Would you play Russian Roulette?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
One bullet in the chamber, six blanks. Just because one is deadly, doesn't mean the next pull of the trigger will kill you.

This is how I see politics.

"Just because they screwed us over last time, doesn't prove they will now."

Pull that trigger.

Blakemore
Terrible metaphor.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't want a blank going off against my temple thanks.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I don't want a blank going off against my temple thanks. allergic to gun powder? laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by Blakemore
Terrible metaphor.

Is it really?

Bad political actors have been responsible for a lot of deaths. Talking documented stuff, from declassified material (Plus the bombing of innocent civilians everyone knows about. Bush Jr., Bill Clinton, and even Obama have blood on their hands)

Old Man Whirly!
allergic to gun powder? laughing out loud Blanks can do you damage, they often have a cap made of plastic or paper and come out of most guns at between 800 and 1300 ft per second. That with cause a nasty dent and quite probably kill you if barrel against skin.

Old Man Whirly!
Barrels also get ****ing hot and if it is a glue plug in your blank, it will be ****ing hot too and exert a f load of pressure.

Blakemore
Ouch.

Robtard
allergic to gun powder? laughing out loud Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Blanks can do you damage, they often have a cap made of plastic or paper and come out of most guns at between 800 and 1300 ft per second. That with cause a nasty dent and quite probably kill you if barrel against skin.

Yep. Brandon Lee was accidentally killed by a blank.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Yep. Brandon Lee was accidentally killed by a blank. I've said it a million times on this board in the UK I have absolutely no legitimate reason to have a gun. The fact I Clay Pigeon shoot is not in my opinion a legitimate reason and the risk of them falling into the wrong hands is my selfishness of not getting rid of them. I really should. Guns are ****ing stupid. I have an assault rifle in my Apartment here now since the endSars riots about six months ago, rioting, shooting and looting made me, I'm not sure its the sensible decision. Hopefully its safe enough to finish that work in the North now so I will probably be vanishing again soon.

Blakemore
About 10 years ago I went to my mum's allotment to collect some carrots and this old dude she knew shot two pidgeons for eating later.

I can see why that shouldn't be illegal...

But shooting people for whatever reason? No.

Raptor22
About 10 years ago I went to my mum's allotment to collect some carrots and this old dude she knew shot two pidgeons for eating later. This story reminds me of the time farmer Maggot over reacted to me and my cousin stealing some wild mushrooms from his crop.

Blakemore
No, the point was he used a gun to get some food. It wasn't stealing, he just wanted to shoot the critters, butcher them, then cook them. I mean, that is basic hunting.

Don't shoot people. sick

Mindship
Russian Roulette. Glad you mentioned it.

I metaphorize RR when I see crowds of people during covid, the most recent being Spring Break. I wonder, if six is too risky, how many chambers would the gun have to have where most would say, yes.

ilikecomics
I'm suicidal, so yeah.
Let's party

Old Man Whirly!
About 10 years ago I went to my mum's allotment to collect some carrots and this old dude she knew shot two pidgeons for eating later.

I can see why that shouldn't be illegal...

But shooting people for whatever reason? No. Yeah, but "Access" is problem imo,most people have lost the plot a few times in their lives whether they admit it or not. At those time having a gun available probably isn't a good idea.

ilikecomics
Yeah, but "Access" is problem imo,most people have lost the plot a few times in their lives whether they admit it or not. At those time having a gun available probably isn't a good idea.

I'm pro gun because pro liberty, in general, but on a personal level I'm very anti gun.

Blakemore
On second thought, I hate to admit this, but I'd like to have a gun to stop some maniac.

Klaw
I wouldn't own a gun personally, but people have the right to have guns.

cdtm
On second thought, I hate to admit this, but I'd like to have a gun to stop some maniac.

I'm not so bad.

Blakemore
I wasn't referring to you 😂 Just the off chance I encounter some nutter XD

FredHokk
For sure no

Blakemore
You're welcome 😄

I was talking about a hypothetical scenario where some maniac could harm people. I'd keep a gun and try to de-fvck the situation. Canadian-style.😆

rudester
I'll play.

StyleTime
I don't want a blank going off against my temple thanks.
thumb up

In Russian Roulette, the other chambers are supposed to be empty. Not loaded with blanks.

Blakemore
xNNpFKVE3Mw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.