The Problem With Adbots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nuke Nixon
AdBots exist, and they come here and crap up the forums.

Please, oh please, give me the power to annihilate them, just them, you can deal with Socks and other rule breakers, just give me an Orbital Laser BanCannon to blast those mothertruckers into ash!

Dude111
Yes they cause alot of problems.....

StiltmanFTW
Reporting them once is usually enough for a mod to take action.

But it's sort of weird our board has no defense against them (other than post requirements before posting pics/links, etc.), as Raz did that major server move in 2015 and promised to fix a lot of stuff...

Dude111
I guess he got busy,lets be glad he left the site on this good software!!

It looks like its VB2 and3 muxed with some PHPBB icons (AH MAN!!)

StiltmanFTW
That 2015 server move messed things up stick out tongue

But other than that, I love our forum, yeah.

Nuke Nixon
Y'all need to rotate your shield frequencies or these farking Adbots are gonna keep getting in the perimeter, along with those jagoff Socks that get banned a trillion and one times and keep coming back with a similar name with a few letters different. Got dang you mods are some NPC Skyrim guards.

Nuke Nixon
Might as well shut down registrations, at least for a few weeks, maybe then some of those socks and adbots would go someplace else.

walshy
Why's it bother you so much

StiltmanFTW
Nuke just likes to grumble a bit. Let him. It's all we have left these days.

Awesome Bane sig, Nuke thumb up

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by walshy
Why's it bother you so much

It's the principle of the thing innit. They come here to gather marketing info, email, who knows what else, add you to a spam email list maybe, leave their little browser-hijacking links everywhere...

Back in the day I had to work at a telemarketing place and I was dumb enough to believe the trainer guy that we were on the level, total scam, I scammed people into buying magazines they didn't need and it ate at me for a long time.

Now we have these scam motherf uckers coming here and IT DOESN'T BOTHER YOU AT ALL??!! WTF MAN, THE BOARD IS FOR LEGIT CONVERSATION AND GENERAL NONSENSE AND THESE SOULLESS YARDAPES COME HERE AND POLLUTE UP THE PLACE IT'S AN INSULT!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
who knows what else

They come here for your avi/sig sets.

I cum, too.

Nuke Nixon
I aim to please.

Dude111
On the site I am a co-admin on I have had it on ADMIN APPROVAL for a couple years now,the spam is just horrible...... Almost no one but spammers trying to register..... Its disgusting!

StiltmanFTW
What site is it? shifty

Nuke Nixon
Can we not insta perma ban each and every single instance of this Oneness loser, no matter how it begins he always resorts to disgusting nonsense, which is kind of why he was originally banned, the guy has a distinctive posting style, you see that you drop the hammer!

Dude111
Come check it if ya wanna mate smile

mauisun.org/smf (We are running SMF)

Nuke Nixon
No sigs no sign up, that's a deal breaker.

All these nickel and dime message boards with limited or no customizable sig/avs is just weak sauce man

Half the damn fun is making your own graphics, like Madonna said "You got to express yourself!"

Grogugrogo2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Reporting them once is usually enough for a mod to take action.

But it's sort of weird our board has no defense against them (other than post requirements before posting pics/links, etc.), as Raz did that major server move in 2015 and promised to fix a lot of stuff...

Grogugrogo2
Originally posted by Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Grogugrogo2

Dotene
Good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.