Thanos vs The Sun (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thanos vs Marvel Earth's Sun
Sun's feats:

-"killed" the Void

-Killed Mangog

-Instantly blew up Mjolnir

-Killed Knull

Vs

DIONE

Stoic
Didn't a much larger star blow up in his face without causing much damage?

DarkSaint85
Yeah but Mjolnir has done similar.

Didn't save her.

Some people here also claimed Knull survived the Big Bang, so...

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Didn't a much larger star blow up in his face without causing much damage? That was a planet which was tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of miles from him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Sun's feats:

-"killed" the Void

-Killed Mangog

-Killed Knull

Vs

DIONE
The sun also killed Ego.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11136/111365408/7832770-7608430285- J_bIPDQWC3JrP84A6wKX46IasASRHd9ioyUeQPxk3Ew_rInyyR
AZp9_tmTFVgkqQaTuqXbIUamKk%3Ds1600.jpg

And Pymtron (the most powerful Ultron) feared for his life.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11136/111365408/7832772-0923528508-o2JGx0t5FLn--hb3pWxBQ8mU2HosNyzEiMZluWbMzpsaGYmcZXbF-CHI6cOXNEe7JOXaiRrhpS8t%3Ds1600.jpg

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
That was a planet which was tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of miles from him. Stop lying you phucking idiot troll. You post the scan showing it was the distance you claim.

MrMind
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Stop lying you phucking idiot troll. You post the scan showing it was the distance you claim.

every single post of yours result in an insult, are you alright?

celeyhyga17
Sun's feats:

-"killed" the Void

-Killed Mangog

-Killed Knull

Vs

DIONE
Knull got swagger jacked with mjolnir/board axe.. He basically a shell of himself when he got disintegrated.

DarkSaint85
Interested to hear your thoughts on how Eddie could summon Mjolnir to him like that.

celeyhyga17
He just that powerful(?). All event long they talked up the dark's equal and opposing force(the light). He proved to be just as powerful if not more so. Theres also the bit with Mjolnir acting wonky. Plus when he summoned mjol and toomie, Thor and Surf didnt seem to mind. They seemed surprised, but ultimately fine with it. I guess they figured it would help so there was no battle for control like when Thor almost ripped Bills arm off.
But going back to god of light Broc, he not only summoned the items, but matter manipulated them as well. Thats kinda crazy. The few instances other than worthies matter manipulating mjol was done by uber cosmics like Exitar, Molecule Man, and Mephisto in his realm. Not entirely sure bout last one(possibly illusion), but u get the idea.

DarkSaint85
Hmm.

So the Enigma Force/Captain Universe is able to override Allfather Thor and move Mjolnir when even Odin couldn't even budge?

The force never seemed to be that powerful.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hmm.

So the Enigma Force/Captain Universe is able to override Allfather Thor and move Mjolnir when even Odin couldn't even budge?

The force never seemed to be that powerful.
Something currently wrong with odinforce/thorforce. Basically anyone can lift the hammer atm and Thor didnt try wrest control from Broc so that could be the reason.

Yeah about Odin, he was depowered and acting belligerent. In times past he was able to overpower the hammer. Girl power mjol, not so much.

I always thought there were different depictions of power for the enigma force. The pie lady seemed to be pretty powerful. Even the builders feared and respected it. Maybe this time around broc had full enigma force? The story mentioned something about that it used to spread itself too thin..

Insane Titan

MrMind

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Something currently wrong with odinforce/thorforce. Basically anyone can lift the hammer atm and Thor didnt try wrest control from Broc so that could be the reason.

Yeah about Odin, he was depowered and acting belligerent. In times past he was able to overpower the hammer. Girl power mjol, not so much.

I always thought there were different depictions of power for the enigma force. The pie lady seemed to be pretty powerful. Even the builders feared and respected it. Maybe this time around broc had full enigma force? The story mentioned something about that it used to spread itself too thin..

Lifting, sure.

Summoning and taking Thor by surprise? I mean, imagine if in a Thor Vs thread Abhi argues Wolverine uses his superior reflexes an summons it to him...

celeyhyga17
Wolverine has esoteric abilities?

Insane Titan

MrMind

Insane Titan

MrMind

DarkSaint85
Wolverine has esoteric abilities?

You were saying anyone could lift it as a potential reason why Brock (you for some reason keep spelling it wrong?) could summon it to him.

So if anyone being able to lift it is a reason, then Wolverine, who on panel has faster reaction times than Thor, would be able to simply summon Mjolnir to him.

Nothing in your post said anything about esoteric abilities. If that is what you want to use as a reason/excuse now, sure.

celeyhyga17
You were saying anyone could lift it as a potential reason why Brock (you for some reason keep spelling it wrong?) could summon it to him.

