Rank in technology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Asgard MCU
Kree MCU
Nova Corps MCU
Thanos forces MCU
Wakanda MCU
Atlantis DCEU
Krypton DCEU
Apokolips DCEU

From best to worst

FrothByte
At the bottom are the races who don't have enough technology for interstellar travel. That's Atlantis and Wakanda, though of the two I might rank Wakanda higher due to their deus ex machina Vibranium that can almost magically heal a paralyzed man by inserting a bead into him. Plus they had a force field around their entire city that was strong enough to withstand Thanos' forces.

At the top are the races who have access to teleportation travel, which is Asgard and Apokolips. Of the two, I'd rank Asgard higher mostly because we've seen more of their tech in action whereas Apokolips tech is more implied.

Of the ones in the middle, I'd go:

Krypton - due to having fully artificial reproduction resulting in specialized individuals + a terraforming engine
Kree - due to having a massive AI ruler
Nova - that force field netting was impressive
Thanos troops - because we didn't really see a lot of high-tech gadgetry from Thanos and his troops. They mostly fought tooth and nail.

So final rankings are:

1. Asgard
2. Apokolips
3, Krypton
4. Kree
5. Nova
6. Thanos's minions
7. Wakanda
8. Atlantis

ares834
The Mother Boxes put Apokolips ahead of Asgard IMO. Plus they apparently can move between universes rather than just worlds.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
The Mother Boxes put Apokolips ahead of Asgard IMO. Plus they apparently can move between universes rather than just worlds.

Problem with the motherboxes is that I can't remember them doing anything on screen that put them above Asgard. That said, I was falling asleep in the last section of the Snyder Cut so maybe just remind me?

ares834
They do a shit ton. They can terraform entire planets, can hack anything, created cyborg, are apparently sentient, open portals, resurrect the dead, generate massive explosions that vaporize even Superman, are apparently sentient, and plenty of other things as well.

riv6672
1. Apokolips
2. Asgard
3, Krypton
4. Kree
5. Nova
6. Thanos's minions
7. Wakanda
8. Atlantis

FrothByte
They do a shit ton. They can terraform entire planets, can hack anything, created cyborg, are apparently sentient, open portals, resurrect the dead, generate massive explosions that vaporize even Superman, are apparently sentient, and plenty of other things as well.

Some of those Asgard can do as well, but others they can't. You've convinced me, Apokolips for the win then.

Old Man Whirly!
They do a shit ton. They can terraform entire planets, can hack anything, created cyborg, are apparently sentient, open portals, resurrect the dead, generate massive explosions that vaporize even Superman, are apparently sentient, and plenty of other things as well. Yet they are scared of the Kryptonian. I'd put banned Kryptonian Abominations way above the Destroyer Armour too.

Robtard
I'd still argue the motherboxes are the peak tech here, they can kinda do it all.

I'd also possibly put Kpytonian tech above Asgardian, they can terraform entire planets. Arguable.

Good discussion thread thumb up

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd still argue the motherboxes are the peak tech here, they can kinda do it all.

I'd also possibly put Kpytonian tech above Asgardian, they can terraform entire planets. Arguable.

Good discussion thread thumb up

I thought about the terraforming part, but then Asgard can destroy entire worlds, has teleportation, has a weird magic-tech amalgam that allows some of them to bring dead soldiers back to life, and can create weapons of war like the Destroyer.

NemeBro
The Bifrost is by far Asgard's most impressive piece of tech. Not only can it be used to teleport people around the cosmos, but, as we saw in the first Thor, it can be used as a long range laser to devastate the surfaces of worlds without ever having to leave home. It makes Asgard the most impressive civilization tech-wise with the probable exception of Apokolips.

relentless1
Apokolips DCEU
Krypton DCEU
Thanos forces MCU
Asgard MCU
Kree MCU
Nova Corps MCU
Wakanda MCU
Atlantis DCEU

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
I thought about the terraforming part, but then Asgard can destroy entire worlds, has teleportation, has a weird magic-tech amalgam that allows some of them to bring dead soldiers back to life, and can create weapons of war like the Destroyer. Originally posted by NemeBro
The Bifrost is by far Asgard's most impressive piece of tech. Not only can it be used to teleport people around the cosmos, but, as we saw in the first Thor, it can be used as a long range laser to devastate the surfaces of worlds without ever having to leave home. It makes Asgard the most impressive civilization tech-wise with the probable exception of Apokolips.

I'd argue that being able to terraform an entire planet like Earth to have the density, atmosphere and topology of Krypton is possibly a greater technological feat than being able to destroy the surface of a planet with a super laser.

Krypton has no answer to Asgardian teleportation, the Asgardians take this tech sphere in spades with the Bifrost.

Are you referring to the Eternal Flame? I think that was straight up magic and not tech. Though we could argue that magic is part of Asgardian tech and we can't separate the two. If so, then yeah, Asgard very likely wins it over the two.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by riv6672
1. Apokolips
2. Asgard
3, Krypton
4. Kree
5. Nova
6. Thanos's minions
7. Wakanda
8. Atlantis

I would switch Krypton and Asgard but pretty much this

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I would switch Krypton and Asgard
I can see that. thumb up

playa1258
I would go:

Apokolips
Krypton
Asgard
Kree
Nova
Thanos forces
Atlantis
Wakanda

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd argue that being able to terraform an entire planet like Earth to have the density, atmosphere and topology of Krypton is possibly a greater technological feat than being able to destroy the surface of a planet with a super laser.

Krypton has no answer to Asgardian teleportation, the Asgardians take this tech sphere in spades with the Bifrost.

