GA Republicans Pass New Voting Laws

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Newjak
I'm still waiting to see if we get ungerrymandered up here in Ohio so it doesn't surprise me that the GOP would pull this stunt.

Blakemore
I voted "**** you Robtard" XD sorry, it's still funny.

In all seriousness, if the president comes out and says this is immoral, the republicans are probably being shady.

Robtard
Republicans are dirty bastards. Hopefully this is overturned in the courts before 2022.

Blakemore
Yeah, they're not helping themselves.

BackFire
Well, they are helping themselves if this sticks.

Blakemore
Most of them are like Ben Shapiro. 🤯

Robtard
Originally posted by Blakemore
Yeah, they're not helping themselves.

Yeah, as BF said, they're absolutely helping themselves win if this doesn't get overturned. By hook or crook, the Republican method of winning.

Blakemore
🤯

Adam_PoE
The Department of Justice is suing Georgia over its sweeping election law recently passed by Republicans, alleging it violates the federal Voting Rights Act by seeking to disenfranchise voters.

Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco has also issued a directive to all federal prosecutors and the FBI instructing them to prioritize investigations and prosecutions of individuals who have issued threats against elections officials.

Attorney General Merrick Garland also weighed in on recent Republican efforts to conduct so-called "audits" of the counts from the 2020 election, saying the department is developing guidance to ensure they comply with federal law. The department is also set to publish new guidance related to the upcoming congressional redistricting following the 2020 census.

Garland had signaled just last week that the department's Civil Rights Division would be taking a more aggressive stance against efforts to curb voting rights and voter access, saying in a speech that over the next 30 days he would seek to double the number of staff who handle voting rights protections.

"We are scrutinizing new laws that seek to curb voter access, and where we see violations, we will not hesitate to act," Garland said. "We are also scrutinizing current laws and practices in order to determine whether they discriminate against black voters and other voters of color."

At least 15 GOP-led states have enacted legislation with restrictive voting provisions in the 2021 legislative session, according to the Brennan Center for Justice. Garland told reporters Friday that officials in the department's civil rights section are actively reviewing election laws across the country for potential violations of federal law and will not hesitate to bring similar action to what they are now bringing against Georgia.

Adam_PoE

Robtard
Good news. But they need to invest more than 25million in combating these sweeping Republican voter suppression laws. Lost track in how many states the GOP is doing it.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not voting on this bullshit poll because all the choices are... well... bullshit lol.

"Omg, how dare Georgia pass laws that make it harder for people to cheat! This is just unacceptable! How are we supposed to cheat to win an election when they're making it so hard to do so? It's not fair! Hey, let's just make up the BS claim that what Georgia is doing is racist and suppressing legitimate voters, that'll work! Certainly all of our braindead minions will do our bidding and repeat this lie everywhere!"-- democrats laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Not voting on this bullshit poll because all the choices are... well... bullshit lol.

"Omg, how dare Georgia pass laws that make it harder for people to cheat! This is just unacceptable! How are we supposed to cheat to win an election when they're making it so hard to do so? It's not fair! Hey, let's just make up the BS claim that what Georgia is doing is racist and suppressing legitimate voters, that'll work! Certainly all of our braindead minions will do our bidding and repeat this lie everywhere!"-- democrats laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

^Typical Trumper who can't accept the legal results of the 2020 election

dynamix
Originally posted by Robtard
^Typical Trumper who can't accept the legal results of the 2020 election

i like all the proofs he gave.

Klaw
https://i.imgflip.com/5fycow.jpg

eThneoLgrRnae
LOL.

snowdragon
Frankly, alot of tears over very few concerns........:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factchecking-claims-about-the-georgia-voting-law/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56650565

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon
Frankly, alot of tears over very few concerns........:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factchecking-claims-about-the-georgia-voting-law/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56650565 The BBC article misses a key point on the time restrictions part.

The problem was allowing voting times to be restricted only to 9 to 5. Eliminating the ability for working people to go after work or even before work and that because the early or late voting times aren't required it creates loophole to shut them down at 5.

