Dominion Voting Systems Files $1.6 Billion Defamation Lawsuit Against Fox News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Dominion Voting Systems has filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, saying the network spread false claims that the voting machine company was involved in voter fraud during the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

"Fox sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process," according to the lawsuit filed Friday in Delaware. "If this case does not rise to the level of defamation by a broadcaster, then nothing does."

Excellent!

I hope they win and win the full amount. Send a message to Fox and other Rightest outlets that this type of deplorable behavior will not be tolerated anymore.

Raptor22
"In response, Fox News issued a statement Friday morning stating that it "is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism"

laughing

Bashar Teg
foxnews' website still hasn't acknowledged it. weird smile

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Raptor22
"which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism"

That bits probably true.

cdtm
What damages?

Systems were already paid for, not like Fox cost them sales.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
foxnews' website still hasn't acknowledged it. weird smile

If it gets to the point where Fox believes this will cost them high-end millions, they'll take the "we're not really journalism, we're just entertainment and no reasonable person would believe us." or similar tactic as their defense.

cdtm
I can see that happening. thumb up

Raptor22
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That bits probably true. u wont get much of an argument from me there.

I more stock in what i hear in episodes of South Park than most news stations/sites.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Robtard
If it gets to the point where Fox believes this will cost them high-end millions, they'll take the "we're not really journalism, we're just entertainment and no reasonable person would believe us." or similar tactic as their defense. So u think they'll switch things up and go with the honest approach? smile

Bashar Teg
they still haven't acknowledged it. maybe they think the lawsuit will go away if they convince their audience that it doesn't exist

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm
What damages?

Systems were already paid for, not like Fox cost them sales.

Ohio county rejects Dominion voting machines in response to pressure from Trump supporters.

Adam_PoE
If it gets to the point where Fox believes this will cost them high-end millions, they'll take the "we're not really journalism, we're just entertainment and no reasonable person would believe us." or similar tactic as their defense.

When people act on their lies, and it causes material harm, then clearly people do believe them, so I do not know how that argument is going to work for them.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Ohio county rejects Dominion voting machines in response to pressure from Trump supporters.

I'll just wipe off the egg. 😖

cdtm

Dominion Voting Systems has filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, saying the network spread false claims that the voting machine company was involved in voter fraud during the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

"Fox sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process," according to the lawsuit filed Friday in Delaware. "If this case does not rise to the level of defamation by a broadcaster, then nothing does."

Excellent!

I hope they win and win the full amount. Send a message to Fox and other Rightest outlets that this type of deplorable behavior will not be tolerated anymore.

This is actually a good litmus test.

Hiding behind opinion is a pretty old trick. That's why you can get away with saying "Hillary Clinton is a traitor!" Just one man's opinion, what can you do?

Guess it depends on how well their bases are covered, and if they get a judge who says "Now wait a minute here.."

truejedi
Sidney Powell saying her statements were satirical is still my favorite thing to come out of the last week or so.

Blakemore
they still haven't acknowledged it. maybe they think the lawsuit will go away if they convince their audience that it doesn't exist I wouldn't have believed something like this 10 years ago, but now? I'm 90% sure.

Blakemore
Originally posted by cdtm
This is actually a good litmus test.

Hiding behind opinion is a pretty old trick. That's why you can get away with saying "Hillary Clinton is a traitor!" Just one man's opinion, what can you do?

Guess it depends on how well their bases are covered, and if they get a judge who says "Now wait a minute here.." Hillary Clinton was forced to stop her health care plan. Have you seen Sicko?

Robtard
When people act on their lies, and it causes material harm, then clearly people do believe them, so I do not know how that argument is going to work for them.

Their angle will be that the issue is not their lies (aka "Entertainment"wink, but the moronic people who listen and obey and they can't be held accountable for the acts of morons.Throwing their own followers under the bus, as you've mentioned before.

May work, may not. Probably not.

Adam_PoE
Their angle will be that the issue is not their lies (aka "Entertainment"wink, but the moronic people who listen and obey and they can't be held accountable for the acts of morons.Throwing their own followers under the bus, as you've mentioned before.

May work, may not. Probably not.

The premise of their argument is that their lies are so outrageous, that no reasonable person would believe they are true. That many people not only believe they are true, but act accordingly, demonstrates that is not the case. That is, unless they are prepared to argue that the Ohio Republicans are not reasonable people. It is a catch-22: they either have to undermine their own agenda, or drive away their own audience.