So if anyone being able to lift it is a reason, then Wolverine, who on panel has faster reaction times than Thor, would be able to simply summon Mjolnir to him.

Nothing in your post said anything about esoteric abilities. If that is what you want to use as a reason/excuse now, sure.
Its no different from someone like a telekinetic pulling it to them is wut im saying. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.
Anyways that wasnt the surprising part. He matter manipulated the two things which was pretty uber.

ilikecomics
It kind of looked like a reimagined agony (spawn's axe), which would also be destroyed by marvel's sun.

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
Its no different from someone like a telekinetic pulling it to them is wut im saying. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.
Anyways that wasnt the surprising part. He matter manipulated the two things which was pretty uber.

That was the next thing I was going to bring up. Again, never knew the enigma Force was THAT uber.

celeyhyga17
Yeah. It was such an open powerset and each host seemed to differ in level. But Cates made it clear that it was at least Knull's equal or near equal.
Eddie then takes it a step further by adding to his power with a mjolnir/power cosmic weapon.

Diesldude
Oh damn wth is going on here.

MrMind
Originally posted by Diesldude
Oh damn wth is going on here.

Just my daily ritual of bullying IT, nothing to see here

Stoic
Are there any scans of Thanos being taken out, or down by temperatures as great as the sun? If not, anything said is speculation. He did ask Thor for more after being blasted by lightning.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Facee
The battle between IT and Mr M is the best thing about this thread ( no offense Dam).

Thank you gentlemen. That's why I continue visiting kmc.

One Big Mob
Lots of good arguments here. Different arguments I assume but can't be sure because I only read the IT and MM exchange. Maybe DS and Celey are saying the same but I'll never know.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Facee
The battle between IT and Mr M is the best thing about this thread ( no offense Dam).

That's what this site is for, Face laughing out loud

You need to visit our CBVF more often, btw. I realize that watching Steve and Bada's bromance in the Blue Oyster Bar might be more interesting... but we need your presence here, too, you legend.

DarkSaint85
Are there any scans of Thanos being taken out, or down by temperatures as great as the sun? If not, anything said is speculation. He did ask Thor for more after being blasted by lightning.

There's Ego:

https://i.imgur.com/EaGm1FB.jpg

Until Thanos came to his senses and took the Galactus Engine.

Wonder Man

zopzop
Captain Marvel/Binary did it. Quasar did it. Classic Thor did it. I'm sure Thanos can survive it too.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Captain Marvel/Binary did it. Quasar did it. Classic Thor did it. I'm sure Thanos can survive it too.
Quasar barely survived the photosphere.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Quasar barely survived the photosphere.
I'm talking about Wendell Vaughn Quasar, he dove into the heart of the Sun with Binary trying to suck out the dark matter infecting it :
https://i.postimg.cc/VS4V2X5D/image.jpg

Damborgson
Originally posted by Facee

None taken, I'm perfectly happy with the result.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
I'm talking about Wendell Vaughn Quasar, he dove into the heart of the Sun with Binary trying to suck out the dark matter infecting it :
https://i.postimg.cc/VS4V2X5D/image.jpg
He wasn't inside the heart of sun.

Bentley
The Sun outpreps Thanos

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Stop lying you phucking idiot troll. You post the scan showing it was the distance you claim.

Perspective geometry.

Looking at the scenes again (to refresh my memory) it appears as if they were thousands of miles away (up to tens of thousands of miles).

A gas giant is bigger than Earth and has a diameter of about 30,000 to 160,000 miles.

It appears that you can fit 1/3 to 1/2 of a duplicate gas giant between Thanos and the gas giant.

Old Man Whirly!
Perspective geometry.

Looking at the scenes again (to refresh my memory) it appears as if they were thousands of miles away (up to tens of thousands of miles).

A gas giant is bigger than Earth and has a diameter of about 30,000 to 160,000 miles.

It appears that you can fit 1/3 to 1/2 of a duplicate gas giant between Thanos and the gas giant. um Stars have diameters far larger than 30,000 to 160,000 miles. What are you talking about?

abhilegend
The gas giant wasn't destroyed as shown in the very next page, it was just an explosion on its surface.

https://i.postimg.cc/fVNPbG7W/7923579-7122942378-9-F7-N-F-x1pd-Jn-YAXzkdk-Fdq3-JQ8v-XFG-5-Pdkro-MYlts-QWKS4-Gan7c-NIDOPFGAqr8m1-GRhiy-SW3-Q5-s160.jpg

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
The gas giant wasn't destroyed as shown in the very next page, it was just an explosion on its surface.

https://i.postimg.cc/fVNPbG7W/7923579-7122942378-9-F7-N-F-x1pd-Jn-YAXzkdk-Fdq3-JQ8v-XFG-5-Pdkro-MYlts-QWKS4-Gan7c-NIDOPFGAqr8m1-GRhiy-SW3-Q5-s160.jpg Do you even understand anything ever.

abhilegend
Of course not, only you've ever understood anything about Thanos.

