Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Kind of surprised no one has made a thread for this yet. Coming on June 11. And the new trailer looks pretty great IMO:

nW948Va-l10

BruceSkywalker
this looks good.. so many possibilities

tkitna
It does look good, but like Magneto, i'm getting wore out with Loki.

Darth Thor
Looks fantastic. Cant wait. This will no doubt break new records for Disney plus.

Robtard
^ What he said ^

Galan007
Looks good.

Honestly surprised the MCU is introducing hyper-exotic factions like the TVA(Time Variance Authority.) Didn't expect that at all, but if they're trying to build the multiverse, it makes sense. thumb up

Bentley
They figured the only way to bring Bentley into the MCU was to introduce a sh*tload of time travel plots

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Galan007
Looks good.

Honestly surprised the MCU is introducing hyper-exotic factions like the TVA(Time Variance Authority.) Didn't expect that at all, but if they're trying to build the multiverse, it makes sense. thumb up

we'll see kang, imo

TheVaultDweller
It also appears that Loki uses some kind of magic blast at the 1:49 mark. On the one hand, it would be cool if he showcases magical abilities more along the lines of his comic self rather than mostly just illusions. But on the other hand, it would make him look fuking stupid considering there were numerous instances across the half a dozen or so MCU films he's been in where that would have been extremely useful.

KingD19
Didn't he also send out an energy pulse in Dark World? When he was locked up in Asgard's dungeons?

TheVaultDweller
He sent out some kind of TK pulse that knocked about the furniture in his cell while angry, but that's about it. He never uses anything like that in combat, even in situations where doing so could be extremely helpful.

So, if they do have him use magic more offensively on the show, I hope they at least give some kind of explanation as to why he hasn't before now.

Darth Thor
He clearly hasnt showcased all of his magic. But that blast did seem like what he did in TDW. For canon purposes, using it in combat now wont make it a new ability.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He clearly hasnt showcased all of his magic. But that blast did seem like what he did in TDW. For canon purposes, using it in combat now wont make it a new ability.

Looks a lot different to me:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DiligentUnhappyAmericanbadger-mobile.mp4

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is there were numerous instances in the films where using magic offensively and firing mystical energy blasts could have helped him, but he didn't do so. So, it would make him look kind of stupid if he was capable of these things the entire time but waited until now to do any of it.

Darth Thor
^ Ah it does look different, I think it seemed like a blast because of the splash it made on the forcefield.

As for the not using blasts, well we know he had TK, so he already wasnt using that in fights. Plus in Avengers he had his staff that shot blasts anyway.

In any case, I want to see some more abilities from him. We know hes trained in magic, surely thats more than just having illusions of himself. I personally want to see a Loki who would give Dr. Strange a run for his money, but I doubt they will go that far.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Ah it does look different, I think it seemed like a blast because of the splash it made on the forcefield.

As for the not using blasts, well we know he had TK, so he already wasnt using that in fights. Plus in Avengers he had his staff that shot blasts anyway.

In any case, I want to see some more abilities from him. We know hes trained in magic, surely thats more than just having illusions of himself. I personally want to see a Loki who would give Dr. Strange a run for his money, but I doubt they will go that far.

Well, the TK could be explained away fairly easily. I mean it could be he doesn't have enough fine control with it, seeing as we only see him do it once while angry and he doesn't do anything particularly subtle/skillful. Or maybe it's not strong enough to be useful in battle. A chair, a small table and a footstool is a lot lighter than a fully grown human/humanoid. We actually see him blast a bad guy in the trailer, so we know it is combat applicable.

But I agree in that I'd like to see him do more (as I said in my initial post about it), but it's just kind of dumb that it took so long for it to happen. I mean they didn't need to have him spam magic everywhere, but he was in 3 Thor movies and 3 Avengers movies, so they had plenty of time to at least do something.

Dbomb, The king
That looks dope, I hope they do well with it like the other shows so far. I mean it's marvel of course they will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.