Old Man Whirly!
The premise of their argument is that their lies are so outrageous, that no reasonable person would believe they are true. That many people not only believe they are true, but act accordingly, demonstrates that is not the case. That is, unless they are prepared to argue that the Ohio Republicans are not reasonable people. It is a catch-22: they either have to undermine their own agenda, or drive away their own audience. Imagine if you are one of the Discord gang reading this right now and you realise you were fed lies and because of your bigotry and stupidity you believed it. Imagine... sad

Klaw
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Imagine if you are one of the Discord gang reading this right now and you realise you were fed lies and because of your bigotry and stupidity you believed it. Imagine... sad

Well if you think I'm bigoted and/or stupid, I guess I'm doing something right.

Bashar Teg
fox news still hasn't acknowledged reality. good luck with that, retards laughcrythumb up

https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=Dominion

truejedi
Believing the Big Lie is kinda a sad religion now.

Robtard
The premise of their argument is that their lies are so outrageous, that no reasonable person would believe they are true. That many people not only believe they are true, but act accordingly, demonstrates that is not the case. That is, unless they are prepared to argue that the Ohio Republicans are not reasonable people. It is a catch-22: they either have to undermine their own agenda, or drive away their own audience.

If so, they will throw their own viewers under the bus, because they know most of those people will eventually come back like beaten dogs.

Robtard
Imagine if you are one of the Discord gang reading this right now and you realise you were fed lies and because of your bigotry and stupidity you believed it. Imagine... sad

Sad

Blakemore
I'm glad I'm not there

Adam_PoE
If so, they will throw their own viewers under the bus, because they know most of those people will eventually come back like beaten dogs.

Many of their viewers have already turned on them for turning on Trump, i.e. factually reporting he is no longer president.

Robtard

Darth Thor
Makes sense. If theyre suing Fox News they should be suing the guy who came up with the claims in the first place.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Makes sense. If theyre suing Fox News they should be suing the guy who came up with the claims in the first place.

They are:

Attorneys for Dominion Voting Systems have asked a judge to reject MyPillow's request to dismiss a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit over election conspiracy theories, arguing that the pillow company should be held responsible for spreading the false belief that Dominion rigged the 2020 election.

In a motion on Friday, Dominion argued that MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's falsehood-filled rants about the election were made in his capacity as the head of the company and were meant to juice the company's profits.

Dominion notes that MyPillow offered discount codes such as "FightForTrump" and "QAnon."

cdtm
Probably won't go anywhere. Opinion punditry is pretty iron clad, no matter how much it damages people.

Adam_PoE
A Minneapolis-based Barnes & Thornburg partner representing My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell is "no longer with the firm," the firm said Friday, a day after the partner put his name on a new federal lawsuit accusing voting machine vendors Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic of using the courts to stifle Lindell's claims of election fraud.

The Am Law 100 firm said the partner did not receive authorization for the suit and the firm is immediately withdrawing as local counsel.

Robtard
Barnes & Thornburg is one of the largest law firms in the US. They know a lost and crazy cause when they see it.

Bashar Teg
lindell should just hire rudy, since he's looking for work. nothing but sound legal council there smile

Adam_PoE
Barnes & Thornburg is one of the largest law firms in the US. They know a lost and crazy cause when they see it.

Which is why they would never have agreed to represent him. Hence, why they fired the guy who went behind their back and signed them up to do it, and withdrew their representation. They found out about it on Twitter.

Blakemore
Lol ^

Adam_PoE
lindell should just hire rudy, since he's looking for work. nothing but sound legal council there smile

"I'm been sleeping on MyPillows for some time. I love them. They're simply the very best pillows ever made," Giuliani said in the most recent episode of his YouTube show, Rudy Giuliani's Common Sense. The 53-minute episode asked whether UFOs are real, in reference to a forthcoming Pentagon report on UFOs.

Giuliani continued the ad by stating that he "just found out" that MyPillow also offers other non-pillow products. When mentioning their slippers, he brandished a pair at the camera. Giuliani's YouTube channel mostly discusses political events through a right-wing lens. It has over 564,000 subscribers and releases two new videos a week.

6UAi10MNWSs

Robtard
Mike Lindell's lawyers said Dominion and Smartmatic's 'conspiracy' against him is set to cost the MyPillow CEO more than $2 billion

A lawsuit filed Thursday said MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell stands to lose more than $2 billion after voting-machine companies Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic engaged in a "conspiracy and enterprise to harm him." -snip

droolie

I really hope the part about Lindell losing 2billion is true, I hope he's sued into abject poverty by Dominion.

Bashar Teg
I hope he dies broke and homeless from shooting up bad heroin, after sucking his dealer's cock... preferably a black or hispanic cock for added ironic hilarity

Adam_PoE
I hope he dies broke and homeless from shooting up bad heroin, after sucking his dealer's cock... preferably a black or hispanic cock for added ironic hilarity

His drug of choice is crack.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!

