Thragg & Supreme vs Thor & Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
who wins

carver9
A lot of Hulk threads lately. Guess you all finally acknowledge his superiority.

MrMind
so who wins carver

carver9
Due to basic knowledge, they realize Hulk is trouble to deal with and bfr him during the onset. Thor gets brutally beaten to sleep by the duo.

MrMind
no bfr allowed

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
A lot of Hulk threads lately. Guess you all finally acknowledge his superiority.

Maybe now that Failberto is gone you're back to being the short bus rider to have fun kicking around.

cdtm
Thragg would casually defeat all three at once.

Add in Superman, Wonder Woman, Hyperian, Gladiator, and Damage.

deathslash
Originally posted by MrMind
who wins isn't current Thor like the herald of Galactus or something? He should be too strong for both members of team 1. If this is just average Thor though, I'd favor team 1; Hulk is just too slow compared to Thragg and Supreme (though he's certainly stronger).

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
isn't current Thor like the herald of Galactus or something? He should be too strong for both members of team 1. If this is just average Thor though, I'd favor team 1; Hulk is just too slow compared to Thragg and Supreme (though he's certainly stronger).

Thor is Thor.

Loses to a stiff breeze.

MrMind
Thor with OF, no PC

deathslash
Originally posted by MrMind
Thor with OF, no PC ok, then Thragg and Supreme take this. They just need to keep the fight moving away from Hulk and once Thor's down the Hulk has very little that he can do to stop them.

Stoic
Thor solos.

MrMind
Lol

Stoic
I know right? Pretty funny how much hotter lightning is compared to a star. Thragg would be insta roasted, and Supreme is extremely susceptible to magic.

Thor is a Sky Father.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
I know right? Pretty funny how much hotter lightning is compared to a star. Thragg would be insta roasted, and Supreme is extremely susceptible to magic.

Thor is a Sky Father.

That's just the surface.

Deeper in the "atmosphere" it gets hotter. MUCH hotter.

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
That's just the surface.

Correct. Comics are stupid. If a being can survive the corona (millions of degrees) then the surface (5,500 degrees) would be super cold to them lol.

h1a8

Thor is a Sky Father.

Depending on how much time the lightning stays in contact with him and whether he is partially conductive.

Otherwise humans and all objects would be vaporized if they were struck by lightning (they are not).

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
That's just the surface.

True. However Thragg was nowhere near the core when he was cooked alive.

h1a8

Lol, noooo.

He meant further away from the surface as in the Sun's atmosphere (the corona). The corona is millions of degrees where the surface (which is actually on the Sun) is roughly 6000 degrees.

Stoic
The core of the sun is stated to be 27 million degrees Fahrenheit.

cdtm

To 30 million.

I remember reading something about the core being cooler then the outer layers, but not finding it now. Everything insists the core is the hottest.

DeadpoolXXX
the sun killed mangog, knull and sentry. does that make them squishy too? smile

deathslash
Mark and Thragg both also tanked a solar flare (which are typically hotter than the core and can become almost five times hotter at the max)

Adam Grimes
Team 2.

h1a8

The exact temperature is still unknown. Different sources give difference estimates.

But that's not the problem. To reach the Sun's surface you must first fly through the Sun's atmosphere (the Corona). There, it is million of degrees. So comics are pretty stupid. Someone cooks on the surface of the Sun (super cool), yet no harm when in the corona.

confused

Delta1938

So, I don't remember the details, but for a certain range away from where the Sun's outer layer actually is, well it's significantly hotter than the outer layer. Millions of degrees compared to the I think 6,000 you said. Scientists have theories but don't really know why.

So if the surface itself is hurting them, the trip to it should have incinerated them long before. Unless it's not the heat but the force of getting hit(something like each is multiple nukes worth). But probably the writer just didn't know.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
So, I don't remember the details, but for a certain range away from where the Sun's outer layer actually is, well it's significantly hotter than the outer layer. Millions of degrees compared to the I think 6,000 you said. Scientists have theories but don't really know why.

So if the surface itself is hurting them, the trip to it should have incinerated them long before. Unless it's not the heat but the force of getting hit(something like each is multiple nukes worth). But probably the writer just didn't know.

They didn't even appear to be near the core. Where they fought, lightning is assumed to be at least 3 times hotter. Thor's lightning is also magical.

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
the sun killed mangog, knull and sentry. does that make them squishy too? smile

Knull was weakened before his trip to the sun. Mangog is tougher than Thor and yet Thor dove into the sun repeatedly in search of Mjolnir. When was Sentry killed by the sun? Do you mean when he convinced himself that throwing the Void into the sun would kill him? As we saw later, it didn't kill the Void.

