Knull vs Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Which "dies in the sun" monster wins here?

Stoic
Knull wins.

carver9
Knull

Bodybuildingbob
Does Mangog die in the sun tho ? Wasn't he able to barely tank it in Jane foster's climax

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bodybuildingbob
Does Mangog die in the sun tho ? Wasn't he able to barely tank it in Jane foster's climax

Yes he came right back.

One Big Mob
Beta Ray Bill solos

leonidas
/thread

Bodybuildingbob
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yes he came right back.
i kinda forgot how he was destroyed there but yeah , he barely tanked it and came right back at Thor and Jane

One Big Mob
And then Aaron had Thor diving into the sun later to try and find Mjolnir. And had Celestials explicitly tank it.

Cates said hey that sun is really powerful. I bet no one has survived one of them things and also Captain Universe has historically not been a massive jobber. I will use the deus ex machina of a sun and the amazing Captain Universe since I can't think of a believable way to end the ultimate threat of Knull.

Bodybuildingbob
Originally posted by One Big Mob
And then Aaron had Thor diving into the sun later to try and find Mjolnir. And had Celestials explicitly tank it.

Cates said hey that sun is really powerful. I bet no one has survived one of them things and also Captain Universe has historically not been a massive jobber. I will use the deus ex machina of a sun and the amazing Captain Universe since I can't think of a believable way to end the ultimate threat of Knull.
deux ex machina ?

Bentley
Marvel Executive is like: "we have built ourselves into a corner, this enemy is way too powerful and it should be faced by the likes of Superman! Except we don't publish Superman books"

Author "But wait... we do know what's the source of Superman powers!"

Marvel Editor: "We do?"

Diesldude
Originally posted by Bentley
Marvel Executive is like: "we have built ourselves into a corner, this enemy is way too powerful and it should be faced by the likes of Superman! Except we don't publish Superman books"

Author "But wait... we do know what's the source of Superman powers!"

Marvel Editor: "We do?"

Nailed it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bodybuildingbob
Mangog died in the sun.

Bodybuildingbob
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mangog died in the sun.
i am 60% sure he didn't , can you post a scan ?

abhilegend
Mangog is dead in the sun. And Odin admits to being Mangog's *****.

https://s17.postimg.cc/vfhr39wp7/image.jpg https://s17.postimg.cc/rj4f7ajff/image.jpg https://s17.postimg.cc/uehidkfjf/image.jpg https://s17.postimg.cc/coftsj9ob/image.jpg

laughing out loud

Aakla
I think its because there is no hate in the sun so Mangog doesn't have power. but eventually All Black the Necrosword will be thrown into the sun and Mangog will have all the hate he needs.

GalacticStorm
To be fair cosmic energy was stated in King in Black issue 1 to be one of Knull's known weaknesses. So i dont think we can devalue Knull via ABC logic i.e so and so has tanked being launched into the sun and theyre only this strong therefore that means Knulls only this level of strong.

That's nonsense. Lightning, magic and cosmic energies are Knull's kryptonite.

Knull beats Mangog imo but thats not based on feats but instead looking at his abilities and reading in between the lines because I don't think we saw his full potential at all.

Gorr the God Butcher seemed like a much greater threat and that was just from wielding All Black alone, Knulls creation. Knull should have been capable of so much more but was presented as some skyfather level being in terms of showings. (Dont wanna hear anything about him killing a Celestial, the Apocalypse twins and Sentry have shown that is not a sign of beyond Celestial level power)

celeyhyga17
I do wanna add that Apoc twins had a plot device(jarnbjorn)vs Celestials however silly it was. Very lazy writing.
And Sentry/Void power level can shoot from herald, to trans, to beyond in a heartbeat. Marvel really has no idea how to utilize him.
I do think enslaving the celestials and bending them to your will was more impressive than just hurting them.

But agree on Gorr. He essentially made a universe sized symbiote.

StiltmanFTW
Which "dies in the sun" monster wins here?

Broly

Stoic
Originally posted by One Big Mob

I know right. These writers really need to come up with better endings. I had a feeling that we were going to get hosed with a shitty ending a month ago, and here we are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.