Bashar Teg
I know it's been fraught with infrastructure disasters, drought, continued plague, and wrath of god climate change acceleration... but I must say 2021 has been comparatively awesome in america, considering the last few years smile

Adam_PoE
https://www.joemygod.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Osol-660x330.png

On January 27th, the pro-Trump channel OAN broadcast a segment interviewing an "expert mathematician" named Ed Solomon who claimed to have found evidence within precinct-level reporting that the election was rigged by an algorithm. The basis of Solomon's claim is that he found several precincts throughout the country reporting exactly the same results at various times throughout the vote tabulation process.

Solomon is not actually a mathematician, according to a lawsuit voting machine company Dominion filed against OAN for knowingly reporting defamatory claims against the company in the wake of Trump's loss. In fact, according to the lawsuit, Solomon is a convicted drug dealer and "was working as an 'installer' at a swing set construction company in Long Island" at the time of the interview.

Say goodbye to OAN, LOL.

Bashar Teg
swing set installer haha loser laughing out loud

Robtard
"according to the lawsuit, Solomon is a convicted drug dealer and "was working as an 'installer' at a swing set construction company in Long Island" at the time of the interview." -Snip

laughcry

What is it with the Right and their love of these clown-like fake experts.

Remember Melissa Carone? The drunk janitor who claimed to be an IT expert and testified.

jYQm9H7tWI8

Bashar Teg
strange how trump had access to all these uneducated and barely employable losers who also happen to be compulsive liars and completely devoted fans. that's so weird, isn't it?

Old Man Whirly!
strange how trump had access to all these uneducated and barely employable losers who also happen to be compulsive liars and completely devoted fans. that's so weird, isn't it? Well Ben Shapiro is their idea of a towering intellect.

Old Man Whirly!
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100372536

Donald Trump's allies Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Mike Lindell to face $1.76b lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems

Robtard
I hope they're sued into abject poverty. Hopefully Lindell has to sell his company to cover the costs.

I also hope OAN and Newsmax are sued into dissolution: The 2020 Election Is Back In Court, As Dominion Sues Conservative Media Outlets

Fox too, but they're big enough to take a massive hit.

Old Man Whirly!

Adam_PoE
Two weeks after the 2020 election, a team of lawyers closely allied with Donald J. Trump held a widely watched news conference at the Republican Party's headquarters in Washington. At the event, they laid out a bizarre conspiracy theory claiming that a voting machine company had worked with an election software firm, the financier George Soros, and Venezuela to steal the presidential contest from Trump.

But there was a problem for the Trump team, according to court documents released on Monday evening. By the time the news conference occurred on November 19th, Trump's campaign had already prepared an internal memo on many of the outlandish claims about the company, Dominion Voting Systems, and the separate software company, Smartmatic. The memo had determined that those allegations were untrue.

Old Man Whirly!
Two weeks after the 2020 election, a team of lawyers closely allied with Donald J. Trump held a widely watched news conference at the Republican Party's headquarters in Washington. At the event, they laid out a bizarre conspiracy theory claiming that a voting machine company had worked with an election software firm, the financier George Soros, and Venezuela to steal the presidential contest from Trump.

But there was a problem for the Trump team, according to court documents released on Monday evening. By the time the news conference occurred on November 19th, Trump's campaign had already prepared an internal memo on many of the outlandish claims about the company, Dominion Voting Systems, and the separate software company, Smartmatic. The memo had determined that those allegations were untrue. You honestly could not make it up. laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
Arizona!

Blakemore
Rudy is rude lol

Adam_PoE
Rudy Giuliani stated in a recent deposition that the Trump campaign had veto power over One America News reporter Christina Bobb's stories while she volunteered for the Trump legal team following the 2020 presidential election.

In a defamation lawsuit filed by former Dominion executive Eric Coomer against Donald Trump and several of his election-denying allies, including Giuliani and OAN, the former New York City mayor discussed the "agreement" he reached with OAN president Charles Herring to have Bobb work on the campaign's legal team.

"And my staff said she was terrific, she was very trustworthy, and if we could work out an agreement with One America News, it would be very helpful," Giuliani said in the deposition which was taken in August.

Robtard

Adam_PoE

Robtard
Did they disclose the $$$ damages being sought? Hopefully it's high enough Newsmax has to fold if/when they lose.

