Judge Dredd v the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
how far does he get? a single standard weapon to use for each. unarmed opponents standard starting distance but not in line of sight. city setting.

1. wildcat
2. punisher
3. kingpin
4. jason voorhees
5. slade
6. ninjak
7. midnighter
8. cage

DarkSaint85
What are you naming as standard for each? Punisher alone brings a ton of weaponry around, to say nothing of people likeNinjak and slade.

Stoic
We could imagine that they all have a magical box of unlimited space like in Dungeons & Dragons, that allows them to pull out any weapon that is reasonably standard issue for each of them. Different costumes would probably be the cut off line since no combatant would allow for the other to change suits during mid battle?

DarkSaint85
Yeah but they get ONE standard weapon - so sure, Frank doesn't get pumpkin bombs or Pym Particles (for example) but does he get his knife? Or an M16, or a pistol?

I assume Dredd gets his Lawgiver, which then has tons of different ammo etc.

Stoic
Sure why not? Let's make it easier on Leo, and go with what they own as their weapons. In a way it would truly show which of these guys are the most dangerous. It would also likely make some in lower spots on the gauntlet possibly become more dangerous than another in a higher spot. For example, Frank with resources may be more of a threat than Cage.

Old Man Whirly!
Lawgiver gun ftw. Dredd isn't a pussy! Dredd is the Law! It would be similar to what Marshall Law (based on Dredd) did to Superheroes (based on Marvel and DC heroes) and long before "Punisher killed" such and such.

Stoic
For sure, Dredd is badass, and in some of his appearances he left me with the feeling that he has superhuman strength, but then again you can't sleep on Frank, Midnighter, or Slade either.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Stoic
For sure, Dredd is badass, and in some of his appearances he left me with the feeling that he has superhuman strength, but then again you can't sleep on Frank, Midnighter, or Slade either. Yeah, I've been with Dredd since 2000AD issue 2, his first appearance and I was 10 and very excited. smile If you like Dredd look for a comic called Action on the comic reading sites (I can't find it and would love to read it again) It's not dredd, it's actually better I actually have the issues in my loft in the UK but I never go up and get those long boxes down and I am 5000 miles away from them right now. Warrior is also worth a read, it brought us Moore's Marvelman and V for Vendetta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_(comics)

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
Sure why not? Let's make it easier on Leo, and go with what they own as their weapons. In a way it would truly show which of these guys are the most dangerous. It would also likely make some in lower spots on the gauntlet possibly become more dangerous than another in a higher spot. For example, Frank with resources may be more of a threat than Cage.

this is the idea. they each get a single weapon from their most common arsenal--lawgiver for dredd, maybe a machine gun for frank. whatever their most commonly used weapon is, that's what they get, or a variation of their common arsenal. slade could use a gun or his sword if you want, for example.

i've no idea how far he would get. i could legit see him winning or losing from 2 and up. not sure who would take the majority in most of these.

celeyhyga17
I would think pun has at least one rifle and one knife

leonidas
so he only gets to use ONE for the fight. a SINGLE standard weapon. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
so he only gets to use ONE for the fight. a SINGLE standard weapon. thumb up
Gun it is
thumb up

leonidas
think frank takes him out?

DarkSaint85
Depends what gun. Frank could take him out with a rifle. Prob wouldn't with a handgun.

leonidas
same could be said for dredd taking him out, no?

Philosophía
I read it as Judge Dredd vs Ganthet, lol.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
same could be said for dredd taking him out, no?

Lawgiver has homing missiles iirc.

DarkSaint85

leonidas
Lol. Asking for combat speed feats in a vs thread? That Does seem inappropriate. mmm

Bentley
I don't think any of the characters in the guantlet has a lone weapon as busted as the Lawgiver so he effectively outguns them. I can see it making it to seven and maybe 8. Dredd could clear it if he had enough info on his opponents as the last two with their extra powers give him the most pause.

Actually given they are not in the line of sight I don't see how he can take Ninjak or Midnighter, those two would benefit heavily from stealth.

leonidas
thumb up

DarkSaint85
Pretty much. The Lawgiver is far and away the best single weapon on the field.

DarkSaint85
Although...how would he get past 4?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Although...how would he get past 4? If he can regularly beat Judge Death...

Bentley
I guess it depends on the version, but Jason has been blown up by conventional weapons in the past (in movie canon at least)

leonidas
The comic where he fought Jason x he took insane damage too... not sure dredd can beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.