The Thing vs Byrne Era Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Ben is stronger right now than he has been before, in a strict slugfest with this weakest of Superman versions does he stand a chance? no other power to be used by Supes, h2h only.

MrMind
this is the best kmc has to offer

Adam Grimes
Byrne Superman doing good against a PC Kryptonian >>>> anything Ben has ever done. And I love him.

MrMind
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Byrne Superman doing good against a PC Kryptonian >>>> anything Ben has ever done. And I love him.

superman>>>>ben>immortal hulk>the entire avengers

Delta1938
Superman.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by MrMind
superman>>>>ben>immortal hulk>the entire avengers Of course my love

carver9
Byrne Superman loses to Ben.

CosmicComet
Ben loses to a disabled Punisher.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Byrne Superman loses to Ben.

laughing

Sin I AM
Why do people hate Byrne Superman so much? It's weird

Badabing
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Why do people hate Byrne Superman so much? It's weird They either have Quan syndrome or Carver-itis.

lawest9
Originally posted by Badabing
They either have Quan syndrome or Carver-itis.

zopzop
No version of Thing is beating even the weakest version of Superman. Ever.

Diesldude

Stoic
Byrne era Superman at his lowest may lose, as a 4 ton Mammoth KO'd him in adventures of Superman, but on average Ben has no chance.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Badabing
They either have Quan syndrome or Carver-itis.

Two failed posters from a bygone era
Their opinion means nothing

Delta1938
Originally posted by lawest9
Ben is stronger right now than he has been before, in a strict slugfest with this weakest of Superman versions does he stand a chance? no other power to be used by Supes, h2h only.

So, what exactly are the limitations? Only under Byrne(or at least while he wrote Superman since a second writer did one of the 3 titles at the time)? Up until (and may or may not include) DOS? Include feats that canon wise take place Pre-DOS but published after?

lawest9
Originally posted by Delta1938
So, what exactly are the limitations? Only under Byrne(or at least while he wrote Superman since a second writer did one of the 3 titles at the time)? Up until (and may or may not include) DOS? Include feats that canon wise take place Pre-DOS but published after? This is Byrne era Superman before DOS.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Byrne era Superman at his lowest may lose, as a 4 ton Mammoth KO'd him in adventures of Superman, but on average Ben has no chance.
Mammoth wasn't a 4 ton character and he had support, even then it was considered an outlier in the very comic.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mammoth wasn't a 4 ton character and he had support, even then it was considered an outlier in the very comic.

It really doesn't matter. It was an extremely low showing. Well below his average. At that time, or around that time, Superman in my opinion was about Gladiator's level.

abhilegend
Could be.

Sin I AM

Yea Iirc he's not that weak.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yea Iirc he's not that weak.

Mammoth was 60-70 tons under Byrne. I would assume he is around 80-90 now.

EcstaticGrace

Adam Grimes
Byrne era Superman at his lowest may lose, as a 4 ton Mammoth KO'd him in adventures of Superman, but on average Ben has no chance. Lol. What about ben at his lowest too?

lawest9
Yea Iirc he's not that weak. Nope.

Delta1938

What makes you think Mammoth is that weak? I haven't seen a lot of him, but one of the few he was giving the Titans fits when something (maybe telepathy) had him in a daze and they noted it while fighting him.

Delta1938
Genuinely curious to see what JBL has to say.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
What makes you think Mammoth is that weak? I haven't seen a lot of him, but one of the few he was giving the Titans fits when something (maybe telepathy) had him in a daze and they noted it while fighting him.

I may be in error, but at the time of that particular issue, Mammoth was a Class 4.

Delta1938
I may be in error, but at the time of that particular issue, Mammoth was a Class 4.

But WHY do you think that?

Stoic
I believe that there was a citing that had Mammoth struggling to lift 4 tons. I'll check it out because it's been a long time since I read it. Like I said, I could very well be in error.

Delta1938
I believe that there was a citing that had Mammoth struggling to lift 4 tons. I'll check it out because it's been a long time since I read it. Like I said, I could very well be in error.

I think I found the example you referred to. Not really the way you remember.

First, at risk of the anti Superman squad who have to lowball, this was one of the examples of Superman's dynamic powers. His identity crisis(for lack of a better term) was actually making him weaker.

He didn't lose to Mammoth alone. He had struck Mammoth knocking him away, but then was attacked by the rest of the Fatal Five. Including a massive electric blast. Then Mammoth comes and attacks him from behind.

As for Mammoth not lifting 4 tons, it was a good deal more than that, because another member used a machine(his power was to turn machines into other machines) to increase the gravity so it was a lot heavier than it was. Even this though seems to be a low showing for Mammoth given what I've seen and heard of him against others(looking at his appearances, he's a frequent opponent of the Titans, and I know he was giving trouble to a team that included at least Cassie and Bart, him fighting Donna was mentioned).

But when Superman overcame his identity crisis, he wrecked them. This is how he treated Mammoth in that fight.

https://bit.ly/3gKX4GL

https://bit.ly/32FeTyx

So, not really an accurate showing unless he's going through the same problem against Ben, and assuming Ben is superior to Mammoth. Would you see him giving trouble to the Teen Titans while in a daze and slowed from it(or something like that) as they noted fighting Mammoth?

Plus, Adam asked what about Ben at his lowest?

abhilegend
Mammoth was struggling to lift 65 tons IIRC. Not 4 tons.

abhilegend
67 tons

https://i.postimg.cc/BLmxx6Bv/image.jpg

Damborgson
Superman would still deck him lol

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Superman would still deck him lol
He did. In the very same issue. That was treated as a freak chance for Fearsome Five.

Delta1938
He did. In the very same issue. That was treated as a freak chance for Fearsome Five.

mad I explained what happened you JERKFACE!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.