MCU characters vs Steppenwolf's Axe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
Dunno how many of you have seen the Snyder cut of JL, but in it Superman steps in front of Steppenwolf as he's about cut Cyborg in half, no-sells Steppenwolf's attack and tells him he's not impressed.

How do these Marvel characers fare in this situation:

Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Thanos
Cull Obsidian
Loki
Hela
Ronan
Hulkbuster with Banner in it
Kurse
Drax

This is pure durability. No energy shields or blocking in any way.

Psychotron
The scene in question.

playa1258
Just saw it too. We will have too see what the axe is capable of.

Anyway prepare for a shitstorm.

9jaboy
None of these guys are as durable as Superman, Hela is good but she was pierced easily by an Asgardian albeit with no damage.

We will have to see more feats from the axe to judge.

Psychotron
I haven't seen the whole thing, but Steppenwolf does cut up some Atlanteans with it in this version.

KingD19
Still haven't seen it but that's cool and pretty in line with canon. Steppenwolf has never been a physical threat to Superman, so even this beefed up version shouldn't be. He's no Darkseid. He's not even a Mantis or Kalibak who at least could put up a decent fight.

Psychotron
He was beating Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman 3v1 at one point. I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
He was beating Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman 3v1 at one point. I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat.

I didn't say he wasn't impressive. I said he's never been a match for Superman. Clark also beat up all 3 of them as well as the rest of the League at the same time but he did it faster and easier.

Psychotron
Well yeah. JL Superman is pretty OP.

KingD19
There's a reason Steppenwolf was a genuine threat and almost won right up until Clark rolled up with a clear head.

And im sure his speech saying "no more Kryptonians" was for his own peace of mind.

riv6672
Stops at Carol.

Psychotron
It's not a gauntlet.

riv6672
Well in that case

Hulk-gets cut
Thor-gets cut
Iron Man-takes damage
Captain Marvel-no sells
Thanos-no sells
Cull Obsidian-gets cut
Loki-gets cut
Hela-no sells
Ronan-no sells
Hulkbuster with Banner in it-takes damage
Kurse-no sells
Drax-gets cut

Psychotron
Thanos has been cut by Iron Man's punch, though. Do you think a full force swing from Steppenwolf deals less damage than that? Hela and Kurse have both been pierced by bladed weapons before. I can't remember if Carol had any durability feats without her shields, so I can't argue with that.

Old Man Whirly!
He cuts them all. They are weak sauce to Superman or Steppenwolf.

carthage
They all tank it the axe is garbage

riv6672

playa1258
They are all cut.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
Well in that case

Hulk-gets cut
Thor-gets cut
Iron Man-takes damage
Captain Marvel-no sells
Thanos-no sells
Cull Obsidian-gets cut
Loki-gets cut
Hela-no sells
Ronan-no sells
Hulkbuster with Banner in it-takes damage
Kurse-no sells
Drax-gets cut

this be accurate... after all

Psychotron
How can it be accurate when Kurse got stabbed by Loki of all people? And do you seriously think Ronan is more durable than Hulk and Thor?

HumbleServant
Could Wonder Woman and Aquaman tank it?

Psychotron
Doubtful.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Could Wonder Woman and Aquaman tank it?

going by sneedercut looks like it

FrothByte
All of them get cut but not severely. Some of the more durable ones (like Hulk and Thanos) might just get a flesh wound.
Kurse might be able to no-sell it mostly because he doesn't seem to feel pain but it will still bight into his flesh.

Actually, unless she has her shields up Carol might get seriously injured.

tkitna
How can it be accurate when Kurse got stabbed by Loki of all people?

Loki is an Asgardian. Lets not act like he's common fodder.

Anyways, the axe cuts all of them.

Psychotron
Originally posted by tkitna

I know, but he's not as as physically strong as Steppenwolf.

StiltmanFTW

Anyways, the axe cuts all of them.

Biologically, he is a Frost Giant, actually.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

thumb up

Someone pays attention.

