Magik vs Zauriel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charles ASX
Does Illyana's soul sword beat Zauriel's flaming sword?

MrMind
which zauriel, because n52 zauriel would make this spite

Charles ASX
Originally posted by MrMind
which zauriel, because n52 zauriel would make this spite the feats of both versions count.

MrMind
N52 Zauriel is above skyfather

Spite

Charles ASX
N52 Zauriel is above skyfather

Spite Wouldn't Magik with the powers of limbo be a good challenge?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Charles ASX
Does Illyana's soul sword beat Zauriel's flaming sword?

The sword that could erase the Phantom Stranger? No, it can't.

leonidas
that sword would very likely kill the phantom stranger, or at the least do him some serious harm. if you are magical, or use magic against it, that sword can f you up. badly. it effortlessly overcame cyttorak's spell and he is at least skyfather level, presumably. more impressive by far that sword took out archenemy and the source of its power. i'd take magik and that sword against nearly anyone who uses magic. the hell lords certainly want no part of her, and beings like mephisto and dormammu have some pretty impressive feats in their day. even outside limbo that sword will wipe out magic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
that sword would very likely kill the phantom stranger, or at the least do him some serious harm. if you are magical, or use magic against it, that sword can f you up. badly. it effortlessly overcame cyttorak's spell and he is at least skyfather level, presumably. more impressive by far that sword took out archenemy and the source of its power. i'd take magik and that sword against nearly anyone who uses magic. the hell lords certainly want no part of her, and beings like mephisto and dormammu have some pretty impressive feats in their day. even outside limbo that sword will wipe out magic.

Zauriels sword didn't just kill the PS, it erased him from existence. It was backed fully by the Presence with Zauriel later being the PS' guardian angel.

MrMind
phantom stranger and zauriel was threatening the entire creation

soulsword would be a lightsaber toy from walmart in their eyes

leonidas

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/jd89xGY9/RCO021-w-1467518258.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/mgtnt8br/RCO022-1467518258.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKY2hJ2p/RCO003-w-1467518449.jpg

leonidas
ok.... so he was warned by heaven, he ignored it, and was punished by the presence, who was essentially acting through zauriel's sword. but earlier in the series--even a couple issues before that--we saw zauriel without the sword. so why would we assume this would be a presence-backed zauriel? confused

what proof is there that the above is standard zauriel? sure, i'll admit that zauriel backed by god could beat her. laughing out loud but i'd say zauriel backed by god would kill perpetua, so....not much of a shock. but again, i have my doubts that is typical zauriel, especially since he was very different just an issue or 2 before that.

if amanda hadn't killed the archenemy, it was going to destroy limbo and for the first time combine all the splinter realms and, according to the book, become a being of 'absolute power', powerful enough to wipe out all of creation.

again, the sword is deadly against all magic. god? lol probably not though....

MrMind
Are you comparing magik to perpetua

High opinion you have of magik

She's a hot girl for sure

DarkSaint85
ok.... so he was warned by heaven, he ignored it, and was punished by the presence, who was essentially acting through zauriel's sword. but earlier in the series--even a couple issues before that--we saw zauriel without the sword. so why would we assume this would be a presence-backed zauriel? confused

what proof is there that the above is standard zauriel? sure, i'll admit that zauriel backed by god could beat her. laughing out loud but i'd say zauriel backed by god would kill perpetua, so....not much of a shock. but again, i have my doubts that is typical zauriel, especially since he was very different just an issue or 2 before that.

if amanda hadn't killed the archenemy, it was going to destroy limbo and for the first time combine all the splinter realms and, according to the book, become a being of 'absolute power', powerful enough to wipe out all of creation.

again, the sword is deadly against all magic. god? lol probably not though....

Well it is like I said - against the one that erased the PS, it would lose.

Got the context of her effortlessly overcoming Cyttorak's spell, as we're on the subject of context?

leonidas
if you mean was she in limbo when she freed then yes, she was. i was thinking of another feat of hers though, dealing with cyttorak, but i can't find it and it's annoying me. i'll keep digging to see of i can come up with it.

anyway, like i said, if it's magik vs presence, then yeah, i like his odds, but that seems like special circumstance. i'd take magik against any non-presence zauriel and would love to see what happened if she stabbed him before he tried erasing her. even outside limbo her sword will kill or gravely injure any magical being.

