MCU Stormbreaker Vs The axe King Kong had

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Which one is more powerful?

Psychotron
Assuming Kong's axe is charged, it's more powerful.

riv6672
Stormbreaker.

Psychotron
So you think Thor with Stormbreaker can destroy Mechagodzilla like Kong did?

KingD19
Well they both work fundamentally differently and one is massively larger so you can't really directly compare them.

BruceSkywalker
stormbreaker

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
Well they both work fundamentally differently and one is massively larger so you can't really directly compare them.

Sure you can. If the same being swings Stormbreaker and Kong's axe which would cause more damage?

Arachnid1
Kong's axe >>>>>>

NemeBro
Stormbreaker.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Sure you can. If the same being swings Stormbreaker and Kong's axe which would cause more damage?

That depends. Is Stormbreaker suddenly the size of Kong's axe? If so, is a Kong sized being swinging it? Is it simply being swung(as then it's just an indestructible, really sharp maul), or is it charged with Thor's lightning?

Psychotron
That depends. Is Stormbreaker suddenly the size of Kong's axe? If so, is a Kong sized being swinging it? Is it simply being swung(as then it's just an indestructible, really sharp maul), or is it charged with Thor's lightning?

Why would Stormbringer suddenly be the size of Kong's axe? And I assume both are charged by their respective power sources.

KingD19
Why would Stormbringer suddenly be the size of Kong's axe? And I assume both are charged by their respective power sources.

I'm asking because you can't directly compare 2 weapons so wildly different in size. What being in your example could even swing the axe and stormbreaker with the same force? I'm curious. If they're big enough to swing the axe like normal, they won't even be able to grip Stormbreaker between their fingers because it's too small. And if they can swing Stormbreaker like normal, the axe would be several thousand times larger than them.

Also while the charged axe has more cutting power from the radiation, it simply gains better cutting power temporarily while it retains a charge which can run out. Stormbreaker can control massive lightning storms and it doesn't need an outside source which probably won't be around in Godzilla to charge it up. Thor can power it infinitely.

xPRIMEx

Psychotron
I'm asking because you can't directly compare 2 weapons so wildly different in size. What being in your example could even swing the axe and stormbreaker with the same force? I'm curious. If they're big enough to swing the axe like normal, they won't even be able to grip Stormbreaker between their fingers because it's too small. And if they can swing Stormbreaker like normal, the axe would be several thousand times larger than them.

Also while the charged axe has more cutting power from the radiation, it simply gains better cutting power temporarily while it retains a charge which can run out. Stormbreaker can control massive lightning storms and it doesn't need an outside source which probably won't be around in Godzilla to charge it up. Thor can power it infinitely.

Size has always been important when it comes to melee weapons in real life. That's why zweihanders exist, so it's fair to take the size of Kong's axe into account.

That's why in my first post I said that if the axe is charged it's more powerful than Stormbreaker.

KingD19
Size has always been important when it comes to melee weapons in real life. That's why zweihanders exist, so it's fair to take the size of Kong's axe into account.

That's why in my first post I said that if the axe is charged it's more powerful than Stormbreaker.

Yeah but there's a difference between a Longsword being a few feet and light and a flamberge or zweihander being longer and slightly heavier...to a 5 foot maul being compared to an axe wielded by a 400 foot tall gorilla. You cant measure them the same way. That's like saying what's faster? A supercar or a truck that's 400 feet long? The truck seems faster because it's so much bigger that it crosses massive distance just by moving whereas the car has to actually drive fast over long distances.

And again if the axe is charged it only increases cutting power on an already massive item than can pretty much cut through anything because it's so big and indestructible and sharp. Stormbreaker actually has "power" not just a hot edge.

ares834
You're way overthinking this.

KingD19
I know the axe is more powerful simply because it's bigger. Thats blatantly obvious.

I'm saying that the two can't be compared in their normal states without the comparison being naturally skewed to one side or simply not able to be properly compared. They are far too different.

HumbleServant
Sorry guys I realized this is not a good comparison

Psychotron
Yeah but there's a difference between a Longsword being a few feet and light and a flamberge or zweihander being longer and slightly heavier...to a 5 foot maul being compared to an axe wielded by a 400 foot tall gorilla. You cant measure them the same way. That's like saying what's faster? A supercar or a truck that's 400 feet long? The truck seems faster because it's so much bigger that it crosses massive distance just by moving whereas the car has to actually drive fast over long distances.

And again if the axe is charged it only increases cutting power on an already massive item than can pretty much cut through anything because it's so big and indestructible and sharp. Stormbreaker actually has "power" not just a hot edge.