Blakemore
If it gets to the point where Fox believes this will cost them high-end millions, they'll take the "we're not really journalism, we're just entertainment and no reasonable person would believe us." or similar tactic as their defense. That means everyone who follows FOX isn't reasonable according to FOX laughing

Adam_PoE

Robtard
'What do you mean I have to verify if my evidence is real and factual before or after spewing it!?' -Old Rudy G

laughing

Thing is, they all know from Trump on down that the election fraud claims are bullshit and that Biden won in a fair election. These clowns are falling all over themselves now.

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
They are:

Attorneys for Dominion Voting Systems have asked a judge to reject MyPillow's request to dismiss a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit over election conspiracy theories, arguing that the pillow company should be held responsible for spreading the false belief that Dominion rigged the 2020 election.

In a motion on Friday, Dominion argued that MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's falsehood-filled rants about the election were made in his capacity as the head of the company and were meant to juice the company's profits.

Dominion notes that MyPillow offered discount codes such as "FightForTrump" and "QAnon."

The Smartmatic voting machine company has filed a scathing defamation lawsuit against Donald Trump ally and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, alleging he concocted lies about a rigged presidential election to sell his products.

"Crazy like a fox. Mike Lindell knows exactly what he is doing, and it is dangerous," Smartmatic said in its lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Minnesota.

The suit, which also names the MyPillow company as a defendant, also alleges deceptive trade practices and seeks unspecified monetary damages. Dominion Vote Systems also sued Lindell last year for $1.3 billion in damages for the "enormous harm" it says Lindell created with his "viral disinformation campaign" about the presidential election.

Robtard
I really, really, really want Mike Lindell to lose and have to pay the full 1.3 billion.

He'll have to declare bankruptcy, have all his assets liquidized and either sell or fold his crappy MyPillow company.

cdtm
The Smartmatic voting machine company has filed a scathing defamation lawsuit against Donald Trump ally and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, alleging he concocted lies about a rigged presidential election to sell his products.

"Crazy like a fox. Mike Lindell knows exactly what he is doing, and it is dangerous," Smartmatic said in its lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Minnesota.

The suit, which also names the MyPillow company as a defendant, also alleges deceptive trade practices and seeks unspecified monetary damages. Dominion Vote Systems also sued Lindell last year for $1.3 billion in damages for the "enormous harm" it says Lindell created with his "viral disinformation campaign" about the presidential election.

Or he's right and Dominion stole an election.

Adam_PoE
I really, really, really want Mike Lindell to lose and have to pay the full 1.3 billion.

He'll have to declare bankruptcy, have all his assets liquidized and either sell or fold his crappy MyPillow company.

Lindell, Powell, and Wood are all ****ed.

Robtard
Lindell, Powell, and Wood are all ****ed.

I do hope so, Giuliani as well, he's in the lawsuit. Make them all broke.

Adam_PoE

Bashar Teg
"MyPillow and Frank Speech didn't do nothing."

There's truth in that double negative

Adam_PoE
The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims. The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him.

The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR. Fox News declined comment.

The producer's email is among the voluminous correspondence acquired by Dominion's attorneys as part of its discovery of evidence in a $1.6 billion defamation suit it filed against Fox News and its parent company.

Robtard
"The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him." -snip

These Rightist do love their 4chan, 8kun, Zerohedge OAN and Stormfront "news" sources.

"The producer's email is among the voluminous correspondence acquired by Dominion's attorneys as part of its discovery of evidence in a $1.6 billion defamation suit it filed against Fox News and its parent company." -snip

Excellent.

Adam_PoE

Old Man Whirly!
A defamation lawsuit against Fox Corporation, Fox News Network, and Lou Dobbs can proceed toward trial, a judge ruled Monday after concluding that a Venezuelan businessman had made sufficient claims of being unfairly accused of trying to corrupt the 2020 U.S. presidential election to be permitted to gather more evidence.

The lawsuit filed last year alleged that businessman Majed Khalil was defamed by Dobbs on "Lou Dobbs Tonight" and in tweets.

It said the former Fox personality joined with attorney Sidney Powell on a December 2020 show to claim that Khalil and three others designed and developed programs and machines to corrupt the presidential election. thumb up Excellent.

Adam_PoE
Besieged by angry viewers, denounced by Donald Trump, questioned by some of its own stars, Fox News found itself in a near-impossible spot on Election Night 2020, after its election-analysis team announced before any other network that Joe Biden would win the pivotal swing state of Arizona.

Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott proved so flummoxed by what ensued that she warned colleagues, "We can't give the crazies an inch."

That is according to the account of a lawyer for Dominion Voting Systems, which is seeking $1.6 billion from Fox in a defamation suit over false allegations on the network that the company committed election fraud. A trial date is set for April in Delaware.

