Doctor Strange vs Endgame Thor (MCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Round 1: BFR is allowed, both characters are in character.

Round 2: BFR is not allowed, both characters are bloodlusted, fight is to the death.

All characters have access to their weaponry and powers.

Who wins?

ShadowFyre
Round 1 is pointless because Strange BFR's immediately as thats his go to move.

Round 2. Strange most likely dies

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Round 1 is pointless because Strange BFR's immediately as thats his go to move.

Round 2. Strange most likely dies You don't think multiplying then binding Thor will work? It worked on Thanos. (For a time)

If he didn't have the gauntlet he'd be screwed.

Yes most of his magic is defensive but what if multiplies one half with swords and the other half with shields or some crazy shit like that. (Or are we not allowed because he didn't do that directly in the movie)

Just because he only used the whip after multiplying doesn't mean he can't do ALL his other magic with his other doppelgangers, and iirc the only reason Thanos was able to detect the real one was cause of the stones.

Or better yet, one half binding with whips, other half swords = dead Thor, yeah?

And yeah, you can say "er, you really think Strange is gonna have time to do any of that?" I'm not trying to use ABC logic here but it is a legitimate question, if Thanos with the stones couldn't stop it in a millisecond, how is Thor going to?

Unless you're going to argue that the swords wouldn't damage him or the whips won't bind him which I definitely disagree against.

Arachnid1
Strange put in more work against Thanos solo than anyone. I'd give both to him. Especially if he has access to the time stone.

ShadowFyre
Well, time stone is a no Brainer Here is the problem with Thor for Strange. That lightning is gonna be coming down awfully fast no matter what Strange does. And none of his shenanigans were very offensive like you said. Outside of the portals he has never displayed anything that could really hurt Thor and all it takes fornThor to kill strange is a casual blow.

Now, if he was able to perform multiple spells simultaneously, Thor would be in serious trouble.

And I usually side with versatility and hax magic but the durability differences between the two are pretty extensive.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Well, time stone is a no Brainer Here is the problem with Thor for Strange. That lightning is gonna be coming down awfully fast no matter what Strange does. And none of his shenanigans were very offensive like you said. Outside of the portals he has never displayed anything that could really hurt Thor and all it takes fornThor to kill strange is a casual blow.

Now, if he was able to perform multiple spells simultaneously, Thor would be in serious trouble.

And I usually side with versatility and hax magic but the durability differences between the two are pretty extensive. So why was Strange fighting Thanos with a sword?

I mean he fought him with several things but his magic sword was able to take blows and Strange attempted to counterattack, meaning that's what Strange considered the best weapon in close quarters combat.

LOGICALLY SPEAKING it also means Strange thought, if he could hit Thanos with it (Idk why they suddenly couldn't hurt them? If it can bind them there's no reason why it couldn't cut them, the whips are made of the same thing.)

Idk if I'm confident that a single lightning strike is somehow gonna disable/kill all the doppelgangers at once. Now I see where this is going a bit though. "Well regardless whenever the Doppelgangers go in to stab him, whether it can hurt Thor or not, he'll just use lightning whenever they get close enough."

I think we're seeing a bit of an immovable force vs an immovable force thing here. "Strange can't effectively do enough damage to put Thor down." Well, likewise, Strange has so much defensive magic he's unlikely to let Thor get close to him, and even if you think he can't do damage to Thor, he absolutely has the means to stop him.

Idk if I'll respond anymore tonight, I'm running on fumes atm, lol. That said I still don't agree that if Thor takes a DIRECT HIT, sword-to-chest contact, I'm 99.9% sure it will hurt him.

Also I really don't think Time Stone is fair for this battle since Thor has no real effective methods of dealing with it. Round 2 is mainly just to see if Strange can put Thor down in direct combat, doing damage, not aging him to death (been so long since I've seen the movies, can Thor age??), or BFR'ing him (in that round at least.)

