Cosmic Thor vs Phoenix Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
Cosmic Thor vs Phoenix Vulcan

zopzop
Phoenix Vulcan from the What If? He was pretty uber if I recall. He casually destroyed 8 galaxies, a good chunk of the Annihilation Wave, and had a group of Watchers sh|tting their pants.

He probably wins.

GalacticStorm
Even without the Phoenix boost, Vulcans energy manipulation and re-direction feats are impressive.

Cosmic Thor could drain Galactus, but Vulcans innate ability backed by an infinite energy source makes me believe he would win more out of 10 here. 8/10 Vulcan.

leonidas
when thor fought old man logan phoenix, in an possible future, he fought logan pretty evenly, and in that form logan's firebird was what, as large as a GALAXY. depends on how much you believe the pc added to thor's power. if you think it added a lot, it should be enough to tilt the fight in his favor. unless you feel vulcan phoenix's energy manip skills>OF thor's energy manip skills? i'm unsure, tbh.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
when thor fought old man logan phoenix, in an possible future, he fought logan pretty evenly, and in that form logan's firebird was what, as large as a GALAXY. depends on how much you believe the pc added to thor's power. if you think it added a lot, it should be enough to tilt the fight in his favor. unless you feel vulcan phoenix's energy manip skills>OF thor's energy manip skills? i'm unsure, tbh.

Vulcans micro level control of energy is uber and beyond the basic absorb and re-channel you generally see

Given becoming a host takes existing abilities and expands them to universal significance id say its very likely.

In that What If Vulcans inherent abilities allowed him to absorb the Phoenix from numerous hosts before killing them, demonstrating the scale of his natural ability and his ruthlessness which would play a factor here.

Old Man Phoenix wasn't particularly impressive as a host anyway erm

GalacticStorm
Its kind of like Thors control of the weather versus Storms. Thor has a macro control versus Storm who psionically manipulates atmospheric energy patterns to create the various weather effects she employs

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
when thor fought old man logan phoenix, in an possible future, he fought logan pretty evenly, and in that form logan's firebird was what, as large as a GALAXY.
Wasn't the PF holding Wolverine back because it didn't want Wolverine to kill it's child? Also PF Vulcan's feats >>>>>> PF Logan's.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by zopzop
Wasn't the PF holding Wolverine back because it didn't want Wolverine to kill it's child?

That would be supposition. We cant really assert that as being the case.

Originally posted by zopzop
Also PF Vulcan's feats >>>>>> PF Logan's.

This is true. wink

StyleTime
I wouldn't be surprised if Cosmic Thor drained Vulcan tbh. Vulcan didn't have the greatest control as a user, which was part of his undoing.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by StyleTime
I wouldn't be surprised if Cosmic Thor drained Vulcan tbh. Vulcan didn't have the greatest control as a user, which was part of his undoing.

Vulcan can remotely manipulate energy within another's body, he has even demonstrated an ability to manipulate his own energies that were drained and being held in anothers body.

Its best to be clear about the statement "didnt have the greatest control as a user"

He had perfect control in terms of skill level in terms of energy manipulation, didnt have the greatest emotional control which lead to rampages and ruthless lashing out.

StyleTime
I don't see a functional difference here, as his emotional volatility lead to him losing control of the power regardless.

Which doesn't bode well in fighting back against a drain.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't see a functional difference here, as his emotional volatility lead to him losing control of the power regardless.

Which doesn't bode well in fighting back against a drain.

Theres a clear functional difference.

Vulcan started to lose it when the Phoenix turned on him as he attacked the Summers family and due to Jeans affinity with the Summers family it began to nullify his attacks against them, he consequently got frustrated, angry and lost control of the Force.

That wouldnt apply in this situation. Ahead of that confrontation he casually consumed 7 galaxies, the Kree empire, Annihilus and a 1/3 of the Annihilation Wave.

Control is not an issue.

carver9
Did he face a threat like Thor?

StyleTime
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Theres a clear functional difference.

Vulcan started to lose it when the Phoenix turned on him as he attacked the Summers family and due to Jeans affinity with the Summers family it began to nullify his attacks against them, he consequently got frustrated, angry and lost control of the Force.

That wouldnt apply in this situation. Ahead of that confrontation he casually consumed 7 galaxies, the Kree empire, Annihilus and a 1/3 of the Annihilation Wave.

Control is not an issue.
In general, yes, but I said there's no functional difference here.

When Vulcan met the absolute smallest amount of pushback, he flost control and the Phoenix literally ate him. It was just Cyclops managing to hurt him, then Vulcan imploded.

Before that, he was up against folks who couldn't fight back, so it didn't matter. That's different here, as Thor can absolutely give him a problem. I don't think Vulcan will be mentally stable enough to deal with it, according to the comic. At which point the Phoenix eats Vulcan again, or he loses his powers via Thor draining him.
Originally posted by carver9
Did he face a threat like Thor?
That is also what I'm thinking.

Cosmic Thor insta-drained a super powered up Galactus. Even if Vulcan manages to fight back, he on panel crumbles against any resistance. I think Thor is absolutely capable of draining him tbh. Or making the drain battle tough enough that Vulcan panics and gets eaten by the Phoenix again.

Plus, Rachel and Scott won't be here to delay Vulcan's death again. Vulcan would just disintegrate right there. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.