Robtard
@snowdragon

Sure, if you focus on the minor inaccuracies being thrown about and ignore the legit issues, in reality though there should be concern: https://www.gpb.org/news/2021/03/27/what-does-georgias-new-voting-law-sb-202-do

Newjak
Originally posted by Klaw
https://i.imgflip.com/5fycow.jpg It's quite sad you find it humorous that the GOP is making a state more favorable to them by putting in laws that make it harder to vote because they know higher turnout works against them.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Newjak
The BBC article misses a key point on the time restrictions part.

The problem was allowing voting times to be restricted only to 9 to 5. Eliminating the ability for working people to go after work or even before work.

And it goes on to say:

And it also gives you absentee voting with no excuses:

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon
And it goes on to say:

And it also gives you absentee voting with no excuses: I edited my response to be more clear with what I was saying.

So your response is invalid.

The fact 7am to 7pm isn't mandatory is the problem. The GOP with this law can effectively make it so the time is 9-5.

Newjak
Let's be honest here almost all of these laws are going to drive down voter turnout by making it harder to vote.

Which is what the GOP want.

Bashar Teg
It's quite sad you find it humorous that the GOP is making a state more favorable to them by putting in laws that make it harder to vote because they know higher turnout works against them.

he's just being a good little fascist

Robtard
Let's be honest here almost all of these laws are going to drive down voter turnout by making it harder to vote.

The GOP has been saying that higher voter turnout is detrimental to them since at least the early 80's, Paul Weyrich is a classic example.

Trump expressed the same sentiment back in March of 2020 during a Fox news interview. More voting mean the GOP won't win.

So they all know and why they have no problem (hence the hand-waving of the issue) with certain states enacting laws that make it harder to vote; especially certain demographic they do poorly in.

eThneoLgrRnae

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
Let's be honest here, these Georgia voting laws only make it harder for cheaters to cheat. Let's not kid ourselves by saying it suppresses legitimate voters, kay? wink

Newjak
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Let's be honest here, these Georgia voting laws only make it harder for cheaters to cheat. Let's not kid ourselves by saying it suppresses legirimate voters, kay? laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, truth hurts I know.

eThneoLgrRnae
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Robtard
Yeah, truth hurts I know.

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." -Paul Weyrich

Old Man Whirly!
"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." -Paul Weyrich thumb up Rob wields the scalpel dissecting the issues and trumpers with a single stroke.

Robtard
That GOP mindset likely goes back much further. The "New Right" part 2 started in the mid 60's.

eThneoLgrRnae
Pooty still shakin' dem pom poms lol

Pooty Bot -- KMC's designated cheerleader. laughing out loud

Newjak
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Adam_PoE
https://i.imgflip.com/5fycow.jpg

Thanks for proving me right:

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Radicalized right-wingers fetishize Asian women and love anime.

It's quite sad you find it humorous that the GOP is making a state more favorable to them by putting in laws that make it harder to vote because they know higher turnout works against them.

The notion that progressives are afraid of voter ID is just another far-right fantasy. When polled, even on KMC, progressives do not necessarily oppose voter ID, so long as the government provides it for free to every eligible voter.

Adam_PoE

Robtard
"What's the point? I mean, all the small counties are red." -Steve Toth (R-TX)

https://media.tenor.com/images/58f2c7beb764ded7b3d8ebec446bf323/tenor.gif

snowdragon
What's more important ballet issues or voting...looking at our last election.....I see where this ends.

cdtm

Adam_PoE

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae
Texas Governor signed it into laew.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Hooray for more secure elections! thumb up thumb up

Robtard
Today, the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.; Reed Smith, LLP; and The Arc filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of the Houston Area Urban League; Houston Justice; Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; and The Arc of Texas challenging S.B. 1, a new Texas law targeting voting rights.

S.B. 1 includes a series of suppressive voting-related provisions that will make it much harder for Texas residents to vote and disenfranchise some altogether, particularly black and latino voters, and voters with disabilities.

The lawsuit, which was filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, argues that S.B. 1 violates the First, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution and Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act by intentionally targeting and burdening methods and means of voting used by voters of color.