In a court proceeding earlier this week, Dominion's lawyer Justin Nelson revealed Scott's remarks while arguing that his legal team should be able to review the employment contract of 13 Fox News executives, including Scott's. Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric M. Davis ruled on Wednesday that Dominion is entitled to the contracts.

Additionally, Nelson argued that senior Fox News executives tried to stop pro-Trump network stars Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo from booking Trump's campaign lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell on their shows in the aftermath of the election to push baseless voter fraud conspiracies.

Robtard
"We can't give the crazies an inch."

laughing out loud

It's great how the upper hierarchy at Fox News knows their viewers are unhinged loonies.

Reminds of when the senior leaders of the NRA admitted their most loyal members are "hillbillies" and "fruitcakes".

Bashar Teg
sean hannity admitted he knew that trump lost the election. foxnews/murdoch is so screwed. but i guess hannity gets away with it?

Robtard
They all knew Trump lost and the election wasn't stolen back in Nov of 2020. There was less money to be made in saying that and they're still scared of Trump's cult and their love to violence.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/223/019/0f4.jpg

Adam_PoE

Robtard
^^"The entire, still-emerging picture of Fox is one of an organization that was scared to tell its viewers the truth and instead internalized what it saw as the business value of airing false and baseless claims from noncredible actors whether its own staff explicitly endorsed them or not." -AdamPoE

They all knew Trump lost and the election wasn't stolen back in Nov of 2020. There was less money to be made in saying that and they're still scared of Trump's cult and their love of violence.

Old Man Whirly!
'What do you mean I have to verify if my evidence is real and factual before or after spewing it!?' -Old Rudy G

laughing

Thing is, they all know from Trump on down that the election fraud claims are bullshit and that Biden won in a fair election. These clowns are falling all over themselves now. but Rob, still no real consequences.

Bashar Teg
but Rob, still no real consequences.

^THIS

Macklemore
They all knew Trump lost and the election wasn't stolen back in Nov of 2020. There was less money to be made in saying that and they're still scared of Trump's cult and their love to violence.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/223/019/0f4.jpg I think Trump would profit more if he made some excuse, watch Desantos lose to Biden and then say, "If I had run..."

Which might be his strategy.

Robtard
but Rob, still no real consequences.

That seems to be a given. For the most part, it looks like the majority of the big players are going to get away with trying to overturn a legal election and pushing election fraud lies that led to an insurrection and attempted coup.

Not even the big players, the majority of the goons that attacked the capital on behalf of the big players are getting away with it. Seems like it pays to be forever victims.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/24/fox-news-spreading-lies-16bn-dominion-lawsuit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Robtard
^ "Will a $1.6bn defamation lawsuit finally stop Fox News from spreading lies?"

No, lies is how they make their money. If they start telling the truth, they'll lose 90+% of the viewers. eg It's why they're still pushing the 2020 election fraud lies.

Old Man Whirly!
^ "Will a $1.6bn defamation lawsuit finally stop Fox News from spreading lies?"

No, lies is how they make their money. If they start telling the truth, they'll lose 90+% of the viewers. eg It's why they're still pushing the 2020 election fraud lies. maybe, probably, quite likely Rob!

Bashar Teg
imagine if every u.s. citizen had dominion's rights.

Old Man Whirly!
imagine if every u.s. citizen had dominion's rights. it would be fantastic.

Patient_Leech
Lol @ Focks News finally being COMPLETELY outed as a lying propaganda wing of the Republican Party (not that we didn't already know, of course). But it's sad that most Focks viewers probably won't notice or care. They still want to be lied to so they can stay in their echo chamber.

cdtm
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lol @ Focks News finally being COMPLETELY outed as a lying propaganda wing of the Republican Party (not that we didn't already know, of course). But it's sad that most Focks viewers probably won't notice or care. They still want to be lied to so they can stay in their echo chamber.

Murdoch lost his nerve, the election was stolen and everyone knows it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Dominion and SmarTech are out for blood. Their reputations are on the line, so it is not likely they are not going to accept a settlement. This is going to financially devastate Fox News, and cost it its viewership.

Robtard
Not so sure it will cost them many viewers as Fox News viewers do not care, even if they read the text messages of Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity admitting they pushed the election lies to keep the company stock up and they'll go "meh".

Bashar Teg
Not so sure it will cost them many viewers as Fox News viewers do not care, even if they read the text messages of Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity admitting they pushed the election lies to keep the company stock up and they'll go "meh".

it's because they too knew it was a lie all along, and they think that they're cutie pies.