Insane Titan

abhilegend
Uh-huh. They don't teach sarcasm in old UK, do they?

Old Man Whirly!
Uh-huh. They don't teach sarcasm in old UK, do they? My dear Abhi, have you heard of Oscar Wilde?

Insane Titan

MrMind

abhilegend

abhilegend
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
My dear Abhi, have you heard of Oscar Wilde?
Of course

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

abhilegend
You can't do even one thing at once though

MrMind

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

MrMind

Insane Titan

Sin I AM
Sun's feats:

-"killed" the Void

-Killed Mangog

-Killed Knull

Vs

DIONE

Aren't these instances all circumstantial tho?

Like Void/Sentry wanted to die
Mango just fought all of Asgard
Knull fought everyone and was depowered... with the exception mjol the rest would've tanked it under normal conditions

MrMind

Insane Titan

MrMind

Sin I AM
Y are you two so ghey

Smurph
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Knull fought everyone and was depowered... with the exception mjol the rest would've tanked it under normal conditions lolz

Delta1938

Knull fought everyone and was depowered... with the exception mjol the rest would've tanked it under normal conditions

Supposedly Knull took the Big Bang. If so, how depower would he have to be to get killed by the Sun?

The fighting beforehand honestly feels like an excuse unless narration statements or something showed they were that worn down. I'm talking about it killing them, I could see it if they'd merely been KOed.

h1a8
um Stars have diameters far larger than 30,000 to 160,000 miles. What are you talking about? a gas giant is a planet (like Jupiter). Not a star.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Delta1938
Supposedly Knull took the Big Bang. If so, how depower would he have to be to get killed by the Sun?

The fighting beforehand honestly feels like an excuse unless narration statements or something showed they were that worn down. I'm talking about it killing them, I could see it if they'd merely been KOed.

Well it's been shown time and again that Earth's sun (and Earth btw) is dues ex...so we're low ballin when we say it's just a sun. It's obviously not.

Stoic
Still no evidence that Thanos wouldn't survive this huh? Did he survive a black hole with just a few scratches?

Sin I AM
Still no evidence that Thanos wouldn't survive this huh? Did he survive a black hole with just a few scratches?

You missed the point entirely

Stoic
You missed the point entirely

The point? But I wasn't replying to your post. The example that you made is similar to the gas station explosion that KO'd Maxima and Superman during DOS. It could be said that if it was capable of KOing Maxima, it would be able to KO most characters within her durability class. Superman actually had an excuse, he was getting worn out by fighting Doomsday before the explosion.

Back to your point, Earth and Sun 616 are OP. My post was more along the lines of that Thanos would survive it despite the BS that has been written. After all, Thor plunged into that same sun repeatedly in search of Mjolinir.

Delta1938
Well it's been shown time and again that Earth's sun (and Earth btw) is dues ex...so we're low ballin when we say it's just a sun. It's obviously not.

That's not answering my question.

abhilegend

abhilegend
a gas giant is a planet (like Jupiter). Not a star.
The gas giant wasn't destroyed either

MrMind
Pretty sad for you when even repeating, I say it better

abhi you are so late to the party it's not even funny

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

abhilegend
My shrink says otherwise but what does he knows against a typically angry UK guy when it comes to slight against Thanos

Insane Titan

MrMind
My shrink says otherwise but what does he knows against a typically angry UK guy when it comes to slight against Thanos

the shrinks have given up on IT a long time ago, he's eating his own shit while typing angrily as we speak

the only reason the looney bins are not taking him in is because he tries to punch anyone who is trying to help him

poor guy

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan
laughing out loud

That's why me posting a scan showing the gas giant not exploding completely was met with personal attack. Yep, you're not at all an angry guy. Yet the dialogue and the panels before and after it show it destroyed. Plus the scene on the ship is showing a image/projection of what happened and not the actual event live. The explosion happens before its shown on the ship. After that the Gas giant is nowhere to be seen. As usual you lie for some reason.

abhilegend
What dialog? It only says that the core of the planet was igniter, never said that the whole planet was destroyed.

Yeah, the explosion happened before, that's why it was shown on the screen in the first place as only on surface of the planet.

Insane Titan

MrMind

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Sin I AM
Surviving the explosion, never said to be the destruction of the planet.

This is what the observing Shiar said, only gradual orbital shift detected in the planet.

https://i.postimg.cc/t4pPd6Wc/image.jpg

Sexy. Nice scan there abs

Insane Titan

One_Angry_Scot
Once all this virus crap is done with we need to organised a UFC tournament for IT, MrM, Abhi etc.