Look, it's a simple question. Which one hits harder? Which one is capable of causing more damage?

KingD19
Look, it's a simple question. Which one hits harder? Which one is capable of causing more damage?

If it's so simple, why even ask? Which does more damage? A bobby pin or a greatsword? A campfire or a MOAB? A tonka truck or a fully loaded 18 wheeler?

Obviously one is greater but they're in completely separate realms and can never be "compared" in the actual sense of the word. Like when you asked if Thor could cut apart Mecha G with Stormbreaker was a dumb question because obviously the axe Kong used is so much larger it can't be just like it unless Thor and Stormbreaker were Kong sized, then the answer would obviously be yes.

Anyway, you're willfully ignoring what I'm saying so yes, the several hundred foot tall, several thousand ton axe does more physical damage when swung than the 5 foot long Stormbreaker. Just like a fully geared up linebacker does more damage than a newborn crawling into your leg.

Silent Master
Some people need to re-read the OP, the question wasn't about which does more damage, it was "Which one is more powerful?"

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Some people need to re-read the OP, the question wasn't about which does more damage, it was "Which one is more powerful?" '

Stormbreaker.

ares834
If it's so simple, why even ask? Which does more damage? A bobby pin or a greatsword? A campfire or a MOAB? A tonka truck or a fully loaded 18 wheeler?

Obviously one is greater but they're in completely separate realms and can never be "compared" in the actual sense of the word. Like when you asked if Thor could cut apart Mecha G with Stormbreaker was a dumb question because obviously the axe Kong used is so much larger it can't be just like it unless Thor and Stormbreaker were Kong sized, then the answer would obviously be yes.

Anyway, you're willfully ignoring what I'm saying so yes, the several hundred foot tall, several thousand ton axe does more physical damage when swung than the 5 foot long Stormbreaker. Just like a fully geared up linebacker does more damage than a newborn crawling into your leg.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gyropedia/images/9/91/1327974741374.png

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gyropedia/images/9/91/1327974741374.png

https://media.tenor.com/images/6176894a84009d4ca45c9988ed510293/tenor.gif

Adam Grimes

Also while the charged axe has more cutting power from the radiation, it simply gains better cutting power temporarily while it retains a charge which can run out. Stormbreaker can control massive lightning storms and it doesn't need an outside source which probably won't be around in Godzilla to charge it up. Thor can power it infinitely. Lol.

Which one is able to cause more damage?

Adam Grimes
Some people need to re-read the OP, the question wasn't about which does more damage, it was "Which one is more powerful?" Ok, then answer the question smartyboy.

Psychotron
Some people need to re-read the OP, the question wasn't about which does more damage, it was "Which one is more powerful?"

Kong's axe tore apart Mechagodzilla. Can Stormbreaker? Because that's the only kind of power that matters.

Then why do you keep arguing?

Silent Master
I didn't know you were the OP.

Psychotron
You don't know a lot of things.

Silent Master
I know that the definition of power isn't how much damage something can do, which puts me several levels above you.

Psychotron
I know that the definition of power isn't how much damage something can do, which puts me several levels above you.

Lol okay. Tell me what other powers Stormbringer has. Because I didn't see anything except some lightning that wouldn't even tickle Mecha G.

Silent Master
See, you're still trying to act like damage ability is the only way to measure power.

Psychotron
See, you're still trying to act like damage ability is the only way to measure power.

I asked you a question. What other powers and abilities does Stormbringer have?

Silent Master
You asked a question relating to damage, which isn't the only measure of power.

FrothByte
If we're asking if Stormbreaker can cut up MG, I think it's only fair to ask if Kong's axe can overpower a full blast from a completed IG?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by FrothByte
If we're asking if Stormbreaker can cut up MG, I think it's only fair to ask if Kong's axe can overpower a full blast from a completed IG? Impossible to know.

FrothByte
Here's a fair way to decide this battle. If Kong's axe and Stormbreaker were smashed against each other, edge against edge, which would damage the other?

Psychotron
If we're asking if Stormbreaker can cut up MG, I think it's only fair to ask if Kong's axe can overpower a full blast from a completed IG?

Wasn't that only because Thanos was caught off guard, according to the Russos?

You asked a question relating to damage, which isn't the only measure of power.

Now I'm asking you a question unrelated to damage. Why are you trying to so hard to avoid it?

Silent Master
Lol okay. Tell me what other powers Stormbringer has. Because I didn't see anything except some lightning that wouldn't even tickle Mecha G.

Given this comment your question obviously was in regards to damage ability. Try and be less obvious in your lying next time

FrothByte

The lightning blast caught him offguard. He certainly wasn't caught offguard when he blasted Thor with the IG, since he was the one who initiated that attack.

jaden_2.0
Stormbreaker can summon the bifrost and the bifrost can wreck a planet.