Psychotron
He is, but he doesn't have any impressive strength feats, or does anything think he can dominate Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg like SC Steppenwolf did?

riv6672
^^^i’d love to see those characters (WW, Aquaman, Cyborg) get the Hulk puny God treatment, see if they no sell it. laughing

http://i.imgur.com/4xPfbVR.gif

playa1258
Karathen is possibly stronger than the Hulk and Arthur tanked several hits from her.

SquallX
^^^i’d love to see those characters (WW, Aquaman, Cyborg) get the Hulk puny God treatment, see if they no sell it. laughing

Diana already survived 2 head butts from a bloodlusted Superman.

Aquaman took multiple hits from Steppenwolf and he was just fine.

Cyborg is hard to place.

riv6672

tkitna

I thought he was half and half but i'm wrong. He is a frost giant. Not sure why I was thinking otherwise.

tkitna
He is, but he doesn't have any impressive strength feats, or does anything think he can dominate Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg like SC Steppenwolf did?

He ragdolled Cap who is fairly strong, but no he isnt in the same ballpark as Diana and Aquaman.

FrothByte

Loki is strong enough to grab Thor by the nape of the neck and smash his head against railings. I don't think even IM was strong enough to do that. I don't think he's as strong as Steppenwolf but he should be around the same ballpark as WW.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki is strong enough to grab Thor by the nape of the neck and smash his head against railings. I don't think even IM was strong enough to do that. I don't think he's as strong as Steppenwolf but he should be around the same ballpark as WW.

Thor always holds back against Loki imo.

That's a durability feat, not a strength feat. When Hulk did the same to Thor he just got back up pissed off, so Loki is obviously not the in the same tier as the big boys.

FrothByte
Thor always holds back against Loki imo.

Doesn't matter. Thor holding back means he's not going for the kill but it doesn't mean he'll willingly allow someone to manhandle him like that. So unless you're telling me Thor actually wanted to get his face smashed against the railings of the Avengers tower then Loki is at least strong enough to manhandle Thor given the right circumstance. That puts him somewhere near Thor's strength bracket even if he's not as strong as Thor.

Psychotron
Doesn't matter. Thor holding back means he's not going for the kill but it doesn't mean he'll willingly allow someone to manhandle him like that. So unless you're telling me Thor actually wanted to get his face smashed against the railings of the Avengers tower then Loki is at least strong enough to manhandle Thor given the right circumstance. That puts him somewhere near Thor's strength bracket even if he's not as strong as Thor.

I can't agree with that given their H2H fights against a common opponent (Hulk).

ShadowFyre
Marvels not the best at piercing. This isn't a fight. Of course Heka would crush him he still can cut her.

I think he can do some damage at least

FrothByte
I can't agree with that given their H2H fights against a common opponent (Hulk).

Loki never fought Hulk in h2h. Hulk punked Loki while Loki was in the middle of talking to the Hulk. That's not a fight, that's a sucker punch.

That's like me knocking out Manny Pacquiao because I sucker punched him while he was busy talking to me. Can I start claiming I beat Paquiao in a fight?

Not saying Loki could have won but it definitely would have looked different had he actually been fighting back.

Psychotron
Loki never fought Hulk in h2h. Hulk "sucker punched" Loki while Loki was in the middle of talking to the Hulk.

That's like me knocking out Manny Pacquiao because I sucker punched him while he was busy talking to me... then me claiming I beat Pacquiao in a fight.

Not saying Loki could have won but it definitely would have looked different had he actually been fighting back.

It wasn't a sucker punch, Hulk had already hit Loki before Loki started his speech about being a god. And you can compare how Thor and Loki took the "puny god" treatment from Hulk. Thor bounced back up immediately and was ready to fight, Loki... did not.

Darth Thor
I wouldnt call it a sucker punch. Loki was talking/shouting to halt Hulks attack on him.

Hulk punching Thor when they were fighting side by side, now that was a sucker punch.