TheVaultDweller
I'm going to say Strange via Mirror Dimension BFR in round 1. He showed that he can actually do it pretty quickly in his solo film when Kaecilius tried to blow up the one Sanctum and Strange intercepted the attack and shunted it there. Thor murders him in round 2 though, as Strange hasn't shown the damage output yet to seriously hurt Thor.

FrothByte
Round 1 is a quick draw round. This depends on whether Strange can BFR Thor to the mirror dimension faster than Thor can bifrost him to outerspace. That said, I do think Thor has a higher chance of surviving wherever he gets teleported compared to Strange. But... seeing as this is Fat Thor who's reflexes has been dulled, I'll give the slight nod to Strange in this round.

Round 2 goes to Thor eventually. Strange will make him work for it, mostly because this is fat Thor who isn't exactly that sharp even if we make him bloodlusted. But in the end he's too tough and his destructive output too great for Strange to win against.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm going to say Strange via Mirror Dimension BFR in round 1. He showed that he can actually do it pretty quickly in his solo film when Kaecilius tried to blow up the one Sanctum and Strange intercepted the attack and shunted it there. Thor murders him in round 2 though, as Strange hasn't shown the damage output yet to seriously hurt Thor. Okay, why do you think Strange's weaponry can't hurt Thor.

Thanos durability is absolutely capable of being compared to Thor, I'd actually argue it's way more then Thor's, in all honesty, especially since he had the IG during their fights and yet Strange still put up a great fight BY HIMSELF.

He fought up close with an Eldritch Sword or whatever the **** it's called when Thanos closed the distance, he could've gone with the shields which obviously would have had better defensive damage, but he went with the sword, which shows, to me, that Strange was confident if he HIT with his sword, he would actually be able to hurt Thanos in some capacity. I mean there is the off chance that Strange was just doing it to defend himself, but most of his magic revolves around defensive magic and he went out of his way to pick a weapon that had less defensive capabilities then the sheilds he's a fan of constantly using.

I mean the whips were strong enough to restrain him for a short time with the goddamn IG (and would have been able to do so indefinitely if Thanos didn't have his hands on the IG.)

I know I keep harping on it but it's an important point to make. Why would something that could restrain someone so powerful not be capable of hurting them in an offensive manner?

Explain to me why you think Strange's swords can't pierce Thor's skin. I realize I'm being generous here... Thor is clearly a much better fighter and would whoop Strange's ass in CQC, but I'm just perplexed that everyone is so quick to doubt the possibility that Strange would be able to hurt or cut him with his sword (his only real close-quarters combat weapon tailored to defense.)

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FrothByte
Round 1 is a quick draw round. This depends on whether Strange can BFR Thor to the mirror dimension faster than Thor can bifrost him to outerspace. That said, I do think Thor has a higher chance of surviving wherever he gets teleported compared to Strange. But... seeing as this is Fat Thor who's reflexes has been dulled, I'll give the slight nod to Strange in this round.

Round 2 goes to Thor eventually. Strange will make him work for it, mostly because this is fat Thor who isn't exactly that sharp even if we make him bloodlusted. But in the end he's too tough and his destructive output too great for Strange to win against. Hasn't strange traveled like... across the multiverse? Is there any place that could actually hurt a being like him that wouldn't also hurt Thor, Thanos, Hulk, etc.

TheVaultDweller
Well, seeing as Thor has yet to actually BFR anyone with the Bifrost onscreen, meaning we don't even know how long it would take him to do so, that should automatically go to Strange. IMO, a better quickdraw option for Thor would be to try and zap Strange with a lightning bolt from the sky before he can shunt him into the Mirror Dimension. Unless he became super useless in Endgame, he should still be able to call down aerial lightning strikes on opponents like he did in Ragnarok.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Okay, why do you think Strange's weaponry can't hurt Thor.

Thanos durability is absolutely capable of being compared to Thor, I'd actually argue it's way more then Thor's, in all honesty, especially since he had the IG during their fights and yet Strange still put up a great fight BY HIMSELF.

