Former CDC director believes Covid-19 came from a lab.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/former-cdc-director-surprises-cnns-151700805.html

Keep in mind Democrats, CNN and such have routinely shamed anyone with this opinion, and social media posts and videos have been censored as conspiracy theory.

Yes, it is this one man's opinion. This one man who lead the CDC, and openly states the same opinion as many who have been censored.

A double standard on full display.

StiltmanFTW
Well... we can't completely rule it out, can we?

Newjak
Originally posted by cdtm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/former-cdc-director-surprises-cnns-151700805.html

Keep in mind Democrats, CNN and such have routinely shamed anyone with this opinion, and social media posts and videos have been censored as conspiracy theory.

Yes, it is this one man's opinion. This one man who lead the CDC, and openly states the same opinion as many who have been censored.

A double standard on full display. I mean I would ask what his evidence is?

After as he says it's just his opinion right now.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Newjak
I mean I would ask what his evidence is?

After as he says it's just his opinion right now. Anything is possible but SARS and MERS, both of which COVID is closely related to, did exactly what he suggests COVID didn't and jumped from Vectors to human.

cdtm
That's fair.

It's not really the criticism I take issue with, so much as the narrative and political posturing. I wouldn't be surprised if a day comes when Conservative and Liberal outlets coincidentally has the exact same unsubstantiated theory they support, while criticising the other side of conspiracy theories, on the exact same news outlets. Like "Haha CNN believes martians exist! And this just in, proof martians may exist!" And vice versa.

Anyways, the lab theory has another supporter, equally as distinguished and more recently talked about:

https://americandefensenews.com/2021/04/13/cnn-medical-expert-dr-gupta-backs-wuhan-biolab-covid-leak-theory-as-most-likely-scenario/

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewDay/status/1375428147097841665? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1375428147097841665%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Famericandefensenews.com%2F2021%2F04%2F13%2Fcnn-medical-expert-dr-gupta-backs-wuhan-biolab-covid-leak-theory-as-most-likely-scenario%2F

Sorry about the source, I pulled it off a Quora right wing post.

Bashar Teg

A double standard on full display.

imho the big difference is this: nothing about that encourages people to hate others because they might be of chinese decent. regardless, his speculation is worth nothing without evidence, and seems to have the same sort of devoid conversational value as "george bush did 9/11"

BruceSkywalker
so this person has first hand knowledge or is he just guessing

Robtard
That's like his opinion, man.

jaden_2.0
Normal people can tell the difference between a virus being studied in a lab and accidentally being carried out into the public because of lax biosecurity protocols and a virus being created by genetic modification in a lab and deliberately released into a country's own population in the hope that it'll spread around the planet and hit a particular country because you want their leader to not get reelected.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
That's like his opinion, man.

As he said, yes.

Other scientists have had similar opinions, and been roundly dismissed as crackpots. Its only because a former CDC director says this that it has any credibility at all.

Still opinion, of course.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Normal people can tell the difference between a virus being studied in a lab and accidentally being carried out into the public because of lax biosecurity protocols and a virus being created by genetic modification in a lab and deliberately released into a country's own population in the hope that it'll spread around the planet and hit a particular country because you want their leader to not get reelected.

That's China playing 7d chess or something.

cdtm
That's China playing 7d chess or something.

Is anyone really making those accusations though?

I mean, we saw how far China and international communities would go to suppress anything Free Hong Kong. How far would they all go to erase even a hint of culpability?

Because making a narrative that asking questions is akin to being a raving anti-chinese racist is a pretty good way to keep anyone from criticising you, even where merited.

Robtard
As he said, yes.

Other scientists have had similar opinions, and been roundly dismissed as crackpots. Its only because a former CDC director says this that it has any credibility at all.

Still opinion, of course.

Who?

Are you possibly referring to Trump's appointees Paul Alexander or Dr. Scott Atlas? Cos they were mocked in regards to wanting Covid-19 to purposely spread, in order to achieve herd immunity. Which would have been devastating, cos as we've seen, we can't command covid-19 to infect only the young and healthy. Covid does what it wants.

Robtard
Is anyone really making those accusations though?

I mean, we saw how far China and international communities would go to suppress anything Free Hong Kong. How far would they all go to erase even a hint of culpability?

Because making a narrative that asking questions is akin to being a raving anti-chinese racist is a pretty good way to keep anyone from criticising you, even where merited.

That mockery was specifically in regards to the widely held Trumper belief that China created and released covid-19 in order to get Trump booted out of office.

The other belief, that China created covid-19 and it got out, is not a crazy idea, but proof is needed.

cdtm
That mockery was specifically in regards to the widely held Trumper belief that China created and released covid-19 in order to get Trump booted out of office.

The other belief, that China created covid-19 and it got out, is not a crazy idea, but proof is needed.

Yeah, China targeting Trump is a pretty stupid idea.

And agree proof is needed to accuse China of designer bio warfare. But I think we can take them to task for being less then transparent during the initial investigations, if not outright obstructionists.

I'm very happy to see a CDC guy speculate like this, it show the idea that they're Chinese puppets is as unfounded as any conspiracy theory.

Adam_PoE

For it to work, Trump would have to respond exactly as he did. For all they knew, we had a pandemic response team and playbook, and he would follow it like every other country in the world did. Basically, that trap only works if he is dumb enough to step in it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
For it to work, Trump would have to respond exactly as he did. For all they knew, we had a pandemic response team and playbook, and he would follow it like every other country in the world did. Basically, that trap only works if he is dumb enough to step in it.

Not that I think China did it and did it to take out Trump, but it would have been a fairly safe bet that Trump would be dumb enough.

Dadudeman

Robtard
Sockguy, that's a pretty long rant when you could have just said "I'm an antivaxxer".

Bashar Teg

Dadudeman

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/h5JdYUy.gif

laughing out loud

Robtard

Adam_PoE

laughing out loud

Dadudeman

cdtm
They also make Advil.

Just because they're an evil pharmacy doesn't mean they don't make useful stuff.

Criminal stuff happens in shadow. Everybody is watching them, governments and experts especially. And now they get to be the savior of the world? That's a PR wet dream.

Bashar Teg
Y'all Qaeda have been obsessed with maximizing the amount of people who catch covid, for over a year now. They should just organize and give each other covid. it would probably by frightfully easy for them to accomplish, given the newer and more contagious variants. Those who unfortunately don't die will develop the required antibodies. that's just as good as a vaccination if you want a "surrender your freedoms & return to your life by carrying this passport" passport

StiltmanFTW

Stealing this thumb up

truejedi
What I'm taking from that, is you think losing lawsuits is synonymous with the truth. Where does that put you on the Big Lie? Hard to lose more lawsuits than that, don't you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.