Captain America 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
https://www.ign.com/articles/captain-america-4-in-development-with-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-showrunner

It's in development with the new Captain America (originally Falcon) taking the lead. I'm excited! I hope they continue the political thriller and conspiracies angle of the previous movies. I also hope his partnership with Winter Soldier continues in this movie.

https://i.imgur.com/fMIaOae.jpg

BruceSkywalker
not really a surprise

riv6672
Cool. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Nice. Even though he isn't a super soldier, the character showcased in TFATWS why he really was the best person, in terms of personality/values/character, to take over the mantle from Steve, so I am looking forward to what's next for the new Cap.

Blakemore
Captain America has a shield because he defends America 🤣

CoolBlackKnight
The flying Cap.

SquallX
Hopefully the camaraderie between Sam and Bucky is still present.

wingnix

BackFire
Think Sam is kind of a boring character. But I thought Steve was at first too, then they made him into one of the most compelling and interesting characters in the universe. So I'll give it a shot.

Robtard
Am sad Chris Evans is gone, as he did such a fantastic job as Captain America. Still looking forward to this though as The Falcon and The Winter Solider show was enjoyable. The two leads played off each other well.

Am looking forward to the people who are going to have meltdowns all over the internet because Captain America is now a Black man. eg when just the announcement that their will be a Black man playing some version of Superman made certain types lose their minds.

Do hope they change Sam's CapA outfit from the show, that looked pretty stupid imo.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Do hope they change Sam's CapA outfit from the show, that looked pretty stupid imo.

Yeah looked a bit cheesy.

Old Man Whirly!
Tbh, Cap is Steve Rogers, Iron Man is Tony Stark etc. For me, Thor can be Jane Foster because he already goes in drag so transitioning is not beyond the pale.

Old Man Whirly!
Am sad Chris Evans is gone, as he did such a fantastic job as Captain America. Still looking forward to this though as The Falcon and The Winter Solider show was enjoyable. The two leads played off each other well.

Am looking forward to the people who are going to have meltdowns all over the internet because Captain America is now a Black man. eg when just the announcement that their will be a Black man playing some version of Superman made certain types lose their minds.

Do hope they change Sam's CapA outfit from the show, that looked pretty stupid imo. I liked the Sam Cap comics but for me, whenever someone else is holding a title it's only a matter of time till the true character returns. Miles Morales is great but Peter Parker is Spiderman.

Robtard
They're going to reboot at some point (likely after a long pause after hase 5 is done) and another Steve Rogers will be CapA.

Old Man Whirly!
They're going to reboot at some point (likely after a long pause after hase 5 is done) and another Steve Rogers will be CapA. Exactly.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Tbh, Cap is Steve Rogers, Iron Man is Tony Stark etc. For me, Thor can be Jane Foster because he already goes in drag so transitioning is not beyond the pale.

I dont mind. I mean tbf Chris Evans appearances as Captain America is only 1 shy of Hugh Jackmans as Wolverine.

And the MCU are not even close to rebooting yet. Not even introduced X-Men or FF (unless thats all part of a big reset which I doubt).Whilst Steve Rogers got a pretty perfect ending in Endgame.

And out of the three you mentioned Cap literally is a title/mantle to be passed on.

This was also a good way to give us a Black CA without altering Steve Rogers.

Bentley
If they really want a Steve Rogers Cap at some point they can always use alternate universe hijinks to bring him back cast by a different actor. Given that Captain America is the original time displaced hero it's very easy to succeed in bringing him back into a timeline

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bentley
If they really want a Steve Rogers Cap at some point they can always use alternate universe hijinks to bring him back cast by a different actor. Given that Captain America is the original time displaced hero it's very easy to succeed in bringing him back into a timeline

Kang enters the room.

But yeah I think thats the kind of reboots they would do. Time displacements, reality warping.

Just dont see a full on hard reboot happening within the next 20 years. Still way too many characters and franchises they have to introduce in this shared universe.

Robtard
Have they mentioned a phase 6?

StiltmanFTW

Welcome to comics.

The only suit I really liked was the Heroic Age one (TWS). Worked better on the big screen than in comics.

Old Man Whirly!

BruceSkywalker
it is official

https://deadline.com/2021/08/anthony-mackie-captain-america-4-movie-deal-disney-marvel-malcolm-spellman-1234817327/

Robtard
Good, Mackie isn't as good as Evans in the role, but he's decent enough.

Wonder if they're going to make him into a super soldier or keep him normal. They could always use some "another vial survived" angle or maybe something to do with the US gov finally reverse engineering what's in Isaiah Bradley's blood.

Do hope Isaiah Bradley is in this and we get a flashback of his fight with the Winter Soldier back in 50s Korea. A buffed up ‎John David Washington could play younger Isiah. If not in this, then season 2 of the show. Needs to happen.

BruceSkywalker
tim blake nelson returns

https://deadline.com/2022/09/captain-america-new-world-order-shira-haas-tim-blake-nelson-1235114457/

relentless1
no Hollywood Hogan cameo confirmed yet?? shame 😂

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by relentless1
no Hollywood Hogan cameo confirmed yet?? shame 😂

he's in black adam ...him and adam wrestle thoroughout the entire film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.