Are you referring to the Eternal Flame? I think that was straight up magic and not tech. Though we could argue that magic is part of Asgardian tech and we can't separate the two. If so, then yeah, Asgard very likely wins it over the two.

Well if we consider the Bifrost, Destroyer and even their flying ships as Asgardian technology, most of them don't exactly come with wires, nuts and bolts. So the eternal flame would be about as technological as those. Kinda.

And I agree, terraforming a planet is more advanced than simply destroying one, but I still wouldn't put it on the same level as teleportation which necessitates bending of both time and space to accomplish.

ares834
Thinking it over. I'm pretty sure the Phantom Drive also warps space/time.

FrothByte
Thinking it over. I'm pretty sure the Phantom Drive also warps space/time.

Pretty much anyone of these civilizations that have interstellar space travel have some form of space/time manipulation technology. Otherwise they'd take decades and centuries to get anywhere.

But being able to travel parsecs near instantaneously is something that elevates Apokolips and Asgardian technology above the others.

ares834
Does it? Why? Sure, the Bifrost may be superior to the Phantom Drive but Krypton holds a big advantage in many other aspects such as bioengineering and terraforming.

h1a8
Well if we consider the Bifrost, Destroyer and even their flying ships as Asgardian technology, most of them don't exactly come with wires, nuts and bolts. So the eternal flame would be about as technological as those. Kinda.

And I agree, terraforming a planet is more advanced than simply destroying one, but I still wouldn't put it on the same level as teleportation which necessitates bending of both time and space to accomplish. We can teleport particles NOW.

In all honesty, i believe Asgard was Retcon to be mostly magical in later films.

But assuming it is ALL tech (and no such thing as magic) then ill place Asgard above Krypton.

FrothByte
Does it? Why? Sure, the Bifrost may be superior to the Phantom Drive but Krypton holds a big advantage in many other aspects such as bioengineering and terraforming.

Because as advanced as terraforming and bioengineering is, these are fields where we've already made some headway and consists of manipulating things we already have control over.

In comparison, teleportation of matter consists of manipulating time, and that's something we currently have no control over and have yet to make any successful breakthroughs with.

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
We can teleport particles NOW.

In all honesty, i believe Asgard was Retcon to be mostly magical in later films.

But assuming it is ALL tech (and no such thing as magic) then ill place Asgard above Krypton.

Can you provide a link to a credible source that shows we're teleporting matter now? Last I heard we can only teleport info, which is actually more of a copying/pasting a particle's state rather than moving the particle itself.

ares834
Because as advanced as terraforming and bioengineering is, these are fields where we've already made some headway and consists of manipulating things we already have control over.

In comparison, teleportation of matter consists of manipulating time, and that's something we currently have no control over and have yet to make any successful breakthroughs with.

Not entirely true. Sure, certain aspect of terraforming have been explored, but permanently increasing the gravity of a planet has not.

But this misses my basic point, Krypton has also developed a form of warp. It may not be quite as advanced as Asgard, but they make up for this by being more advanced in most other technological fields.

FrothByte
Not entirely true. Sure, certain aspect of terraforming have been explored, but permanently increasing the gravity of a planet has not.

But this misses my basic point, Krypton has also developed a form of warp. It may not be quite as advanced as Asgard, but they make up for this by being more advanced in most other technological fields.

Well, obviously we're nowhere near the ability to alter a planet's gravity and environment yet but we're at least already playing in the same field. In comparison, messing around with time is still a fantasy for us.

As for Krypton being advanced in other fields, this is true. But then again Asgard is also advanced in other fields, like creating something like the Destroyer or having something like the Eternal Flame that can bring dead soldiers back to life. Then you have powerful weapons like Mjolnir that can somehow detect worthiness, get called back to its owner's hand, and somehow defy gravity if the wielder is unworthy.

Asgard is a weird contender here because we don't quite know if they have tech or magic. If we assume it's all magic then they end up ranking near the bottom. If we assume they're all tech then they rank near the top. If we say its half and half, well, where do we draw the line?

ares834
We aren't playing in the same field when it comes to gravity. Heck, we technically don't even know what gravity is. So I'd argue it's every bit as much a fantasy, if not even more so, than bending space like the Bifrost. Though, incidentally, based on our theories, both should be theoretically similar in that both rely on bending space-time.

On whether it's tech or magic, I'm operating under the assumption that it is all either tech or inherent superpowers. The Destroyer doesn't really impress me. And I'd argue the Eternal Flame likely isn't Asgardian tech but something they plundered from Muspelheim. Mjolnir is pretty incredible though.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Krypton is more impressive tech wise than Asgard. However, the Bifrost alone certainly does not put it ahead IMO.

FrothByte
We aren't playing in the same field when it comes to gravity. Heck, we technically don't even know what gravity is. So I'd argue it's every bit as much a fantasy, if not even more so, than bending space like the Bifrost. Though, incidentally, based on our theories, both should be theoretically similar in that both rely on bending space-time.

On whether it's tech or magic, I'm operating under the assumption that it is all either tech or inherent superpowers. The Destroyer doesn't really impress me. And I'd argue the Eternal Flame likely isn't Asgardian tech but something they plundered from Muspelheim. Mjolnir is pretty incredible though.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Krypton is more impressive tech wise than Asgard. However, the Bifrost alone certainly does not put it ahead IMO.

We already have artificial gravity, but we're nowere close to replicating teleportation at even the tiniest scale.

And no, I'm not saying it's the bifrost only that puts Asgard ahead, but I do consider it their trump card which none of the other civilizations can match outside of Apokolips.

ares834
We don't have artificial gravity... We can simulate similar effects through things like rotation but that's nothing like creating gravity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.