MCU Vision vs. Ragnarok Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Vision has all of his feats (Hex Vision, White Vision, Pre-Injury Vision)
Hulk as of Ragnarok

Who wins

No BfR

Arachnid1
What could Hulk possibly do to a being made of vibranium that can also go intangible?

TheVaultDweller
Technically, Vision isn't pure vibranium. His body is a vibranium/synthetic blend IIRC.

Anyway, even though Thanos was a bit stronger, Hulk is still in the same strength range as him, considering Thanos had to visibly strain to overpower him during their fight at the start of IW. In comparison, Thanos cracked Vision's head open with just a few fingers. So, if Hulk could get his hands on Vision he could do some damage IMO. Problem is that's easier said than done given that Vision has flight and can just phase free if Hulk manages to get a hold of him.

riv6672
Bane dis.

Psychotron
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Technically, Vision isn't pure vibranium. His body is a vibranium/synthetic blend IIRC.

Anyway, even though Thanos was a bit stronger, Hulk is still in the same strength range as him, considering Thanos had to visibly strain to overpower him during their fight at the start of IW. In comparison, Thanos cracked Vision's head open with just a few fingers. So, if Hulk could get his hands on Vision he could do some damage IMO. Problem is that's easier said than done given that Vision has flight and can just phase free if Hulk manages to get a hold of him.

Thanos overpowered Hulk with a smile on his face. He wasn't straining at all.

Adam Grimes
Where is the Vision is always phased gang?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Psychotron
Thanos overpowered Hulk with a smile on his face. He wasn't straining at all.

He was squinting and had his teeth gritted. Looked like strain to me. We've seen him smile before in the films and it looked very different to that. Which also fits into what the Russos themselves said about the fight:

https://www.motionpictures.org/2018/11/the-russo-brothers-address-why-hulk-lost-to-thanos-in-avengers-infinity-war/

Their strength is in the same overall class but Thanos, being a lot more skilled, came out on top.

So, as I said, Hulk should theoretically be able to damage Vision IMO, but Vision has a lot of options to prevent that from actually happening. Flight, phasing and, if we include Hex Vision's superspeed feats, he's also a lot faster.

FrothByte
I guess Hulk can eventually damage Vision if he can pin him down but I don't see that happening. Vision is too fast, too mobile, can phase, too smart, and has far more options at his disposal.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I guess Hulk can eventually damage Vision if he can pin him down but I don't see that happening. Vision is too fast, too mobile, can phase, too smart, and has far more options at his disposal.

Pretty much my view. Because even though I am not one of those people who will argue that Vision stays intangible the vast majority of the time, he has multiple instances where he has used phasing to avoid attacks or escape precarious positions, like during his fight with Hawkeye (where he phased through some of Clint's attacks) or the Hex Vision versus White Vision fight (where Hex Vision phased free of White Vision's attempt to pull the Mind Stone from his head). Add in flight and much better speed feats, as well as ranged attacks that at the very least will probably knock Hulk around some, and it will be hard for Hulk to get at him to inflict any real damage.

playa1258
Vision.

Hulk needs some actual wins because he's a jobber right now.

ares834
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Where is the Vision is always phased gang?

He only does that against DC characters.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258
Vision.

Hulk needs some actual wins because he's a jobber right now.

This.

But even if he werent a jobber, Vision has plenty in strength and energy blasts to beat Hulk down, whilst having as the tools (flight, ranged attacks and phasing), to avoid being hit even once.

Originally posted by ares834

laughing out loud

Psychotron
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He was squinting and had his teeth gritted. Looked like strain to me. We've seen him smile before in the films and it looked very different to that. Which also fits into what the Russos themselves said about the fight:

https://www.motionpictures.org/2018/11/the-russo-brothers-address-why-hulk-lost-to-thanos-in-avengers-infinity-war/

Their strength is in the same overall class but Thanos, being a lot more skilled, came out on top.

So, as I said, Hulk should theoretically be able to damage Vision IMO, but Vision has a lot of options to prevent that from actually happening. Flight, phasing and, if we include Hex Vision's superspeed feats, he's also a lot faster.

It looked like a smile to me.

Originally posted by ares834

Lmao.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Psychotron
It looked like a smile to me.

Looked more like a grimace to me, especially when compared to the instances where he's undeniably smiling. Which, as I said, fits into the Russo's description of how the scene went as well.

The comments from them indicate that Hulk isn't far off from Thanos in terms of strength, but Thanos is a lot more skilled and can therefore utilise his strength much more efficiently in a physical confrontation, resulting in Hulk getting his ass kicked (again).

But anyway, as already mentioned, Vision could just phase out of Hulk's grip or through his strikes (which he has done against others onscreen in the past), assuming Hulk could even get close enough. Vision not only has flight but the Hex version had outright superspeed feats as well. Nothing really too impressive by actual speedster standards (he's way slower than Quicksilver or the Flash, for example), but still much faster than Hulk can manage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.