Voldemort vs Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Voldemort with all horcruxes in place.

Kong with stupid little axe.

Fight takes place in New York. Who wins?

SquallX
no expression

ScreamPaste
Did Quan change his name while I was gone?

Eon Blue
Voldemort stomps, easily.

KingD19
None of Voldemorts spells are big enough to really bother Kong. Even that Fiendfyre was only like 20-30 feet tops. Kong is nearly 400ft tall and hundreds of times bigger than the biggest monsters in the HPverse. And there are so many creatures resistant to magic, most of them large and with tough skin that honestly anything No Nose does will probably bounce right off. Kong probably just steps on him.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Voldemort stomps, easily. I think you owe CosmicComet some money.
Originally posted by KingD19
None of Voldemorts spells are big enough to really bother Kong. Even that Fiendfyre was only like 20-30 feet tops. Kong is nearly 400ft tall and hundreds of times bigger than the biggest monsters in the HPverse. And there are so many creatures resistant to magic, most of them large and with tough skin that honestly anything No Nose does will probably bounce right off. Kong probably just steps on him.
/thread

Eon Blue
Killing curse, imperio, etc, etc. Voldemort is too versatile.

Magic kills, lads.

KingD19

Magic kills, lads.

Giants are almost immune to magic and the biggest one is 25 feet tall. Dragons are almost immune to magic. Graphorns are the same. So are trolls. And most of that resistance is because they are very large and have super tough skin. Even Hagrid who is a half giant has spells bounce off him.

So how in the hell do you think a single spell from Moldywart can even bother, much less kill a nearly 400ft tall ape that is bulletproof and strong enough to fight Godzilla? Which fits the criteria of both big and having a tough hide?

The answer is, you didn't think when you made this thread.

Arachnid1

Magic kills, lads. Yeah the killing curse was my first thought too. Why would Kong's size make him impervious to it? It's magic. It's not like it needs to follow any law of physics like conservation of energy. My impression was it connects = it kills, and Kong is a huge target.

SquallX

KingD19
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah the killing curse was my first thought too. Why would Kong's size make him impervious to it? It's magic. It's not like it needs to follow any law of physics like conservation of energy. My impression was it connects = it kills, and Kong is a huge target.

Read my posts.

Eon Blue
Yeah the killing curse was my first thought too. Why would Kong's size make him impervious to it? It's magic. It's not like it needs to follow any law of physics like conservation of energy. My impression was it connects = it kills, and Kong is a huge target.

Bingo!

Two different verses. Two different sets of laws. Voldemort is too much for the little ape long with his stupid axe that looks like a violin.

ShadowFyre
Lol. Kong blitzes Voldemort around 300mph and then levels the entire area with 4.2 magnitude punches

SquallX

ares834
Pretty much agreed. Sure, there are certain monster in HP that are resistant to spells but that seems to be due to an inherent magical resistance rather than just sheer size.

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834
Pretty much agreed. Sure, there are certain monster in HP that are resistant to spells but that seems to be due to an inherent magical resistance rather than just sheer size.

It's actually due to sheer size and tough skin. Nothing to do with actual inborn resistance. They're just too big and too tough for the spells to have an effect. It's stated in the series itself.

And the biggest and toughest of those creatures don't even come past Kong's toe. So large creature + tough hide = magic immunity and Kong is bigger than the HPverse itself sooooo his resistance would be hundreds, if not thousands of times greater than anything there.

ShadowFyre
Kong is tiers above humans in both reaction time and sheer movement speed. Even if he gets his curse off he would be jellies before it would kill Kong.

ares834
It's actually due to sheer size and tough skin. Nothing to do with actual inborn resistance. They're just too big and too tough for the spells to have an effect. It's stated in the series itself.

Where? Give me a quote please.

ares834
"dragons are strong and too powerfully magical to be knocked out by a single Stunner" - GoF Chapter 19

"Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate..." - GOF chapter 20

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that it's due to an inherent magical resistance. And that's pretty much explicitly stated as the case for dragons. I see no reason to assume otherwise for giant and trolls. Especially since they tent to be smaller than dragons.

KingD19

KingD19
If you're saying any and all magic can work on Kong, you'll need to prove that the spells will have an effect on a 400 foot tall creature when we've only ever seen them used on people and small in comparison animals. A bullet to the skull will kill a man. But if you shoot Kong in the head he's gonna smear you across the ground for annoying him.

