Who's the best of the superman copy clones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Gladiator
Hyperion ( various of them )
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

cdtm
Originally posted by lawest9
Gladiator
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

Not Supreme. Read the entire pre Alan Moore run, he was a terrible disjointed mess.

Moore and post Moore is less a real character, and more a meta story.

Philosophía
In terms of what?

One_Angry_Scot
Kind of tough to pick one as its mainly a subjective question. And I do also think some characters have outgrown the Superman clone comments. Sentry for instance I think has certainly had a varied lore that has separated himself from Superman as opposed to someone like Gladiator who was very much inspired by Superman.

Like can Manhunter even be considered a clone of Superman?

lawest9
In terms of everything

lawest9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Kind of tough to pick one as its mainly a subjective question. And I do also think some characters have outgrown the Superman clone comments. Sentry for instance I think has certainly had a varied lore that has separated himself from Superman as opposed to someone like Gladiator who was very much inspired by Superman.

Like can Manhunter even be considered a clone of Superman? I think so because much of his origin and powers are very similar to Superman.

One_Angry_Scot
I think so because much of his origin and powers are very similar to Superman.

Trouble there in my opinion is that you could essentially call any character that flies and is strong a clone. Like Gabriel Shepherd could be considered a clone in that case.

Adam Grimes
Thragg is more like Zod.

Philosophía
In terms of everything Sentry - closest in terms of character and day to day power level/status as far as Supes in Marvel would go.

Supreme/Hyperion- closest in terms of blatant copycat but also with good stories

Majestic, Captain Marvel - based on, but not copy/paste, with good stories

Apollo, Omni-Man, Plutonian - edgy pastiche

Gladiator - useless copycat that serves no purpose

Allen the Alien, Martian Manhunter are not exactly copy cats.

Thragg is a Zod pastiche.

lawest9
Hmmmmm........

Stoic
Gladiator
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

Gladiator, Hyperion, Supreme, Majestic. The rest don't really qualify any higher than Wonder Man would in terms of having a whole lot in common with Superman's power set.

ShadowFyre
I guess I could look it up but Pastiche means just as far as the artwork goes right?

Im going with Phil's except I think Sentry is useless and I dont think Glads is completely useless but I dont remember him having any good stories or actually being imperative to anything.

Bentley
Jon is the best copycat as he has surpassed the original

cdtm
Mon-El.

Superboy thought they were brothers at first.

Old Man Whirly!
Gladiator
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others? Miracleman although he is a Captain Marvel Clone who is a Superman inspired character more than a clone.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Miracleman although he is a Captain Marvel Clone who is a Superman inspired character more than a clone.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Nobody mentioned Bizarro. You guys are the best.

tkitna
Sun God (Zoran)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.