Adam_PoE

Being forced to tell the truth will cost them viewers. When they announced for Biden, they immediately lost market share to OAN and other networks that were willing to be more extreme with their conspiracy theories and rhetoric. They have created this monster, and now it is going to turn on them.

Robtard
Good.

Robtard

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis on Wednesday sanctioned Fox News and its parent company Fox Corporation for withholding evidence in the Dominion defamation suit, and said he is considering further investigation and censure.

According to a person present in the courtroom, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems played recordings Fox News producer Abby Grossberg made during 2020, which were not handed over to Dominion's lawyers during discovery.

The sanction gives Dominion a chance to conduct another deposition at Fox's expense. In an amended filing Tuesday, she said she had recorded conversations with Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and others.

The judge overseeing the case said that he plans to appoint an outside attorney to investigate whether the right-wing network lied to the court to withhold key evidence, after repeatedly expressing exasperation and frustration with Fox's attorneys.

"I am very concerned that there have been misrepresentations to the court. This is very serious," Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis said Wednesday at a pretrial hearing in Wilmington.

The extraordinary move, on the brink of the trial starting next week, is the latest blow to Fox News as it tries to fend off the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit that Dominion filed in the wake of the 2020 presidential election.

Robtard
Fox Sanctioned for Withholding Evidence

Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis on Wednesday sanctioned Fox News and its parent company Fox Corporation for withholding evidence in the Dominion defamation suit, and said he is considering further investigation and censure.

According to a person present in the courtroom, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems played recordings Fox News producer Abby Grossberg made during 2020, which were not handed over to Dominion's lawyers during discovery.

The sanction gives Dominion a chance to conduct another deposition at Fox's expense. In an amended filing Tuesday, she said she had recorded conversations with Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and others.

The judge overseeing the case said that he plans to appoint an outside attorney to investigate whether the right-wing network lied to the court to withhold key evidence, after repeatedly expressing exasperation and frustration with Fox's attorneys.

"I am very concerned that there have been misrepresentations to the court. This is very serious," Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis said Wednesday at a pretrial hearing in Wilmington.

The extraordinary move, on the brink of the trial starting next week, is the latest blow to Fox News as it tries to fend off the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit that Dominion filed in the wake of the 2020 presidential election.

Sounds like Dominion should be suing for more than 1.6 billion at this point.

Adam_PoE
After everyone gets their piece, Fox News may finally be over.

Robtard
Am hoping that lawsuit from the one share holder has a cascading effect and all the other share holders want a piece of the pie too.

Adam_PoE
Last night, Fox News tried to settle out of court. The judge in the case said that the trial will proceed on Tuesday. Nice try, rat ****ers.

Bashar Teg
laughing out loudeat

Robtard
We only got a teeny tiny little taste of all the behind the scenes, letters, text and emails that happened at Fox news. I suspect the person who's going to have their feelings hurt the most when all of it comes out will be Trump.

eg Tucker always though Trump was a moron and a "demonic force" smile

Bashar Teg
bad news: dominion settles

cdtm

What, you didn't want Fox on the hook for 700.mil?

Bashar Teg
click here]?

i think not thumb down

Robtard

That sucks, Dominion could have taken them for everything and thoroughly embarrassed Fox further, instead of going for the easy 1billion (or so).

Adam_PoE
That sucks, Dominion could have taken them for everything and thoroughly embarrassed Fox further, instead of going for the easy 1billion (or so).

Fox News acknowledged lying and agreed to pay $787.5M.

Robtard
Which is still a huge "F##K YOU!" to Fox News and all their viewers, agreed.

But Dominion was in a position to further expose and embarrass them even further, but they went for the easy/sure money instead. Which I get, almost 800million dollars buys a lot of Skittles.

Then of course, I do believe that even in Murdock, Carlson, Hannity etc all sat on the stand and said "we lied, we knew there was no fraud, we just told our viewers what they wanted to hear" as all the text and memos we saw stated, your average Fox viewers still wouldn't care.

Adam_PoE
Fox News is still being sued by SmarTech too.

Old Man Whirly!
Saw all this in the Guardian this morning, did lol.

Adam_PoE
Smartmatic attorney Eric Connolly vows that the company will not settle with Fox News:

"They are looking to take this case through trial. They are looking for the vindication of a jury verdict in their favor. That was their intention when they filed this lawsuit. That is their intention today. Smartmatic spent over 20 years building a global reputation as being one of the very best election technology companies in the world.

And in order for them to get back to where they were before this all started, where they can win the contracts that they're now losing, they need to get an apology, they need to get a full retraction, because they're in that business for the long haul. This is a family-owned business that spent their whole lives building this."

