Oakland will give low-income families of color $500 per month, no strings attached.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Source.

This is terrible.

Form of reparations and giving money to illegal immigrants.

And it's racist too, excluding whites.

People should protest over this and vote this Mayor out of office.

It's amazing how things like this are legal.

Artol
Sounds like a good trial project, hope it works out. Most UBI trials have good results and they can't even leverage the advantages it can have when universal.

tru-marvell
"To qualify for the Oakland Resilient Families payments, families must have at least one child under 18. Their income must be at or below the area's median income: around $59,000 for a family of three."

I don't see "racial" restrictions listed here only low income requirement.

Robtard
Originally posted by Klaw
Source.

This is terrible.

Form of reparations and giving money to illegal immigrants.

And it's racist too, excluding whites.

People should protest over this and vote this Mayor out of office.

It's amazing how things like this are legal.

TBF, you Trumpers think everything that helps people you look down upon as being "racist". It doesn't mean anything anymore when you say it.

Klaw
Robtards' nonsense aside, taking money from everyone and giving it to people based on their race and income is racist.

If they actually cared it would go to everyone who needs it regardless of race.

So all those poor white people get screwed.

Old Man Whirly!
Robtards' nonsense aside, taking money from everyone and giving it to people based on their race and income is racist.

If they actually cared it would go to everyone who needs it regardless of race.

So all those poor white people get screwed. oh, Klaw, I mean Eon. You Canadians, I mean Texans shifty

Blakemore
Where does it say it excludes whites or any non-blacks?

Klaw
Source.

Robtard
It's targeted at POC communities, because those communities tend to be the ones at the lower parts of the poverty line, especially in Oakland.

Klaw's just screaming "racism!" into the wind again.

Klaw
So they don't want to help low income families, only minority low income families.

Form of reparations, it's racist.

**** those poor white people right?

Blakemore
Depends on how big those communities are and the money available. If you want to help poor white people in Oakland so much, what's going stopping you?

Klaw
Originally posted by Blakemore
Depends on how big those communities are and the money available. If you want to help poor white people in Oakland so much, what's going stopping you?

What are you talking about?

cdtm
Originally posted by Artol
Sounds like a good trial project, hope it works out. Most UBI trials have good results and they can't even leverage the advantages it can have when universal.

Throws mixed race families under the bus.

Relatives woman white head of house, one white kid, one black kid. 500 dollars won't go far (And the white kid will almost certainly begrudge his brother getting money while he gets squat)

Blakemore
What are you talking about? they're helping poor people, a majority are black. Doesn't mean they're helping black people cos non-blacks can go die. You idiot.

Artol
Originally posted by cdtm
Throws mixed race families under the bus.

Relatives woman white head of house, one white kid, one black kid. 500 dollars won't go far (And the white kid will almost certainly begrudge his brother getting money while he gets squat)

It doesn't throw them under the bus, they will be in just as shitty a situation as they were before, and hopefully if the project takes off it can be extended to a lot more families, but you got to start somewhere.

SquallX
This is such an insult.

Reminds me when the government came in and told black mothers of your remove the father from the equation, the government will give you extra money. Years forward, the black family is far worse than before.

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX
This is such an insult.

Reminds me when the government came in and told black mothers of your remove the father from the equation, the government will give you extra money. Years forward, the black family is far worse than before.

Pretty much.

I'm half convinced at this stage that if Republicans are heartless racists, then Democrats are spineless racists who believe everything Repubs do and obsess over diffusing social unrest, at any cost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.