Been on here too damn long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
i've been on here 15 years.. somebody throw me a damn party lol

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i've been on here 15 years.. somebody throw me a damn party lol Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i've been on here 15 years.. somebody throw me a damn party lol thumb up Mpst of us in this forum have actually been here longer Bruce.

StiltmanFTW
The forum is 21 years old, right?

jaden_2.0
https://media.tenor.com/images/b92993b8b0543beb82325fdfddd3b8bb/tenor.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The forum is 21 years old, right? Yes Stilt. Initially everyone were guest accounts, Raz changed that probably due to proto Ruby. Then Ruby, the other (whoever or whatever he is) and proto Whirly discovered you didn't need an email to make multiple accounts... The rest is hisory stretching back to the dawn of the millenium. An age undreamt of before the fall of the world trade centre or the rise of the right in America.

rudester
Dont let the door hit you on the way out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

rudester
Unless there is cake. Happy Dance

rudester
Has anyone thought of a world reunion kmc style? Everyone meets in one place in one room. Lol

Newjak
i've been on here 15 years.. somebody throw me a damn party lol Psssh you still have like another 8 months to go before you hit your actual 15 year KMC-iversy.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by rudester
Has anyone thought of a world reunion kmc style? Everyone meets in one place in one room. Lol

We did that. You just weren't invited.

Klaw
The only one I want to meet is Whirly, he seems like a cool guy.

Scribble
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yes Stilt. Initially everyone were guest accounts, Raz changed that probably due to proto Ruby. Then Ruby, the other (whoever or whatever he is) and proto Whirly discovered you didn't need an email to make multiple accounts... The rest is hisory stretching back to the dawn of the millenium. An age undreamt of before the fall of the world trade centre or the rise of the right in America. omg, you remember Ruby??

What do you mean by proto-Ruby btw? Ruby's first account was circa 2003

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Scribble
omg, you remember Ruby??

What do you mean by proto-Ruby btw? Ruby's first account was circa 2003 Hmmm, ProtoRuby was earlier than 2003, as were "the Other" and Proto Whirly Scribs.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rudester
Unless there is cake. Happy Dance

you supply the cake lol

Originally posted by Newjak
Psssh you still have like another 8 months to go before you hit your actual 15 year KMC-iversy.

true

Scribble
Hmmm, ProtoRuby was earlier than 2003, as were "the Other" and Proto Whirly Scribs. I'm not sure who proto-Ruby would have been, as the original Ruby account was my irl best friend and he was 12 when he signed up. Most Ruby socks in the classic era were actually me, however. I guess our socking/trolling style was just similar to someone who came before us because we defo weren't around before then mmm

OG Ruby was actually how I first discovered this place, so I have him to blame for everything!

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure who proto-Ruby would have been, as the original Ruby account was my irl best friend and he was 12 when he signed up. Most Ruby socks in the classic era were actually me, however. I guess our socking/trolling style was just similar to someone who came before us because we defo weren't around before then mmm

OG Ruby was actually how I first discovered this place, so I have him to blame for everything! I always wondered if Ruby was the "Other", the plot thickens, it seems the other may not have been just one but many disparate entities and proto Ruby may have been the other. Ming tea was another possible in the frame... Very interesting Scribs. Ruby's "I don't have an email" catchphrase made me laugh as neither did I.

Did you ever make any of the Whirly socks who were not me? Or the AJ socks who wer not him or any other troll accounts?

Scribble
I always wondered if Ruby was the "Other", the plot thickens, it seems the other may not have been just one but many disparate entities and proto Ruby may have been the other. Ming tea was another possible in the frame... Very interesting Scribs. Ruby's "I don't have an email" catchphrase made me laugh as neither did I.

Did you ever make any of the Whirly socks who were not me? Or the AJ socks who wer not him or any other troll accounts? Oh MAN I can give you the story behind "I don't have an email address!", and I'm honestly grinning that you remember that. There was this other message board I found when I was like 10 or 11 where again everyone was a guest account, and this one guy called Necron kept getting super angry that he was being asked for an email, so he kept posting over and over "I DONT HAVE ONE! I DONT HAVE AN EMAIL ADRESS!" (sic) and I found it so funny that I started posting it too, so did OG Ruby, and it made the message board admin super pissed off for some reason. So after that it became our catchphrase whenever we were socking (usually with the dancing banana emoticon on KMC iirc), and the irony of not needing an email to sign up for KMC made it even better.

It was definitely us and your accounts that made KMC install a need for emails in the first place... our claim to fame haermm although I believe last time Raz was here he made it so you don't need one anymore and can sign up willy-nilly (hence Surtur's original post-ban spree, etc.). Back then though it was ridiculously easy to make loads of burner hotmail accounts anyway so it didn't stop us all that much.

The Other was likely before my time, he may indeed have been the proto-Ruby, too. I'm not aware of Ming Tea, either. The other big one was AJ, who some people suspected was also me (we share the same initials), but was actually a Welsh guy (not Welshy lol). I became friends with him for a while and he was mostly a chill guy. I think he came back recently to say hi but didn't stick around. I made a lot of non-Ruby accounts but no Whirly or AJ ones, usually just random names that I found funny. I often used a sig that I stole from another 2003-era member that read "I'm not Burlyman" or something, and usually used either Simpsons avatars or the Terminator one.

Random example: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=90739

Lol it's cool to be able to share this odd bit of KMC 'history' so many years later, and I'm impressed you remember some of me and my friend's weird antics as I thought they'd been lost to time! Whirly, Ruby and AJ were definitely the most prolific socks of the '00s era.