Bashar Teg
i trust the word lawyers about as much as that of big corporations, which is coincidentally exactly as far as i can throw a dumptruck

Robtard
Fox News dumped Tucker Carlson, he wasn't even allowed to do a last farewell to this viewers episode: Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump and the in-fighting at Fox News

I love it when Rightist eat each other, so good smile

Robtard
Tucker Carlson leaves Fox News

His departure appears to have been sudden and came without the usual farewell that might be expected from a long-serving presenter.

A video shared on Twitter by journalist Aaron Rupar appears to show Mr Carlson ending his show on Friday with the words "we'll be back on Monday".

Seems like Tucker wasn't aware he was going to be fired smile

I'm sure he can get a job at an even further Right news outlet like The Daily Wire, Newsmax or One America News.

Old Man Whirly!

His departure appears to have been sudden and came without the usual farewell that might be expected from a long-serving presenter.

A video shared on Twitter by journalist Aaron Rupar appears to show Mr Carlson ending his show on Friday with the words "we'll be back on Monday".

I'm sure he can get a job at an even further Right news outlet like The Daily Wire, Newsmax or One America News. This is so hilarious given history.

Robtard
Fox News is cutting out malignant tumors they nursed and helped grow, to try and stop the life's blood of money flowing.

cdtm
Smartmatic attorney Eric Connolly vows that the company will not settle with Fox News:

"They are looking to take this case through trial. They are looking for the vindication of a jury verdict in their favor. That was their intention when they filed this lawsuit. That is their intention today. Smartmatic spent over 20 years building a global reputation as being one of the very best election technology companies in the world.

And in order for them to get back to where they were before this all started, where they can win the contracts that they're now losing, they need to get an apology, they need to get a full retraction, because they're in that business for the long haul. This is a family-owned business that spent their whole lives building this."

This is just a bald faced money grab, they ain'r never getting those contracts again. Rightfully so, the thieves.

StyleTime
Then of course, I do believe that even in Murdock, Carlson, Hannity etc all sat on the stand and said "we lied, we knew there was no fraud, we just told our viewers what they wanted to hear" as all the text and memos we saw stated, your average Fox viewers still wouldn't care.
Yep. Judging from comments online, they've convinced themselves that settling out of court just means Dominion was hiding something they didn't want exposed.

It's pretty insane.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yep. Judging from comments online, they've convinced themselves that settling out of court just means Dominion was hiding something they didn't want exposed.

It's pretty insane.

Fox was in on the steal. Tucker wasn't told, or knew and wasn't brave enough to blow the whistle.

The GOP hates Trump as much as the DNC because Trump is an outsider and man of integrity.

Robtard
Originally posted by StyleTime

It's pretty insane.

laughing out loud

Fox paid nearly $800 million because Dominion was hiding something. Makes perfect sense. Oh Trumpers...

Adam_PoE
laughing out loud

Fox paid nearly $800 million because Dominion was hiding something. Makes perfect sense. Oh Trumpers...

And they fired their highest-rate personality, because he was an asset to the company, and not a total liability.

Robtard
And they fired their highest-rate personality, because he was an asset to the company, and not a total liability. I wonder if it's physically painful being that delusional.

Maybe that's why they're always so grumpy and angry and whining.

Adam_PoE
I wonder if it's physically painful being that delusional.

Maybe that's why they're always so grumpy and angry and whining.

They are rage-a-holics. They love nothing more than getting triggered over something inconsequential, because then they get to feel righteous indignation.

Adam_PoE
Fox News dumped Tucker Carlson, he wasn't even allowed to do a last farewell to this viewers episode: Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump and the in-fighting at Fox News

I love it when Rightist eat each other, so good smile

I'm sure he can get a job at an even further Right news outlet like The Daily Wire, Newsmax or One America News.

Tucker Carlson became a free agent Monday, and at least one suitor may have already emerged for the controversial right-wing cable host. Russia Today, the state-run television network that broadcasts in the U.S. and around the world as "RT," hinted that it could be a landing spot for Carlson after the his surprising dismissal from Fox News. Carlson has promoted conspiracy theories about Russia's invasion of Ukraine that have been picked up by the Russian state media channel.

https://i.imgur.com/pS9l56K.png

A prominent anchor on Russian state TV said later that day that the U.S. mainstream media had "lost its last remaining voice of reason" after Fox host Tucker Carlson abruptly left the network. In an email to Carlson posted to Telegram, Vladimir Solovyov, said he "wholeheartedly" supported Carlson's decision.

"You have our admiration and support in any endeavor you choose for yourself next, be it running for president of the United States (which you probably should totally do, by the way) or making an independent media project," Solovyov said. "We'll happily offer you a job if you wish to carry on as a presenter and host!"