Delta1938
They didn't even appear to be near the core. Where they fought, lightning is assumed to be at least 3 times hotter. Thor's lightning is also magical.

No, that's not what I'm saying. The way I understand it, the area outside the Sun itself is hotter than the surface. Way hotter.

h1a8

Knull was weakened before his trip to the sun. Mangog is tougher than Thor and yet Thor dove into the sun repeatedly in search of Mjolnir. When was Sentry killed by the sun? Do you mean when he convinced himself that throwing the Void into the sun would kill him? As we saw later, it didn't kill the Void.

You still are not understanding. No one is talking about the core. The atmosphere of the Sun is millions of degrees while the surface is only 5500 degrees.

In the words, in space away from the Sun (not inside the Sun) about several thousand miles or so, the temperature is far hotter than the surface.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
No, that's not what I'm saying. The way I understand it, the area outside the Sun itself is hotter than the surface. Way hotter.

Perhaps you are correct, maybe when I Googled "how hot is the sun" I didn't understand when they stated that the core was 27 million degrees Fahrenheit and that it was the hottest place in the sun?

Stoic
I just read it again, and got the same answer stating that the core is by far the hottest place on the sun, and that the corona is much cooler.

Delta1938
Perhaps you are correct, maybe when I Googled "how hot is the sun" I didn't understand when they stated that the core was 27 million degrees Fahrenheit and that it was the hottest place in the sun?

I just read it again, and got the same answer stating that the core is by far the hottest place on the sun, and that the corona is much cooler.

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/sun-corona/en/

The core of the Sun being hotter is not in dispute. I was right, the Corona is much hotter than the surface. Above is the link.

I haven't seen the scene(at least that I remember, I did have a discussion about the scene but don't remember seeing it) but I'm getting the impression they were hurt at the surface.

I'm not arguing for or against the scene itself, just pointing out unless there's something else involved, the writer ****ed up because they're more likely to be burned on the trip through the Corona than actually being at the surface.

Galan007
Mark and Thragg were actually just fine when they were fighting on/near the sun's surface -- they were just sweating a bit, and even tanked a flare. It was only when they plunged beneath the surface of the sun that they began burning -- and even then, they continued to have a prolonged battle.

DeadpoolXXX
dont know how accurate it is, but wasnt it stated in all star superman that existing near the sun's surface is like enduring 100.000 h-bombs exploding in your face every second?

deathslash
Originally posted by Galan007
Mark and Thragg were actually just fine when they were fighting on/near the sun's surface -- they were just sweating a bit, and even tanked a flare. It was only when they plunged beneath the surface of the sun that they began burning -- and even then, they continued to have a prolonged battle. literally this. They had no trouble with the Corona, the surface, and even a flare; they only started burning once they were directly inside of the sun and even then, it took a protracted battle.

Edit: Also, mark in his first year literally fought several characters with electrical powers and had no problem.

Stoic
literally this. They had no trouble with the Corona, the surface, and even a flare; they only started burning once they were directly inside of the sun and even then, it took a protracted battle.

Edit: Also, mark in his first year literally fought several characters with electrical powers and had no problem.

But how would they do against Sky Father level magic? Even without the Cosmic amp, Thor was giving Galactus trouble. Are people suggesting that Supreme ang Thragg are on this level? I mean, at any given time Thor could begin effortlessly throwing stars at this team, placing them in magical bubbles, or sending them to hellish dimensions with no way of getting out.

deathslash
But how would they do against Sky Father level magic? Even without the Cosmic amp, Thor was giving Galactus trouble. Are people suggesting that Supreme ang Thragg are on this level? I mean, at any given time Thor could begin effortlessly throwing stars at this team, placing them in magical bubbles, or sending them to hellish dimensions with no way of getting out. and he has done these things how often? Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Odin Force thor is just him at his baseline power...

Stoic
and he has done these things how often? Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Odin Force thor is just him at his baseline power...

Baseline power level? As in baseline Sky Father power levels right? Thor has all of the powers of a Sky Father which was stated the moment that he became King. I really don't think that these guys are on this level. Thor at his baseline Sky Father levels as I mentioned gave Galactus trouble.

h1a8
I just read it again, and got the same answer stating that the core is by far the hottest place on the sun, and that the corona is much cooler. The core has nothing to do with this thread though. They burned up on the surface of the Sun.

The problem is that they had to go through the corona before reaching the surface. Stupid writing is what we are saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.