be imprisoned or suffer any other penalties for not wanting to have some poison injected into their body, ffs.... smh. so pre-born are people, but after they're born, they shouldn't get vaccinated. You really are something.

Robtard

Herd immunity is not part of this equation. Yes....we should have herd immunity to diseases like measles..but as proven by the ****wits who decided to stop taking the vaccine..they go to a country without herd immunity, pick it up because they like licking windows and then come back..and give it somebody who cannot have the vaccine...how is that OK (they literally killed somebody)...over somebody who drove drunk.

Not a great analogy as it would be very hard to prove that a given anti-vaxxer mouthbreather caused someone to die due to their idiocy, compared to a drunk driver killing someone due to their idiocy.

We can certainly exclude anti-vaxxers from certain aspects of society though.

Blakemore
Quarantine!

jaden_2.0
They shouldn't be imprisoned. They should be raped by Backfire.

Robtard
Been here since 2005 and 'Backfire = Rape' has been a thing since then iirc.

It's good when some things are a constant.

Blakemore
So it's settled. All problems can be solved by being raped by backfire. smile

Klaw
I don't want to be raped by anyone.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Klaw
I don't want to be raped by anyone. that's the spirit stick out tongue

Klaw
What happened to Backfire anyways?

I never see him on here.

Robtard
Originally posted by Klaw
What happened to Backfire anyways?

I never see him on here.

He occasionally pops in. But he got himself a super sexy Mexican girlfriend and he's been living with her in Mexico for over a year now. He's too busy soaking up the sun, getting laid and eating tacos to bother with KMC.

Klaw
Originally posted by Robtard
He occasionally pops in. But he got himself a super sexy Mexican girlfriend and he's been living with her in Mexico for over a year now. He's too busy soaking up the sun, getting laid and eating tacos to bother with KMC.

Damn.

Sounds like the high life.

jaden_2.0
He's taken over the Los Zetas and is having a hard time keeping control of his territory with the Calisco New Generation Cartel skinning all his sicarios alive

Klaw

cdtm
Imprisoned, no. But they can't complain if they're restricted from publican schools and such.

So far, claims are that this won't happen.

Not sure if this is because of a policy of using a velvet glove at the start, to diffuse "principled resistance", or if rules like that are problematic (In terms of religious freedom objections, or other legal issues.)

eThneoLgrRnae
I doubt anybody will actually be imprisoned over this. What'll probably eventually happen is that you will have to show proof that you've been vaccinated to shop at certain places or go certain places.

That would be nearly as bad as being imprisoned. It would be like Nazi Germany where they were always demanding "Your papers! Show me your papers!" when people tried to travel.

I've heard many of my fundamentalist brethren say that the proof will be an implantable chip and that it will be the mark of the beast talked about in the Bible.

Though I certainly agree with them that there will soon come a time when people will not be able to buy or sell unless they have this mark of the beast either in their right hand or in their forehead I have my doubts about it having anything to do with this vaccine though it very well could. Just have to wait and see.

Stealth Moose

He sometimes lol's at my FB memes, so that's about as much as he has time and energy for these days.

I doubt anybody will actually be imprisoned over this. What'll probably eventually happen is that you will have to show proof that you've been vaccinated to shop at certain places or go certain places.

That would be nearly as bad as being imprisoned. It would be like Nazi Germany where they were always demanding "Your papers! Show me your papers!" when people tried to travel.

I've heard many of my fundamentalist brethren say that the proof will be an implantable chip and that it will be the mark of the beast talked about in the Bible.

Though I certainly agree with them that there will soon come a time when people will not be able to buy or sell unless they have this mark of the beast either in their right hand or in their forehead I have my doubts about it having anything to do with this vaccine though it very well could. Just have to wait and see.

COVID 19 has shown us how precarious modern society is to a rapid fire epidemic, especially in the face of partisan politics and echo chambers online validating whatever conspiracy theory you want to believe in. In a situation where over 2.5 million died from the disease in a year or so, half a million of those are US citizens. Which means that whatever the US is doing isn't working. In fact, it's the opposite of working, and that means people need to take this more seriously.

If the next pandemic is more dangerous and as rapidly spreading as COVID 19, not vaccinating over personal preference shouldn't warrant jail time, but there should be penalties and restrictions in place. A big part of herd immunity is people who can't be vaccinated being protected by those who can be. If you send your kid to school who can potentially spread a lethal disease and a kid contracts it and dies, that's negligence on your part as a parent.

If you think it's YOUR choice or "muh freedums" or whatever, you're putting yourself above society's greater good. Unless a vaccination is dangerous in itself or proven ineffective, it is the most reasonable choice to both protect yourself and others who are vulnerable. If you can't be bothered to care about that, pretending to be the patriotic American loving citizens who love God is in direct contradiction with your actions.

Remember, Jesus took a bullwhip to money lenders, but healed a poor leper for free.

Darth Thor
^ Ownage.

BackFire

Blakemore
Nice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.