Major injuries you had as a kid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
What was the worst injury you ever had as a kid? When I was a kid, I touched the hot part of a gas heater and got 3rd degree burns.

Dave_97
The worst injury I ever suffered as a kid, was growing up.
It hurts every day.

Nuke Nixon
Getting hit in the eye with a softball, detached retina, week stay in hospital.

Appendix burst, gangrene released, surgery, 2 weeks hospital.

Crashed motorcycle through barb wire fence, ripped lip, chipped tooth, laceration along upper arm 22 stitches.

Innertube sucked into a whirlpool under a fallen tree on a river, nearly drowned, tore up legs and arms, lost glasses.

All before I was even a teenager.

Jmanghan
I fell out of a car when I was like 6.

tru-marvell
--grabbed the tale pipe of a motorcycle 6ys... 2nd degree burns on my face from camp fire 12 yrs-wreck on 10 speed suffered abrasions on forehead, shoulders, forearms and ripped skin from palms on both hands 14 yrs.
No broken bones (ever) but lots of sprained ankle injuries-wind knocked out many times... common stuff. Guess I lived a charmed life so far...

walshy
I never had a major injury as a kid, guess I've just always been smarter than most

Nuke Nixon
That's probably because there's sod all to do in Wales innit.

winthe
I was six and patting my friend's dog on the back (with her dad in the room and keeping an eye on me) when it decided my face looked tasty.

Its teeth ripped into my lower lip and the skin just under my eye (mom couldn't stop saying how lucky it was that I hadn't lost that eye). I got to go to the hospital and look as a needle moved just underneath my eye, sewing me up. My bloody shirt was thrown away. The dog was put down.

Interestingly, the only pain I recall from the entire incident was the sting of having the stitches removed, and the intense fear of dogs I had a for a few years after was much more scarring than the wounds. You wouldn't noticed the scars today unless I pointed them out, but you'll see me jump and tense up when a dog barks at me. I'm not scared of dogs any more, but I am wary of them.

Nuke Nixon
Dogs are really good judges of character.

Dude111
I fell off the Jungle Gym when I was 5 (Right onto my head)

OOUUCCHH!!

Then I fell out of a tree one right on my head some years later. I remember going home and going to bed after that.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.