This news story reminds me of the retarded " the nazi's are left wing" misunderstandi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm old enough to remember Ronald Reagan also didn't understand born in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/13/right-wing-take-over-protest-music-bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa-american-politics?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Funny stuff.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm old enough to remember Ronald Reagan also didn't understand born in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/13/right-wing-take-over-protest-music-bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa-american-politics?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Funny stuff.

Go kill yourself, useless old man.

cdtm

Funny stuff.

Awesome.

It's good to see as a humble clown or frog can become symbols of hate, so can lyrics of anti-americanism become a symbol of inspiration for american patriotism. thumb up smile

Meaning is use indeed.

ilikecomics
How were the nazi's not left wing ? They sought total volkswirtschaft, which means total national planning and total economic autarky.
The further left on the political spectrum one is the more one believes in state intervention in the economy.
Therefore, the nazi's were extremely left wing.

Robtard
The Nazis were Conservative Rightwingers, they wanted to conserve their skewed views of their way of life and their "race".

It's also why the Nazi party found many a friend among both European and American Conservatives early on, before the war.

But you keep on gaslighting.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Robtard
The Nazis were Conservative Rightwingers, they wanted to conserve their skewed views of their way of life and their "race".

It's also why the Nazi party found many a friend among both European and American Conservatives early on, before the war.

But you keep on gaslighting.

Being socially conservative or using populism in politics isn't what makes someone right wing. The right-left axis is economic - far left is total state economic planning, while far right is low to no government control In economic planning in favor of a free market.

Not a gas light.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by ilikecomics
How were the nazi's not left wing ? They sought total volkswirtschaft, which means total national planning and total economic autarky.
The further left on the political spectrum one is the more one believes in state intervention in the economy.
Therefore, the nazi's were extremely left wing.

Because the first groups they targeted during their rise to power were actual working class left wing groups and trade unions.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Because the first groups they targeted during their rise to power were actual working class left wing groups and trade unions. thumb up Jaden stop using facts. You can prove anything with them.

cdtm
Comparing them to people today though...

Why not conpare the Bolshevik revolution to the current left then? Hardly an ideal alternative to facism, that bloody revolution (That took many more lives then the rich they targeted. Many simple working class people themselves.)

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
Comparing them to people today though...

Why not conpare the Bolshevik revolution to the current left then? Hardly an ideal alternative to facism, that bloody revolution (That took many more lives then the rich they targeted. Many simple working class people themselves.) The left haven't stormed the capitol or indoctrinated children to carry guns and shoot people.

cdtm
The left haven't stormed the capitol or indoctrinated children to carry guns and shoot people.

What, GI Joe?

Video games?

Pretty sure they're just businessmen looking to make a buck. And I mean, think about it, everyone thinks the entertainment industry is some left wing monolith, yet they're the ones glorifying sex and violence in the 1980's and 90's.

Good old right wing populist Hollywood. 😜

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
I'm sorry but i have never burnt down anyones house here in Africa...

ilikecomics
Because the first groups they targeted during their rise to power were actual working class left wing groups and trade unions.

The first people the bolsheviks targeted were the meshiviks... Both left wing... So I don't get what you're getting at really. Could you rephrase ?

Lord Lucien
I'm sorry but i have never burnt down anyones house here in Africa... Not for lack of trying, I bet. Do you curse the rains?

cdtm

NewGuy01
The right-left axis is economic
Ahh, I remember those days... back before I realized that the Nolan chart is a nonsense means of evaluating political ideology. Made to make libertarians feel good about themselves.
I fell for it, too.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ahh, I remember those days... back before I realized that the Nolan chart is a nonsense means of evaluating political ideology. Made to make libertarians feel good about themselves.
I fell for it, too.

I'm not sure why it would be slanted towards libertarianism, so you'd have to prove your case there.

What alternative metric is superior ? Because when it comes to the left-right political divide in america im not sure what else could divide them besides big gov. Vs. small gov.

Please enlighten me oh wise.

Blakemore
The Nazis went after the Russian folk who were communist they then tried to invade France via Belgium hence why Britain intervened. Learn your history!

SquallX
I'm sorry but i have never burnt down anyones house here in Africa...

Naw, white liberals just go there, rape the land then leave it a mess. All the while they get on their high horse and talk down to Black people.

Blakemore
I think that was over 50 years ago 🤣

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by SquallX
Naw, white liberals just go there, rape the land then leave it a mess. All the while they get on their high horse and talk down to Black people. well i do argue with my wife sometimes.

ilikecomics
Still haven't had it explained to me why the nazi's aren't left.

Robtard
It has, you just ignored it.

Robtard
Originally posted by SquallX
Naw, white liberals just go there, rape the land then leave it a mess. All the while they get on their high horse and talk down to Black people. Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
well i do argue with my wife sometimes.

laughing out loud

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Robtard
It has, you just ignored it.

I thought I was just told over and over that they're not left, and definitely right.

When I brought up the metric I use, I was told it was a bad one and not given a new one.

What answer did I ignore ?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I fell for it, too. Libertarians are ridiculous thumb up

Blakemore
White liberal British having sex with black African people, well I can't blame them. I'm a white British liberal by and some African people are sexy so each to their own

ilikecomics
Libertarians are ridiculous thumb up

Why do you think it's ridiculous, preferably in your own words, to value individual liberty, not hurting people unless in self defense, and associating with who you want to ?

jaden_2.0

Remind me of the 3 biggest state interventions in the US economy.

Hoover: Republican: 1929-1932
Bush: Republican: 2008
Trump: Republican 2020

ilikecomics
Remind me of the 3 biggest state interventions in the US economy.

Hoover: Republican: 1929-1932
Bush: Republican: 2008
Trump: Republican 2020

Agreed. I think republicanism is weak sauce, especially the gop.

Blakemore
I concur, the republicans are toxic

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Blakemore
I concur, the republicans are toxic

Are they toxic because the principles they supposedly hold, but fail to live up to?
Or alternatively, are they toxic because their principles ?

I think living under a constitutional republic, made up of smaller state government's that have power over a geographic jurisdiction makes sense to me. Or at least moving in the right direction.

jaden_2.0
Republicans...f**king useless leftists

ilikecomics
Republicans...f**king useless leftists

That's how I feel too thumb up thumb up thumb up

Blakemore
It's the religious right I ****ing hate I mean, how ****ing deluded can one be?

ilikecomics

I have a problem with any system of thought that is mystical, as opposed to evidence based.

cdtm

As opposed to the Christian left? The East Haven CT police discrimination lawsuit was initiated by a Reverand protecting his Hispanic congregation.

Plus there's Muslims, Jews, Hindus.. Pretty sure many vote Democrat, though not all.

ilikecomics
As opposed to the Christian left? The East Haven CT police discrimination lawsuit was initiated by a Reverand protecting his Hispanic congregation.

Plus there's Muslims, Jews, Hindus.. Pretty sure many vote Democrat, though not all.

Islamofascism !

Blakemore

Plus there's Muslims, Jews, Hindus.. Pretty sure many vote Democrat, though not all. equally dispicable

cdtm
equally dispicable

Where's Fly when you need him, he'd be buying us drinks against Jeremiah Wright loving Obama. laughing out loud thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.