DarkSaint85
if you mean was she in limbo when she freed then yes, she was. i was thinking of another feat of hers though, dealing with cyttorak, but i can't find it and it's annoying me. i'll keep digging to see of i can come up with it.

anyway, like i said, if it's magik vs presence, then yeah, i like his odds, but that seems like special circumstance. i'd take magik against any non-presence zauriel and would love to see what happened if she stabbed him before he tried erasing her. even outside limbo her sword will kill or gravely injure any magical being.

Ok thumb up

There were no special circumstances. New 52 Zauriel is a different beast from the one you knew.

leonidas
that's just it though--i've seen the 52 zauriel--he appeared a few times in that series--but he was only shown that one time to be that powerful. in fact in the earlier meeting, ps seemed to be more powerful than zauriel--until he broke the rules and returned. i'm not at all sure that's his standard portrayal, unless you have some other appearances to suggest this is normal and not like, say, the spectre backed by the presence. /shrug

DarkSaint85
But that's like me saying that Magik has her.... inconsistencies as well. OP says their feats count, so I jumped in saying the one that erased PS would win.

Which we all agree with anyway.

leonidas
actually it just asks if the flaming sword would beat the soul sword, and the above example, with the sword backed by the presence's power would do so, but that is literally the ONLY time his sword showed that level of power, so, in general, the answer to the thread imo is no, the soul sword would win this more often than not. /shrug

DarkSaint85
actually it just asks if the flaming sword would beat the soul sword, and the above example, with the sword backed by the presence's power would do so, but that is literally the ONLY time his sword showed that level of power, so, in general, the answer to the thread imo is no, the soul sword would win this more often than not. /shrug

But my reply specifically said that version /countershrug

leonidas
so i replied to the actual thread, and you made up your own stips. clearly you lose. thumb up

DarkSaint85
the feats of both versions count.

@Leo: what other feats of n52 Zauriel would you reference?

leonidas
well, getting smacked around by ps, but if it's strictly sword feats i think that may have been the only appearance of it that i'm aware of. i didn't see the edit to the thread so i would revise my answer--i'd say there isn't enough evidence to comment on the 52 sword, and stick with my opinion on his more normal, non-52 version of the flaming sword. why? because his punishment of stranger wasn't really HIS punishment, so no way to know if the 52 sword would have the same level of power in a different situation where is he IS enacting the presence's will.

leonidas
i'll go on record though and say i really liked zauriel as character (not so much the 52 version) and really hoped he would be more powerful than he was shown to be.

DarkSaint85
i didn't see the edit to the thread
thumb up

DarkSaint85
Also:

and stick with my opinion on his more normal, non-52 version of the flaming sword.

the feats of both versions count.

so i replied to the actual thread, and you made up your own stips. clearly you lose. thumb up

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Cyttorak is a *****.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also:

stick out tongue

sad

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cyttorak is a *****.

meh, debatable. all those weird splinter realm rulers in marvel have highs and lows.

Delta1938
While feats from both versions are allowed, would anyone kindly give me feats from just Pre-FLASHPOINT? I've hardly read any of him outside Morrison's JLA run and he hardly did anything there.

DarkSaint85
Lol that's basically it.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol that's basically it.

The two biggest feats I saw from him were outside Morrison's run. Although I think they're the only things I saw outside it(if you don't count a couple graphic novels during that period but not by Morrison).

MrMind
Originally posted by Delta1938
The two biggest feats I saw from him were outside Morrison's run. Although I think they're the only things I saw outside it(if you don't count a couple graphic novels during that period but not by Morrison).

pre-52 zauriel and n52 zauriel are completely two different people unless you are color blind

Delta1938
pre-52 zauriel and n52 zauriel are completely two different people unless you are color blind

My earlier question was specifically about Pre-52, so....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.