There are descriptions of the size and tough skin of creatures making them immune as well. There's even a statement that they use shrinking potions to make naturally immune creatures smaller so magic can work on them.

So if you wanna say magic works, you can't just give it an infinite range.

ares834
Those don't support your stance. Sure, trolls and giants may have hides that repel spells. But that doesn't mean it's due to them being large or because they have thick hides. By contrast the quotes I provided explicitly state that dragons are resistant to magic because they are magical and have magical hides. Like I said, there is no reason to believe otherwise when it comes to trolls and giants.

Now scale does matter for certain spells like transfiguration spells. However, I am unsure if this remains true for the Killing Curse and, even if it does, Voldemort has used magic on such a scale before.

KingD19
Those don't support your stance. Sure, trolls and giants may have hides that repel spells.

But that doesn't mean it's due to them being large or because they have thick hides.

These 2 statements directly contradict each other.

And the quote is that it's because a troll's hide is so tough. If that's the explanation given, how is it not the reason?

And sure they support my stance. All of these large, tough skinned creatures are immune to magic and the thing they have in common is they are large and tough skinned.

Even with the dragons there are mentions of magic and tough skin so both could apply, although it doesn't have to necessarily apply to Kong as he's an ape. But the point is he's far larger and far tougher than anything any wizard has ever used a spell on. Why would the spells work on him when they don't work on creatures a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of his size?

What magic has Voldemort used on the scale of a fully grown Kong? What was the spell? How effective was it?

Hell, what proof is there magic works on a gigantic monkey from the center of the Earth where the laws of physics and reality work completely different?

Even if the Killing Curse worked on Kong, to what degree would it work? Would it make his big toe feel fuzzy like when your leg falls asleep?

Saying "Magic works on a 400 foot tall monkey because it worked on all these people just cuz" doesn't cut it for me. That's giving magic infinite power.

That's like saying, "Superman lifted an apartment building in Justice League, so he can surely lift a skyscraper" despite there being no evidence of such.

Trgmrg
If I were a betting man, I'd leave it to chance. If I were still a hunter, I'd chase-same diff.

ares834
These 2 statements directly contradict each other.

They do not. Because we do not know why their hides repel spells. And like I said, I'm inclined they repel spells because if innate magic similar to dragons.

What magic has Voldemort used on the scale of a fully grown Kong? What was the spell? How effective was it?

When he destroyed Hogwarts' defenses.

KingD19
They do not. Because we do not know why their hides repel spells. And like I said, I'm inclined they repel spells because if innate magic similar to dragons.

When he destroyed Hogwarts' defenses.

That was him delivering the final blow after all of his Death Eaters blasted into the shield to weaken it. He didn't just walk up and break it. Also in doing so, he nearly destroyed the Elder Wand.

And okay, let's go with your theory. How strong do you think Voldemort's magic is? Can it affect a 400 foot tall gorilla that's powerful enough to withstand a gravity inversion to the center of the planet? That is from a world(Hollow Earth) with a completely different set of rules. Maybe he's immune to magic because of that?

We never even see the 3 curses on anything larger than a human, so what evidence is there that it'll work on a building sized creature? If it does work, to what degree will it?

Silent Master
Nice to see the no limits fallacy is still being used.

ares834
The shield shows very little sings of damage until he releases his blast.

And I've already stated I'm unsure whether scale matters in regards to the Killing Curse. However, considering the level and scale of magic Vodly is capable of, I don't see Kong's size being an issue unless he is resistant to magic in someway.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Nice to see the no limits fallacy is still being used.

NO LIMITS FALLACY!!! That's what it's called. I couldn't remember the term.

ShadowFyre
Damn. King and Ares both have shit to fall back on straight out of the source.

I usually side with hax magic but not sure on this one because voldemort was such a failure

NemeBro
Grindelwald can destroy all of Paris with a spell, Voldemort is canonically Grindelwald's superior, Voldemort wins. thumb up

ShadowFyre
everyone seems to forget that Kong moves at hundreds of miles per hour like pretty much all the time. Every single part of his fight with Goji and Mecha G was literally faster than a Lamborghinis top speed

Silent Master
Voldemort can destroy a city with a single spell, I don't recall that happening. can someone post a clip with the timestamp?

Adam Grimes
King Kong steps on all of Hogwarts with every wizard that ever set a foot on it inside. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
been years since i've watched the harry pothead films but do not recall voldy beating someone of kong's stature

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.