The Plaintiffs also claim that the law violates the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Section 208 of the Voting Rights Act by imposing voting barriers that will discriminate against voters with disabilities and deny people with disabilities full and equal opportunities to participate in the state's voting programs.

The lawsuit challenges multiple provisions in S.B. 1, including:

Limitations on early voting hours and a ban on 24-hour voting
The elimination of drive-thru voting centers
The prohibition of mail-in ballot drop-boxes
Limitations on the distribution of mail-in ballot applications
Limitations and possible penalties for voter assistants, including criminal felonies

Amendment violations and violating the Americans with Disabilities Act might be enough to overthrow these shit laws, hopefully it pans out.

ArtificialGlory
I agree with making having a valid ID a requirement to vote, but other restrictions are stupid and unnecessary.

Blakemore

Klaw
The lawsuit challenges multiple provisions in S.B. 1, including:

Limitations on early voting hours and a ban on 24-hour voting
The elimination of drive-thru voting centers
The prohibition of mail-in ballot drop-boxes
Limitations on the distribution of mail-in ballot applications
Limitations and possible penalties for voter assistants, including criminal felonies

I had no idea places did drive-thru voting, that's cool.

Blakemore
Canada is a drive through country lol

Klaw
Originally posted by Blakemore
Canada is a drive through country lol

Canada really is a beautiful country.

I'd love to explore it some day.

Blakemore

Robtard
Canada really is a beautiful country.

I'd love to explore it some day.

You should explore Canada with Eon.

Old Man Whirly!
You should explore Canada with Eon. laughing out loud it's Eons dad's birthday today, they are ate Red Lobster in Ontario... shifty

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
Hide my ip

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud it's Eons dad's birthday today, they are ate Red Lobster in Ontario... shifty

I used to love Red Lobster up until my early-mid 20's.

Old Man Whirly!
I used to love Red Lobster up until my early-mid 20's. Yeah, I've visited it before. It was good!

Adam_PoE
The Kansas Attorney General's Office has agreed to pay the American Civil Liberties Union and other attorneys $1.9 million in fees and expenses for a five-year legal battle over an unconstitutional restriction on voter registrations.

The high-profile lawsuit was filed 2016 in response to former Secretary of State Kris Kobach's signature law, which required residents to prove their citizenship before registering to vote. The law blocked more than 35,000 eligible voters from participating in elections.

U.S. District Court Judge Julie Robinson held Kobach in contempt of court following his embarrassing performance in a 2018 trial. The judge determined there was no evidence to support Kobach's claims of widespread voter fraud and ruled the law unconstitutional.

Adam_PoE
Republican lawmakers in North Carolina wrote the state's voter ID law with the intent, at least in part, to make it harder for black residents to vote, a panel of state judges ruled on Friday. There is no evidence that legislators who supported the law were motivated by racism, the judges wrote. But it is still discriminatory to target black voters, they said, even if it is done for purely political reasons.

In this case, the political motivation was that black voters almost universally support Democratic politicians, they said. Friday's ruling does not necessarily end the state lawsuit, since a lawyer for N.C. House Speaker Tim Moore criticized the judges and said they plan to appeal. "Once again, liberal judges have defied the will of North Carolinians on election integrity," said Moore attorney Sam Hayes in a press release.

Adam_PoE

Robtard

Blakemore
Robtard is a tard, loblolly, I made a funny.

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
Trump wrote to Georgia's secretary of state asking him to consider 'decertifying' the 2020 election result

Former President Donald Trump on Friday sent a letter to Georgia's secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, asking him to consider "decertifying" Trump's 2020 election defeat.

The letter, which was posted to Twitter by a Trump spokeswoman, Liz Harrington, claims to have enclosed evidence of "large scale Voter Fraud" in Georgia. -snip

Yup, that was four days ago, 10+ months after the election. Remember how Hillary Clinton was a sore loser because she took several hours to concede in 2016...

Old Man Whirly!
Trump wrote to Georgia's secretary of state asking him to consider 'decertifying' the 2020 election result

Former President Donald Trump on Friday sent a letter to Georgia's secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, asking him to consider "decertifying" Trump's 2020 election defeat.

