Metas vs Jupiter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
They are dropped on Jupiter, falling straight into the eye of the planet. Who survices the longest. I know we have healers but if they die, they are disqualified, even if they can heal themselves back together after dying...

Colossus
Aquaman (no trident or any weapons)
She Hulk (not the Hulked out version)
Thing
Samson

Who is the last one to live?

Stoic
They would all die. If they were all allowed to have a super tough respirator Colossus would probably last the longest. Jupiter is said to be hotter than the sun the farther you fall. So if you fell for about 15 hours, you'd experience heat that is capable of melting tungsten. But yeah, they'd all die. Aquaman would likely be the first fatality, followed by Samson, Thing, She Hulk, and finally Colossus..

-Pr-
First of all, Aquaman is a herald.

Second, and I'm sorry, but he is not dying before the ****ing Thing. His power is literally described as being "adapted to handle extreme pressures".

DarkSaint85
It's also the heat, though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's also the heat, though.

He might not survive the full drop, but he's been hit by lightning and swam in lava vents. He's tanked blasts from mini-plasma cannons.

His resistance to heat is pretty decent, unless it's been recently retconned and I missed it.

Philosophía

-Pr-
Fire trolls! Been a long time since they used those, iirc.

Philosophía

-Pr-
I don't... wow. Okay.

zopzop
Holy crap those AM scans. But oxygen is still an issue. Colossus wins. He don't need to breathe and he's durable enough to survive the pressure and temps.

This was actually a dope thread Carver. thumb up

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11125/111256151/5618102-1560150927-SG-G3.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11125/111256151/5618105-8514394455-L8Maj.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
First of all, Aquaman is a herald.

Second, and I'm sorry, but he is not dying before the ****ing Thing. His power is literally described as being "adapted to handle extreme pressures".

laughing out loud brilliant post....

and i agree--i think arthur would be the LAST one to go out of the group. the pressure would be...VASTLY above the pressure at the earth's core and i'm not sure his harley-level durability would keep him conscious the whole way, but he'd last longest i think. ben would be the next longest imo, colossus/she-hulk about the same and samson would be the first to have his lights turned out.

-Pr-
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11125/111256151/5618102-1560150927-SG-G3.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11125/111256151/5618105-8514394455-L8Maj.jpg

I've always assumed Aquaman can just hold his breath for a really long time. I don't know how easy it would be to prove that he doesn't breathe at all.

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

leonidas
yeah, the bottom of a neptunian sea would have a lot of pressure, but nothing compared to the core of jupiter, if we're assuming that's how far down they could potentially fall...

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-

leonidas
oh you made that very clear. laughing out loud

-Pr-
Don't make me come over there!

leonidas
call off the dogs, i'm backing down....lol

i need your vote in the bz too badly to risk further engagement! big grin

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Stoic
They would all die. If they were all allowed to have a super tough respirator Colossus would probably last the longest. Jupiter is said to be hotter than the sun the farther you fall. So if you fell for about 15 hours, you'd experience heat that is capable of melting tungsten. But yeah, they'd all die. Aquaman would likely be the first fatality, followed by Samson, Thing, She Hulk, and finally Colossus.. thumb up

Very well put.

EcstaticGrace

Sin I AM
What's colossus greatest durability feat

MrMind
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What's colossus greatest durability feat

surviving gladiator

One Big Mob

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MrMind
surviving gladiator

Eek. Yea that sucks. Didn't he do something spectacular during break world?

Smurph
Yeah, he was casually tanking the reactor field on Breakworld that was hot enough to cause Ord's people to instantly combust.

He was also supposedly the only person who could touch the reactor, iirc, but I think that was because his metal was unique or something.

EcstaticGrace

Stoic

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Stoic
No problem, I stand corrected. However Namor can survive lightning strikes as well, but has trouble with heat in general, or at least he used to before becoming an aquakenetic. I just assumed that temps that exceeded the heat of our native star would be too great for him. I mean in case you missed the part Jupiter's heat being able to melt tungsten. My comment wasn't really about tungsten, but about Jupiter's temperature in general. Originally posted by One Big Mob
thumb up

Very well put.

EcstaticGrace

Stoic
The reason that I placed the gamma mutates so high up on the board is because they can resist ridiculous extremes in temperatures. Recently She Hulk saved Thor from being frozen to death. I mean Thor has a history of being highly resistant to extreme temperatures as well, but She Hulk's resistance exceeded his.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-
lol, this page. Noice.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-

Which is one thing. I don't mind if people said he wouldn't survive the trip. My contention was that he would last longer than The Thing at the very least, if not the rest of them.

Originally posted by leonidas

i need your vote in the bz too badly to risk further engagement! big grin
Pr convinced me. Aquaman dies thumb up

Philosophía
The question is what Carver meant by "eye of the planet".

I would have understood lips of the planet, but eye?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
This proves that I review things in a different perspective than most.

Delta1938

EcstaticGrace

Delta1938

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.