And psychotron is right when comparing the same attack on Thor, it showed theres clearly a massive physical gap between the two.

That said, Lokis no slouch. Physically hes above the likes of Iron Man, when we look at how they both managed Cap in H2H. And he would have put up a fight against Hulk if he had his staff methinks.

FrothByte
It wasn't a sucker punch, Hulk had already hit Loki before Loki started his speech about being a god. And you can compare how Thor and Loki took the "puny god" treatment from Hulk. Thor bounced back up immediately and was ready to fight, Loki... did not.

You yourself admitted that the "puny god" treatment was more a durability feat than a strength feat. I'm not discussing durability here, merely strength.

And you can claim it wasn't a sucker punch, as in he didn't blindside Loki, but it was still a punch delivered at someone who wasn't fighting back.

So my original point still stands: Loki never actually fought Hulk in combat. He got ragdolled while he was busy trying to shout down Hulk. His fault obviously, but that's not him fighting back, that's him being stupid.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I wouldnt call it a sucker punch. Loki was talking/shouting to halt Hulks attack on him.

Hulk punching Thor when they were fighting side by side, now that was a sucker punch.

And psychotron is right when comparing the same attack on Thor, it showed theres clearly a massive physical gap between the two.

That said, Lokis no slouch. Physically hes above the likes of Iron Man, when we look at how they both managed Cap in H2H. And he would have put up a fight against Hulk if he had his staff methinks.

Psychotron is right in the sense that Thor and Loki getting ragdolled by Hulk is a durability feat, not a strength feat. I never claimed Loki is close to Thor's durability, especially since Thor has some of the best durability feats in the MCU, better even than Hulk's.

What I AM saying is that Loki is close to Thor's strength range, as he wouldn't be able to manhandle Thor like he did if he wasn't.

And using Hulk's treatment of Loki to disprove this is a dishonest argument simply because Loki was clearly not trying to fight back.

Psychotron
You yourself admitted that the "puny god" treatment was more a durability feat than a strength feat. I'm not discussing durability here, merely strength.

And you can claim it wasn't a sucker punch, as in he didn't blindside Loki, but it was still a punch delivered at someone who wasn't fighting back.

So my original point still stands: Loki never actually fought Hulk in combat. He got ragdolled while he was busy trying to shout down Hulk. His fault obviously, but that's not him fighting back, that's him being stupid.

How can it be a sucker punch when Hulk already attacked him? Sucker punch means a surprise attack. Loki knew Hulk was coming to smash him.

The fact is that Loki has no strength feats except fighting a holding back Thor.

Arachnid1
Every single one of them get cleaved in half lol

tkitna
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Every single one of them get cleaved in half lol

laughing No they dont. I think the get cut, but there isnt any cutting in half going on.

FrothByte
How can it be a sucker punch when Hulk already attacked him? Sucker punch means a surprise attack. Loki knew Hulk was coming to smash him.

The fact is that Loki has no strength feats except fighting a holding back Thor.

A sucker punch is a punch (or hit) thrown against someone who isn't expecting it. Loki was not expecting to be ragdolled, as evidenced by him being in the middle of a sentence when it happened.

Was it his own fault? Absolutely. That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't fighting back when Hulk did it to him.

Not sure why that's so hard for you to comprehend. Bottom line is, Loki never fought Hulk and that particular incident with Hulk is an indication of his durability, not his strength.

For strength, the fact that he can manhandle Thor puts him near Thor's strength. These are facts.

StiltmanFTW
laughing No they dont. I think the get cut, but there isnt any cutting in half going on.

DC fanboys after seeing your post:

https://i.ibb.co/vdp6hjN/steppen.png

tkitna

laughing laughing laughing

riv6672

Holy crap wtf IS that thing?!?

tkitna
Holy crap wtf IS that thing?!?

DC fans when they realize they arent fooling anybody when they say the Snyder cut was great.

riv6672
laughing out loud

Psychotron
It wasn't great, but it was better than Whedon's version, at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.