He fought up close with an Eldritch Sword or whatever the **** it's called when Thanos closed the distance, he could've gone with the shields which obviously would have had better defensive damage, but he went with the sword, which shows, to me, that Strange was confident if he HIT with his sword, he would actually be able to hurt Thanos in some capacity. I mean there is the off chance that Strange was just doing it to defend himself, but most of his magic revolves around defensive magic and he went out of his way to pick a weapon that had less defensive capabilities then the sheilds he's a fan of constantly using.

I mean the whips were strong enough to restrain him for a short time with the goddamn IG (and would have been able to do so indefinitely if Thanos didn't have his hands on the IG.)

I know I keep harping on it but it's an important point to make. Why would something that could restrain someone so powerful not be capable of hurting them in an offensive manner?

Explain to me why you think Strange's swords can't pierce Thor's skin. I realize I'm being generous here... Thor is clearly a much better fighter and would whoop Strange's ass in CQC, but I'm just perplexed that everyone is so quick to doubt the possibility that Strange would be able to hurt or cut him with his sword (his only real close-quarters combat weapon tailored to defense.)

Simple. Because nothing he's done offensively has been depicted as being powerful enough to seriously hurt Thor, going by Thor's durability feats. Yes, he used an eldritch scimitar against Thanos, but it was damn near useless. Thanos literally caught the blade with his bare hand without any damage:

https://i.imgur.com/C1KjHxA.mp4

We go by feats, and until Strange's magic arsenal shows the ability to hurt someone as durable as Thor has shown to be, or above, there's not much of an argument for him there.

Jmanghan
Simple. Because nothing he's done offensively has been depicted as being powerful enough to seriously hurt Thor, going by Thor's durability feats. Yes, he used an eldritch scimitar against Thanos, but it was damn near useless. Thanos literally caught the blade with his bare hand without any damage:

https://i.imgur.com/C1KjHxA.mp4

We go by feats, and until Strange's magic arsenal shows the ability to hurt someone as durable as Thor has shown to be, or above, there's not much of an argument for him there. ****, I completely forgot about that.

TheVaultDweller
It's actually an impressive skill feat for Thanos, seeing as he was dealing with both Drax and Strange while having his vision obstructed by webbing.

FrothByte
Well, seeing as Thor has yet to actually BFR anyone with the Bifrost onscreen, meaning we don't even know how long it would take him to do so, that should automatically go to Strange. IMO, a better quickdraw option for Thor would be to try and zap Strange with a lightning bolt from the sky before he can shunt him into the Mirror Dimension. Unless he became super useless in Endgame, he should still be able to call down aerial lightning strikes on opponents like he did in Ragnarok.

Fair point. I'll have to rewatch Dr. Strange just to be sure, but I'm fairly certain after Ragnarok that Thor can shoot lightning faster than Strange can teleport someone. Though again, this depends on how sharp Endgame Thor's reflexes are. You can tell I wasn't too impressed with Endgame Thor.

Still, this does seem like Thor's fight to lose as he has more options to take care of Strange than the other way around.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Fair point. I'll have to rewatch Dr. Strange just to be sure, but I'm fairly certain after Ragnarok that Thor can shoot lightning faster than Strange can teleport someone. Though again, this depends on how sharp Endgame Thor's reflexes are.

Still, this does seem like Thor's fight to lose as he has more options to take care of Strange than the other way around.

Well, if this was Ragnarok Thor, I'd back him both rounds. But yeah, Endgame Thor is a bit of a different story and the only time he used any really notable lightning attack he summoned it from the sky into himself and then projected it through Stormbreaker and Mjolnir, which would take too long here IMO. If we assume that was just PIS and he can still do the direct aerial strikes, then he definitely also has a shot at round 1.

Though, not going to lie. He did look pretty awesome in this shot, even with the paunch.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/43400000/-Thor-God-of-Thunder-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-43408851-600-338.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.