Old Man Whirly!
Oh MAN I can give you the story behind "I don't have an email address!", and I'm honestly grinning that you remember that. There was this other message board I found when I was like 10 or 11 where again everyone was a guest account, and this one guy called Necron kept getting super angry that he was being asked for an email, so he kept posting over and over "I DONT HAVE ONE! I DONT HAVE AN EMAIL ADRESS!" (sic) and I found it so funny that I started posting it too, so did OG Ruby, and it made the message board admin super pissed off for some reason. So after that it became our catchphrase whenever we were socking (usually with the dancing banana emoticon on KMC iirc), and the irony of not needing an email to sign up for KMC made it even better.

It was definitely us and your accounts that made KMC install a need for emails in the first place... our claim to fame haermm although I believe last time Raz was here he made it so you don't need one anymore and can sign up willy-nilly (hence Surtur's original post-ban spree, etc.). Back then though it was ridiculously easy to make loads of burner hotmail accounts anyway so it didn't stop us all that much.

The Other was likely before my time, he may indeed have been the proto-Ruby, too. I'm not aware of Ming Tea, either. The other big one was AJ, who some people suspected was also me (we share the same initials), but was actually a Welsh guy (not Welshy lol). I became friends with him for a while and he was mostly a chill guy. I think he came back recently to say hi but didn't stick around. I made a lot of non-Ruby accounts but no Whirly or AJ ones, usually just random names that I found funny. I often used a sig that I stole from another 2003-era member that read "I'm not Burlyman" or something, and usually used either Simpsons avatars or the Terminator one.

Random example: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=90739

Lol it's cool to be able to share this odd bit of KMC 'history' so many years later, and I'm impressed you remember some of me and my friend's weird antics as I thought they'd been lost to time! Whirly, Ruby and AJ were definitely the most prolific socks of the '00s era. I liked AJ, yeah, I'm aware of him. He was a Dr Who fan like me. It is nice to reminisce, Ruby made me laugh a lot. I enjoyed him and I guess unknowingly you. Judge was also damn funny, did you ever see his ms paint Lion King based incest cartoons, it was wrong on so many levels but absolutely hilarious. Ming Tea was really funny, he was suddenly banned as a sock/troll and had never really trolled on that account. Perhaps the mods know who the "Other" is. He is the forums greatest mystery, yeah, we certainly caused emails to come in. I also have the dubious honour of using activation codes along with MS Warehouse and get the board closed to new members. That guy was an internet/coding genius.

ilikecomics
This was all such a pleasure to read smile
Great thread

Scribble
I liked AJ, yeah, I'm aware of him. He was a Dr Who fan like me. It is nice to reminisce, Ruby made me laugh a lot. I enjoyed him and I guess unknowingly you. Judge was also damn funny, did you ever see his ms paint Lion King based incest cartoons, it was wrong on so many levels but absolutely hilarious. Ming Tea was really funny, he was suddenly banned as a sock/troll and had never really trolled on that account. Perhaps the mods know who the "Other" is. He is the forums greatest mystery, yeah, we certainly caused emails to come in. I also have the dubious honour of using activation codes along with MS Warehouse and get the board closed to new members. That guy was an internet/coding genius. AJ was cool. I kept in contact with him for a while but sorta fell apart over time. I guess that's normal. lmao I think I do remember those Lion King images, my memory is being twigged. The name Judge definitely rings a bell. Things are kinda hazy from back then...

Meeting you again when you first returned in this era was strange because beforehand I only knew you by reputation and from being an active sock same time as me. I was also keeping up appearances at the same time as a normal member back then. Lots of proxies, different browsers, early VPNs, etc. lol

rudester
you supply the cake lol

true

I will provide the cake, then I'll poison it and we will all die together laughing

rudester
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
We did that. You just weren't invited.

confused embarrasment sad

StiltmanFTW
AJ was cool. I kept in contact with him for a while but sorta fell apart over time. I guess that's normal. lmao I think I do remember those Lion King images, my memory is being twigged. The name Judge definitely rings a bell. Things are kinda hazy from back then...

Meeting you again when you first returned in this era was strange because beforehand I only knew you by reputation and from being an active sock same time as me. I was also keeping up appearances at the same time as a normal member back then. Lots of proxies, different browsers, early VPNs, etc. lol

AJ visited us recently:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=673161&pagenumber=1

Old Man Whirly!
AJ was cool. I kept in contact with him for a while but sorta fell apart over time. I guess that's normal. lmao I think I do remember those Lion King images, my memory is being twigged. The name Judge definitely rings a bell. Things are kinda hazy from back then...

Meeting you again when you first returned in this era was strange because beforehand I only knew you by reputation and from being an active sock same time as me. I was also keeping up appearances at the same time as a normal member back then. Lots of proxies, different browsers, early VPNs, etc. lol Judge/Svend was hilarious. Ha, my reputation varied depending who you ask, if you asked some really quite respected posters in the comics section they would tell you I was a good guy (without socking just comment wise, I won the old best debater there lol, as if that means anything). You asked others they'd say I was a **** and sock king troll. Haha, it does amaze me how many people had socks as members back then, I think I was far too overt sometimes compared to others like yourself. I actually found the people knowing the socks were mine but the facts the Ip's didn't match funny. Ha, the olde times of the internet, before nothing was new Scribs!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.