Stormbreaker wins.

Psychotron
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Stormbreaker can summon the bifrost and the bifrost can wreck a planet.

Stormbreaker wins.

Show Stormbreaker summoning a planet busting Bifrost.

The lightning blast caught him offguard. He certainly wasn't caught offguard when he blasted Thor with the IG, since he was the one who initiated that attack.

That's what the Russos said IIRC. I thought it was because Tyrion built in some flaw in the gauntlet or some shit.

Given this comment your question obviously was in regards to damage ability. Try and be less obvious in your lying next time

Man, you're desperate. I told you 50 times to list other abilities aside from damage after that. Just admit you can't come up with anything.

jaden_2.0
Show Stormbreaker summoning a planet busting Bifrost.

It summons "the" bifrost. Not "a" bifrost. There's only 1 bifrost. It's the same bifrost as the one that wrecked jotunheimr.

You lose, losing loser.

Silent Master
Man, you're desperate. I told you 50 times to list other abilities aside from damage after that. Just admit you can't come up with anything.

You've now lied twice.

Old Man Whirly!
For a change Silent Master is correct, however even when correct he is trolling.

TheVaultDweller

IIRC, the Russos said Thanos used the beam instead of a more creative/effective counter (like simply teleporting out of the way or stopping time, for example) because he was caught by surprise. Not that the beam was weaker because of it. It was still a beam of energy powered by a completed IG.

TheVaultDweller
Here's the quote from Anthony Russo:

"I think that key moment, though, is that Thanos was caught off guard. He literally just didn't know the power of what was coming at him. I mean, maybe he could have used the Stones in a different way had he understood what that weapon was, but it came out of nowhere."

Psychotron
It summons "the" bifrost. Not "a" bifrost. There's only 1 bifrost. It's the same bifrost as the one that wrecked jotunheimr.

You lose, losing loser.

Show Thor busting a planet with it.

Adam Grimes
What are jotunheim's durability feats? And IG's blasting feats?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Well Jotunheim is an entire planet/world and the Bifrost was destroying it.

FrothByte
Personally, I think Stormbreaker is a more powerful, more well-rounded weapon. The only thing Kong's axe has on it is a huge advantage in size.

So if terms of which can cause the most damage in a single strike, that's probably Kong's axe.

In terms of which weapon would be more useful in a fight, which is more difficult to make, which makes you more powerful, etc. then the answer is Stormbreaker.

Silent Master
Well Jotunheim is an entire planet/world and the Bifrost was destroying it.

He's basically using quan's old "their universe is made of paper" argument.

Adam Grimes
Well Jotunheim is an entire planet/world and the Bifrost was destroying it. I was honestly asking. Last time I watched Thor 1 was like 6 years ago lol.
He's basically using quan's old "their universe is made of paper" argument. Why do you run from questions so hard? Is there a way we can formulate them so they are not so hard for you to read? 🤔

jaden_2.0

It easily brushed off an invasion by Odin and the entire Asgardian army.

jaden_2.0
Show Thor busting a planet with it.

I'll show him busting your sister's hymen with it, loser.

You lost. Big dummy loser.

Adam Grimes
It easily brushed off an invasion by Odin and the entire Asgardian army. Using hand to hand? Blasting? Pepper spray?

Silent Master
It easily brushed off an invasion by Odin and the entire Asgardian army.

Adam: Prove the planet wasn't made of paper

jaden_2.0
Using hand to hand? Blasting? Pepper spray?

Using big, fat bootaaaayyyy

NemeBro
The fact of the matter is that Stormbreaker overpowered a beam from the completed Infinity Gauntlet despite the fact that in terms of pure power output Thanos has demonstrated to readily output far more power than Kong's axe or, indeed, any attack in the Monsterverse. Probably because the MCU is a far more powerful setting.

NemeBro
Tbh a Stormbreaker throw would smash through the axe, punch through Kong's head and out the other side, and then do the same to Godzilla.

Also Thor is physically stronger than Kong and Godzilla, probably combined. thumb up

jaden_2.0
Imagine think some shitty blue glowy tool made by a dumb ape is more powerful than a weapon designed to overpower another weapon that can shred the universe down to its last atom then rebuild it all. A weapon that can literally change reality and reverse time. A weapon that actually destroyed half of all life in the entire universe...just because the ape stick is bigger and emits radiation that apparently has zero ill effects on humans.

Robtard
I assume people are trolling, as you'd have to be actually retarded to believe Kong's axe is more powerful than Stormbreaker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.