Robtard
Who was it that kept souring "RT" in here back in 2016-2020? Time-Immemorial/Broly Black?

Anyhow, I'm fine with Tucker going to Russian Today News, he's free to do whatever he likes concerning his career. I did laugh how they spun it as Tucker leaving Fox and not Fox dumping him without notice.

Adam_PoE
Fox News was hit on Wednesday with another defamation lawsuit, this one from a woman who said the network promoted lies about her that generated serious threats to her safety and harmed her career prospects. The suit was filed on behalf of Nina Jankowicz, the former executive director of a short-lived Department of Homeland Security division assigned with coordinating efforts to monitor and address disinformation threats to national security.

Right-wing pundits and politicians falsely portrayed her group as part of an Orwellian bid to control the speech and thought of ordinary Americans. Ms. Jankowicz, a prominent specialist in Russian disinformation and online harassment, became the primary subject of their attacks. In 300 mentions over eight months on Fox last year, she was repeatedly demeaned and defamed in highly personal language, the lawsuit asserts.

Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Maria Bartiromo are among those named in the lawsuit.

Old Man Whirly!
They are rage-a-holics. They love nothing more than getting triggered over something inconsequential, because then they get to feel righteous indignation. I've triggered whole forums with a grammatical error, weirdo's online are weirdo's online. As Donald Trump might say, it is what it is.

Bashar Teg
I've triggered whole forums with a grammatical error, weirdo's online are weirdo's online. As Donald Trump might say, it is what it is.

THOSE APOSTROPHES ARE NOT APPROPRIATELY USED YOU GODDAMN ******* ******** *****!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *self harming*

Old Man Whirly!
THOSE APOSTROPHES ARE NOT APPROPRIATELY USED YOU GODDAMN ******* ******** *****!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *self harming* laughing out loud

Robtard
Fox News was hit on Wednesday with another defamation lawsuit, this one from a woman who said the network promoted lies about her that generated serious threats to her safety and harmed her career prospects. The suit was filed on behalf of Nina Jankowicz, the former executive director of a short-lived Department of Homeland Security division assigned with coordinating efforts to monitor and address disinformation threats to national security.

Right-wing pundits and politicians falsely portrayed her group as part of an Orwellian bid to control the speech and thought of ordinary Americans. Ms. Jankowicz, a prominent specialist in Russian disinformation and online harassment, became the primary subject of their attacks. In 300 mentions over eight months on Fox last year, she was repeatedly demeaned and defamed in highly personal language, the lawsuit asserts.

Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Maria Bartiromo are among those named in the lawsuit.

Noice.

Let Fox keep bleeding money

Old Man Whirly!
Noice.

Let Fox keep bleeding money they will, once Harry wins against the rightwing Tabloid press in the UK all Murdoxh's business purveying lies will be fair game here also, first for the wealthy, then for no win, no fee speculative cases. It's coming down for these deplorables all over the world.

Robtard
Excellent

FalconPaunch!
I remember when FOX news was dubbed "faux news" back in the early days of the Iraq war and pre-Iraq invasion when the internet was still relatively new and a novelty.

This "fake news" meme holds nothing compared to the shit FOX has produced over the last 2 and a half decades.

Adam_PoE

Robtard

Adam_PoE
Trump will not even pay Giulianni, whom he hired. He is definitely not paying Lindell, who embarked on this fool's errand of his own volition.

Robtard
Lindell's going to end up broke after these lawsuits. Good.

Old Man Whirly!
Trump will not even pay Giulianni, whom he hired. He is definitely not paying Lindell, who embarked on this fool's errand of his own volition.

Remember Trump's fortune is grossly inflated laughing out loud

Adam_PoE

Robtard

Robtard

Robtard

Bashar Teg

Robtard
Apparently he was worth upwards of 500 million prior to 2016, with all his assets and estimated value of My Pillow.

He spent upwards of 50 million of his own money trying to prove the 2020 election was stolen. Close to 1 million a day on his failed "Frank Talk" social media platform.

Now My Pillow is worth 5% of what it was, should he sell and the lawsuits he's facing are HEFTY.

Mike Lindell is a cautionary tale for all Trumpers.

Robtard
In the wake of the 2020 election, the president of the far-right network One America News sent a potentially explosive email to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with a spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company Smartmatic, according to court filings." -snip

Nice. Let the lawsuits and criminal indictments fly at One America News.

FalconPaunch!
wth

Robtard
Pretty straight forward, another example of Rightist who accused the Democrats of election fraud, were in fact the ones committing the election fraud.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>