The letter, which was posted to Twitter by a Trump spokeswoman, Liz Harrington, claims to have enclosed evidence of "large scale Voter Fraud" in Georgia. -snip

Yup, that was four days ago, 10+ months after the election. Remember how Hillary Clinton was a sore loser because she took several hours to concede in 2016... Between him and Boris in the UK, you honestly couldn't make it up!

Blakemore

Adam_PoE

Robtard
Adam, it was only just 11,780 votes Trump was asking GA officials to manufacture. Pfft.

Adam_PoE
Governor Brian Kemp signed new Georgia political maps into law Thursday, finalizing Republican efforts to solidify their majorities in a rapidly changing state as opponents immediately filed three court challenges.

The federal lawsuits allege that both congressional and state maps are racially discriminatory because they reduce the voting strength of people of color who tend to support Democrats. Georgia's population has increased by 1 million since 2010, fueled entirely by people of color as the number of white residents declined.

Plaintiffs in the lawsuits include a variety of civil rights, religious, and political groups, along with individual voters. They include the Georgia NAACP, the Georgia Coalition for the People's Agenda, the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, and the 6th District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church.

Robtard
Republicans redistricting and enacting laws to limit the voting power of Black citizens? No way!

Robtard
Plans to close all but one polling place in a rural Georgia county reverberate through a battleground state

"Election officials in a rural Georgia county are weighing plans to close all but one polling place ahead of this year's elections, alarming local voting and civil rights groups.

But the deliberations by the Lincoln County elections board have reverberated far beyond this Georgia community of roughly 7,700 northwest of Augusta. The county is one of six in this battleground state that have disbanded or reconfigured their local election boards in the last year, thanks to recently passed bills by the Republican-controlled Georgia General Assembly." -snip

I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear that the GA election board deciding this is all Republicans. They're planning to win back GA by hook or crook. Similar is happening in several other states.

Adam_PoE
Republican lawmakers in North Carolina wrote the state's voter ID law with the intent, at least in part, to make it harder for black residents to vote, a panel of state judges ruled on Friday. There is no evidence that legislators who supported the law were motivated by racism, the judges wrote. But it is still discriminatory to target black voters, they said, even if it is done for purely political reasons.

In this case, the political motivation was that black voters almost universally support Democratic politicians, they said. Friday's ruling does not necessarily end the state lawsuit, since a lawyer for N.C. House Speaker Tim Moore criticized the judges and said they plan to appeal. "Once again, liberal judges have defied the will of North Carolinians on election integrity," said Moore attorney Sam Hayes in a press release.

A detailed lawsuit filed by a former Apex City Councilman claims that Republican North Carolina House Speaker Tim Moore started an affair with his wife and engaged in group sex with other people seeking political favor. Scott Riley Lassiter is suing Moore and an unnamed John Doe defendant for several claims, including alienation of affections and civil conspiracy.

Court documents allege that Moore "used his position as Speaker to initiate contact and develop a personal relationship with Mrs. Lassiter, despite knowing that she was married to Plaintiff." The lawsuit says Lassiter heard rumors that his wife was having an affair with Moore. On December 21st 2022, Lassiter surveilled his wife after she said she was going to see a movie with a friend, and he found that she went to dinner with Moore at a steakhouse.

Robtard
So Tim Moore tried to enact laws to make it harder for Black people to vote in North Carolina, plus he literally cucks his fellow Republicans by f**king their wives?

Did I read that correctly?

Adam_PoE
Yes, you did. You have lots of time to have orgies and affairs when special interest groups who fund your campaigh write all of your legislation. I wonder if he is one of the people Madison Cawthorn was talking about.

Robtard
Likely is, Cawthorn is a deplorable, but I don't think he was lying about the Republican sex orgies for favors. He did not benefit from dropping that info.

FalconPaunch!
You're deplorable, Bobtard.

Robtard
Don't call me Bod, buddy.

FalconPaunch!
I called you Bob, you ain't good enough for Boderator.

Robtard
Don;t call me Bob either, guy

FalconPaunch!
I ain't your guy, friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.