Sin I AM

Stoic
How dow does any of that prove anything? Thor was diving in and out of the sun for days. Why would anyone believe that Thanos would have a difficult time surviving this? It was obviously a low showing for Mangog and any others that are actually tougher than Thor. If we were to make a case for the low showings that have gone on in comics, the skating around with excuses would be phucking endless.

What case can be brought up to prove that Thanos would be killed by the sun? Also if it can kill Thanos, imagine what it would do to lesser characters.

DarkSaint85
Thor was burning up in the sun every time he went in. His mom had to call him to come inside, lol.

h1a8
I guess back in the day, writers didn't know how stupid it was for a character to be able to survive inside the sun.
Comics were more silly than they are now.

Nowadays, a star is respected more than what it used to be.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/mDrcGh43/RCO004-1553091544.jpg

abhilegend

celeyhyga17

Looks like only his eyes were burning. Even then he kept swimming in the sun until his fauxjolnirs started melting. Thats actually pretty crazy considering he did this everyday for weeks.

DarkSaint85
Not quite what Stoic was driving at but ok.

Old Man Whirly!
a gas giant is a planet (like Jupiter). Not a star. Yes, and my point is the sun is much bigger...

cdtm

What a weakling. laughing out loud

Gladiator had no such problems sun diving.

cdtm
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/12/121489/2372163-890227_sun_flight_super.jpg

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

MrMind
IT is part time astrophysicist, part time mma fighter, part time bodybuilder, part time philosopher

a great man he is

he knows so much about gas giant from farting non stop

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan

SquallX

carver9
Don't know why that was posted. Imagine trying to lowball a character who gets an eye sting from swimming in the sun. Lol

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Don't know why that was posted. Imagine trying to lowball a character who gets an eye sting from swimming in the sun. Lol

Do you ever comprehend what's going on, or does everything have to be baby proofed for you?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/47/1/1915747929-silver-surfer-37-drax.jpg

Surfer doesn't even get an eye sting.

abhilegend

Insane Titan

h1a8
Yes, and my point is the sun is much bigger... I know the Sun is much bigger.

Titan wanted me to prove Thanos was tens of thousands of miles away from the gas giant. I responded with this:

It appears that you can fit 1/3 to 1/2 of the diameter of a duplicate gas giant between Thanos and the gas giant.

So 1/3 of the diameter of a gas giant can be from 10000 miles to over 50000 miles. Hence, tens of thousands of miles.

Then you responded with:

um Stars have diameters far larger than 30,000 to 160,000 miles. What are you talking about?

The "what are you talking about" question is throwing me. What do actual stars have to do with the exchange? Again, I was basically trying to prove how far away Thanos was to the gas giant when it exploded. Using info on stars (which are not gas giants) is irrelevant. That's why I was confused with your post.

abhilegend

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Booya_69
Originally posted by cdtm
https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/47/1/1915747929-silver-surfer-37-drax.jpg

Surfer doesn't even get an eye sting.

Post beta ray bill taking a nap in a star. 😎

Booya_69
Looks like only his eyes were burning. Even then he kept swimming in the sun until his fauxjolnirs started melting. Thats actually pretty crazy considering he did this everyday for weeks.

👍. He was taking his time in there, searching for something. Beast of a showing.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Booya_69
👍. He was taking his time in there, searching for something. Beast of a showing.

How would you know he's taking his time?

Booya_69

cdtm
Originally posted by Booya_69
Post beta ray bill taking a nap in a star. 😎

http://i.imgur.com/MKblX5F.jpg

One Big Mob
https://i.ibb.co/cDrQPG3/Screenshot-20210425-134316-Chrome.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ZMRSDQg/Screenshot-20210425-134337-Chrome.jpg

It's like everything CD does is purposefully done to be the worst though. The biggest page stretch in the history of page stretching.

DarkSaint85

Insane Titan

Booya_69
Originally posted by cdtm
http://i.imgur.com/MKblX5F.jpg

Awesome! Thanks.

MrMind

abhilegend

abhilegend

Insane Titan
Originally posted by MrMind
you are a gas giant you bloated sack of shit shut you aids ridden look freak. Stick to being a coward.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

abhilegend

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
If you think this
https://i.ibb.co/pK1jmGs/B9-F2-FB06-5166-4859-B05-F-AD5-DD2-CB2-DF3.jpg

Is the same as this your basic trolling because you have nothing
https://i.ibb.co/pjdfB2v/361-DE5-A8-A3-DA-4048-9610-CE5-A6696-D509.jpg

abhilegend

Insane Titan

abhilegend