MCU Flag Smasher vs. JL Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: JL Batman
Round 2: Non Canon Snydercut version

Who wins
H2H Only

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11146/111464909/7880613-4964558730-78677.gif

riv6672
Bane dies.

Maybe Batman, too.

FrothByte
Batman gets demolished.

BruceSkywalker
DCEU Batman sucks

Bane dies first followed by Bruce

riv6672
Nolan Batman sucks more than any other Batman that ever was.

Affleck is the best Batman that never had a solo movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
Nolan Batman sucks more than any other Batman that ever was.

Affleck is the best Batman that never had a solo movie.

he might get one on hbo max

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
I wonder how much your actual physical build translates to your abilities as a Super Soldier. Like could Karli replicate Cap or Bucky's plane jumping feats to the exact same degree that they performed them? Because, technically, she wouldn't need to be as strong as Bucky to launch him like she does in that gif, especially if she caught him by surprise with a kick or a punch (which seems to be the case, as he'd thought her to be the hostage at that point). Just strong enough to send a 200lbs man flying, which any Super Soldier should be strong enough to do. Still, could also be that the boost is extreme enough that the base physique level doesn't make that much of a difference to the final result, in which case she'd probably be on virtually equal terms to them.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I wonder how much your actual physical build translates to your abilities as a Super Soldier. Like could Karli replicate Cap or Bucky's plane jumping feats to the exact same degree that they performed them? Because, technically, she wouldn't need to be as strong as Bucky to launch him like she does in that gif, especially if she caught him by surprise with a kick or a punch (which seems to be the case, as he'd thought her to be the hostage at that point). Just strong enough to send a 200lbs man flying, which any Super Soldier should be strong enough to do. Still, could also be that the boost is extreme enough that the base physique level doesn't make that much of a difference to the final result, in which case she'd probably be on virtually equal terms to them.

And Isaiah was strong enough to tear Bucky's arm in half. I'm not sure if it was the same arm he had when he fought Cap, but nonetheless it's extremely impressive. It seems all people with or similar to "super soldier" in their description are roughly the same strength, but are still at the end of the day "normal" people with normal dimensions. Bucky, Cap, and T'Challa all tossed each other around pretty easily and we know how individually strong they all are. So people who can kick trucks around and hold down helicopters and jump off buildings shouldn't have trouble knocking each other around because they weigh nothing compared to what they can actually move around.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
And Isaiah was strong enough to tear Bucky's arm in half. I'm not sure if it was the same arm he had when he fought Cap, but nonetheless it's extremely impressive. It seems all people with or similar to "super soldier" in their description are roughly the same strength, but are still at the end of the day "normal" people with normal dimensions. Bucky, Cap, and T'Challa all tossed each other around pretty easily and we know how individually strong they all are. So people who can kick trucks around and hold down helicopters and jump off buildings shouldn't have trouble knocking each other around because they weigh nothing compared to what they can actually move around.

Yeah, that's my point. Any of the Super Soldiers should be strong enough to ragdoll any of the other Super Soldiers with clean hits or kicks, because they're all capable of easily handling the weight of an average adult male, which is why Karli punting Bucky isn't necessarily evidence that she's an exact physical equal to any of the much larger male Super Soldiers, hence why I am wondering if she could take a 200-foot drop (we know the height thanks to Torres' dialogue) onto solid ground from a plane like Bucky and then proceed to sprint to a building afterwards. I suppose we'll have to see more of her to know for sure.

Because, IIRC, the average floor/story height is like 14 feet, which would make that a roughly 14-story drop.

KingD19
Yeah, that's my point. Any of the Super Soldiers should be strong enough to ragdoll any of the other Super Soldiers with clean hits or kicks, because they're all capable of easily handling the weight of an average adult male, which is why Karli punting Bucky isn't necessarily evidence that she's an exact physical equal to any of the much larger male Super Soldiers, hence why I am wondering if she could take a 200-foot drop (we know the height thanks to Torres' dialogue) onto solid ground from a plane like Bucky and then proceed to sprint to a building afterwards. I suppose we'll have to see more of her to know for sure.

Because, IIRC, the average floor/story height is like 14 feet, which would make that a roughly 14-story drop.

The Flag Smasher who tossed around Torres didn't seem quite as strong if only because he only fought normal people. So I honestly have no idea how they want us to see things. I'm sure when they finally focus on Power Broker and his serum we'll get a full or at least satisfactory explanation on how they work and the comparisons to Cap's serum.

And yeah Bucky's already jumped off several buildings and bridges so while the fall is impressive, it's nothing new for him.

FrothByte

I always figured that the SS serum elevated the person to the same max stats, with the only difference between them being skill and experience. I mean, before their respective transformations Bucky was a lot bigger and fitter than Steve Rogers, but after the serum they ended up with more or less equal stats.

The only other thing that might make a difference is the quality of the SS serum used.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I always figured that the SS serum elevated the person to the same max stats, with the only difference between them being skill and experience. I mean, before their respective transformations Bucky was a lot bigger and fitter than Steve Rogers, but after the serum they ended up with more or less equal stats.

The only other thing that might make a difference is the quality of the SS serum used.

Well, Steve was a bit different in that he was also exposed to vita rays during his Super Soldier transformation process, which could help account for the added bulk and height. Because the Flag Smashers themselves, both men and women, seem to have variation in their size and bulk despite all being Super Soldiers as well. But, like I said, we'll probably get a more clear picture in the next couple of episodes.

FrothByte
Well, Steve was a bit different in that he was also exposed to vita rays during his Super Soldier transformation process, which could help account for the added bulk and height. Because the Flag Smashers themselves, both men and women, seem to have variation in their size and bulk despite all being Super Soldiers as well. But, like I said, we'll probably get a more clear picture in the next couple of episodes.

Maybe you can only grow to your max genetically natural height and weight. Rogers was stunted due to how sickly he was but I doubt he would have been that small naturally had he been healthy. So a healthy 5'4" woman probably won't gain any extra height.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Maybe you can only grow to your max genetically natural height and weight. Rogers was stunted due to how sickly he was but I doubt he would have been that small naturally had he been healthy. So a healthy 5'4" woman probably won't gain any extra height.

Which circles back to my original point, wondering what the physical disparity might be between a 5'6" female Super Soldier (which is the height of the actress who plays Karli) and a 6' male Super Soldier (which is how tall Sebastian Stan is, for example), and how much your actual physical size and build matters after getting the SSS amp. Because if the serum enhances you proportionally then there might be a notable gap. But if it adds roughly the same net gain to everyone then pure physical size and build won't be much of a factor to the end result.

TheVaultDweller
Well, we basically got an answer to this in the latest episode. The new serum is specifically designed not to spark any notable physical changes while still allowing the recipient to gain the full benefits of the serum. So, chances are all the Flag Smashers are at least peers to the original Super Soldiers in terms of physical stats, irrespective of their physical appearance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.